Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1527796 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #12880: Jun 20, 2017 10:08:37 pm

Fully concur mate, I've said since last seasons end that we need around 7-8 new players this summer, 3-4 top drawer ready to run quality players to fill the voids that we desperately needed the last third of the season to push for third at least,

most of the time our bench looked very ordinary, with no one who could make a real impact, this has to change or we will falter, so alongside the top drawer gang we also need 3-4 individuals who can push for places whilst having a real impact when asked,

Rafa's two for every position is perfection, not many sides can boast that kind of luxury, so this is where your versatility comes to the fore, and why Jürgen loves players like Brazilian Bob, Cou, Lallana , Jimmy Milner, etc,

I expect to see 7 new faces at least with the emphasis on a LB, CB, DM, AM/Striker, pretty much a new spine or at the very least strengthening what's already there.

If Klopp gets what he wants, there is no reason at all why we can't mount a serious threat to Chavs, City for the title, no one, and I MEAN absolutely no one will believe we will be good enough to stay within the top 4 never mind a title challenge, and I like that, being the underdog suits just fine.

YNWA

You have 25 to the first team

GK- Migs, Karius, Ward
      CB- Matip, Lovren, VVD (presumably), Klaven, Gomez
      FB- Clyne, Milner, TAA
      MF- Coutinho, Lallana, Mane, Henderson, Can, Gini, Gruijc, Salah
      ST- Sturridge, Firmino, Origi, Ings.

That's 23 players..so now your dealing with 4th choice CB's 6th and 7th choice midfielders 3rd choice Strikers.

There is no way we are going to add 8 players and be moving someone like Can down to the ressies or Origi to the U23's.

The club & manager is fully committed to the kids...now I am not saying that the bench last season inspired confidence but look at it this way.

Migs

Clyne  Matip  VVD  Milner

Can

Keita         Coutinho

Mane  Firmino  Salah

Bench: Henderson, Lallana, TAA, Sturridge, Lovren, Karius, Origi.

There is your cover on the bench and then there is Gini not even making the squad.

7 new faces is not going to happen...if it did you might as well just shut down the kids and send them packing because youngsters like Woodburn, Ejaria, Ojo, Solanke and Brewster will never get a sniff and fellas like Origi and Gini will sit there and rot in the ressies.

I expect

Salah
      (another fast wide player or striker)
      VVD
      (younger FB to groom with TAA)
      (another Mid)

I see 5 players max and 3/4 of them being either starting or really pushing the ones in front of them.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #12881: Jun 20, 2017 11:12:10 pm
      A bit of fun to get No19  what 4 would you pick ??

Van Dijk. Koulibaly ,Keita, Aubameyang ,Oxlade Chamberlain, Asensio, Neves, Menby,Tierney Gray, Diaz, Mahrez, Costa Diego & Douglas, Martins, Lacazette, Lemar, Laborde ,Pulisic, Milinkovic Savic, Ramirez, Mbappe, De Vrij, Tadic, Tymon, Gibson, Robertson.

Have to be...

Van Dijk, Diego Costa, Keita and Mbappe from that list
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #12882: Jun 20, 2017 11:21:38 pm

Van Dijk. Koulibaly ,Keita, Aubameyang ,Oxlade Chamberlain, Asensio, Neves, Menby,Tierney Gray, Diaz, Mahrez, Costa Diego & Douglas, Martins, Lacazette, Lemar, Laborde ,Pulisic, Milinkovic Savic, Ramirez, Mbappe, De Vrij, Tadic, Tymon, Gibson, Robertson.

VVD, Auba, Mbappe, Keita.

That's not just 19, but #6 big ears as well.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #12883: Jun 20, 2017 11:59:52 pm
      Quote from AZPatriot
      Yes it will, If you had 5 quality players coming into the 1st team your going to be pushing guys like Firmino, Lallana, Gini, Lovren to the bench.

If we go into the season with a bench of Firmino, Lallana, Gini, Lovren, Origi, Karius, TAA, I will be made up.

I think most of those players are going to be first team regulars again.

It's one thing having a functioning youth system, it's another throwing players in at the deep end to sink or swim before they're ready.

The day after the season ended, Jürgen told us that all the transfer work was done. I haven't seen much productivity since, and concerns are growing that we'll buy a handful of 2nd or 3rd choices, and when the going gets tough in the winter, find that there's no alternative to fill the gaps. We need sufficient resources to deal with 50-60 games next season, some 3-4 days apart. Saying that we need 7 days rest to perform next season just won't do.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #12884: Jun 22, 2017 08:16:09 pm

Aubameyang
      Mahrez
      Diego Costa
      Mbappe

Wow
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12885: Jun 22, 2017 09:32:48 pm

Auba
      Vvd
      Tierny
      Keita.

Team then

Migs.
      Clyne vvd matip tierny

Keita
      Lallana              coutinho

Mane      Auba      salah.

Subs: karius. Lovern hendo firmino gini milner sturridge
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12886: Jun 22, 2017 09:39:25 pm

Keita
      Aubameyang
      Mendy
      Van Dijk
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #12887: Jun 23, 2017 01:38:35 am
      Don't think I've said this enough recently, but our manager is F***ing boss 8)

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #12888: Jun 23, 2017 12:22:57 pm

That would be my 4.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12889: Jun 23, 2017 11:11:28 pm
      My reply was more relevant in here, hence the shift:

You know BBB this whole thing started when Jürgen came and people were wanting us to buy "World Class Players"  (OMG sign  REUS..Sign Lewandowski!!!) myself and others had noted in the past that Jürgen really didn't do "world class players"...that he preferred to buy younger players and develop them not buy "ready made"

So perhaps just perhaps there is a miscommunication of what exactly your talking about.....nobody ever said we would not spend money...what was said was the gaffer was probably not going to go out an buy £80 million pound + superstars.

At least that is all I meant...if you take it differently then not much I can do about it.

Keita
      Gini
      Salah
      Solanke
      Chillwell
      Sessegnon
      Mane
      VVD
      Pulisic
      Brandt
      Zielinski
      Dahoud

All these players we have been linked with or have purchased have things in common, they are relatively just coming into they're best years, they have a high ceiling and with the right manger could kick on to be the next Reus/Lewandowski/Aubumeyang...but they are not "world class"

The fact that VVD might be £60 million, Salah £40 million or Keita £50 million are more indicative to the absolutely insane market prices due to TV deals then the manager changing his ideas or views.

If the manager goes out an buy's

Neymar
      Lionel Messi
      Paul Pogba
      Antoine Griezmann
      Luiz Suarez
      Cristiano Ronaldo
      Paulo Dybala
      Eden Hazard
      Gonzalo Higuain
      Gareth Bale
      Sergio Aguer
      Mauro Icardi
      Kevin de Bruyne
      Alexis Sanchez
      N'Golo Kante
      Alvaro Morata
      Toni Kroos

Then I will gladly state to the whole forum that I had the manager wrong from the start.

#BBBalwayskeeingitclassy  ;)

Exactly AZ, I remember the arguments were also about whether Jürgen would manage a team such as City/Chelsea where he could buy success and many people stated at the time, including myself, that he wouldn't entertain the idea, he'd much prefer to build a project and achieve success with coaching and development rather than buying the title. Unsurprisingly Jürgen has since come out and quite clearly stated "I prefer to do things a different way" and stated there's a strong possibility that he will finish his career only managing 3 clubs, proving those that held that stance right, but let's move on.

Also at the time, when people were arguing about whether we'd buy 'ready made' or 'world class' players, it was stated on numerous occasions that Jürgen would only pay what he deemed someone was worth, this has again also been reflected quite clearly by many quotes from Jürgen and of course our behaviour in the transfer market since Jürgen's arrival, but again, let's move on.

It was also suggested by the 'experts' (not self-proclaimed by the way) that Jürgen is not afraid to spend out on a few gems to add to the squad to compliment the team that he's building (exactly like he did at Dortmund) which appears to be about to be proven correct in this window. Those gems would always be within a budget, he wouldn't be buying Ronaldo/Messi he'd work within a budget (I remember well a limitation/restriction discussion :lmao: ) and surprisingly the signing of Mane seemed to somehow prove this theory wrong. Like Mane was some 'world class' player who'd cost the earth, at a time when United are buying Pogba for £90m or whatever and Ibrahimovic for £300k a week we're supposedly splashing the cash on £35m Mane, the arguments are so weak it's pathetic.

Now that argument has been flipped, flopped, cut, chopped and lied about so much by the usual group ('them' apparently) that they're believing their own bullshit but I can honestly say that the best piece of advice I ever took on this forum was from Saint. Ignoring just one or two people on this board stops those pointless circular arguments and it's a shame when they're quoted that you unfortunately get to see they're still unable to get over being proven wrong and continue to carry all that baggage with them.  (2 years old this, if not more)

The one that gives me a chuckle the most though is those that were branded 'Jürgen experts' were indeed the ones saying that Jürgen was the only manager capable of delivering number 19 under these owners and at the time those against it said it didn't matter who was manager, it wasn't possible unless you spend more than those around you. Money buys success, it was that simple, nothing else matters was the tune. Funny how those words seem to be drifting away now and the prediction of the 'experts' that only Jürgen could deliver number 19 under these owners seems to have a good chance of coming true.

Now whether he succeeds or doesn't his record against the top 7 proves to me that there is much more to this game than simply money. Sure it can buy success and with enough of it even the least talented managers can be shrouded by it but the best managers, those with real talent can show their worth. The difference they make can be felt and can be seen and to my mind we've got the best of the lot, that's not because I'm an expert it's because I believe in the way Jürgen Klopp manages a football club.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #12890: Jun 24, 2017 10:14:05 am
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/Jürgen-klopp-touching-letter-joost-van-der-westhuizen-a7804631.html

Shows the calibre of the man we have in charge.
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2017 10:23:44 am by Fourbrick »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12891: Jun 24, 2017 11:23:47 am

Now whether he succeeds or doesn't his record against the top 7 proves to me that there is much more to this game than simply money.
      Sure it can buy success and with enough of it even the least talented managers can be shrouded by it but the best managers, those with real talent can show their worth.

The difference they make can be felt and can be seen and to my mind we've got the best of the lot, that's not because I'm an expert it's because I believe in the way Jürgen Klopp manages a football club.

Bang On Luke mate .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #12892: Jun 24, 2017 11:52:57 am
      We have the best manager in the world
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #12893: Jun 24, 2017 03:26:43 pm
      We have the best manager in the world
      Has someone somewhere said otherwise? :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #12894: Jun 25, 2017 01:26:58 pm
      Has someone somewhere said otherwise? :D

Probably those same idiots who said we ought to buy Messi or Ronaldo. They'd be the same fellas who said that unless you spend the most money in the league you cannot possibly win it. There's some right nutters on this forum apparently, although thank God their posts don't even get to my computer screen. Must be an auto block or something that I clicked unknowingly way back when.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12895: Jun 27, 2017 06:07:48 am
      My reply was more relevant in here, hence the shift:

Exactly AZ, I remember the arguments were also about whether Jürgen would manage a team such as City/Chelsea where he could buy success and many people stated at the time, including myself, that he wouldn't entertain the idea, he'd much prefer to build a project and achieve success with coaching and development rather than buying the title. Unsurprisingly Jürgen has since come out and quite clearly stated "I prefer to do things a different way" and stated there's a strong possibility that he will finish his career only managing 3 clubs, proving those that held that stance right, but let's move on.

Also at the time, when people were arguing about whether we'd buy 'ready made' or 'world class' players, it was stated on numerous occasions that Jürgen would only pay what he deemed someone was worth, this has again also been reflected quite clearly by many quotes from Jürgen and of course our behaviour in the transfer market since Jürgen's arrival, but again, let's move on.

It was also suggested by the 'experts' (not self-proclaimed by the way) that Jürgen is not afraid to spend out on a few gems to add to the squad to compliment the team that he's building (exactly like he did at Dortmund) which appears to be about to be proven correct in this window. Those gems would always be within a budget, he wouldn't be buying Ronaldo/Messi he'd work within a budget (I remember well a limitation/restriction discussion :lmao: ) and surprisingly the signing of Mane seemed to somehow prove this theory wrong. Like Mane was some 'world class' player who'd cost the earth, at a time when United are buying Pogba for £90m or whatever and Ibrahimovic for £300k a week we're supposedly splashing the cash on £35m Mane, the arguments are so weak it's pathetic.

Now that argument has been flipped, flopped, cut, chopped and lied about so much by the usual group ('them' apparently) that they're believing their own bullshit but I can honestly say that the best piece of advice I ever took on this forum was from Saint. Ignoring just one or two people on this board stops those pointless circular arguments and it's a shame when they're quoted that you unfortunately get to see they're still unable to get over being proven wrong and continue to carry all that baggage with them.  (2 years old this, if not more)

The one that gives me a chuckle the most though is those that were branded 'Jürgen experts' were indeed the ones saying that Jürgen was the only manager capable of delivering number 19 under these owners and at the time those against it said it didn't matter who was manager, it wasn't possible unless you spend more than those around you. Money buys success, it was that simple, nothing else matters was the tune. Funny how those words seem to be drifting away now and the prediction of the 'experts' that only Jürgen could deliver number 19 under these owners seems to have a good chance of coming true.

Now whether he succeeds or doesn't his record against the top 7 proves to me that there is much more to this game than simply money. Sure it can buy success and with enough of it even the least talented managers can be shrouded by it but the best managers, those with real talent can show their worth. The difference they make can be felt and can be seen and to my mind we've got the best of the lot, that's not because I'm an expert it's because I believe in the way Jürgen Klopp manages a football club.

That simply is a brilliant post Luke.

I re-read it again .

His record against the top 7 with someone else's squad ?
      Think about that for one moment . Real managerial talent as you say .

The upside to that ....is reason for optimism without limit.

The future's so bright ...... F**k it .... sat on me Aviators again.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #12896: Jun 29, 2017 05:05:52 pm
      I really like Klopp as a person and a manager, and i think that we have a really charismatic man that has experienced staff around him that know what do they do and why. I cant remember of a manager that i would like to see in his place right now.
      Although i dont like and doubt some of the choices he makes in the market i still believe in what is he doing, and in a few years he will make this club a force to be reckoned with. Last season we played games where we looked invincible and unplayable, and we had six loses that all came from the teams that were not even close to the top five finish, a real shame.
      When you look at that it seems that we allready have a capable team that lacks motivation against weaker teams.
      It seems that something magical is close,just give the man some time.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12897: Jun 29, 2017 08:59:39 pm
      I really like Klopp as a person and a manager, and i think that we have a really charismatic man that has experienced staff around him that know what do they do and why. I cant remember of a manager that i would like to see in his place right now.
      Although i dont like and doubt some of the choices he makes in the market i still believe in what is he doing, and in a few years he will make this club a force to be reckoned with. Last season we played games where we looked invincible and unplayable, and we had six loses that all came from the teams that were not even close to the top five finish, a real shame.
      When you look at that it seems that we allready have a capable team that lacks motivation against weaker teams.
      It seems that something magical is close,just give the man some time.
      I often argue Klopps choices but he is the best manager I remember being at Liverpool, I can't remember Kenny's first spell here... was a bit young to remember that.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #12898: Jun 29, 2017 09:11:54 pm
      I often argue Klopps choices but he is the best manager I remember being at Liverpool, I can't remember Kenny's first spell here... was a bit young to remember that.

Agree. I feel that a lot of people trust in him and i think all of that will pay out one day.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #12899: Jun 29, 2017 11:50:18 pm
      Seems like he is going to give a proper go to youngsters like Ojo, Wilson, Kent and Gomez. He has turned down loan spells for almost all of them to have a look at them in pre-season and this could turn out to be a really big season for them. I hope they grab it with both hands and prove that they belong here.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #12900: Jun 29, 2017 11:51:15 pm
      He's one of the best managers out there without a doubt. His ethos and man management skills instill optimism within the players; they play aggressive front-foot-forward football, which he maintain's by rotating through the squad - leveraging youth where necessary. His signings and targets in the transfer market have been excellent, and he adds the "Klopp appeal" allowing us to approach better players. Has Klopp bought a flop yet? 
      His only downside IMHO is his in-game management, as when we're in a sticky wicket he tends to react to late and doesn't leave enough time for subs to impact the closing stages of the game - but everyone's not perfect!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12901: Jun 30, 2017 09:00:27 am

You don't know what you missed seeing as you are too young for Bill-Bob-Joe and Kenny first time around,they brought life to this club.I think Jürgen Klopp is bringing that life back once again,I love the passion he has for this club.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12902: Jun 30, 2017 12:33:20 pm

Have a look at the picture on my footer .

To share the frame with Shankly should tell you a lot .

I have been lucky in life to have supported this club with both as managers ........including Uncle Bob et al.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017 01:42:15 pm by MIRO »

Quick Reply