Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526512 times
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14122: Oct 01, 2017 07:00:48 pm
      At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Klopp went out and said that FSG didn't support him with funds in the summer.

I can't believe that a guy that had Hummels along with Gundogan/Levandowski/Aubameyang is OK with playing Klavan&Lovren and a crooked Sturridge as an alternative to a midfielder leading the attack.

Also all of these signings stink of Michael Edwards and his shitty committee.. the eternal english hopes and an usual 30-40mil punt.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14123: Oct 01, 2017 07:02:34 pm
      Worrying for Jürgen.
      He's shuffling the deck, but getting the same results.

Summer transfers:
      Salah - doing well
      Solanke - sometimes sub
      Robertson - the invisible man
      AOC - 40mill black hole

4 players ... 1 regular starter from the big summer promised :(
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14124: Oct 01, 2017 07:03:29 pm
      We may win against utd or spurs won't matter we still lose against sh*t teams we end up 6 or 7 in league that our level
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14125: Oct 01, 2017 07:05:18 pm
      May as well just give some young players chance because we not win league we not get top 4 it be city utd Chelsea spurs or even areasnl
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14126: Oct 01, 2017 07:42:21 pm
      Summer transfer window was poor

Either Klopp screwed up or he was screwed over

Something wrong somehwere
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6356 
      Reply #14127: Oct 01, 2017 08:26:08 pm
      Look at next two games utd spurs away it like other season were l can't wait till over we out league again only October not sure how club go from here we look like midtable club l like if klopp is sack or walk we bring in manger that start from bottom get rid of 8 players even built new team look like we need other 6 or 7 players

What is wrong with you? If Klopp isn’t going to build a completely new team, why in the hell would we want to let a less competent manager do that?  And if FSG won’t spend loads to support Klopp, why would they throw money at another “project”??? Get a grip.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14128: Oct 01, 2017 08:38:02 pm
      Well Leinster city won league on budget so you can sell 6 or 7 players bring in 4 or 5 better players
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #14129: Oct 01, 2017 08:47:38 pm
      He still doesn't know his best 11.

Worrying.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #14130: Oct 01, 2017 08:50:44 pm

Worrying.
      I'd be happy if he knew what Ox was bought for

More I think about it the more I think FSG's famous TC is involved somewhere. I can't believe Klopp having done so well with transfers in Germany has suddenly decided there are no centre-backs anywhere on the planet that can improve us. 
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14131: Oct 01, 2017 09:02:58 pm
      Well what is point fsg bring in klopp if not going give him funds maybe as well just kept Brenden Rogers we not going win anything with these owners their won't sack klopp l think he walk get fed up with hole thing
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #14132: Oct 01, 2017 09:03:13 pm
      I'd be happy if he knew what Ox was bought for

More I think about it the more I think FSG's famous TC is involved somewhere. I can't believe Klopp having done so well with transfers in Germany has suddenly decided there are no centre-backs anywhere on the planet that can improve us. 

Klopp didn't make the signings in Germany he had Zorc as DoF.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #14133: Oct 01, 2017 09:07:23 pm
      Klopp didn't make the signings in Germany he had Zorc as DoF.

I know. But I'm guessing he knows a good player when he sees one. Either that or sack Klopp and go hire Michael Zorc!

Seriously though, I see little to no change from Rodgers' day at the helm. Great in attack, terrible in defence, only, if I'm to be honest, I don't think our attack is as good as it was with Suarez and our defence is just as bad. If not worse.

Our squad depth is better but on the field, we have different faces but similar results.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14134: Oct 01, 2017 09:25:10 pm
      I know. But I'm guessing he knows a good player when he sees one. Either that or sack Klopp and go hire Michael Zorc!

Seriously though, I see little to no change from Rodgers' day at the helm. Great in attack, terrible in defence, only, if I'm to be honest, I don't think our attack is as good as it was with Suarez and our defence is just as bad. If not worse.

Our squad depth is better but on the field, we have different faces but similar results.

See this is the thing Rush, that team Rodgers had nearly won the league and I'd agree with your assessment completely. We're great in attack, close but not quite as good purely because of the Suarez factor, we're slightly better in defence but again not much and certainly have more depth to the squad.

This is the point I was making the other day that I don't believe Jürgen is given credit for just what a mess he took over because people compare it too much to the nearly year. That squad had been dismantled and the best players: Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling/Gerrard either were sold or in Sturridge's case just aren't the same player.

So climbing back up to that level was already a tough challenge which right now I don't think we're too far off. However, I will say that Jürgen has failed when it comes to the centre of defence and no amount of understanding about loyalty over VvD can forgive the position we're in back there. We wont play Gomez he's too raw and young, we're heavily drugging Lovren to get him on the pitch, Matip is injury prone and Klavan is just wildly inconsistent.

Selling Lucas was a mistake because he could cover both, bringing in someone else clearly would have made this manageable, but right now I think we're at complete breaking point at the CBs and we haven't really hit our heaviest part of the schedule yet. I do believe that Jürgen will do everything in his power to bring VvD in for January (no matter what form he shows for the Saints) and that could make things look a lot better but we still have to get there yet.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #14135: Oct 01, 2017 09:28:38 pm
      Drugging Lovren?

Thought my son said something about him taking about half a dozen pills before each game.

Oh, and yes, good post Luke, I tend to agree with most if not all of it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14136: Oct 01, 2017 09:29:57 pm
      Drugging Lovren?

Thought my son said something about him taking about half a dozen pills before each game.

Yeah, apparently he's popping 5 pills before games:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dejan-lovren-taking-five-pills-13697178
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14137: Oct 01, 2017 09:49:44 pm
      As big are the questions that Klopp has to answer how on earth do the questions just stop at him if it goes tits up? How does that gawky c**t Michael Edwards get away with failure after failure and continue getting a cushty wage at the club? What about Mike Gordon?

The only man above Klopp making his face known is Peter Moore. The rest are faceless cowards.

Edwards has no impact on the training field that simple. We need to focus on the field F**k the rest. Burnley newcastle watford. We have failed to beat all 3. Now try and tell me that has F**k all to do with any c**t in the background
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14138: Oct 01, 2017 09:55:25 pm

Worrying.

Think he does but can't play it week in week out
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #14139: Oct 01, 2017 09:56:10 pm
      Think he does but can't play it week in week out

Why?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6356 
      Reply #14140: Oct 01, 2017 10:00:30 pm

Because Keita isn't here yet and we didn't buy VVD (or a new striker)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6356 
      Reply #14141: Oct 01, 2017 10:02:12 pm
      See this is the thing Rush, that team Rodgers had nearly won the league and I'd agree with your assessment completely. We're great in attack, close but not quite as good purely because of the Suarez factor, we're slightly better in defence but again not much and certainly have more depth to the squad.

This is the point I was making the other day that I don't believe Jürgen is given credit for just what a mess he took over because people compare it too much to the nearly year. That squad had been dismantled and the best players: Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling/Gerrard either were sold or in Sturridge's case just aren't the same player.

So climbing back up to that level was already a tough challenge which right now I don't think we're too far off. However, I will say that Jürgen has failed when it comes to the centre of defence and no amount of understanding about loyalty over VvD can forgive the position we're in back there. We wont play Gomez he's too raw and young, we're heavily drugging Lovren to get him on the pitch, Matip is injury prone and Klavan is just wildly inconsistent.

Selling Lucas was a mistake because he could cover both, bringing in someone else clearly would have made this manageable, but right now I think we're at complete breaking point at the CBs and we haven't really hit our heaviest part of the schedule yet. I do believe that Jürgen will do everything in his power to bring VvD in for January (no matter what form he shows for the Saints) and that could make things look a lot better but we still have to get there yet.

Has VVD played for them yet?  If he doesn't get a run of games, I wonder how much he'll be able to contribute in January (if we were somehow able to get him....Southampton still hold all the cards).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14142: Oct 01, 2017 10:07:25 pm
      What was the point in him signing anyone other than Salah this summer?

Solanke - Barely played

Robertson - played a couple of times but is generally lucky if he even makes the bench

Ox - I've not hidden that I think he's a complete waste of space. BUT, if you are going to pay that much money on a player, who has 1 year left on his contract, you'd expect him to be playing more. He's been crap when he's played and I'd rather he didn't play as I don't think he offers anything but hopefully you understand my point.

I know it seems like I've aimed a shot at Ox there but I don't mean for this post to be like that, it's about how we've gotten back into the Champions League, had a chance to bolster the team but we may as well had only signed Salah.

No plan B to VVD, missed out on Lemar after going for him at the end of the window, didn't sign a top class out and out goal scorer and we are really paying the price right now.

Klopp needs to get this sorted because we are so predictable to play against now, we are so one dimensional and paying the price. It's not a case of teams sitting back and parking the bus because the same thing has been happening to City and the Mancs this season too but they've been nailing it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6356 
      Reply #14143: Oct 01, 2017 10:09:14 pm
      This was a horrible...HORRIBLE transfer window (after being touted as one we wouldn't forget for the right reasons) and I'm quickly becoming concerned that we may look back at this window as one that set us back for years to come.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #14144: Oct 01, 2017 10:11:25 pm
      What was the point in him signing anyone other than Salah this summer?

Solanke - Barely played

Robertson - played a couple of times but is generally lucky if he even makes the bench

Ox - I've not hidden that I think he's a complete waste of space. BUT, if you are going to pay that much money on a player, who has 1 year left on his contract, you'd expect him to be playing more. He's been crap when he's played and I'd rather he didn't play as I don't think he offers anything but hopefully you understand my point.

I know it seems like I've aimed a shot at Ox there but I don't mean for this post to be like that, it's about how we've gotten back into the Champions League, had a chance to bolster the team but we may as well had only signed Salah.

No plan B to VVD, missed out on Lemar after going for him at the end of the window, didn't sign a top class out and out goal scorer and we are really paying the price right now.

Klopp needs to get this sorted because we are so predictable to play against now, we are so one dimensional and paying the price. It's not a case of teams sitting back and parking the bus because the same thing has been happening to City and the Mancs this season too but they've been nailing it.

Amen hallelujah God bless thank you and good night

Quick Reply