Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528359 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15249: Dec 23, 2017 02:49:56 pm
      Maybe, like with Moreno, he thinks he can turn him around. It's a mystery. His mistakes are so blatant, can't not see them.
      Says a lot about Karius, that Jürgen still doesn't give him a run.  Ward too.
      Can't see us going for a keeper in January, though you never know. And who would buy Simon anyway?!

No it doesn't 'says a lot about Karius and Ward'. It says a lot about Klopp's judgement.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15250: Dec 23, 2017 03:00:17 pm
      No it doesn't 'says a lot about Karius and Ward'. It says a lot about Klopp's judgement.

He doesn't seem terribly fussed about defence in general, which is strange given that he's an ex-defender, because it's not just the goal keeper, but so far he's only bought cheap options for defence - Matip and Klavan - and refused any alternative to Van Dyke, whom I'm not convinced is the answer and will turn out to be another Lovren. For the most part it's attacking midfielders, the one area of our squad you can unequivocally say we're overstocked in. But how galling must it be for Klavan and Lovren in particular, who put in a fantastic defensive performance, only to see it undermined by that idiot behind them?
      siar
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #15251: Dec 23, 2017 03:23:38 pm
      He doesn't seem terribly fussed about defence in general, which is strange given that he's an ex-defender, because it's not just the goal keeper, but so far he's only bought cheap options for defence - Matip and Klavan - and refused any alternative to Van Dyke, whom I'm not convinced is the answer and will turn out to be another Lovren. For the most part it's attacking midfielders, the one area of our squad you can unequivocally say we're overstocked in. But how galling must it be for Klavan and Lovren in particular, who put in a fantastic defensive performance, only to see it undermined by that idiot behind them?

First of all. Sorry für my bad english.

The defence ist not so bad, its all Migs. If you want to see a bad defence look at ManU.

ManU = 81
      Arsenal = 68
      Spurs = 55
      Chelsea = 52
      Liverpool = 52
      ManCity = 40

Ellowed shots on target. De Gea saved 69!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15252: Dec 23, 2017 03:59:07 pm

It's the same every time. Every time Mignolet fucks up it feels like a case of Klopp blaming the defence or midfield for allowing the opposition to have a shot on goal. It's as if he refuses to accept that shots will be fired upon our goal and that when they are it's not up to the goalkeeper to save them.

It's pathetic.

How can any self respecting manager look at a stat that shows Mignolet has let in as many goals as he has number of saves and continue to start him. It's a F***ing embarrassment and we're a laughing stock for it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15253: Dec 23, 2017 05:52:01 pm
      It's the same every time. Every time Mignolet fucks up it feels like a case of Klopp blaming the defence or midfield for allowing the opposition to have a shot on goal. It's as if he refuses to accept that shots will be fired upon our goal and that when they are it's not up to the goalkeeper to save them.

It's pathetic.

How can any self respecting manager look at a stat that shows Mignolet has let in as many goals as he has number of saves and continue to start him. It's a f**king embarrassment and we're a laughing stock for it.
      Klopp isn't as good as we thought he was. It's apparent with him picking Mignolet over and over and deflecting blame from him post match. Pep Guardiola went to City, one of his first things was to get rid of Joe Hart. Klopp comes here and hands Migs a 5 year contract and is too stubborn to admit he was wrong. Man City 20 points ahead now. I'd swap managers in a heart beat. I've had enough of Klopp and that's my attitude until he drops Mignolet for good.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15254: Dec 23, 2017 06:04:13 pm

It's pathetic.

How can any self respecting manager look at a stat that shows Mignolet has let in as many goals as he has number of saves and continue to start him. It's a f**king embarrassment and we're a laughing stock for it.

Agreed. Lovren and Klavan put in performances worthy of MOTM awards, Mignolet does his usual trick of having smoke for arms and as if that's not bad enough, your gaffer then comes out and throws you under a bus for a mistake not of your making. Has he been taking notes after watching How to make friends and alienate people? It's unacceptable.

City identified their problem areas in the Summer - Goalkeeping being one of them. They went out, did the business and are now running away with the league. Ederson this season hasn't just saved City points, he's earned them points with his distribution leading to more than one of their goals. Our Keeper not only defies the laws of averages by 100% of the time managing to kick the ball to the opposition, but costs us more points than he saves us. Enough is enough with Klopp, I don't care if you can't get your first choice target, there are players out there who would improve us regardless.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15255: Dec 23, 2017 06:37:15 pm
      Klopp humiliated and unsettled Mig by starting Karius in the CL. Now he gets what he deserves. No blame for Mig! To do that to a goalie is like if your babe is telling you that your predecessor did a better job in bed. Have fun coping with that. Some can, but many can't...and get more and more insecure. I wonder how Jürgen would feel if FSG would decide to split coaching between Stevie (CL) and Jürgen (PL).
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #15256: Dec 23, 2017 06:54:00 pm
      Keep Migs. Klopp can make him world class. Sell him for £130m to Barca next year! Same for Lovren. More than £250m in total. Keep playing them!!!

Sick and tired.
      Kopite78
      Reply #15257: Dec 23, 2017 06:54:47 pm
      Klopp isn't as good as we thought he was. It's apparent with him picking Mignolet over and over and deflecting blame from him post match. Pep Guardiola went to City, one of his first things was to get rid of Joe Hart. Klopp comes here and hands Migs a 5 year contract and is too stubborn to admit he was wrong. Man City 20 points ahead now. I'd swap managers in a heart beat. I've had enough of Klopp and that's my attitude until he drops Mignolet for good.

Klopp humiliated and unsettled Mig by starting Karius in the CL. Now he gets what he deserves. No blame for Mig! To do that to a goalie is like if your babe is telling you that your predecessor did a better job in bed. Have fun coping with that. Some can, but many can't...and get more and more insecure. I wonder how Jürgen would feel if FSG would decide to split coaching between Stevie (CL) and Jürgen (PL).

Two of the worst examples of fans I've ever seen

Most knowledgeable fans in the world they used to say.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #15258: Dec 23, 2017 07:01:53 pm

Spot on.

Some moronic sh#te spouted today after we disasterously outplayed one of our key rivals (at the minute) on their own patch and secured 4/6 points against them this season......

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15259: Dec 23, 2017 07:18:04 pm

I can't understand why he didn't ship Migs and Moreno out in the summer. Reckon a majority of fans expected he would. So Klopp has to take some responsibility for not replacing them, and the errors they will inevitably make.

Of the GKs we have right now - when Karius got a decent run last season, he made so many mistakes Jürgen had no choice but to bring Migs back. He was dire. It's not like we have a experienced solid PL performer ready to come in (though Ward has experience no?!). Didn't think Karius would be worse than Migs when he came in that time, but he was. Lot of time has passed, and he's looked decent in recent games - and I'd be willing to play him - but nobody can say for sure how well he'd do.
      Ward I know even less about formwise, has experience, but don't get to see him play.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15260: Dec 23, 2017 07:30:42 pm
      I can't understand why he didn't ship Migs and Moreno out in the summer. Reckon a majority of fans expected he would. So Klopp has to take some responsibility for not replacing them, and the errors they will inevitably make.

Of the GKs we have right now - when Karius got a decent run last season, he made so many mistakes Jürgen had no choice but to bring Migs back. He was dire. It's not like we have a experienced solid PL performer ready to come in (though Ward has experience no?!). Didn't think Karius would be worse than Migs when he came in that time, but he was. Lot of time has passed, and he's looked decent in recent games - and I'd be willing to play him - but nobody can say for sure how well he'd do.
      Ward I know even less about formwise, has experience, but don't get to see him play.

I could understand it, and to some degree, forgive it if we'd bought Van Dyke because you could say O.K. then, we spent a lot of money in the Summer, and we're not the richest team out there so he prioritised the most important areas, but he didn't, he obsessively refused any alternatives that were by all reports, quality alternatives to Van Dyke and didn't use the money to strengthen other areas such as you say, Goal Keeping and Left Back, or even Defensive Midfield. This is on him, and only him. The onus is now on him to finish us in the Top 4 again and rectify his mistakes across the next two windows.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15261: Dec 23, 2017 10:06:29 pm
      I could understand it, and to some degree, forgive it if we'd bought Van Dyke because you could say O.K. then, we spent a lot of money in the Summer, and we're not the richest team out there so he prioritised the most important areas, but he didn't, he obsessively refused any alternatives that were by all reports, quality alternatives to Van Dyke and didn't use the money to strengthen other areas such as you say, Goal Keeping and Left Back, or even Defensive Midfield. This is on him, and only him. The onus is now on him to finish us in the Top 4 again and rectify his mistakes across the next two windows.

Agree, particularly cause we were told that the summer gone would be the 'big one' transfer wise   (the lads we signed in fairness are doing well, but we didn't strengthen the areas we really needed to)

I'm a huge Coutinho fan. But if Barca are willing to spend 133million on him in January (not sure why, they're flying in La Liga), I'd go for a swap + cash deal for Rakitic and enough money to also get VVD (assuming City aren't now favorites to land him).  Like Rakitic, might give us more balance between attack/defense too. VVD hasn't been playing much, so it'd likely take time for him to settle, if so, so be it.

Don't see why this has to be pie in the sky. Christ almighty, the dogs in the street know where we are weak, if the money is available the sooner we start to strengthen the better, I'm done waiting for summers that come and go with jack happening.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15262: Dec 23, 2017 10:56:48 pm
      We all, well most of us anyways, IMHO, want this man to be the Man at our Club for years to come but he really needs to sort this sh*t out before it's too late and the fans turn on him. I hope it never happens but FFS Jürgen, sort the defence out as our Number 1 priority and please for the love of Robbie, get Migs and Lovren out of our Club in January.

If it's not one of them costing us by making individual mistakes, it's the other one. They are the two players constantly F***ing us over.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15263: Dec 24, 2017 12:01:44 am
      Spot on.

Some moronic sh#te spouted today after we disasterously outplayed one of our key rivals (at the minute) on their own patch and secured 4/6 points against them this season......

Aye  what happened to the most intelligent fans as kopite78 mentioned to some of the most moronic.
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #15264: Dec 24, 2017 12:23:05 am

Wouldn't swap Klopp for anyone. Love the fact that he's our manager.
      I think him sticking by and insisting on working with certain players was a sign of his belief in his own coaching skills.

However, I see a watershed moment with the recent comments after the Arsenal match that the problems were 'obvious'.
      He has the frontline purring. I think he has realised that he can't 'fix' the backline and has to bring in new blood.   
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15265: Dec 24, 2017 12:24:22 am

Everything about this post is just wrong. So many levels of filth. Even the casual use of 'your babe' is cringeworthy and bizarre. And then there's a joint managerial enterprise with Gerrard? And Mignolet the sensitive wallflower 'humiliated'?

I feel dirty having read this. So dirty. The levels of sheer fuckwittery is eye watering.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15266: Dec 24, 2017 12:32:18 am
      Everything about this post is just wrong. So many levels of filth. Even the casual use of 'your babe' is cringeworthy and bizarre. And then there's a joint managerial enterprise with Gerrard? And Mignolet the sensitive wallflower 'humiliated'?

I feel dirty having read this. So dirty. The levels of sheer fuckwittery is eye watering.

Makes you wish for a downvote function on the forum, doesn't it?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15267: Dec 24, 2017 03:05:13 am
      Merry Christmas Jürgen .

You have give this club some self respect back  after TPMs of Hodgson and Rodgers.

The world is talking about us again and as we come up to Christmas we are in the top four and last 16 of the Champions League.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15268: Dec 24, 2017 03:10:30 am

Read the above.
      We sort the obvious problems out and we will be flying.

I know its Christmas and all that but you don't half talk some sh*te ...with due respect .

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15269: Dec 24, 2017 03:56:13 am

I think your a bad example of a person. See what I did there? I returned the insult. You didn't debate my post, which agreed with many other opinions.. just thrown a random insult. Attack the content not the poster. Migs sucks and Klopp is being an idiot for picking  him. My opinion. If you cannot deal with it, tuff!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #15270: Dec 24, 2017 03:59:29 am
      I think your a bad example of a person. See what I did there? I returned the insult. You didn't debate my post, which agreed with many other opinions.. just thrown a random insult. Attack the content not the poster. Migs sucks and Klopp is being an idiot for picking  him. My opinion. If you cannot deal with it, tuff!!!

You’re
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15271: Dec 24, 2017 04:26:34 am
      I admittingly made a grammar error.

Quick Reply