Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526828 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #12742: May 08, 2017 01:02:19 pm
      Ha Ha sorry about my outburst a little too much to drink . I get your point just think he left it to late and its not the first time. Not many options I agree but pretty sure Origi wont start and Firmino pushed central
      No Prob rossy.... Made me laugh, and now a bit sad (Lack of drink on my part)  ;D

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #12743: May 08, 2017 01:49:03 pm
      Love Klopp to bits but starting to get real frustrated with the guy, he seems to have an dangerous stubbornness about him. Not just with substitutions but his starting line up and shape too.

I am hoping he is reluctant to change things so late into the season because he doesn't want to disrupt our play (as sh*te as its been) and in Summer will look at new formations and personnel.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #12744: May 08, 2017 02:31:53 pm
      Love Klopp to bits but starting to get real frustrated with the guy, he seems to have an dangerous stubbornness about him. Not just with substitutions but his starting line up and shape too.

I am hoping he is reluctant to change things so late into the season because he doesn't want to disrupt our play (as sh*te as its been) and in Summer will look at new formations and personnel.

Of equal concern is this new found over caution he has. Whatever happened to Heavy Metal Football? It's more a slow dance than head banging right now.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #12745: May 08, 2017 02:47:39 pm
      It's more a slow dance than head banging right now.

I reckon he was banging his head yesterday to be fair.

I'm not seeing a lot of over-caution as people seem to be suggesting.  Lallana was hardly pulling up trees when he came on - yeah Sturridge had a couple of chances but he looked spent when he was dawdling in the box in the 90th minute.

I'd imagine he would love to have a fit Henderson in for Lucas, a fully fit Lallana starting and a fully fit Mane back in the team.

It's not over-caution in my book - he's pretty limited at the minute with options.

Considering 7 of the last 8 years we've been struggling to finish with 60 points and usually ended 6th, 7th and 8th then this season is a big step in the right direction.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12746: May 08, 2017 02:49:20 pm
      I would be a sh*t manager so I'm not going to criticize Klopp too much, but it is frustrating when even someone like me, a normal supporter can see what needs to be done to improve things during a game, but the manager takes an age before doing the very thing us mere fans were crying out for!
      All managers are stubborn, not just Klopp. Look at the league table and results, and check out live match threads of other club forums to see that all supporters feel the same way we do when watching games.

Frustration is part of football, It's why winning trophies or even games feels so good, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Klopp is still the right man for the job.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12747: May 08, 2017 03:25:59 pm
      Considering 7 of the last 8 years we've been struggling to finish with 60 points and usually ended 6th, 7th and 8th then this season is a big step in the right direction.

Yup it's strange what people care to remember; as far a being cautious he is trying to get the club into the CL and is playing the averages. We don't have a squad right now that can blow others off the park so in turn we are gritting out games.

We are not after style point right now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #12748: May 08, 2017 04:00:49 pm
      We don't have a squad right now that can blow others off the park

And why is that?
      Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #12749: May 08, 2017 04:04:10 pm
      West Ham away - gulp - we will blow the champions league - we are not good enough, haven't been for months. Europa league willl have to do people
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12750: May 08, 2017 04:08:06 pm
      Yup it's strange what people care to remember; as far a being cautious he is trying to get the club into the CL and is playing the averages. We don't have a squad right now that can blow others off the park so in turn we are gritting out games.

We are not after style point right now.

Sorry to just pick out one part AZ, but there isn't a team in this league who can blow every other team off the park.
      Mostly that's down to peculiar circumstances such of loss of form of key players and/or injury issues, but it's also due to being probably the most competitive league around.
      Those looking for scapegoats would do well to remember that Man U spent a shitload of money over the last few years but continue to struggle, even with the size of their squad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #12751: May 08, 2017 04:08:25 pm
      West Ham away - gulp - we will blow the champions league - we are not good enough, haven't been for months. Europa league willl have to do people

We play better away from home at the moment, would not surprise me one bit if we take all three points next weekend.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12752: May 08, 2017 04:16:24 pm
      We play better away from home at the moment, would not surprise me one bit if we take all three points next weekend.

Bilic likes to attack at home usually, and if he does, we'll hammer them.

If he does a Southampton and parks the bus, it could be tense unless we get an early goal.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #12753: May 08, 2017 04:53:27 pm
      Bilic likes to attack at home usually, and if he does, we'll hammer them.

If he does a Southampton and parks the bus, it could be tense unless we get an early goal.

Even if Bilic comes out to play without Mane we have little chance of giving out a beating to any team.

Klopp has realised that hence the more pragmatic approach of keeping it tight and snatching a 1-0.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12754: May 08, 2017 04:55:10 pm
      A 3rd slip up in this run in and we might not be so lucky to have it in our own hands still.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12755: May 08, 2017 06:15:48 pm
      Even if Bilic comes out to play without Mane we have little chance of giving out a beating to any team.

Klopp has realised that hence the more pragmatic approach of keeping it tight and snatching a 1-0.

He hasn't taken a "pragmatic approach", teams have been parking the bus and we struggle to break them down.

There's a huge difference.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #12756: May 08, 2017 06:23:04 pm
      He hasn't taken a "pragmatic approach", teams have been parking the bus and we struggle to break them down.

There's a huge difference.

I would suggest him telling his players to forget about playing the Liverpool way a month ago was pretty telling and our cautious style in the last few games would suggest that is the case.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12757: May 08, 2017 06:25:49 pm
      I would suggest him telling his players to forget about playing the Liverpool way a month ago was pretty telling and our cautious style in the last few games would suggest that is the case.

I'm not seeing that at all.

Our full backs are still bombing on, we still have both CB's up on the halfway line, and we still press hard in the opponents half.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12758: May 08, 2017 06:37:37 pm

Our full backs are still bombing on, we still have both CB's up on the halfway line, and we still press hard in the opponents half.

I think he is forced into being more "pragmatic" due to the fact that our two fellas that can set the tempo (Hendo) and do something with the tempo (Mane) have been out. I think he has been looking more at not conceding and saying to lower team that our players are better than yours and we will be the one to score in this 1-0 match.

It does not always work like that however if Milner makes the penalty then we win...fine margins and all that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #12759: May 08, 2017 06:37:53 pm

See I'm not really seeing that, we have not really pressed any team probably since Chelsea, besides I doubt the small number of first teamers players are up to it at the end of a hard season.
      Last few games both full backs they have been a bit more restrained with only one going at a time.
      As for the midfielders, yesterday you could probably count on one hand the number of times they made a venture into the opposition box. It was that bad our No 8 was passing on responsibility to Lucas to make something happen  :D

I think Klopp has taken this approach what with Lallana and Sturridge not fully fit add in Origi 's game has fallen off a cliff.

We will see if it pays off.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #12760: May 09, 2017 02:49:57 am
      sturridge can't play in klopp's system at all. let's not pretend that you can just start sturridge in any team and he's effective.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #12761: May 09, 2017 04:48:07 am
      sturridge can't play in klopp's system at all. let's not pretend that you can just start sturridge in any team and he's effective.

He was fairly effective when he came on the other day.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12762: May 09, 2017 05:04:20 am

Fella hasn't even been close to fit since he banged 20+ in alongside Suarez. I don't think we can definitively say he can't play Klopp's system, he just hasn't had the hours to do it yet. Sadly likely won't - some great talents just have sh*t luck with injuries, it happens all the time around all sports. The great what ifs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #12763: May 09, 2017 03:53:35 pm
      He was fairly effective when he came on the other day.

Effective to me means he scored, he had one toe-noggied shot at goal, let's not get too carried away!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12764: May 09, 2017 05:56:28 pm
      Effective to me means he scored, he had one toe-noggied shot at goal, let's not get too carried away!

and the rest of the time he was slow ...... no surprise after he was caught by a newspaper in a Birmingham night club mid week smoking a bong.
      The guy is taking the piss.

Did he let the train take the strain or was it the Roller he took down there.

He thought the " don't sh*t where I eat" rule would be OK and not get found out.

Yeh Right.

Was it for his medicinal reasons ?

He has enough !

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pictured-birmingham-born-england-liverpool-12997542

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/injured-liverpool-star-daniel-sturridge-10369658

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/612023/liverpool-lfc-premier-league-Daniel-Sturridge-smoke-shisha-pipe-crystal-palace-birmingham
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2017 06:01:13 pm by MIRO »

Quick Reply