Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518407 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14812: Nov 24, 2017 02:51:25 pm
      Wherein lies the problem is the fact that shutting up shop at 0-3, especially when you haven't played well enough to deserve a 0-3 lead, does not need hindsight to realise. It's blatantly obvious. All six goals in that match where down to mistakes rather than any dominance by either side, but having been gifted three goals we lacked even the most fundementally basic game management.

Forgetting even the fact we should have controlled the game much better, something we've shown incapable of doing under Klopp, where was the gamesmanship? When was the last time you saw us time wasting? Where where the substitutions to disrupt the flow of play and give us back control? Why were the substitutions so late?

There's a collective failure at our club that extends beyond players and straight to the manager's door. Signing talented players is only part of the solution. We need to learn the art of one-upmanship if we're to be a success, an art that's been missing from this side since Suarez put away his red shirt for good.

Game management? Yes.

Gamesmanship / genuine time-wasting etc? No.

We need a few more nasty bas**rds.......but I’d rather lose honestly than win cynically.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14813: Nov 24, 2017 02:51:44 pm
      It's due to both. We need leadership in the team but we also need more experience and more quality.
      Replace the spine and get some leaders in there while we're at it.

Thats it 5.

So simple.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14814: Nov 24, 2017 04:49:19 pm
      Game management? Yes.

Gamesmanship / genuine time-wasting etc? No.

We need a few more nasty bas**rds.......but I’d rather lose honestly than win cynically.

Rewatched the match last night, I don't know what the possession stats were for the first 45 minutes, but we really didn't control much of the play then, either. We were just lethal on our breaks. This lack of control obviously ended up costing us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14815: Nov 24, 2017 04:55:46 pm
      Wherein lies the problem is the fact that shutting up shop at 0-3, especially when you haven't played well enough to deserve a 0-3 lead, does not need hindsight to realise. It's blatantly obvious. All six goals in that match where down to mistakes rather than any dominance by either side, but having been gifted three goals we lacked even the most fundementally basic game management.

Forgetting even the fact we should have controlled the game much better, something we've shown incapable of doing under Klopp, where was the gamesmanship? When was the last time you saw us time wasting? Where where the substitutions to disrupt the flow of play and give us back control? Why were the substitutions so late?

There's a collective failure at our club that extends beyond players and straight to the manager's door. Signing talented players is only part of the solution. We need to learn the art of one-upmanship if we're to be a success, an art that's been missing from this side since Suarez put away his red shirt for good.

The substitions were pretty spot on in my book
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #14816: Nov 24, 2017 04:58:30 pm
      The substitions were pretty spot on in my book

Ditto
      Kopite78
      Reply #14817: Nov 24, 2017 06:05:09 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14818: Nov 25, 2017 06:58:01 am
      We seem to have reached the stage where every word klopp says is being pulled apart by some people, he simply isn't the type to throw players under the bus except in extreme circumstances .  No one is asking for blind loyalty or for no questioning or criticism but we seem to be entering dangerous periods where some people have made their mind up on klopp and would rather be proved right than wrong
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2017 07:08:48 am by FATKOPITE10 »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14819: Nov 25, 2017 07:14:21 am
      I make my mind up after a manager has had three seasons, but I can start to form opinions after a few months.

It's a strange one with Klopp though because right now, although I don't think we're going to win the title under him, I also think that (goalkeeper and recognised goal scorer aside) Keita and VvD are exactly the kind of players our team needs. That makes me optimistic. But yes, Klopp isn't the tactical master I was hoping he'd be.

I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong. Time will tell.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #14820: Nov 25, 2017 07:26:44 pm
      Sometimes I wonder if he has any tactical awareness at all.

Why the F**k was Milner kept on and why not bring Mane and Firmino on with time for them to actually kill off the game.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #14821: Nov 25, 2017 07:44:49 pm
      He played Milner and Henderson in midfield. Together. I don't care how tired Mane is (he didn't seem to think he was), and I'd even put Lallana in there after 60 minutes (and not 88 minutes).

Just fed up now
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #14822: Nov 25, 2017 07:53:41 pm
      I don’t know enough about football to say Klopp is making mistakes....he’s the boss, I’m just a fan, but it sure seems that some of his personnel decisions aren’t working the way he is expecting them to.
      Kopite78
      Reply #14823: Nov 25, 2017 07:59:12 pm
       Tell you who he has more tactical awareness than? Any of you lot
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #14824: Nov 25, 2017 08:09:01 pm
      For the second straight time the team botched a lead by playing submissively and timidly. We literally stopped playing football between our 1-0 and Chelsea's 1-1. That's just a character thing. This team has no winning mentality.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14825: Nov 25, 2017 08:09:31 pm
      He played Milner and Henderson in midfield. Together. I don't care how tired Mane is (he didn't seem to think he was), and I'd even put Lallana in there after 60 minutes (and not 88 minutes).

Just fed up now

He played Henderson, Milner together because he had no option. Putting Gini in there to beef it up further to counter Chelsea's threat from there was the only thing he could do so I think he had his hands tied on that one. Even worse when they don't perform like Henderson who once again, despite working hard, was bypassed so easily. Hendo simply refuses to go to ground. His inabilities have been shown up so badly this season. Having a wretched one.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #14826: Nov 25, 2017 08:11:51 pm

Maybe, have to see at the end of this busy period whether he is right or wrong, but two points lost again Today for me.  We take each game as it comes, not the fixture list
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #14827: Nov 25, 2017 08:45:51 pm
      Sure. But is it good enough to win us league titles?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14828: Nov 25, 2017 09:26:28 pm

Maybe but without the power of seeing in the future.........

Kopite78
      Reply #14829: Nov 25, 2017 09:33:23 pm

Who knows but in the mean time being less whiney might make it more enjoyable
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #14830: Nov 25, 2017 10:12:25 pm
      Who knows but in the mean time being less whiney might make it more enjoyable
      That's tough though when our defence seems determined to make whiners out of us all
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14831: Nov 25, 2017 10:33:16 pm
      Even worse when they don't perform like Henderson who once again, despite working hard, was bypassed so easily. Hendo simply refuses to go to ground.
      His inabilities have been shown up so badly this season.
      Having a wretched one.

This.

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #14832: Nov 25, 2017 10:35:50 pm

Overall? which i must agree, but game to game, it looks like he has no clue, or is it his backroom?
      At least with  BR, we, or, I knew he was a chancer.... And dont even go to Scotland.
      Jk is a great manager for LFC, but he falls short every time, Basically, we are good, or we are bad in the same game, What changes ?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #14833: Nov 25, 2017 10:36:57 pm
      I just can’t see Klopp getting us to where we belong when puts a much bigger premium on scoring than defending. Until we settle on defending like men and getting players who can do that this type of stuff will happen.

This musical keeper game has to stop. You KNOW Migs isn’t the answer, and though most aren’t sold on Karius atleast there is some unknown there, so why not find out?

We also keep parking the broken down Hendo in front of the back 4 and think that somehow it will eventually work. It won’t. We don’t need attacking mid fielders, we need to buy a reliable DM.

I love the positivity from all of you who say that we are creating more chances, breaking down bus Parker’s, and we only need another year or so before we get there. Fact of the matter is we create enough chances to get leads and equalizers but are so bad at defending that we can F**k it up quick, fast, and in a hurry. How long do we allow Klopp to keep playing the same dudes that screw up week end and week out before we demand more? Moreno is still our LB and Klopp has been here for 2 years. Lovern and Migs are still playing week in and week out. I mean WTF? And the craziest thing of all is that we are basically playing the exact same system that puts these guys on islands by themselves and ask them do the things they cannot do. I hope y’all are content with 4-8 year and year out and conceding unnecessary soft goals that strip points away from a few players who deserve to be on winning teams.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #14834: Nov 25, 2017 10:46:25 pm
      Since he's arrived he's shown us precious little to suggest that he's the manager we thought we were getting.  Awful substitutions, total lack of being able to improve the defence, never dropping poor players, zero tactical awareness to shut up shop when we are leading games, the list goes on.  If this were Rodgers people would be calling for the sack by now.

But he's got a great personality and always talks about how big the club is, so no one really cares about how mediocre we are on the pitch.

Quick Reply