Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529845 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13110: Aug 12, 2017 02:28:27 pm
      So we gonna do something about that defense boss?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13111: Aug 12, 2017 02:29:58 pm
      Baffles me that he was a defender yet camt sort our biggest issue, defending. Bizzare
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #13112: Aug 12, 2017 02:30:44 pm
      Ironic post given your username.

Not like Klopp tried to get VVD and Keita or anything...

You have a plan b and c

Klopp has no other plans and he has not addressed or problems from last season

We conceded two goals from corners this season. Same
      Problem

Bye bye klopp, you don't dare to be great
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13113: Aug 12, 2017 02:32:27 pm
      Well that was F***ing awful Jürgen. Continuing to tolerate the likes of Mignolet, Lovren while taking off Salah and TAA. Shocker of an afternoon from the dugout. Has to start doing his job and tell Mignolet where to stick it and start scouting for alternatives in the defence. The notion that there is only one perfect player available is bullshit in a world where there are hundreds of thousands of different options out there.

But no doubt that brainfart will continue to get the gig in goal against Palace while better options like Karius and Ward go untested. F***ing hell Jürgen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13114: Aug 12, 2017 02:35:35 pm
      But no doubt that brainfart will continue to get the gig in goal against Palace while better options like Karius and Ward go untested. F***ing hell Jürgen.

We go with Migs vs Palace and we will lose with Benteke playing.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #13115: Aug 12, 2017 02:39:26 pm
      Must be deluded if he thinks there isn't better players out there than some of the donkeys on display.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13116: Aug 12, 2017 02:49:12 pm
      If klopp for me just like Rogers play attack football win F**k all l think next manger we get in has be someone like conte defense is most important part of game
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #13117: Aug 12, 2017 02:50:01 pm

Haha can't argue against that. Benteke will surely beat Migs in 90m.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13118: Aug 12, 2017 02:51:40 pm
      Could somebody explain to me how an ex-defender is so awful at setting up his teams defensively?
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #13119: Aug 12, 2017 02:55:32 pm
      Could somebody explain to me how an ex-defender is so awful at setting up his teams defensively?

I suspect that what happens is that he talks to them all week about how to play, shows them videos of what to do and what not to do, they sit there and listen and nod thoughtfully in agreement. And then go out on to the pitch and do the complete opposite
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13120: Aug 12, 2017 02:57:05 pm

Fine. Good for him. If he wants to continue doing that and risk the wrath of his fans and even his own job then who am I to criticise.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13121: Aug 12, 2017 03:00:40 pm
      Fine. Good for him. If he wants to continue doing that and risk the wrath of his fans and even his own job then who am I to criticise.

Not sure when the penny will drop. Karius and Ward both looked better in the time they played through pre-season than Migs.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #13122: Aug 12, 2017 03:03:03 pm

There's really not much wrong with the way we actually set up and which spaces we mark. Klopp can only do so much.

If someone doesn't track his man, doesn't clear it well enough, completely misses the header, times his jump wrong, ... How is that Klopp's fault? We've had problems defending setpieces under quite a few managers, the problem lies with the players not dealing with the situation well enough.

Look at both goals today, our starting set up is good. First goal, Matip takes a step forward and goes under it, Firmino isn't even looking at the opposing players, doesn't see Okaka coming and doesn't even jump. Nothing to do with the set up, it's just bad decision making by the players and not knowing what's going on around them.

Third goal on the corner, the way we set up is fine, again. Wijnaldum should just deal with that corner, he was in the perfect position. He deals with it, nothing happens and the corner doesn't even beat the first man.

I also think we lack a bit of height in the team. Other than Matip and Lovren in our usual starting eleven, who is going to win headers when we're defending corners? Pretty sure we've got one of the smallest teams in the PL.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13123: Aug 12, 2017 03:06:14 pm
      Keeping leak goals like that he won't be Liverpool manger very long but one best mangers can't fix us we fu**ed who next as manger just wait for fsg put Steven Gerrard as manger we be luagh as joke as club fsg need sell get in manger that will spend money
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #13124: Aug 12, 2017 03:58:53 pm
      Klopp is simply not up for it, he has no desire to fix our problems

Our main strength last season was our end product with our attack

Our biggest weakness was our back 5 and then our cm

Yet he has only strengthened our attack, this means our potential to better is going to be minimal as we are improving an already great attack

Klopp is finished at Liverpool, he has no desire to be the best. Only a poor manager has no plan b or c in terms of buys
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #13125: Aug 12, 2017 03:59:40 pm
      What is going on in here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #13126: Aug 12, 2017 04:08:11 pm
      the problem lies with the players not dealing with the situation well enough.

But remember, you can't name 4 defenders better.....Klopp said it himself.

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #13127: Aug 12, 2017 04:16:06 pm
      Klopp is simply not up for it, he has no desire to fix our problems

He wants but he can't. Just with me trying to get hot chicks laid: the will is there, but it just doesn't work out.

p.s. Just to clarify: I am pissed for now, bigtime, but even if we finish 14th I want Klopp staying! We need continuity more than anything else and trust me, Klopp is a good coach. If he fails, no one would succeed here, not even Rafa or Paisley.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #13128: Aug 12, 2017 04:20:22 pm

you'd think just a sad wum but ya can't really tell with the internet fans.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13129: Aug 12, 2017 04:34:18 pm
      Our midfield is so depression it joke Jordon captain of Liverpool team he sh*t
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #13130: Aug 12, 2017 04:34:35 pm
      But remember, you can't name 4 defenders better.....Klopp said it himself.

That's not the full story though, is it? Didn't he say that you can't name 4 defenders better that are 'available' and that we could realistically get? Of course there are better defenders out there, Van Dijk being one of them who could improve us massively and one we clearly want to improve our back four.

As it stands, I'm still happy with our RB situation. How many RB's are there that could improve us? Clyne might not be all that offensively, but he is pretty solid defensively. Trent the other way around, solid offensively, pretty suspect defensively so far. So name one that is better, that can improve us and that we can get? Still not happy with our LB situation, though I'll give Robertson the benefit of the doubt of course.

CB: Van Dijk, probably better than all we have and probably one we should be getting / can realistically get. I watch shitloads of football games (too many, to be completely honest) and I've been trying to think of CB's that can genuinely improve us and I honestly can't think of anyone. Granted I don't have access to databases and don't watch the Eastern European leagues, I just don't know. The usual names people would throw around are some random defenders from Germany who they probably haven't watched for more than 5 games. How big an improvement would they be on Matip for example? Is it worth it getting them?

I think that's what Klopp means by trying to name 4 better defenders than we currently have.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13131: Aug 12, 2017 04:43:02 pm
      Keep playing way we are other season of fhish in 6 or 7 place in league no cups you can't keep let in that amount goals what next year if klopp not sack he have least buy 5 or 6 players other rebuild job
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #13132: Aug 12, 2017 04:54:50 pm
      He wants but he can't. Just with me trying to get hot chicks laid: the will is there, but it just doesn't work out.

p.s. Just to clarify: I am pissed for now, bigtime, but even if we finish 14th I want Klopp staying! We need continuity more than anything else and trust me, Klopp is a good coach. If he fails, no one would succeed here, not even Rafa or Paisley.

;D

We have over 150m and klopp has no plan b

He is a great coach but not a great manager

He has killed our optimism and season

Quick Reply