Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1530239 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15847: Jan 18, 2018 10:09:38 pm
      Couple of morons completely derailing and sabotaging this thread out of boredom or sheer stupidity.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15848: Jan 18, 2018 10:24:40 pm
      Don't know what some of you are on about but I F***ing love him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15849: Jan 18, 2018 11:06:06 pm
      Don't know what some of you are on about but I f**king love him.

Id like him more if he wasn't your manager  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #15850: Jan 19, 2018 12:07:06 am
      That's a fallacy. It's usually used by people who like to argue opinions, not facts.
      98% of the discussion on this is none factual, it is opinion based
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15851: Jan 19, 2018 02:09:35 am

U really are an idiot  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15852: Jan 19, 2018 02:18:27 am
      Honestly, the best thing for this place would be if people would use the ignore feature. If you don’t feed the trolls, they starve and die off ;D

yeah, a number of them I only see when someone else quotes them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15853: Jan 19, 2018 02:23:20 am
      Your opinions haven't been suppressed. You're not alone in wanting rid of Migs. Sadly you don't see the bigger picture, which is the last paragraph of my last post.

There were only 150 posts after the win at the weekend, the biggest win of the season so far. If that header went in in injury time, there would have been 150 posts per day, and you really would have had something to complain about, along with Pippen, Ireland, and the rest of them. Instead it didn't go in and they had to find something else to moan about.

Last season we finished 15 points (approx) behind the leaders and half that behind the runners up, today we're ahead of both of them with 15 games to go, even though they both have better goalkeepers. If you open your eyes, you can see the progress we're making. If you can't, you'll be left behind.

Your choice.

I get your point about positive volume vs. negative volume. Well said. But I'm wondering if I'm thinking of a different header. The one in injury time that had us worried - the player was ruled offside, wasn't he?
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #15854: Jan 19, 2018 02:49:07 am
      My first question to the manager in the interview would be, how would you handle the goalkeeping situation at Liverpool. What would your opinion be of Klopp if we went into another season without a new keeper? It's all hypothetical anyway, Klopp will probably get a new keeper in the summer, but if he doesn't how well is it going to go down with fans?

How will it go down with the fans?  Probably the dumbest thing any club can do is to base it’s decisions on the opinions of it’s fans.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #15855: Jan 19, 2018 04:25:49 am
      Shame on Klopp. He failed to persuade Buvač over Christmas into assisting him, whacking a sack over Oblak's head and dragging the hogtied unsuspecting victim into the boot of their VW Golf for a trip up the M6. Needs to go.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15856: Jan 19, 2018 09:03:56 am

Curiously I'm more than happy for your lot to have Maureen ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15857: Jan 19, 2018 10:47:41 am

It does help  :lmao:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15858: Jan 19, 2018 11:12:07 am

The ultimate compliment really - if he was shithouse you'd be begging for him to keep his job as we were with Moyes :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15859: Jan 19, 2018 01:05:50 pm
      The ultimate compliment really - if he was shithouse you'd be begging for him to keep his job as we were with Moyes :D

That's very true mate. I've always liked him anyway. Top top manager.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15860: Jan 19, 2018 01:33:07 pm
      98% of the discussion on this is none factual, it is opinion based

And it counts even more for opinion then, as not all opinion should carry the same weight.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15861: Jan 19, 2018 01:47:55 pm
      Ho ho ho, what is this?

If you don't love Klopp then f off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #15862: Jan 19, 2018 02:25:38 pm
      Ho ho ho, what is this?

If you don't love Klopp then f off.

Hey Santa...you don't have to love Klopp, people shouldn't be buying into the cult of personality....but to look at where we are and our progress, it's lunacy to think there's any danger of him losing his job. To even suggest so is a wind up. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15863: Jan 19, 2018 02:49:49 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #15864: Jan 19, 2018 03:54:45 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #15865: Jan 19, 2018 04:38:45 pm
      How will it go down with the fans?  Probably the dumbest thing any club can do is to base it’s decisions on the opinions of it’s fans.

Or one supposed fan.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15866: Jan 19, 2018 04:44:09 pm
      I had to check out the actual meaning of troll, after seeing cave dweller,  i saw it means a person who deliberately makes offensive remarks in the attempt to upset. How is my opinion that Klopp should not start next season without a new goalkeeper , or else we should get a new manager who will get a new keeper, that offensive to anybody? If my opinion is really that upsetting people need to man the **** up. Seriously! It's borderline pethetic. I'm fedup of Mignolet and reached end of tether about this along time ago, then seeing Karius do no better, then reading we have no plans to get a new keeper this window has angered me to the point in saying that there needs to be a limit on how long we will put up with it. You guys might be happy finishing 4th and getting to semi finals, but I want Liverpool to win silverware and I'm not 100% confident Klopp realizes how important this is. You guys might want to brush it under the carpet because he's better than Hodgeson and Rodgers and signed some great players, but signing a new keeper this window could have made the difference to even winning the champions league, yet we are denied a chance because Klopp doesn't think signing a new keeper is a priority yet.

If people can't hack an opinion, write your own thoughts in a journal and read it back to yourself, little risk of disagreement, football forums should allow all different kind of opinions not just hail klopp, i agree, the best, wohooo.... whilst ignoring blatant problems that plagued us for years.

It's suppression of such opinions that's responsible for silent minority because they're in fear of backlash.

No offence Rib but I wouldn't be taking your lectures on who should and shouldn't be our manager when you were willingly cheering on (and excusing) Roy Hodgson's England more so when it was after he fu**ed us over with his stupidity.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #15867: Jan 19, 2018 05:29:59 pm
      Trusting average players in a 4-3-3 system is a big risk as there is little chance to make up for a mistake. The gradual approach of phasing them out could have been done faster.

It'll be great to watch us leading with a 2-0 scoreline at 67mins and be confident that 3 points are already in the bag.

By the way, it's good Karius is now the no. 1 and should be given a decent run of games too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15868: Jan 19, 2018 06:03:17 pm
      when you were willingly cheering on (and excusing) Roy Hodgson's England more so when it was after he fu**ed us over with his stupidity.
      first of all, I've never been a fan of Hodgson, second.. he's not the worst manager, he was a bad fit for Liverpool. He does better at keeping lesser clubs organised, he's doing well at palace now. I didn't want him as England manager but I am still allowed to show interest in the national team without punks like you trying to use that against me. The stupidity here is the guys who hired him.

Klopp is probably the best manager I've seen at Liverpool, but I have lost 100% patience with how the goalkeeping situation is being handled.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15869: Jan 19, 2018 06:21:14 pm
      Trusting average players in a 4-3-3 system is a big risk as there is little chance to make up for a mistake. The gradual approach of phasing them out could have been done faster.

It'll be great to watch us leading with a 2-0 scoreline at 67mins and be confident that 3 points are already in the bag.

By the way, it's good Karius is now the no. 1 and should be given a decent run of games too.
      We haven't done bad with 433 so far, shots conceeded would show our defence is actually quite good. The real problem is too many shots turn to goals. Klopps very good at signing the right players usually, but it's nothing short of baffling why he handed an underperforming goalkeeper a 5 year contract, tried to deflect blame off Mignolet numerous times and rotated him with somebody who's not impressive. Karius was a big gamble because he's not established. Ward is too good to be constantly doing nothing, but he's not good enough either. We've got 3 keepers that aren't good enough, Klopps gave contracts to two of those. We should have loaned out Ward and got a new keeper.

Quick Reply