Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528472 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14927: Nov 29, 2017 09:45:32 am
      The stats don't lie. Since he took over, our goal difference is just +3 and we've let in 30 goals in the last 20 minutes of games. Compare that with City who have +34 with only 16 in the last 20, Arsenal with +30, Spurs with +21 and United with +17. In total, since he took over, we've conceded 100 goals, more than any other club.

Did Klopp ever reply to this argument? I wonder what Klopp's honest answer would be.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #14928: Nov 29, 2017 10:26:10 am
      I have to admit, the man is totally getting on my tits now. Here's the latest round of bullshit to pour from his mouth:

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says it was 'not possible' for players to do better against Chelsea[/news
      The Liverpool manager believes concerns about his side's game management are overblown

Jürgen Klopp denied that Liverpool have a problem with game management on Tuesday, claiming he cannot fault his players despite conceding a late goal to draw 1-1 with Chelsea last weekend.

Klopp’s side were pegged back by Willian at Anfield on Saturday after the Brazilian’s 85th-minute cross-cum-shot deceived goalkeeper Simon Mignolet and drifted in at the far post.

The draw with Chelsea came in the same week as the surrender of a three-goal advantage in a Champions League clash with Sevilla, leaving Klopp to ponder how his players dropped four points in the space of four days.

Full article here: https://ind.pn/2zx9oBH

I'll probably get flack from this from his cult of mindless woshipers but quite honestly if Brendan Rodgers came out with this rubbish the board would be full of outrage and people calling for his head. That doesn't mean I want Klopp fired, but it does mean I want an end to the constant stream of bullshit excuses that he comes out with, I want him to stop taking me for an idiot and I want him to recognise that A) there is a deep, structural problem with a team that cannot hold a lead, and B) that problem exists because too few of our players are good enough.

The stats don't lie. Since he took over, our goal difference is just +3 and we've let in 30 goals in the last 20 minutes of games. Compare that with City who have +34 with only 16 in the last 20, Arsenal with +30, Spurs with +21 and United with +17. In total, since he took over, we've conceded 100 goals, more than any other club. Like any other problem, you have to acknowledge its existence before you can deal with it. He needs to stop making excuses, acknowledge that we have a problem and take appropriate steps to deal with it.

I love him and would never want to change him. However he just needs to stop being the nice guy and do a Sakho on the weakest links in our team:

Mignolet
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Henderson

These four just need to be moved on and upgraded significantly.

Problem solved.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14929: Nov 29, 2017 04:31:39 pm
      I love him and would never want to change him. However he just needs to stop being the nice guy and do a Sakho on the weakest links in our team:

Mignolet
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Henderson

Problem solved.

He loves the 3 out of 4 and 4th is not too far behind in lurve. I wish he would push some of these out of LFC.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #14930: Nov 29, 2017 05:57:49 pm
      Mignolet
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Henderson

Problem solved.

There are no upgrades for these in our current team. And it's difficult to sign better players except if you open the checkbook like ManC and ManU.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14931: Nov 29, 2017 10:10:08 pm
      So Klopp and his substitutions?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #14932: Nov 29, 2017 10:11:05 pm
      Well done gaffa, made the substitutions at the perfect time and brought on the perfect man to kill of the game.

Please do this more :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #14933: Nov 29, 2017 10:17:05 pm
      Crisis? What F***ing crisis..

Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #14934: Nov 29, 2017 10:19:34 pm

13 out of 15 points since the Spurs loss. People getting their knickers in a twist because of a fluke goal and draw against the reigning champions was ridiculous.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #14935: Nov 29, 2017 10:24:04 pm
      Salary Cap plain and simple....it will never happen of course because of all the money/agents/work around's but if one wanted to create parity then that is where it could be done...

City's annual salaries are £225 million/year where Bournemouth's is £34 million/year bring that down to say £75 - £100 million and you have parity and I don't this any of the starting XI within any squad are living in the poorhouse.

Use that savings to lower ticket prices and then the league is fun again.

Never going to happen, not in a million years but a salary cap would bring the league more in to parity then some kind of playoff system.

😂😂😂
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #14936: Nov 29, 2017 10:24:10 pm

Dead man walking......

:f_tongueincheek:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #14937: Nov 29, 2017 11:08:28 pm
      Knocked him a lot for his subs recently but fair play tonight, they were perfectly timed and the decision to rest Salah has paid off handsomely.

Well in Jürgen.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #14938: Nov 29, 2017 11:37:36 pm
      On a nice little run in the League right now.

The hysteria in this thread after the Chelsea game from a good few was well O.T.T
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14939: Nov 30, 2017 12:07:51 am
      On a nice little run in the League right now.

The hysteria in this thread after the Chelsea game from a good few was well O.T.T

Not 'arf.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14940: Nov 30, 2017 01:55:55 am
      13 out of 15 points since the Spurs loss. People getting their knickers in a twist because of a fluke goal and draw against the reigning champions was ridiculous.

Yup. Starting to see other teams dropping points as well. Hopefully the rotation helps us continue on a very good run through this busy season and gain some ground in the table. Sometimes I feel like the only thing that can stop the long-term plan from succeeding is just the hysterical response that comes from any setback. Counting on Klopp to show strength of character/conviction and stay the course.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14941: Nov 30, 2017 05:27:01 am

This all day.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #14942: Nov 30, 2017 07:39:33 am
      There’s been a lot of “Chicken Little” stuff from a few recurring faces.......

Win the next 2 and that’s a tidy enough first 1/3 of the season ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14943: Nov 30, 2017 08:37:47 am
      As delighted as I am with the win the same criticism still stands against Klopp, ie he still needs to sort out the Goalkeeper situation AND defence. I have never had any complaints about the side in an attacking sense, certainly not this season.
      Anyway we are playing pretty good at the moment, the defence is just about keeping their sh*t together and hopefully in January we can strengthen it with VVD or someone else.
      I'd still like to see Klopp learn how to close games out though
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14944: Nov 30, 2017 11:08:13 am
      There’s been a lot of “Chicken Little” stuff from a few recurring faces.......

Win the next 2 and that’s a tidy enough first 1/3 of the season ;)

So you're saying 5th, and out of the title race by November is tidy enough for the first 1/3 of a season? This above any other demonstrates how far our expectations as a club have fallen. No lad, win the next two is irrevent because it remains not good enough for the first 1/3 of the season for this club. With 1/3 of the season gone we should still be in the title race, not fourteen points off it, having conceeded half as many goals as we did in the entire of last season's campaign, and I maintain that if this was any one of our previous managers in their third season at the club, fans would be a lot less tollerent of our under performance.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14945: Nov 30, 2017 11:14:58 am
      Although I believe Klopp is doing a fine enough job (some criticism notwithstanding, such as the goalkeeper situation and defence), I am really failing to get excited with this season.

This is not Klopp's fault - given what he has to work with, if he takes us to the UCL again in such a competitive scenario I think he'll have done very well.

It's just me, really, tired of having a 3rd position as likely the ceiling of our ambitions. I don't really see us getting close to Man City. This frustration adds up to years of relatively uneventful seasons and although I don't blame Klopp for them, I am not exactly very enthusiastic nowadays.

And despite someone saying that other clubs have been dropping points, that's not exactly true - the top 5 have only dropped points recently when playing against each other. The one exception is Tottenham, who've gone on a difficult run since spanking us. There's a reason why, despite a good run of results in the past 5 matches, we're still only one point above Burnley. Yay - apologies for my pessimism.

I'd love us to somehow compensate for that in Europe, but even then, in arguably the easiest group of all, we've made things much harder for us than they should have been. And given the lack of character and leadership, the inability to defend a lead under pressure, the recent failures in big games - I'd honestly be shocked if we went very far.

But then again, the knockout rounds are only in February and much can change until then. I do hope we have some fun in Europe to compensate for the boring life of a 3rd place hopeful.
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2017 11:19:31 am by Diego LFC »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #14946: Nov 30, 2017 11:23:00 am
      So you're saying 5th, and out of the title race by November is tidy enough for the first 1/3 of a season? This above any other demonstrates how far our expectations as a club have fallen. No lad, win the next two is irrevent because it remains not good enough for the first 1/3 of the season for this club. With 1/3 of the season gone we should still be in the title race, not fourteen points off it, having conceeded half as many goals as we did in the entire of last season's campaign, and I maintain that if this was any one of our previous managers in their third season at the club, fans would be a lot less tollerent of our under performance.

Broken record you.

No I believe it’s been a tidy start and I’m also comfortable with the progress we’re making under Klopp - you aren’t.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think there are things that need to improve - there are, clearly. It means exactly what I say.

City aside we’re in the mix and - with our squad - that’s reasonable.

Watch out for the sky falling lad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14947: Nov 30, 2017 11:40:35 am

Are you the reincarnation of BeerBelly.

Nothing positive to ever post even after a win, what sort of way is that to live!

Don't tar all fans with the same brush, some can see the progress we are making under Klopp. The trajectory is in the right direction, it might be a bit slower than we all like but the direction is clear.
      The previous manager well all fans with half a brain could see which way that was heading.

Edit : We are 3pts up from last season having played the same opposition.

Kopite78
      Reply #14948: Nov 30, 2017 12:58:56 pm
      Are you the reincarnation of BeerBelly.

Nah don't say that to him... He's a bit underwhelmed and negative but he's not a knuckle dragging moronic little Englander
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14949: Nov 30, 2017 05:11:50 pm
      All this talk of progress being made and I'm sitting here wondering where is this progress that everyone is talking about ???

Not having a go at anyone but if you could point it out to me I'd be really grateful but don't give me that ' we're on the right road' or 'when that player comes in' argument because the table doesn't deal in if's and but's and the reality is that we're 5th with the same leaky defence, in the same perennial battle for 4th and one of our best players being picked up by Barca.

Real progress would've been being out there battling it out with City for the title and I know this comes after a victory but I'm genuinely curious for other points of view.

Quick Reply