Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518630 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14513: Oct 22, 2017 10:18:26 pm
      We can blame Klopp all day long, we can defend Klopp all day long as well. But what about those around him? Under Rodgers, the likes of Pascoe and Mike Marsh got just as much stick as the manager for our sh*t results. They were out of their depth by all accounts, not good enough for Liverpool Football Club and the quicker they were gone the better. But Klopp's backroom staff go unscathed. What are they contributing to the team?

Rodgers was labelled a shithouse for surrounding himself with people who would just agree with him, that's why we constantly had the same problems. Pascoe and Marsh wouldn't dare tell Rodgers he needed to do something differently. So is Klopp in the same bracket? Has he surrounded himself with people who are telling him that this current way of playing is perfect?

Maybe a different voice behind the scenes is what the players need. The manager doesn't need to be sacked to bring in a new coach or two. Rafa had two or three assisants during his time here (Pako, Sammy, Pelligrino) as well as different first team coaches. Klopp's loyalty to his players has been questioned, maybe it's time to question his loyalty to those on his bench because I've never seen "The Brain" do anything but look comfy as F**k in his chair, I don't know what the job of the rest of the backroom staff is. There's Klopp's twin on there but what's his job? There was a big hoohar over Pep Lijnders moving up to the first team but what's he doing now he's there?

This isn't a criticism of any of the staff, I genuinely don't know what they do. But I do know that Rodgers' backroom staff was constantly slaughtered for not being good enough.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #14514: Oct 22, 2017 10:19:30 pm
      Changing managers isn’t going to solve any problems. Klopp’s made some pretty glaring errors since he’s been here, but it still feels like we are just a few players away from making this all work.

People calling for Klopp to go are knee jerking. I’m just calling for Klopp to do a better job so he won’t have to go.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14515: Oct 22, 2017 10:21:29 pm
      Talking to him was F***ing stupid!

Leaking it with the he's chose us etc etc was stupid, get the deal done then flap your gums, loose lips sink ships or deals in the case of VVD.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14516: Oct 22, 2017 10:22:13 pm
      Talking to him was F***ing stupid! Klopp probably wanted him, but the price was too high!

Talking to him when he wasn't supposed to is what got us in the sh*t in the first place!!

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #14517: Oct 22, 2017 10:24:40 pm
      We can blame Klopp all day long, we can defend Klopp all day long as well. But what about those around him? Under Rodgers, the likes of Pascoe and Mike Marsh got just as much stick as the manager for our sh*t results. They were out of their depth by all accounts, not good enough for Liverpool Football Club and the quicker they were gone the better. But Klopp's backroom staff go unscathed. What are they contributing to the team?

Rodgers was labelled a shithouse for surrounding himself with people who would just agree with him, that's why we constantly had the same problems. Pascoe and Marsh wouldn't dare tell Rodgers he needed to do something differently. So is Klopp in the same bracket? Has he surrounded himself with people who are telling him that this current way of playing is perfect?

Maybe a different voice behind the scenes is what the players need. The manager doesn't need to be sacked to bring in a new coach or two. Rafa had two or three assisants during his time here (Pako, Sammy, Pelligrino) as well as different first team coaches. Klopp's loyalty to his players has been questioned, maybe it's time to question his loyalty to those on his bench because I've never seen "The Brain" do anything but look comfy as f**k in his chair, I don't know what the job of the rest of the backroom staff is. There's Klopp's twin on there but what's his job? There was a big hoohar over Pep Lijnders moving up to the first team but what's he doing now he's there?

This isn't a criticism of any of the staff, I genuinely don't know what they do. But I do know that Rodgers' backroom staff was constantly slaughtered for not being good enough.

The Kloppleganger or Kurgen Jlopp, think he's the fitness coach isn't he?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14518: Oct 22, 2017 10:32:39 pm
      Talking to him was f**king stupid! Klopp probably wanted him, but the price was too high!
      [/quot

Vvd would have signed if everything had gone smoothly, wouldn't have started talking to him in the first place if they had no intention of signing him. The problem was Southampton getting the hump.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #14519: Oct 22, 2017 10:33:46 pm

same defenders (cept matip)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14520: Oct 22, 2017 10:38:44 pm

Yep, Andreas Kornmayer is the fitness coach we got from Bayern.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #14521: Oct 22, 2017 10:40:01 pm
      Time for Klopp to drop the idea that he can coach some of these players to the level required. I'd bin Migs and Lovren with immediate effect. I'm no Karina fan but he's got to be worth a look and the same applies to Gomez as a centre-half. Clearly our midfield three doesn't function as it should either. I'd like to see Cputinho in there and give Ox a runout in the wide-left role.

Fingers crossed there are plans to spend some money early in the January window because we're looking desperate right now.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #14522: Oct 22, 2017 10:53:19 pm
      Time for Klopp to drop the idea that he can coach some of these players to the level required.

Jürgen had always two main ideas:

1. Make your team better from within the squad.
      2. Make your offense your real defense.

I support his postulates. If we ever going to be a dominant side it has to be via 1. because we cannot buy it like City oder MU. I also agree with 2., but our offense is just not good enough: We have the ball but we cause too little trouble eventually. So either Jürgen re-emerges our offensive powers or he needs to address our defense. My choice would be clear: Leave the defense alone and make the offense more vertical, more directed to the goal (hit 'n' run) and if you can't see something after being 60s in your opponents half then try going one-to-one into the box to make something happen or to pull a penalty.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14523: Oct 22, 2017 10:56:08 pm
      Id have more respect if he tried something different.

But week in week out same thing over and over. Sign of madness i believe.

Doing the same thing with same players expecting different results is THE sign of madness. :(

He turned me believer from doubter but I am back to doubter. Actually, not even doubter but totally deflated.  :f_wah:

Until now I thought he had us playing above our level but sadly I don't think know he is not the one to move us to next level.   :-[ :'( :mad: :f_wah:

Having said the above, I don't think anyone can do better with FSG & the players we have. So, we are/will be stuck in in this state for at least couple of seasons.
      RedFergie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #14524: Oct 22, 2017 10:57:33 pm
      Time for Klopp to drop the idea that he can coach some of these players to the level required. I'd bin Migs and Lovren with immediate effect. I'm no Karina fan but he's got to be worth a look and the same applies to Gomez as a centre-half. Clearly our midfield three doesn't function as it should either. I'd like to see Cputinho in there and give Ox a runout in the wide-left role.

Fingers crossed there are plans to spend some money early in the January window because we're looking desperate right now.

Had to come on here because it is so annoying......Klopp has a superb keeper in Ward who was awesome at both Aberdeen & Huddersfield where he was given a chance. Why won't Klopp play him? Is it because he is British !!! Cannot see any other reason....
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #14525: Oct 22, 2017 11:12:36 pm
      Doing the same thing with same players expecting different results is THE sign of madness. :(

Yeah, if you do it 4-5 seasons, not just 2 seasons. It takes time to make good players out of Moreno or Lovren or Mignolet, if it is possible at all. In fact I like Moreno and his development.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14526: Oct 22, 2017 11:12:53 pm
      Thing that worries me most is IF he did leave one way or another who would we end up with?

I shudder when I think of it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14527: Oct 22, 2017 11:14:29 pm
      Klopp's credibility is on the line now. No more excuses, he can no longer claim the defensive issue is overblown, that it's difficult to find players who can improve on what we have, or that he can coach these mistakes out of the players. Neither can he realistically continue to play Lovren or Mignolet. They cost us too many points and both have to be dropped for good or for worse otherwise confidence in the manager is going to evaporate. This is his biggest test as a manager yet. Continue to excuse the inexcusable and the fanbase will turn against him.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14528: Oct 22, 2017 11:23:22 pm
      I will take a lot of abuse for say this, but I will back Klopp to turn this around. I'm not saying, he is fault free because he's not however I will back him.

He needs to change but he is the best option.

:couch: :couch:

But Clint, in the two years he has been here, can you tell me how he has changed? What is he doing differently tactics/personnel wise?

All I see is same players & tactics with same results. Surely, any coach would change something. I don't really see any in game changes - in fact I mentioned this at the beginning of last season. IMHO I just don't see him as a success here.

I hope & pray that I am *wrong*. There is no one who can do better than him with these bunch of players. If someone else comes in then it means another 3 years of building the team.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #14529: Oct 22, 2017 11:24:22 pm
      At what point does he become the problem thought? Obviously I blame the guys higher up the ladder, but IF Jürgen doesn't makes the necessary improvements to personnel (which are glaringly obvious) then he must take the flack.

That’s kinda my point.

If no manager CAN really make the changes required....then all changing him does is let the disease spread
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14530: Oct 22, 2017 11:34:13 pm

Honestly mate, I haven't a clue who he is or what he does at the club.

I thought it was jobs for the boys. In the contract talks, Klopp has said something like "I'll only join if you give our kid a job to."
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14531: Oct 22, 2017 11:34:47 pm
      These spurs team just about beat poor Bournemouth team by one goal at home we let in 4 goals these sh*t be going too long team unbalanced unreal poor backline one worse midfield see in premier league team no forward
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14532: Oct 22, 2017 11:36:40 pm
      Why is klopp not fix these he should sold your Henderson loven mig milner few more build his own team in time now he one very big rebuilt job on next summer
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14533: Oct 22, 2017 11:41:36 pm
      Thing that worries me most is IF he did leave one way or another who would we end up with?

I shudder when I think of it.

We go back to what served us well and we promote from within. Steven Gerrard as Liverpool manager. F**k all the "he's not experienced" or "he's not ready". Nah, just throw him in the deep end like we did with Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish - you know when we ruled football.

Also, just to see the meltdown this place would have is worth giving Stevie a go if Klopp decides he's had enough.

Actually, scrap that idea. FSG would go to Celtic and bring Rodgers back saying how he's had such a successful time in Scotland, that he's now ready to tackle the Liverpool job again. Then this place really would implode.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14534: Oct 22, 2017 11:45:21 pm
      Why is klopp not fix these he should sold your Henderson loven mig milner few more build his own team in time now he one very big rebuilt job on next summer

Klopp has built his own team;

Karius
      Alexander-Arnold Klavan Matip Robertson
      Grujic Wijanldum Chamberlain
      Salah Solanke Mane

All handed their Liverpool debuts by Jürgen Klopp. But Klopp has also decided that some of these are either not good enough or not ready for the first team yet.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14535: Oct 22, 2017 11:55:45 pm
      Changing managers isn’t going to solve any problems. Klopp’s made some pretty glaring errors since he’s been here, but it still feels like we are just a few players away from making this all work.

People calling for Klopp to go are knee jerking. I’m just calling for Klopp to do a better job so he won’t have to go.

Simple as this really.

Although he's only going to make it harder for himself if he continues to thibk certain players deserve a career at this club, let alone a f**king starting place in the first eleven.

Quick Reply