Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528475 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #12857: Jun 09, 2017 05:17:36 am
      Yup and quite frankly I don't need an explanation...pretty clear what happened what I need now is some action across the board in bringing quality players in and getting them over the line.

Yeah, let's start by tapping up....I mean signing Costa from the rent boys.... That should go some way to alleviate their embarrassing exploits,... Then go get VVD, Keita Brandt and a top class LB,....MIGHT just about smooth things over with us fans too!!

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12858: Jun 09, 2017 09:12:40 am
      I've never always agreed with Klopp on everything, but this tapping up makes no difference. Southampton want to keep pushing the price up. They are even holding out for at least 70m now. It has become a joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4585542/Southampton-demand-70m-Virgil-Van-Dijk.html

Move on and forget about this one.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #12859: Jun 09, 2017 09:41:41 am
      I've never always agreed with Klopp on everything, but this tapping up makes no difference. Southampton want to keep pushing the price up. They are even holding out for at least 70m now. It has become a joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4585542/Southampton-demand-70m-Virgil-Van-Dijk.html

Yup, whilst we have undoubtedly fu**ed this up, and there can be no excuse for that, there's also the fact that Saints got a cob on that no bidding war materialised. They'll be hoping it arrives next year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12860: Jun 09, 2017 09:46:11 am

Who can blame them? He is their key player, no different to what we would expect to happen with Coutinho.
      He signed a 6 year contract, Saints have played a blinder there because they are well and truly in the driving seat.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #12861: Jun 12, 2017 03:25:34 pm

Actually, neither have we *ever* agreed with you on anything.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12862: Jun 18, 2017 09:25:42 pm
      Actually, neither have we *ever* agreed with you on anything.
      Why post like a total ***. What were you trying to achieve? Not living upto your username, that was about as slick as sandpaper toilet roll.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #12863: Jun 19, 2017 03:29:36 pm
      Quote from srslfc
      Not a chance Jürgen is going to comment on this.

I think he'll have a lot to comment about soon, if we don't start building a squad capable of up to 60 odd games. It could even be a resigning issue.

We're 2 weeks from pre-season training, and nobody of note has been signed yet. The most we've managed is try to bid for Salah, with the usual bargaining over the fee. His current club are probably waiting for some other club to just go in and pay the €40m, no strings attached.

We need at least 10 new players, we're not even going to get half a pre season out of them at this rate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #12864: Jun 19, 2017 03:30:49 pm
      I think he'll have a lot to comment about soon, if we don't start building a squad capable of up to 60 odd games. It could even be a resigning issue.

We're 2 weeks from pre-season training, and nobody of note has been signed yet. The most we've managed is try to bid for Salah, with the usual bargaining over the fee. His current club are probably waiting for some other club to just go in and pay the €40m, no strings attached.

We need at least 10 new players, we're not even going to get half a pre season out of them at this rate.

10 new players? No way in hell.

Maybe 4 or 5 top quality players, with the youngsters coming through, that's about it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12865: Jun 19, 2017 04:43:15 pm

10? What on earth?

If any team at this level ever goes into a window needing 10 players then they're in sh*t state.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #12866: Jun 19, 2017 07:09:31 pm
      Last year's squad was wafer thin.

We have at least 8 extra games next year  as it stands. So we need at least 5 quality players ready to run in August, and ideally another 5 or so to step in as and when required.

We don't want another year where squad depth remains an issue, especially when there's a minimum of 10/11 games and a fair number of long trips in a 35 day period around December. Then we're looking at a possible 7-8 more games in January. Certainly there will be 2 games per week every week at that time. If we want to break even again, we can rely on a few youngsters and get the results we got during it last season. But if we want to make a serious go of the season, 5 new signings won't be anywhere near enough to cope with that.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #12867: Jun 19, 2017 07:20:41 pm
      4 or 5 players gives us competition for places ,and a new bench off whats playing now on it ,with promises of more coming retaining a place or indeed getting a start is going to be a hard gig for 4 or 5 guys ,guys like Origi,Ings ,Milner although a great all rounder his game time if the correct signing is made will be limited ,you could maybe put, Matip, and Gomez into that bracket add Hendersons and Sturridge injuries and the recurrence of them is 10 so far fetched ?   
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12868: Jun 19, 2017 07:20:44 pm
      5 new signings won't be anywhere near enough to cope with that.

Yes it will, If you had 5 quality players coming into the 1st team your going to be pushing guys like Firmino, Lallana, Gini, Lovren to the bench.

If we go into the season with a bench of Firmino, Lallana, Gini, Lovren, Origi, Karius, TAA, I will be made up..past the first 16-17 players your talking about 4th choice CB's & Strikers and 6th choice midfielders.

I have no problem with players like Gomez, Woodburn, Solanke, Gruijc & Ejaria making up the rest of the 25 man as you have to leave space for the youngsters seeing how this club is dedicated to the youth system
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12869: Jun 19, 2017 08:28:09 pm
      I would be chuffed with 5 signings, as long as they are good signings in the right areas. Changing the team too much in one go has not helped teams in the past as much as slowly adding quality.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #12870: Jun 19, 2017 11:53:56 pm
      In fact if we just stay with our original starting 11 and add some bench players to bolster for injuries I'd be still delighted. First weeks of the last season showed we can play for the silverware with our 11, it just collapsed when Mané went to the Africa Cup and injuries did hit us. All we basically need is better depth. But of course neither Jürgen nor us would mind one or two real deals....
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #12871: Jun 20, 2017 12:02:15 am
      In fact if we just stay with our original starting 11 and add some bench players to bolster for injuries I'd be still delighted. First weeks of the last season showed we can play for the silverware with our 11, it just collapsed when Mané went to the Africa Cup and injuries did hit us. All we basically need is better depth. But of course neither Jürgen nor us would mind one or two real deals....

Just curious, who do you actually support?  Man Utd right?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12872: Jun 20, 2017 12:04:36 am

You can only embed three new proven players into an existing team per season.
      To do more will knock you back you a season while they all try to gel.

If you want a couple of extra squad players then fine.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12873: Jun 20, 2017 12:36:00 am
      To be fair, he's probably not far out on us needing 10 players. I'm not saying it in quite the same way, but we do need 3 or 4 that are good enough to be going straight into the first team, which just purely for arguments sake, could have been Salah, VVD, Keita and an actual LB. Then we need another 3 or 4 to add good, reliable depth and some quality to the bench.
      I remember when we were at our best under Rafa, he wanted 2 players for each position that were able to compete with each other and in reality, we don't have that within the defence for sure.

But, this isn't football manager and I know full well that it doesn't work that way and if you do get that many in, like Spurs when they sold Bale, you can end up with a very disjointed side that's struggling to gel together.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #12874: Jun 20, 2017 07:48:24 am
      Looks like we're dragging our feet already this transfer pre-season. The teams around us are at work hastily getting deals done while we F**k about, how long has this Salah deal been going on already?

I'm guessing our next 3 or 4 targets will take about 5 weeks of F***ing about before   not getting a full pre-season and Yada , Yada , Yada.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12875: Jun 20, 2017 09:43:48 am

I'm not saying it in quite the same way, but we do need 3 or 4 that are good enough to be going straight into the first team, which just purely for arguments sake, could have been Salah, VVD, Keita and an actual LB.
      Then we need another 3 or 4 to add good, reliable depth and some quality to the bench.
      I remember when we were at our best under Rafa, he wanted 2 players for each position that were able to compete with each other and in reality, we don't have that within the defence for sure.

But, this isn't football manager and I know full well that it doesn't work that way and if you do get that many in, like Spurs when they sold Bale, you can end up with a very disjointed side that's struggling to gel together.

This .

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #12876: Jun 20, 2017 06:27:29 pm
      Tell you what, for a fella who likes to buy cheap unkown players and find "diamonds in the rough" Jürgen doesn't mind splashing a few quid does he? No complaints from me, I think he definitely needs to do exactly that. But having been told by all and sundry for the last eighteen months that "Jürgen doesn't work that way, study his career" it's all getting a bit confusing. If we'd got VVD we'd have just spent 100 million quid in a fortnight, not bad going for an unknown player discoverer. 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12877: Jun 20, 2017 08:08:29 pm
      Tell you what, for a fella who likes to buy cheap unkown players and find "diamonds in the rough" Jürgen doesn't mind splashing a few quid does he? No complaints from me, I think he definitely needs to do exactly that. But having been told by all and sundry for the last eighteen months that "Jürgen doesn't work that way, study his career" it's all getting a bit confusing. If we'd got VVD we'd have just spent 100 million quid in a fortnight, not bad going for an unknown player discoverer. 
      In order to be a success in England, Jürgen will need to buy first team ready players that are better than what we have, and buy these rough diamonds like Solanke.  I would think that's obvious to be honest. I'll never understand how some still believe we would be selling out by buying top talent 🙈
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #12878: Jun 20, 2017 08:42:58 pm
      A bit of fun to get No19  what 4 would you pick ??

Van Dijk. Koulibaly ,Keita, Aubameyang ,Oxlade Chamberlain, Asensio, Neves, Menby,Tierney Gray, Diaz, Mahrez, Costa Diego & Douglas, Martins, Lacazette, Lemar, Laborde ,Pulisic, Milinkovic Savic, Ramirez, Mbappe, De Vrij, Tadic, Tymon, Gibson, Robertson.

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2017 08:52:16 pm by Cad1875 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12879: Jun 20, 2017 09:28:19 pm
      To be fair, he's probably not far out on us needing 10 players. I'm not saying it in quite the same way, but we do need 3 or 4 that are good enough to be going straight into the first team, which just purely for arguments sake, could have been Salah, VVD, Keita and an actual LB. Then we need another 3 or 4 to add good, reliable depth and some quality to the bench.

Fully concur mate, I've said since last seasons end that we need around 7-8 new players this summer, 3-4 top drawer ready to run quality players to fill the voids that we desperately needed the last third of the season to push for third at least,

most of the time our bench looked very ordinary, with no one who could make a real impact, this has to change or we will falter, so alongside the top drawer gang we also need 3-4 individuals who can push for places whilst having a real impact when asked,

Rafa's two for every position is perfection, not many sides can boast that kind of luxury, so this is where your versatility comes to the fore, and why Jürgen loves players like Brazilian Bob, Cou, Lallana , Jimmy Milner, etc,

I expect to see 7 new faces at least with the emphasis on a LB, CB, DM, AM/Striker, pretty much a new spine or at the very least strengthening what's already there.

If Klopp gets what he wants, there is no reason at all why we can't mount a serious threat to Chavs, City for the title, no one, and I MEAN absolutely no one will believe we will be good enough to stay within the top 4 never mind a title challenge, and I like that, being the underdog suits just fine.

YNWA

Quick Reply