Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1527853 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13524: Sep 13, 2017 10:29:31 am
      Quite simply, IMHO Klopp's approach is same as Keegan's. We will score more than the opposition - fuuuuuuuuuuk with defence.

Keegan's Newcastle were great to look at (as are we since Klopp came) but they *didn't* win anything. We were in three finals and lost all of them. :(

2 finals

I for one am not already writing off any chance winning things under Jürgen, in fact I'm confident we will
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #13525: Sep 13, 2017 10:32:31 am
      Quite simply, IMHO Klopp's approach is same as Keegan's. We will score more than the opposition - fuuuuuuuuuuk with defence.

Keegan's Newcastle were great to look at (as are we since Klopp came) but they *didn't* win anything. We were in three finals and lost all of them. :(

He showed at Dortmund that once he has the right players his defence is as good as you can imagine, we are still in the early days of building our team and at the moment it's finding the right balance between attack and defence bearing in mind our weaknesses in defence.

Patience my friend.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13526: Sep 13, 2017 10:59:49 am
      He showed at Dortmund that once he has the right players his defence is as good as you can imagine, we are still in the early days of building our team and at the moment it's finding the right balance between attack and defence bearing in mind our weaknesses in defence.

Patience my friend.

Calls for patience are all well and good but we're further along than Dortmund were at this stage of his tenure and we're a much richer club. There is absolutely no excuse for suggesting that in the whole wide world only Van Dyke could improve us. No one thought that was a sensible position to take, and everyone thought it would end up biting us in the arse and it very much did last weekend. That position cannot be taken in January otherwise should we finish outside the top four as a result of defensive frailities, and once more end up with the worst defensive record of the top six or seven, the blame will squarely be on Klopp's shoulders.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #13527: Sep 13, 2017 11:06:59 am
      Calls for patience are all well and good but we're further along than Dortmund were at this stage of his tenure and we're a much richer club. There is absolutely no excuse for suggesting that in the whole wide world only Van Dyke could improve us. No one thought that was a sensible position to take, and everyone thought it would end up biting us in the arse and it very much did last weekend. That position cannot be taken in January otherwise should we finish outside the top four as a result of defensive frailities, and once more end up with the worst defensive record of the top six or seven, the blame will squarely be on Klopp's shoulders.

Can't disagree with the VVD farce mate but we are not privy to what exactly is going on, maybe Klopp and the club think we can still get him in January, but yeah big gamble.

Take it with a pinch of salt but Danny Murphy was saying he heard that the VVD deal likely to go through at the end of the window but Saints got greedy thinking we were likely to get a windfall with Coutinho going to Barca and were trying to rinse us.

Kopite78
      Reply #13528: Sep 13, 2017 11:07:33 am

Blame blame blame.

Why do we have to apportion blame 4 games into a season and a couple of seasons into his tenure.
      A tenure where we are overall going in tge right direction?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13529: Sep 13, 2017 11:19:50 am
      Blame blame blame.

Why do we have to apportion blame 4 games into a season and a couple of seasons into his tenure.
      A tenure where we are overall going in tge right direction?

A tenure at a club that was more developed and richer than the one the comparisson was drawn against. The decision is made, it can't be addressed until January. The criticism was at the comparisson and calls for patience when patience wouldn't be needed had sensible decisions been made in the first place.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13530: Sep 13, 2017 01:15:03 pm
      Would only be fair if heimdall returns the favour and gives you a thumbs up!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  ;D
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #13531: Sep 13, 2017 02:30:47 pm
      2 finals

I for one am not already writing off any chance winning things under Jürgen, in fact I'm confident we will

I stand corrected - yup two finals. No, I am not giving up on Klopp but I am just underwhelmed by some of his tactics, stubborness, etc. For example, he refusing to buy anyone other than VVD. Also, in game change where he makes very late substitution, use of the almost same personell game after game even if the midfield has the three stooges in it.

In conclusion, I will have Klopp any day of the week but he has to be more flexible. Can't just expect us to blow everyone away all the time,
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13532: Sep 13, 2017 09:41:37 pm
      18 months in and that back 4 is no better. In fact possibily worse. Killing us
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,268 posts | 1001 
      Reply #13533: Sep 13, 2017 09:48:16 pm
      We should have won that with ease, defence was sloppy, attack was sloppy and as for the midfield, least said the better. Our failure to strengthen the defence will surely come back to bite us on the b*m!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #13534: Sep 13, 2017 09:50:10 pm
      I thought the lineup was good, maybe should have moved Can to DM and played Coutinho instead of Henderson.
      But he is always late with his substitution, we looked ok first half of the 2nd half and we probably needed Coutinho and Sturridge earlier to push for the 3rd goal.

I don't understand putting Ox for 5 minutes either.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13535: Sep 13, 2017 09:51:42 pm
      The man needs to realise he must srft this out. Why is he not coaching the defence?
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2017 10:09:20 pm by Brian78 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13536: Sep 13, 2017 10:08:28 pm
      What was that all about at full time? Did somebody from the Seville bench throw something at Klopp?

If not, just shake hands with the assistants and move on. Their manager was being an ass and got what he deserved -and Klopp was right not to shake his hand at that point.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13537: Sep 13, 2017 10:35:08 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/908079515523534849

Interesting one that, putting the emphasis on others to help those that let their concentration drop. Is he basically asking for others to say "wake the f**k, up" as I'd look at it, or just referring to coaching them better?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #13538: Sep 13, 2017 10:43:00 pm
      I wish he hadn't come out and repeatedly said that it's difficult to improve upon our current defence. What a foolish thing to say.
      Also, what's up with all the late subs? Really shows poor game management yet again. When the players start showing signs of fatigue is the moment to bring on fresh legs. You can't just wait around and pray nothing will happen as the opposition regains control of the game and increases their pressure. This has happened way too many times already, Jürgen. Remember the EL final against this very same side?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #13539: Sep 13, 2017 10:54:06 pm
      Don't understand the subs with 5 mins left. Completely pointless.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13540: Sep 13, 2017 10:58:44 pm
      I thought the lineup was good, maybe should have moved Can to DM and played Coutinho instead of Henderson.
      But he is always late with his substitution, we looked ok first half of the 2nd half and we probably needed Coutinho and Sturridge earlier to push for the 3rd goal.

I don't understand putting Ox for 5 minutes either.

Don't understand the subs with 5 mins left. Completely pointless.

Won two corners, fresh legs. I mean F**k me, right?

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/908079515523534849

Interesting one that, putting the emphasis on others to help those that let their concentration drop. Is he basically asking for others to say "wake the f**k, up" as I'd look at it, or just referring to coaching them better?

Might be asking for a bit more team effort on the leadership front, both playing personal and coaches? Which we all see is needed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #13541: Sep 13, 2017 11:02:26 pm

Won two corners, fresh legs. I mean f**k me, right?

Might be asking for a bit more team effort on the leadership front, both playing personal and coaches? Which we all see is needed.

Fresh legs and what did they create?

Firmino was flagging after 65mins that's when Sturridge should have come on.
      Mane will be rested on the weekend why take off your most potent threat?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13542: Sep 13, 2017 11:04:01 pm
      I wish he hadn't come out and repeatedly said that it's difficult to improve upon our current defence. What a foolish thing to say.
      Also, what's up with all the late subs? Really shows poor game management yet again. When the players start showing signs of fatigue is the moment to bring on fresh legs. You can't just wait around and pray nothing will happen as the opposition regains control of the game and increases their pressure. This has happened way too many times already, Jürgen. Remember the EL final against this very same side?

I was saying this late on in the game, the time to make subs is just before their legs start going, not afterwards when it's too late and most certainly not with a couple of minutes left on the clock. What the F**k was Chamberlain supposed to do in 2 minutes and Sturridge in 5?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #13543: Sep 13, 2017 11:09:23 pm
      One misplaced pass and we are in trouble, looking more and more that the tactics are just to heavily placed on attack which is too high risk because with the likes of Hendo and Can a misplaced pass is pretty likely.

I noticed at one point Firmino losing the ball in the opposition half and it was like the parting of the Red Sea for the Sevilla player to break into our half, tactics as well as players seems a issue, Klopp has too much faith in the ability of these players.
      Mind you simple solution would be a prope DM!
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #13544: Sep 13, 2017 11:16:15 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/908081387076538370

Conceded 13 in 7 games.. I wonder why it's the defence being talked about :-\
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #13545: Sep 13, 2017 11:16:51 pm

That would be too f***in logical for this manager. Is it 13 goals conceded in 7 games this season? We all know our Achilles heal last season was our defensive set up and f**k all has been done to address it
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #13546: Sep 13, 2017 11:20:27 pm
      One misplaced pass and we are in trouble, looking more and more that the tactics are just to heavily placed on attack which is too high risk because with the likes of Hendo and Can a misplaced pass is pretty likely.

I noticed at one point Firmino losing the ball in the opposition half and it was like the parting of the Red Sea for the Sevilla player to break into our half, tactics as well as players seems a issue, Klopp has too much faith in the ability of these players.

I'd swap Henderson with N'Zonzi in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply