Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1531367 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16330: Feb 02, 2018 03:03:41 am
      Not much to worry there Rib given that there won't be much talent on show anyway.

Remember this year's World Cup is full to the brim with small, irrelevant, barely professional teams that are just in it for the 'taking part' - Panama, Iran, Peru, England...

Least intriguing World Cup in my lifetime, agreed. I'll probably watch some matches, especially those involving LFC players, but in the past I've gone pretty much wall to wall with it. Not this time.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16331: Feb 02, 2018 08:39:08 am
      Not much to worry there Rib given that there won't be much talent on show anyway.

Remember this year's World Cup is full to the brim with small, irrelevant, barely professional teams that are just in it for the 'taking part' - Panama, Iran, Peru, England...
      Are you from Scotland by any chance?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #16332: Feb 02, 2018 08:41:02 am
      I wouldn't doubt for one second we've progressed under klopp, I knew we would.
      I have to ask though if we had the money that City and Utd have, do you think Jürgen would've been fine with paying £90 million for Lamar and an extra £20? to bring Keita here in Jan? I think he's realised that the premier league is a very different animal to the Bundesliga, and he's going to have to be willing to sacrifice his morals a little to compete. I think the signing of VD has shown that he will.

I don’t think he would, as much as Pepe Guardiola refused to budge on paying Arsenal’s asking price for Alexis Sanchez and Sanchez was Pep’s first choice target and had all the money in the world. In the end the manager and his recruitment team value players. Klopp and Edwards thought that VVD is worth 75m so they got him at the asking price set by Southampton. IMO he will buy a GK he wants in the summer and probably an Emre Can replacement with Coutinho’s money. I hope he goes for another forward too.

Kopite78
      Reply #16333: Feb 02, 2018 08:50:45 am
      Are you from Scotland by any chance?

Loads of reds from England don't follow the national team either
      Red fox
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #16334: Feb 02, 2018 09:37:37 am
      ...and why  dont English lads support the national team.  England must be the least patriotic country  in Europe  i guess...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #16335: Feb 02, 2018 10:17:29 am
      ...and why  dont English lads support the national team.  England must be the least patriotic country  in Europe  i guess...

It's in the blood, Liverpool has always been anti-establishment, suppose it's something to do with it beìng a port with loads of Rep.of Ireland, Scottish and Welsh people coming to the city over the centuries.
      The more right wing and authoritarian the government, like the arseholes in power now, the more exaggerated the anti-nationalist  reaction from the people of Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2018 01:44:25 pm by stuey »
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16336: Feb 02, 2018 11:18:39 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Classic
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16337: Feb 02, 2018 11:20:48 am
      Very true
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16338: Feb 02, 2018 11:26:21 am
      Stuey has this one about right... Like to add though I personally am stick of hearing what we did last century; winning the World Cup... They are still talk about it, and I imagine will continue to do so in to the next Century
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #16339: Feb 02, 2018 07:03:29 pm

We remember how many injuries our players have had playing for England. It's Liverpool first second and third for me every time.
      England can go and take a run.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,174 posts | 524 
      Reply #16340: Feb 02, 2018 07:17:07 pm
      It's in the blood, Liverpool has always been anti-establishment, suppose it's something to do with it beìng a port with loads of Rep.of Ireland, Scottish and Welsh people coming to the city over the centuries.
      The more right wing and authoritarian the government, like the arseholes in power now, the more exaggerated the anti-nationalist  reaction from the people of Liverpool.

That is one theory Stuey and a logical one, for me it's simply we flatter to deceive every tournament, also I hate that we have to cancel Prem matches when England are playing, wasn't the no Prem matches supposed to make England better well that really worked didn't it.  :lmao:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #16341: Feb 02, 2018 07:21:47 pm
      Another thread for ingerland worlds cup nonsense,no?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16342: Feb 02, 2018 07:51:45 pm
      Yeah I understand that, I am probably a minority that say I do support the national team, however it's not that important to me as much as club football. The National team should be thought of representing the people of the country, not the government of it. People moan about this country, but it's not the worst country to live in when you compare it to some countries who make their house with mud and walk miles every morning to get water, in UK we just walk to the kitchen. People in this country battled against dictatorships in world wars, protested against austerity.. in some countries protesting just leads to being executed. So whilst people want to bash our national team out of bitterness because their TV is not is big as their neighbours etc.... it should be put into perspective. When you consider the rich poor divide, it is a global problem not a national problem and in UK at least there is a minimum wage, a minimum wage that even seem lucrative enough to have an influx of European nationals as soon as our boarders were opened. How many British went to work for a minimum wage in another country? Additionally, Scottish, Welsh and Irish support their teams and lets be honest here... they are nowhere near as good as England football wise... yet government wise they are probably worse than what is in Westminster. Don't get me started on SNP and DUP. I am sure nobody in Scotland says, I won't cheer for Scotland because of Nicola Turdgeon.

As far as I am concerned International Football is annoying because of injuries in the season, but in the summer I'd rather England do as well as they can. I am just happy when England can get out the group, even if it means being eliminated by Iceland. Last 16 is good enough when you consider there are hundreds of countries in the world.

Jürgen Klopp thread here though, lets talk about Jürgen Klopp.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2018 07:58:01 pm by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #16343: Feb 02, 2018 09:28:18 pm
      Yeah I understand that, I am probably a minority that say I do support the national team, however it's not that important to me as much as club football. The National team should be thought of representing the people of the country, not the government of it. People moan about this country, but it's not the worst country to live in when you compare it to some countries who make their house with mud and walk miles every morning to get water, in UK we just walk to the kitchen. People in this country battled against dictatorships in world wars, protested against austerity.. in some countries protesting just leads to being executed. So whilst people want to bash our national team out of bitterness because their TV is not is big as their neighbours etc.... it should be put into perspective. When you consider the rich poor divide, it is a global problem not a national problem and in UK at least there is a minimum wage, a minimum wage that even seem lucrative enough to have an influx of European nationals as soon as our boarders were opened. How many British went to work for a minimum wage in another country? Additionally, Scottish, Welsh and Irish support their teams and lets be honest here... they are nowhere near as good as England football wise... yet government wise they are probably worse than what is in Westminster. Don't get me started on SNP and DUP. I am sure nobody in Scotland says, I won't cheer for Scotland because of Nicola Turdgeon.

As far as I am concerned International Football is annoying because of injuries in the season, but in the summer I'd rather England do as well as they can. I am just happy when England can get out the group, even if it means being eliminated by Iceland. Last 16 is good enough when you consider there are hundreds of countries in the world.

Jürgen Klopp thread here though, lets talk about Jürgen Klopp.

Nothing to do with my tv

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16344: Feb 02, 2018 09:37:46 pm

That is one theory Stuey and a logical one, for me it's simply we flatter to deceive every tournament, also I hate that we have to cancel Prem matches when England are playing, wasn't the no Prem matches supposed to make England better well that really worked didn't it.  :lmao:

And apparently a winter break will help england, really the weather is to blame for not having a top coach or goalkeeper
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16345: Feb 02, 2018 11:32:41 pm
      I definitely saw someone on a grassy knoll.

;D

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16346: Feb 02, 2018 11:37:09 pm

Us v The World.

With Brexit the World is returning after Maggie sucked the lifeblood out of Merseyside down to London and Felixstowe.
      Red fox
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #16347: Feb 03, 2018 05:34:06 am
      Was this the right answer???  JK could have been a bit more classy i guess :roll:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/679132/Jürgen-Klopp-Jamie-Carragher-Liverpool-Virgil-van-Dijk-Southampton-Tottenham-video
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16348: Feb 03, 2018 06:46:35 am
      Was this the right answer???  JK could have been a bit more classy i guess :roll:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/679132/Jürgen-Klopp-Jamie-Carragher-Liverpool-Virgil-van-Dijk-Southampton-Tottenham-video

Its bollocks, simple fact is Virgil isn't quite Klopp fit yet, he worked at a standard lower than that expected at Melwood,
      That f***in rag is just trying to stir sh*t up,
      I bet if Carra were to start training again he'd be told lose weight fat boy your not fit enough !

YNWA
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,174 posts | 524 
      Reply #16349: Feb 03, 2018 07:10:24 am
      And apparently a winter break will help england, really the weather is to blame for not having a top coach or goalkeeper

Agree, as for winter breaks, first thing most teams  do is go abroad and play matches which really makes sense I don't think.  :f_steam:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #16350: Feb 03, 2018 08:07:14 am
      Quote from Ribapuru
      I do support the national team, however it's not that important to me as much as club football. Additionally, Scottish, Welsh and Irish support their teams and lets be honest here... they are nowhere near as good as England football wise...

You're not been honest, sorry.

Wales got to the semis of the last tournament and are now top seeds for qualifying groups. England got as far as ROI and NI in the last tournament. Better players yes. Better results? No. Losing to Iceland was and should be, a total embarrassment and a resignation notice.

International football is very important. While England sail through qualifying groups, that's not the case for most. At this club and many others, there are players currently desperate for game time in order to get to the World Cup. Many will be devastated to miss out, and it will be no consolation to tell them "never mind mate, it's not that important". International football is the very top of the pyramid, the results a country gets affect more people, and players don't get paid 300k a game just to play it, or anything near it. They play it for pride and honour in their country, most of them say it's their greatest honour.

Foreigners run this club, the team is mostly foreigners, the coaches are foreign, most of the fan base is foreign. And most of them are equally proud to support both this club and their own country.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16351: Feb 03, 2018 12:06:01 pm
      You're not been honest, sorry.

Wales got to the semis of the last tournament and are now top seeds for qualifying groups. England got as far as ROI and NI in the last tournament. Better players yes. Better results? No. Losing to Iceland was and should be, a total embarrassment and a resignation notice.

International football is very important. While England sail through qualifying groups, that's not the case for most. At this club and many others, there are players currently desperate for game time in order to get to the World Cup. Many will be devastated to miss out, and it will be no consolation to tell them "never mind mate, it's not that important". International football is the very top of the pyramid, the results a country gets affect more people, and players don't get paid 300k a game just to play it, or anything near it. They play it for pride and honour in their country, most of them say it's their greatest honour.

Foreigners run this club, the team is mostly foreigners, the coaches are foreign, most of the fan base is foreign. And most of them are equally proud to support both this club and their own country.
      Wales over achieved and got to one semi final of a European championship. They've dropped down to 19th and when the world cups finished they'll be lucky if they're still in the top 30 since they didn't qualify. Ramsey and Bale will be 30 and 29 by the time the next European cup is around and they are average other than these two players. Woodburn won't be able to carry Wales, he'll have an international career like Ryan Giggs did. Wales aren't seeded anymore. They couldn't get results against republic of Ireland, who were demolished by Denmark. All we keep hearing about is Englands defeat to Iceland, who are far better than Wales, won there qualifying group that had Croatia in it.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2018 12:19:43 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16352: Feb 03, 2018 01:06:56 pm
      There’s a very interesting debate to be had about English patriotism.

I recommend giving “The Progressive Patriot” by Billy Bragg a read.

In Scottish terms I do think the upswing in interest in the national team in last 10 years - despite relatively poor results - has been an indirect consequence of devolution and the pro-independence movement.

An awakening of national consciousness is a really good thing - regardless of political leanings. It’s when a society becomes closeted and xenophobic that you need to be afraid.

I’ve always said I like to see Scotland win and it does entertain me to see England lose.....but if Liverpool play Scotland then I’m red all day long.

Anyways not really a debate for the Jürgen Klopp thread.....

Quick Reply