Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1530244 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15893: Jan 23, 2018 10:52:26 am
      How many times have we said in games like this that he takes way too long to make substitutions.

Joe Gomez should have been whipped at half time for Trent who is way more effective in an attacking sense. He lasted the entire game and was absolutely sh*te! Get the finger out.

Either one of Can or Wijnaldum should also have been shown the showers at half time or at least a lot earlier in the second half. But he waits and he waits and he waits when its plain as day nothing is changing. Then the subs he does make don’t have long enough to get into it!

Is 25 minutes really not enough time fora sub to influence a game?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #15894: Jan 23, 2018 10:56:29 am
      Is 25 minutes really not enough time fora sub to influence a game?

It should have been 45 minutes thats my point!Lallana came on in the 68th minute and for an entire 23 minutes before that both Can and Wijnaldum were just as sh*te as they were in the first half.

What was he waiting for! Also when you are playing a team that defensive you need good attacking full backs. Gomez was having a mare and stayed on. Terrible!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15895: Jan 23, 2018 11:07:32 am
      It should have been 45 minutes thats my point!Lallana came on in the 68th minute and for an entire 23 minutes before that both Can and Wijnaldum were just as sh*te as they were in the first half.

What was he waiting for! Also when you are playing a team that defensive you need good attacking full backs. Gomez was having a mare and stayed on. Terrible!

Spot F***ing on!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #15896: Jan 23, 2018 11:33:16 am
      I don't think the 4-3-3 works in a game like Swansea.
      In the 4-3-3 the outside forwards are too narrow and that played into Swansea's hands.

I think Klopp should have played a 4-2-3-1 and got Mane and Salah/Ox wide.

Problem there is Sturridge would probably be ideal for in the centre and only Solanke is available.
      Klopp needs to address that.

What irritated me the most last night was how we continued to go through the middle, every time we did there was road block ahead, agree with you with the system deployed should have been 4-2-3-1 & have our usual suspects out wide which would create space in the middle by stretching defenders...

I loved how Matip got himself so far up the pitch, when was the last time we saw that from a CB?.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #15897: Jan 23, 2018 05:41:53 pm
      So people are still defending klopp for selling pip which had a massive impact to why we lost yesterday

Get ready folks, we will have a dire second half of the season, why? Simple teams only need to park the bus and we will struggle in most games

The loss yesterday was on klopp and his decision to let Barcelona bully us into selling a player who can open up parked busses

It’s unforgivable what klopp has done, bad as Rafa trying and failing to sell alonso

On this occasion klopp succeeded, I love the guy but he has shown he isn’t the man to stick up for Liverpool

We have lost top 4 because of the decision to sell pip

People will still deny it and defend the indefensible

Remember when Degea wanted to go, look at how they put their foot down

Then look at us

One was small minded and one wasn’t, I will let you all decide. Enjoy more draws for what’s to come folks unless we buy a couple of creative players

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #15898: Jan 23, 2018 05:46:48 pm
      So people are still defending klopp for selling pip which had a massive impact to why we lost yesterday

Get ready folks, we will have a dire second half of the season, why? Simple teams only need to park the bus and we will struggle in most games

The loss yesterday was on klopp and his decision to let Barcelona bully us into selling a player who can open up parked busses

It’s unforgivable what klopp has done, bad as Rafa trying and failing to sell alonso

On this occasion klopp succeeded, I love the guy but he has shown he isn’t the man to stick up for Liverpool

Then look at us

One was small minded and one wasn’t, I will let you all decide. Enjoy more draws for what’s to come folks unless we buy a couple of creative players

What the F**k is wrong with you?

“.....isn’t the man to stick up for Liverpool”

Even “Knock knock” gags think you’re a bad f***in joke.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #15899: Jan 23, 2018 06:17:03 pm

Then look at us

The optimistic reports about De Gea are mostly from manc sources, the noises and indications from RM are entirely different.
      If RM come calling your man there is gone.

Really think you should change your user-name.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018 06:22:55 pm by stuey »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #15900: Jan 23, 2018 06:17:40 pm

Then look at us

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,12947.msg2120255/topicseen.html#msg2120255

I think you meant to post in the knee jerk thread mate. There ya go.

Atleast I hope you did, otherwise you're a complete tw*t.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15901: Jan 23, 2018 06:26:45 pm
      https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,12947.msg2120255/topicseen.html#msg2120255

I think you meant to post in the knee jerk thread mate. There ya go.

Atleast I hope you did, otherwise you're a complete tw*t.

It's the latter.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #15902: Jan 23, 2018 06:48:55 pm

Then look at us

Are you for real or what. I've read some crap on here, but you are taking the piss.
      One bad result doesn't mean the sky is falling in FFS.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #15903: Jan 23, 2018 06:49:52 pm

Are you for real or what. I've read some crap on here, but you are taking the piss.

There's one or two on here I'm convinced just post stuff for effect and to get an argument going.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15904: Jan 23, 2018 06:56:05 pm
      On subs, think Jürgen could be less conservative in games like that, that is against the bus parkers.
      First off, we didn't even use all three subs last night - jus made the two in a game that needed shaking up.
      Lallana for AOC was kinda like-for-like.
      Thought Ings made a difference when he came on for Gini. Just having a traditional striker take up a traditional striker position helped. So often ball going into the box with no bodies in there.
      Think the other obvious change might have been TAA for Gomez, again in game like that were defense is not the priority - in that we need to go get a goal - should have best attacking options on. Maybe TAA is out of form though, who knows.

But in general, would be good to make changes early and be more adventurous and go for it when behind and not really looking like we're going to break the other lot down.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15905: Jan 23, 2018 06:56:59 pm

Then look at us

Complete bollox
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15906: Jan 23, 2018 07:05:25 pm

Every loss or draw feels like that for me :(
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15907: Jan 23, 2018 07:23:20 pm

I think the overall tone is but i do think we are going to struggle to break teams down again now with the loss of Coutinho.

You don't sell a player like Coutinho and get better so common sense alone dictates that goals could become harder to come by, especially when his place is filled with any of Ox, Can or Wijnaldum.

We might be more secure and better structured defensively but that wont amount for the 15 goals and assists that has now left the team.
      Kopite78
      Reply #15908: Jan 23, 2018 07:28:37 pm

So he didn't play against West Brom at Anfield?

F**k Coutinho
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #15909: Jan 23, 2018 07:41:36 pm
      Obviously no easy games in this league, no need to panic but we have to get back on track sharpish. Mourinho did a good bit of business signing Sanchez. So they will be stronger. Spurs will push hard.I would like Mahrez, relying on Salah could be a bit of a gambol.

High profile manager, always under the microscope here....the street is watching.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15910: Jan 23, 2018 07:55:14 pm
      High profile manager, always under the microscope here....the street is watching.
        Quote and Reply

Doubt Jürgen and the owners give a flying you know what who's watching.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15911: Jan 23, 2018 08:19:15 pm

Then look at us

Can you please change your handle, it's to much of an oxymoron for me to handle!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15912: Jan 23, 2018 08:22:12 pm
      I think the overall tone is but i do think we are going to struggle to break teams down again now with the loss of Coutinho.

You don't sell a player like Coutinho and get better so common sense alone dictates that goals could become harder to come by, especially when his place is filled with any of Ox, Can or Wijnaldum.

We might be more secure and better structured defensively but that wont amount for the 15 goals and assists that has now left the team.

Can't recall us having a problem breaking Citeh down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #15913: Jan 23, 2018 08:37:31 pm
      Can't recall us having a problem breaking Citeh down.

Can't recall Citeh parking the bus, an open game like that means we wouldn't have had a problem breaking down the defence or missing Coutinho!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15914: Jan 23, 2018 08:44:44 pm
      Can't recall Citeh parking the bus, an open game like that means we wouldn't have had a problem breaking down the defence or missing Coutinho!

Plenty of matches over the years where the bus was parked and Countinho had no change for the fare to open the door.

Great player...can't really replace the things he did but to say with him our problems at the bus depot were solved ignores the last 5 years of history where the same problem and results existed when he was playing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #15915: Jan 23, 2018 08:49:56 pm
      Plenty of matches over the years where the bus was parked and Countinho had no change for the fare to open the door.

Great player...can't really replace the things he did but to say with him our problems at the bus depot were solved ignores the last 5 years of history where the same problem and results existed when he was playing.

Exactly, our problems ain't down to one man etc.

It's more of a mindset problem.

Quick Reply