Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528205 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13225: Aug 13, 2017 11:09:08 pm
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #13226: Aug 13, 2017 11:20:40 pm

Happy to read that from the manager. I jut hope it gets backed up with some signings.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13227: Aug 13, 2017 11:35:25 pm

As relieved as I am to read this, I still think we've had more than enough time to improve the squad - and going down to the 11th hour like we usually do, should not have happened this summer.

To start the season going in to the first game, in the state that we have due to unfortunate injuries and potential last minute departures, it's not good enough.

We need Van Dijk and at least one more now in midfield, whether Philipe stays or goes.

But back on to Klopp, he was at fault for the change Gomez for Trent, there was no need. To see him grinning, bickering with himself on the sideline, blaming other things, made me throw my hands up.

Erratic start for Jürgen, let's hope he's got his head screwed on for Palace.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #13228: Aug 13, 2017 11:37:47 pm

The only thing I see related to "Klopp admits new signings needed" is:

Asked if he was in the market for a new centre-back, Klopp responded: “We are still working on all parts. We cannot build them. We have to have talks, we're looking at all parts of the team.

But you can piss right off with that. We've had the entire window already to add and we haven't added but one player that featured or even had chance to feature against Watford.

At the rate we complete transfers, we don't even have enough time yet to bring one more player in.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #13229: Aug 13, 2017 11:49:20 pm
      Not arsed whether publicly says it or not. Obviously, he wants more signings otherwise we wouldn't tried all summer to sign Van Dijk and Keita.

The fellas doing the negotiating are F***ing sh*te. If they weren't, maybe we'd already have the pair of them.

Whether we should or could have someone else in instead is a different issue.

If Klopp knows that we're not signing no one else I wouldn't expect him to be coming out saying "we need new signings" when he knows they aren't coming. Has moaning helped Conte? Would it be of any benefit to the lads already here?

Can't wait for the window to shut and put this sh*te behind use til January at least.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #13230: Aug 13, 2017 11:54:58 pm

Asked if he was in the market for a new centre-back, Klopp responded: “We are still working on all parts. We cannot build them. We have to have talks, we're looking at all parts of the team.

But you can piss right off with that. We've had the entire window already to add and we haven't added but one player that featured or even had chance to feature against Watford.

At the rate we complete transfers, we don't even have enough time yet to bring one more player in.

Agreed. This doesn't sound much different from last week when he said we're keeping our eyes open all over the world (or something like that).
      If anything, this bit of his interview worries me:

“There's no chance it isn't going to happen again. All over the world in football, you'll concede from set-pieces.”

Sounds to me that he thinks conceding set pieces is part of the game and it isn't exclusively our problem.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13231: Aug 13, 2017 11:55:31 pm
      Interesting to see how we fare with Hoffenheim. Klopp better have the team spending every second of the day defending set pieces. They scored more goals than anyone from set pieces last season, so if Watford is anything to go by....hello Europa League.

I don't care how he does it but it's about time he got the team at least some idea of how to defend set pieces and for crying out loud, don't have Firmino zonally marking the biggest, most powerful aerial threat on the pitch!

Wonder what the boss is thinking about his team at the moment because I don't believe what he says in his interviews about certain areas of the team.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13232: Aug 14, 2017 12:13:10 am
      Interesting to see how we fare with Hoffenheim. Klopp better have the team spending every second of the day defending set pieces. They scored more goals than anyone from set pieces last season, so if Watford is anything to go by....hello Europa League.

I don't care how he does it but it's about time he got the team at least some idea of how to defend set pieces and for crying out loud, don't have Firmino zonally marking the biggest, most powerful aerial threat on the pitch!

Wonder what the boss is thinking about his team at the moment because I don't believe what he says in his interviews about certain areas of the team.

Yeah he said today that with the players unavailable the squad wasn't so 'wide'. Think he was just avoiding the word deep and it's sure true that his most recent interviews show signs of tension developing.

Agree with you about Hoffenheim, I know some people dismiss the bundesliga but this is going to be a real test and if we defend like we did against Watford we're right up against it. Similarly if our midfield shows up in the mood where they can't be arsed putting in a shift or contributing in both halves of the pitch then we're on a hiding to nothing.

I'd expect Sturridge to come in and Bobby perhaps dropping into midfield to bring that creative spark from somewhere, sure it's not ideal but it's about the best we can with what we have. My worry is just how fit is Sturridge, I wouldn't be afraid of using Solanke, he's looked excellent to me but in a crucial game like this I think that will be looked at as far too big a risk.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #13233: Aug 14, 2017 12:14:45 am
      You really are a bundle of joy.

I don't think you've ever posted a positive thing out of the 766 pieces of drivel you've posted on here.

I don't think he has ever posted something I have understood!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #13234: Aug 14, 2017 12:59:29 am
      In fairness to him, is there a requirement that you have to be positive when you see no reason to be? I see more and more of this and don't quite understand it. People have differing levels of frustrations, that's just the way it is right?

Problem is,if LFC brings you so much misery why bother.The dude hates the players,manager>how can ya watch the team and not get any F***ing joy or fun from it? just switch ya telly off and walk away,go watch a local non league team or something.we dew and people want Klopp out... F**k me.Cheer the F**k up ya miserable cu*ts. :ernaehrung004:
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13235: Aug 14, 2017 01:32:16 am

Problem is,if LFC brings you so much misery why bother.The dude hates the players,manager>how can ya watch the team and not get any f**king joy or fun from it? just switch ya telly off and walk away,go watch a local non league team or something.we dew and people want Klopp out... f**k me.Cheer the f**k up ya miserable cu*ts. :ernaehrung004:

Being fair to him, that's not how I read the situation. It starts with press breifs before the window opens of having a 'war chest' of £200 million to spend, and Klopp saying the work on targets is almost done, a phrase most people mistakenly understood to mean targets in the bag. Fastforward to the weekend's game against a Watford side that not only outspent us in the market, and outfought us on the field, seeing us as there for the taking after the same old frailities emerge. The way things have gone there's a danger of believers turning back into doubters. A few good performances with positive results, and hopefully a couple of decent signings and the mood will change.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #13236: Aug 14, 2017 02:41:29 am

Problem is,if LFC brings you so much misery why bother.The dude hates the players,manager>how can ya watch the team and not get any f**king joy or fun from it? just switch ya telly off and walk away,go watch a local non league team or something.we dew and people want Klopp out... f**k me.Cheer the f**k up ya miserable cu*ts. :ernaehrung004:

Life brings misery in a lot of instances, so by your estimation why bother? Just off yourself and save everyone having to listen to you eh? What a joke.  :roll:
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #13237: Aug 14, 2017 03:38:45 am

we dew and people want Klopp out

Seriously, if people don't start talking English on this F***ing forum I WILL KILL YOU ALL!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13238: Aug 14, 2017 04:03:06 am

Very much like a Daily Mail headline that.

In the article Klopp mostly talks about it not being one player being an issue, and that defensive organisation is sorted on the training ground.

And he's right, but this organisation from set-pieces should have been worked on long ago, never mind summer just gone. Our first game of the season showed that whatever has been happening on the training ground (defensively), hasn't worked at all. In fact, it looked as though (from that game alone), nothing has been addressed - and for a "world class" manager like Klopp, that is simply not good enough.

Again, just like January he acknowledges that we're thin on the ground once a couple of injuries kick in, and as you say responds with this: “We are still working on all parts. We cannot build them. We have to have talks, we're looking at all parts of the team".

Nothing definitive or assertive in that really. Let's hope we are working on all parts to acquire some much needed quality and let's hope to God, were working on those Sunday league defensive set-pieces that have hampered us for a very long time. That's the one thing as a manager and coach he can address.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #13239: Aug 14, 2017 04:41:11 am
      I'm not liking this situation at all. Lack of signing and the (poor) PR exercise by the club is depressing as F**k. I'd have thought that this window would be different in lieu with the CL, but it seems I was wrong to think that this season would be any different. Even Klopp has admitted that we have to strengthen, but I wonder as to why we fu**ed over full 2.5 months knowing very well we would be playing CL. With each passing day, I'm growing less confident regarding this season. What another fu**ed up situation we have gotten ourselves into. So much for getting into the F***ing CL, and the likes of Pearce F***ing about of our "budget".
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13240: Aug 14, 2017 07:05:18 am
      I don't think he has ever posted something I have understood!

To be fair I think the lad has dyslexia which is fair enough.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13241: Aug 14, 2017 08:08:21 am
      To be fair I think the lad has dyslexia which is fair enough.

I know that and have give him leeway of course but through that he's still talking sh*te
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13242: Aug 14, 2017 08:15:36 am
      Quote from Boston not la hlink=topic=48146.msg2069062#msg2069062 date=1502668769

Problem is,if LFC brings you so much misery why bother.The dude hates the players,manager>how can ya watch the team and not get any F***ing joy or fun from it? just switch ya telly off and walk away,go watch a local non league team or something.we dew and people want Klopp out... F**k me.Cheer the F**k up ya miserable cu*ts. :ernaehrung004:

Seriously, if people don't start talking English on this F***ing forum I WILL KILL YOU ALL!

:lmao: hahahahaha

:ernaehrung004:
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #13243: Aug 14, 2017 09:14:17 am
      Can't stick him most of the time but you've got to admire Jose sometimes. Wins trophies and uses the transfer market well. Why weren't we linked to Matic? Exactly the type of player we need to screen the defence...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13244: Aug 14, 2017 09:37:35 am
      The set piece defending at the weekend was definitely a worry. It's not so much that we conceded, it was just that the whole thing was shambolic in it's execution, nobody seemingly being aware of what their job was. Quite honestly every time someone slings it into our box we look like me might potentially concede, and I think it's time for an adjustment in method.

I've personally got no problem with zonal defence, it's how I'd set up myself, but I'd make two changes.

I'd defend the front post with Can. He's a good header and physical enough to clear any bodies out of the way and head it out. In the middle, I'd take our best header off the zones, (Lovren, no really he is) and put him on John Terry duty. By that I mean his job is to pick the flight of the cross, attack it and head it out, REGARDLESS of where the ball is aimed. He begins central edge of our six yard box, and like I say attacks it wherever it goes.

Everyone else needs to significantly up their game, and the amount of physicality they bring to it. Firmino and Wijnaldum were a joke at the weekend to name but two (in defending set pieces) and they weren't alone.

Simplify the method a little though, back to basics a bit.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13245: Aug 14, 2017 10:05:20 am

Well the way I see this is he is not a regular poster, i.e. he does not post every week, so i guess that he post when things are not going well, selling players, losing game etc. .... I never understood the whole "Negative/Positive"  thing. We all want Liverpool to win, but sometime they don't that's what some would call "The Up's And Downs Of Football"... He is fully entitled to voice his frustration and displeasure and should not be taking sh!t for doing so...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13246: Aug 14, 2017 10:08:14 am
      Seriously, if people don't start talking English on this f**king forum I WILL KILL YOU ALL!
      That's be cause we were wet  :f_tongueincheek:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13247: Aug 14, 2017 10:25:51 am
      The set piece defending at the weekend was definitely a worry. It's not so much that we conceded, it was just that the whole thing was shambolic in it's execution, nobody seemingly being aware of what their job was. Quite honestly every time someone slings it into our box we look like me might potentially concede, and I think it's time for an adjustment in method.

I've personally got no problem with zonal defence, it's how I'd set up myself, but I'd make two changes.

I'd defend the front post with Can. He's a good header and physical enough to clear any bodies out of the way and head it out. In the middle, I'd take our best header off the zones, (Lovren, no really he is) and put him on John Terry duty. By that I mean his job is to pick the flight of the cross, attack it and head it out, REGARDLESS of where the ball is aimed. He begins central edge of our six yard box, and like I say attacks it wherever it goes.

Everyone else needs to significantly up their game, and the amount of physicality they bring to it. Firmino and Wijnaldum were a joke at the weekend to name but two (in defending set pieces) and they weren't alone.

Simplify the method a little though, back to basics a bit.

Decent shout Mick.

Our players don't attack the zone they're supposed to be defending.

Even mixing the system whereby 4 or 5 mark across the six yard zones and another 3 man-to-man the most dangerous threats.
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017 10:31:00 am by Beerbelly »

Quick Reply