Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1561277 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15525: Jan 06, 2018 07:31:22 pm
      Good statement from Jürgen there.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15526: Jan 06, 2018 07:47:42 pm
      Jürgen Klopp offered his reaction to the news Liverpool Football Club have today reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the La Liga side.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

“It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

“Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

“Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

“I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

“Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

“The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

“Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

“Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

“I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

“So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”

Spoken like a true leader. What a F***ing human being and manager we have.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15527: Jan 06, 2018 07:52:55 pm
      “Keep the faith” is singleton in disguise 🤣 f**k off lad you talk sh*te 💩

I can fully understand you being upset with the sale but don't tarnish my name with bulsh!t. The mods will know full well it isn't me.  >:(
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #15528: Jan 06, 2018 07:58:04 pm
      Great statement by Klopp. Needed to be said. No player is bigger than the club.
      Thank you for your service Philippe. Can't wait to see you cry when we bring home number six in May.
      Lets spend this money wisely - we need a left winger, a box to box midfielder, and defensive midfielder and a goalie.
      One in Jan will do, the remainder need to be prioritized for the summer.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 08:13:09 pm by Benito »
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #15529: Jan 06, 2018 08:00:48 pm
      I can fully understand you being upset with the sale but don't tarnish my name with bulsh!t. The mods will know full well it isn't me.  >:(
      Why? You come out with enough bullshit yourself!!!!
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #15530: Jan 06, 2018 08:01:36 pm

Speaks perfect English now to  :f_tongueincheek:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15531: Jan 06, 2018 08:03:23 pm

That's all coming from your mouth with the silly allegation.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15532: Jan 06, 2018 08:04:47 pm

“Keep the faith” is singleton in disguise 🤣 f**k off lad you talk sh*te 💩

I'd take Keith over some of the so called "supporters" that post on this board any day of the week.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15533: Jan 06, 2018 08:05:58 pm
      it's not him. Singleton is a united fan for starters. Singletons views are quite calm and not overly bias either, he's probably whipping out champaign and popcorn right now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #15534: Jan 06, 2018 08:07:11 pm

Call me cynical but that doesn’t sound like something Jürgen would say.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15535: Jan 06, 2018 08:08:17 pm
      Klop can't physically make him stay in the end he wants to go, and at least the will be money in the transfer budget
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15536: Jan 06, 2018 08:08:45 pm
      Call me cynical but that doesn’t sound like something Jürgen would say.

???

Read Honigstein's book on Klopp....it's exactly what I would expect the manager to say.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15537: Jan 06, 2018 08:14:27 pm
      it's not him. Singleton is a united fan for starters. Singletons views are quite calm and not overly bias either, he's probably whipping out champaign and popcorn right now.

Fully understand members bitter of the sale mate. Been there when we lost Ronaldo so know how it feels.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15538: Jan 06, 2018 08:15:10 pm
      Klop can't physically make him stay

C. had contract till 2022, so he could have forced him effectively.

Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #15539: Jan 06, 2018 08:24:44 pm
      People saying he had a contract so we could make him stay... how could we force him to play well for us.

He was on around £8m a year so £32m in wages plus missing out on £105m upfront and another potential £37m

That's a fair wedge just so we can keep a player to say we are not a selling club
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15540: Jan 06, 2018 10:08:47 pm
      Fully understand members bitter of the sale mate. Been there when we lost Ronaldo so know how it feels.

Here ya mate, you're still a c**t though.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #15541: Jan 06, 2018 10:15:34 pm
      Hope Klopp did write this part.....

You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #15542: Jan 06, 2018 10:37:23 pm
      Hope Klopp did write this part.....

You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

That does sound like the Boss, doesn't it? The first few bits are just standard in my opinion, but the further you get in the statement, the more it does sound like Klopp.

We shouldn't forget that he has been in this situation plenty times before (Götze and Lewandowski sales for example) with players he himself brought in, trained them, gave them time to develop and made them into what they are now. If he is backed by the owners again in the market, I'm sure he'll get it right and strenghten our team even more.

Coutinho made it clear he couldn't care less about the longterm project that Klopp is putting in place. Pretty sure that Klopp just had enough of all the bullshit and sanctioned the sale. He wasn't a player he brought in.

It sucks of course, but I don't think he cares nearly as much as he did with the likes of Gotze and Lewandowski for example or like he will with someone like Salah if he (ever) decides to leave. All our star players (bar Firmino) are players that he brought in, that he convinced to join us and be a part of his project, that's something different. Hopefully the players will keep that in mind when asking for a transfer in the future.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 10:44:51 pm by Danzel »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15543: Jan 06, 2018 11:55:03 pm
      He lied and that if a fact. You call a back cat a black cat

If you have your head too far up his arse then that is your problem.

We need a winner in charge, maybe not you but the club does

You can’t trust fsg or klopp, one of the same

Yep, never change your mind about anything, never let new information change things, stick to your guns no matter what 'cos that's the sane thing to do.

*warning, above post may contain sarcasm.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #15544: Jan 07, 2018 12:25:20 am
      Tbh it looked inevitable, after VVD arrived. We have to think about our FFP obligations, and the 160 million Euro we have got, should cover them. Though why Barcelona and other foreign clubs are allowed to bid for, and buy our players when they're not doing it to the rival clubs around us in the table to the same extent, is something that needs further scrutiny.

As it is, if players are prepared to trade big European nights here for big nights against the likes of Alaves and Leganes and Malaga, they should have a good word with themselves.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15545: Jan 07, 2018 01:09:42 am
      Tbh it looked inevitable, after VVD arrived. We have to think about our FFP obligations, and the 160 million Euro we have got, should cover them. Though why Barcelona and other foreign clubs are allowed to bid for, and buy our players when they're not doing it to the rival clubs around us in the table to the same extent, is something that needs further scrutiny.

As it is, if players are prepared to trade big European nights here for big nights against the likes of Alaves and Leganes and Malaga, they should have a good word with themselves.

Doubt we have any FFP issues whatsoever.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15546: Jan 07, 2018 02:06:16 am
      People saying he had a contract so we could make him stay... how could we force him to play well for us.

He was on around £8m a year so £32m in wages plus missing out on £105m upfront and another potential £37m

That's a fair wedge just so we can keep a player to say we are not a selling club

How does your employer force you to perform well for them?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15547: Jan 07, 2018 02:14:41 am
      He lied and that if a fact. You call a back cat a black cat

If you have your head too far up his arse then that is your problem.

We need a winner in charge, maybe not you but the club does

You can’t trust fsg or klopp, one of the same

Is your user name ironic or is it a tribute to bon jovi ?

Quick Reply