Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529386 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 217 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14421: Oct 22, 2017 06:05:11 pm
      And that's why I can't get excited about us anymore. We can't defend. No matter what we do upfront, our defence will undo it all. And Klopp doesn't think we need a new keeper and can't find defenders to improve us?

Defending like that and we buy Ox for £40m who barely gets a start.

Now we will see what Klopp is really made of and I hope we see it soon because right now I am firmly in the "utterly resigned" disposition.

The last few transfer windows have all been about FSG, the next few will be all about Klopp. For me, he's got two windows to sort this mess out, and that includes January's.

EDIT: No idea what Klopp was thinking of during the time the camera was on him but I felt sorry for him. He looked like a defeated man. Hope this is a watershed moment where he thinks "enough is enough."

So you are willing to write off this season finishing mid table to give him the summer ?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #14422: Oct 22, 2017 06:08:09 pm
      If we don't sign a CB, in Jan I'll be pissed. If we don't buy in Jan, then still don't buy a CB in next summers window, that'll be a red line for me with Jürgen!
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017 06:26:08 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #14423: Oct 22, 2017 06:18:45 pm
      He should be sacked.

4 transfer windows, consistently predictable tactics, persistently poor game management, fixated with the idea of being praised for grooming an average/poor player at the risk of the club, has zero philosophy on defending, expects a 10-2 win make up for a series of dropped points AND blind to the obvious with zero chance at learning.

A serious club would sack him immediately.

Benitez, where are you..  the term "compact" had gone out of our game plan since you left.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #14424: Oct 22, 2017 06:19:42 pm
      If we fail to finish top 4 then we've gone backwards this season.

Where next for Jürgen if this is the case?

Major improvements needed from here until the end of the season and no excuses.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #14425: Oct 22, 2017 06:24:37 pm
      If you have the financial means and a good scouting team it's not that difficult to get reinforcement in the January transfer window, given the shambolic state of our defense.

Problem is, we have neither of those (no matter how hard the PR team try to make it sound).
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #14426: Oct 22, 2017 06:25:01 pm
      Sack Klopp and bring in Rafa?

Rafa has moved on & we should too, I love the man but I don't think he would entertain managing us again with the current owners & set up..

This is the part in our relationship with Klopp where we ride out the storm together..

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14427: Oct 22, 2017 06:26:26 pm
      Plus world cup come up next year and transfers market close before start of season going even harder get players in or out club
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 217 
      Reply #14428: Oct 22, 2017 06:29:31 pm
      4 windows

No improvements
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14429: Oct 22, 2017 06:33:29 pm

Rafa has moved on & we should too, I love the man but I don't think he would entertain managing us again with the current owners & set up..

This is the part in our relationship with Klopp where we ride out the storm together..

That Rafa is above Jürgen in the table with the inexperienced and, let's be fair, underwhelming squad he has is nothing short of astonishing and deeply upsetting.

And I think you're right. Rafa wouldn't entertain these owners. Not with their reluctance to spend and certainly not answering to some gawky, lickspittle goggle eyed c**t like Michael Edwards above him.

He's going to ride this one out is Klopp but to do so he has to pull the lever on Mignolet, Lovren, Can and a good number of other players. If he had any respect for his ambitions, this club and its fans he'll do that sooner rather than later. But, in fairness, that moment passed a long time ago for many supporters. It's astonishing the faith he has given to some of these players and how have the repaid him? By turning in performances that just get worse and worse and worse. And yet he has continued to play them. It gets to the point where such 'faith' is extreme delusion. Not only that, I actually think he's in denial about certain players. Mignolet alone seems bullet proof in Jürgen's eyes.

How else do you explain continued number 1 status on top of a 5 year contract for the useless gimp?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14430: Oct 22, 2017 06:34:48 pm
      So you are willing to write off this season finishing mid table to give him the summer ?
      Already have. Did that a few games ago.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14431: Oct 22, 2017 06:37:09 pm
      Id have more respect if he tried something different.

But week in week out same thing over and over. Sign of madness i believe.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14432: Oct 22, 2017 06:37:24 pm

Were in champions league, that's an improvement...

Anything can happen yet, we could hit a patch of form and go 10/15 games unbeaten, lets get to January before chucking in the towel.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #14433: Oct 22, 2017 06:37:44 pm
      I probably sound like a broken record here and sorry for that, but I just have to repeat that this is all Klopps fault.

Yes Lovren can do better and yes Mignolet should do better but we knew our defense was a F***ing shambles before the transfer window. We knew that we leaked goals and we did F**k all about it going into this season and it F***ing pisses me off.

How can us laymen who do not get paid to analyse football and make the important decisions see what Klopp can't. Maybe he can see it but then if he can for me their is a bigger problem we have to deal with his ego.

If he does know how sh*t our defense is and he was too stubborn to improve it because he didn't get his man than in my books his putting his wishes above the need of the club. Ok maybe just maybe he thought I can get him in Jan and will do ok by then, if that is the case why didn't he bring back Sakho? Stubbornness again. He made a decision and his willing to die by it instead of admit he was wrong (in my opinion)and the club pays the price.

I really loved the fact we got Klopp and thought he would have us playing amazing football with amazing results but im starting to get over the honeymoon phase and started to get real irritated with his style of management. I don't see any tactical awareness at all from him.

Rant over.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 217 
      Reply #14434: Oct 22, 2017 06:38:24 pm
      Already have. Did that a few games ago.

Then he should be sacked
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 217 
      Reply #14435: Oct 22, 2017 06:39:12 pm
      Were in champions league, that's an improvement...

Anything can happen yet, we could hit a patch of form and go 10/15 games unbeaten, lets get to January before chucking in the towel.

Rodgers got sacked for less

Klopp hasn’t improved the defence in four windows

We are worse than when klopp took over

No improvement
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #14436: Oct 22, 2017 06:39:28 pm

You have to agree on the direction to ride out of a storm... can you get that with klopp? NO.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14437: Oct 22, 2017 06:40:31 pm
      Well and truely whacked today.
      Lot of individual errors, but they are nothing new, and has to look in the mirror for those, and following the summer transfer anti-climax.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #14438: Oct 22, 2017 06:41:23 pm
      Got his card marked today did Jürgen if he cant sort it with a war chest of £200 million and thinks VVD and Keita are the answer hes part of the problem ,today shows you what loyalty got Klopp F**k all a humbling
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      Reply #14439: Oct 22, 2017 06:41:27 pm
      What was his post match like?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14440: Oct 22, 2017 06:41:58 pm
      He won't be sacked now nor do I think should he be sacked now. He'll get two transfer windows to sort it out.

But, something needs to change and change soon because right now we'll be lucky to finish above Everton let alone Utd.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #14441: Oct 22, 2017 06:42:57 pm
      Before it gets really ugly for Jürgen he better have some targets lined up for January.

This just wont cut the mustard with the fan base any more.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      Reply #14442: Oct 22, 2017 06:44:12 pm
      He won't be sacked now nor do I think should he be sacked now. He'll get two transfer windows to sort it out.

But, something needs to change and change soon because right now we'll be lucky to finish above Everton let alone Utd.

Why should a man who.openly stated that he had 1 target for centre back and outside of that nobody was better then what he already had be given 2 more windows?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14443: Oct 22, 2017 06:45:20 pm
      Before it gets really ugly for Jürgen he better have some targets lined up for January.

This just wont cut the mustard with the fan base any more.

'Mignolet had a great game and is our best goalkeeper. We just weren't ready in the moment. We absolutely don't need a new goalkeeper'.

Chances on that being said...again?

Quick Reply