Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526566 times
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13156: Aug 12, 2017 09:20:28 pm
      Yanks out it is then, thing is Im running out of years guys for No 19 and seeing big ears again can we get this sorted sharpish.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13157: Aug 12, 2017 10:25:28 pm
      I said here only way get rid of fsg owners wish F**k off us fans stop going games if true klopp not happy with owners not get money he like but fans keep going games fsg keep on not careing
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13158: Aug 12, 2017 10:28:42 pm
      If klopp walk over owners l big klopp fan just angry he not learn get defence working better lf klopp walks l think fsg will get bad abuise from fans
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13159: Aug 12, 2017 10:30:03 pm
      If klopp walk over owners l big klopp fan just angry he not learn get defence working better lf klopp walks l think fsg will get bad abuise from fans
      If Klopp leaves before this lot, there'll be riots - can just see it
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13160: Aug 12, 2017 10:36:50 pm
      If Klopp leaves before this lot, there'll be riots - can just see it

Please God no, that would be the end for me. Think I'd give up on football altogether.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #13161: Aug 12, 2017 10:59:48 pm
      Got to say I think Klopp has been overly harsh on Karius and overly lenient on Mignolet.

I know its just one position but as with Sakho I'm not convinced at times that LFC on the pitch is coming first.

As has been proved with Coutinhos transfer request all players can be cu*ts. So just pick the best ones for the positions.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #13162: Aug 12, 2017 11:05:43 pm
      Got to say I think Klopp has been overly harsh on Karius and overly lenient on Mignolet.

I know its just one position but as with Sakho I'm not convinced at times that LFC on the pitch is coming first.

As has been proved with Coutinhos transfer request all players can be cu*ts. So just pick the best ones for the positions.

Win with a team of cu*ts , lose with a team of dopes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #13163: Aug 12, 2017 11:07:43 pm

Agree.

I'd have started this season with Karius.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13164: Aug 12, 2017 11:25:19 pm
      Well he signed up knowing the score, just like Brendan did. No point complaining about it now, unless of course he was misled by FSG 🤔 Surely not!

Indeed.

Plus we had the Jürgen experts tell us everything was peachy, tickety-boo, it's how he works and all that...
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 11:38:25 pm by Beerbelly »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #13165: Aug 12, 2017 11:25:29 pm
      I doubt the owners are going to spring for anyone until we get past Hoffenheim to be honest. If we don't get past them then the situation changes for many reasons. My reading of Klopp's latest statement is that he is offering an olive branch to Coutinho. Yes it came after a frustrating draw, but even one eyed fans would accept we are away from home to a fit, strong and fired up EPL side in their first game of the season. I think Klopp knows this too, even if he is emotional. I think he was saying that the owners decide not him, which is obvious. So to Coutinho it reads,'if you stay all is well with the coach its just business and out of both of our hands.'. OF course I could be wrong .. and I often am.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #13166: Aug 12, 2017 11:41:08 pm
      The problem is glaring, in it's simplist sense.  We are unlucky with injuries and such, but we simply have not enough quality replacements to cope with these problems.   And up to now, this has not been addressed..... again.
      I can understand that JK wanted his targets, and they are not available, but is that it ?, is that all we have to offer ?.
      Sorry, but thats not even close to being good enough.  There should've been a plan B, and this sorted weeks ago, and first teamers at that, we are inundated with 'potential'.  Get it sorted Jürgen we need you to get your house in order.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 11:48:28 pm by redtiler »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13167: Aug 12, 2017 11:46:41 pm
      The problem is glaring, in it's simplist sense.  We are unlucky with injuries and such, but we simply have not enough quality replacements to cope with these problems.   And up to now, this has not been addressed..... again.
      I can understand that JK wanted his targets, and they are not available, but is that it ?, is that all we have to offer ?.
      Sorry, but thats not even close to being good enough.  There should've been a plan B, and this sorted weeks ago, and first teamers at that, we are inundated with 'potential'.  Get it sorted Jürgen we need you lad.

Should always be a plan b and c and d. And if you only believe in plan A make  sure it works
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13168: Aug 13, 2017 12:04:46 am
      There have been a lot of gambles taken in this window so far and I fear this could be our last chance at the elite level dining table. Failure to consoldate our position back in the Champions League and we may never get back in again under this ownership. We limped over the line to fourth place last season and we've done nothing to address a lot of the problems we faced. Pick up one or two injuries again and its easy to see us crashing out of all four competitions and battling it out with Everton for a place in the Europa league.

The most troubling thing is that these gambles seem to be down to Klopp being over confident with this squad's capabilities. He's showing a stubborn streak by persisting with players who peristently perform anywhere from poor at worst, to mediocre at best. Hands second chances to some players and not others, despite not being able to shift him on. He also showed a stubborn streak last year in regards to the same formation, a formation that simply doesn't seem to work against teams with disciplined defences.

This season is massive for Klopp because I doubt our supporter base is going to accept a step backwards whilst he refuses to sign players or play ones already at the club, whilst persiting with his favourites to the deteriment of our development. If he gets this wrong, if we do take another step backwards, then how can we have faith in either him or the ownership moving forawrd? All that being said, it's early days yet and there's a lot of football to play and we shouldn't get too carried away over one bad result. Let's see where the journey takes us this season and try to enjoy it along the way.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13169: Aug 13, 2017 12:08:52 am
      There have been a lot of gambles taken in this window so far and I fear this could be our last chance at the elite level dining table. Failure to consoldate our position back in the Champions League and we may never get back in again under this ownership. We limped over the line to fourth place last season and we've done nothing to address a lot of the problems we faced. Pick up one or two injuries again and its easy to see us crashing out of all four competitions and battling it out with Everton for a place in the Europa league.

The most troubling thing is that these gambles seem to be down to Klopp being over confident with this squad's capabilities. He's showing a stubborn streak by persisting with players who peristently perform anywhere from poor at worst, to mediocre at best. Hands second chances to some players and not others, despite not being able to shift him on. He also showed a stubborn streak last year in regards to the same formation, a formation that simply doesn't seem to work against teams with disciplined defences.

This season is massive for Klopp because I doubt our supporter base is going to accept a step backwards whilst he refuses to sign players or play ones already at the club, whilst persiting with his favourites to the deteriment of our development. If he gets this wrong, if we do take another step backwards, then how can we have faith in either him or the ownership moving forawrd? All that being said, it's early days yet and there's a lot of football to play and we shouldn't get too carried away over one bad result. Let's see where the journey takes us this season and try to enjoy it along the way.

What gambles? All eggs in 3 baskets 1 came off from what i can see. Then the twist of 1 looking to go.

Gambles are what you take on a kid with talent or a top player with his best years gone. Liverpool are sh*t scared of gambles
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13170: Aug 13, 2017 12:23:47 am
      What gambles? All eggs in 3 baskets 1 came off from what i can see. Then the twist of 1 looking to go.

Gambles are what you take on a kid with talent or a top player with his best years gone. Liverpool are sh*t scared of gambles

I thought I was clear? Gambling that our squad is good enough. Gambling that we have such good defenders, there's no need to reintergrate Sahko. Gambling on a keeper known for poor decision making. Gambling on not buying anyone other than our first choice targets. Those are all gambles we can ill afford.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13171: Aug 13, 2017 01:04:59 am
      Look only first game we did not lose game still point but if can't beat crystal palace at home next weekend we are fu**ed
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13172: Aug 13, 2017 04:26:14 am
      Our transfer windows are getting worse and worse.

And I blame Klopp almost as much as I blame the idiots in charge.

Up until now, I believe, like all his so-called experts implied that he was/is complicit in methods taken to identify, and control the direction of transfers for would-be players - like when he got busted for his day out in Blackpool with VVD and their stick of rock.

I believed him when he said he had the first and last word on transfers.

I believed him, although I didn't necessarily agree with him backing himself into a corner, when he naively said there is only a "plan A" because like others I thought this was a political bluff of some sort. But it seems his stubbornness know's no bounds.

Yet, I still trusted him on this. Be calm we were told, it's only may, June, July, August they said. Nothing, days turn into weeks, weeks into months, nothing. Then Coutinho drops the bomb and suddenly we have more embarrassment of riches to accompany the shambolic VVD debacle early on in the summer. In-house has become nothing more than a circus. Forget going about our business quietly all summer and getting deals done, we've had our tail between our legs for the most part of it after embarrassing ourselves all over the continent.

I certainly didn't believe, nor did I agree with him when he said he was struggling to find better players for our team to replace existing ones. What Klopp said, to be frank was as delusional as anything BR said when he was well versed in Brent-isms.

People will now want to make FSG the sole fall-guys in this. I have no problem with these idiots getting what they deserve which ultimately is the lion's share. But like Rodgers before him, Klopp has to share his portion of blame which clearly doesn't exonerate those idiots across the pond. Never the less, he ran with the methods, he was happy with them, he said there was no plan B, he told us Moreno and Milner were like new signings - to put it bluntly he's been complicit with it all.

Much of Klopp's defence for trying to find the right players, comes back to: 'he wants players that fit his system', 'the right character' and all that psychobabble BS. Just buy the quality player instead of character profiling him to a system. All this sh*t about systems and character is us pretending to be picky when in reality we're in no position to be that picky - we're not that attractive. Instead, we're getting desperate now and we look like the shy reserved lad being the last one out the nightclub, taking himself and his unused condoms home with him, whose left thinking what might have been. From what I saw yesterday, that famous system he's assembled looked completely chaotic and at odds with itself. I like Gini. But how does he fit into a midfield system with Henderson and Can? You think that is part of a system? Do me a favour!

The bloke needs a reality check if he cannot buy a defender on the planet that can improve us. Firstly, he's dropped the round peg in the square hole - Milner, and returned a season long outcast back to LB, trying to kid us after two performances that Moreno was like a new signing. FWIW, he wasn't that bad yesterday and wasn't the worst player on our team by any stretch but we all know he's not the long term answer at LB. Yet, with that said LB right now seems a minor concern and it is, as it almost pales into insignificance with the rest of the team:

The spine.

This has been left untouched and it is literally frightening.

Mignolet looks to have reverted back to his old ways. He brought Karius who is currently no improvement on Mig's and looks in all honesty like more money wasted. Clearly another prospect Klopp would rather polish; instead of buying an established keeper to come in and take straight over from Mignolet. We're now likely to have this whack-mole selection where it's going to be one out for a number of games and one in until the next one drops a bollock. Great.

Matip and Lovren. I saw somebody refer to Matip as the gentle giant yesterday which made me laugh but right now I'll settle for him. I think he is a classy ball playing CB who does a steady job defensively. But the other f**king idiot next to him is a walking talking bag of nerves and between him and Mignolet it looked like something out of Amityville horror yesterday. While Mignolet was not solely culpable of those 3 goals conceded - the muppets in front of him with their calamitous defending would even make the most hardened keeper look like a doozey. There's no escaping that and I still don't think that penny has dropped for some.

Henderson - Can - Gini. I get that Lallana and Coutinho would supplement the midfield usually and improve us, leaving Henderson to do what he does best - carry water. But if that's the best we can muster after a couple of injuries then the alarm bells should have been ringing (and they were in my mind when the Keita deal went nowhere over the course of 2 f**king months). Again, Klopp's oversight, and again his misplaced belief in these players lead us to where we are currently - staring down a barrel with 18 days to go.

In short, we have a hopeless defence who still cannot defend set-pieces, and a hopeless midfield who don't cut it defensively or offensively.

Firmino - a controversial one for the fan boi club but I maintain he isn't the answer here either yet at the moment he now looks the least of our worries - but again another position which could easily be improved upon if we weren't being so picky and choosy.

And then, while the spine is ignored we hail the signing a winger in Salah (not much of a priority compared to that disatrious spine^^), a LB and Solanke who should have came on yesterday instead of the gormless Origi. Great f**king business Liverpool, let's go and conquer Europe now, not.

Klopp has assembled this ordinary looking squad and while FSG are the masters at shitting on everyone from a great height with their poxy, miserly policies, this illustrious system with it's 'must be a right fit' looks like a shoddy f**king mess in desperate need of quality.

Maybe now, some of the tw*ts on here who were only too happy to sling mud at BR at every given opportunity realise the kind of restraints our idiotic owners place on our managers. And while Rodgers differed in accepting the panic buys of Ballotelli forced on him; Klopp is stubborn in his reluctance to budge from "plan A" - but unlike Rodgers, Klopp told us he was in full control, and wouldn't spend exorbitant amounts of money on players, and was completely in tune with the methods of FSG - again showing way more complicity in this than Rodgers ever did. Ultimately both managers, no matter which way they've turned and operated have been hung out to dry by FSG. Yet, it doesn't mean either are immune from their own critisisms. And for that, Klopp's now suddenly found himself between a rock and a hard place. It's like he's walked straight into it with his eyes wide open. I hope he can get himself out of this mess that he's had no small hand in getting himself into because our club and team need the football side of the "franchise" to lift the spirits of the fan base and players after a diabolical summer, and a diabolical opener.

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 08:58:39 am by Beerbelly »
      +11
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13173: Aug 13, 2017 08:41:39 am
      Look only first game we did not lose game still point but if can't beat crystal palace at home next weekend we are fu**ed

Ohhh the drama, there's another 36 league games following that, like all clubs, we'll win some, draw some, lose some, but to consider us fu**ed after two games... behave.
      ellion87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #13174: Aug 13, 2017 08:55:09 am
      I have growing doubts about Klopp. Why even consider to bring passive out-of-form Origi when you have Solanke with such good pre season perfomance?????? Robertson can also bring some freshness in ideas. This is a literally same squad as last season what we expect from them? Same team same mistakes same problems same results, same season! No F***ing joy to wait what season will bring knowing what it will bring. NOTHING
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13175: Aug 13, 2017 09:40:49 am
      For me, Klopp needs to up his game because some of things he does, and says, are a little strange.

Why no plan 'B'?
      Where was Robertson?
      Why play Origi when Solanke looks the more rounded attacker and had a good pre-season?
      I still can't fathom his reasons for some of the substitutions he makes - when he makes them
      I missed most of the Watford game, but why keep Wijnaldum on when most were saying he was useless?
      But most of all, why, after the last two seasons, did we finish that game with Milner and Moreno in the first XI?
      Why are we still so poor in defence?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,908 posts | 4974 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13176: Aug 13, 2017 09:49:19 am

Well, if all that above is true and I have no reason to doubt 'bluds' itk then for me FSG are done as far as I'm concerned,

This window was their opportunity to back Jürgen but yet again they have failed, not only failed Jürgen they failed the players we the fans and the whole F***ing shooting match,

They are NOT fit and proper owners of our club and now really have to get to F**k out of the club asap,

They have little or no ambition and no F***ing idea, I want them gone and I hope that the majority of my fellow brethren feel the same,

They are no different to those other two KUNTS we had before,

I hope now that the 'FSG OUT ' banners start appearing in the kop starting with our first home game!

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13177: Aug 13, 2017 09:49:37 am
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #13178: Aug 13, 2017 10:03:58 am
      For me, Klopp needs to up his game because some of things he does, and says, are a little strange.

Why no plan 'B'?
      Where was Robertson?
      Why play Origi when Solanke looks the more rounded attacker and had a good pre-season?
      I still can't fathom his reasons for some of the substitutions he makes - when he makes them
      I missed most of the Watford game, but why keep Wijnaldum on when most were saying he was useless?
      But most of all, why, after the last two seasons, did we finish that game with Milner and Moreno in the first XI?
      Why are we still so poor in defence?

What I want to know is why make the changes so late?

We've just had a decent second half and got back into a winning position.

There was absolutely no need to take people off at 86' and 91'.

If people are tired take them off earlier, if not just let the match finish with the same team.

There was absolutely no need and it completely changed the dynamic. Especially the origi and milner subs.

Instead of having to worry about firmino harrying the life out of everyone, they had a pretty static origi doing f**k all.

Then instead of worrying about Salah hitting them down their left they had milner to worry about.

In my opinion this give them more encouragement to attack since we had lost two thirds of our attack and a major part of our defence.

Dreadful substitutions and to make matters worse we then switch the right back and end up conceding from an attack down that side.

Maybe with both Trent and Salah still
      down that side we don't concede a foul leading to the sh*t show that was the 3rd goal.

Poor in game management Jürgen, get your finger out lad! 

Quick Reply