Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1527897 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16767: Mar 05, 2018 10:30:18 am
      Why is this even being discussed?

Rafa was a superb manager for us, a brilliant brilliant manager who was also a very good a generous man who 'got us.

Jürgen is doing a very good job so far, he is the first manager since Rafa that is starting to get us consistently back on track after a terrible decade truth be told. He is getting us into a position to win things again, getting a squad worthy of our name, in arguably a more competitive league now.

Both good men, both good manager's. Why use one to discredit the other?

You know what would be nice if we could appreciate our old successful manager's, hold them in the gratitude they deserve, thank them and to a degree worship their achievements. Period.. all of them.
      I loved Rafa, I loved Gerard, I loved Kenny.. they gave me some of my greatest days as a red..

Success has many fathers

Some of yous are weird.. it's like you getting a new girlfriend (a stretch I know but stay with me for the sake of the analagy).. but saying to her after you have had sex( again a stretch I know) Look you're alright at it.. but my girlfriend I had 3 ago she was better at it than you.

Rafa was boss

Jürgen is boss

If you want to slag a Liverpool manager off there's an owl looking c**t in South London prime for this sh*t

People look back with  rose sh*t colored glasses apparently! Sad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #16768: Mar 05, 2018 11:59:47 am

Was thinking the same.

Said it before. There are some weird folk on here.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #16769: Mar 05, 2018 12:26:55 pm
      Was thinking the same.

Yea puts you right off posting or even logging on sometimes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16770: Mar 05, 2018 01:37:48 pm
      Was thinking the same.

Not worth engaging. I can only think anyone who attempts to belittle Rafa's role in our CL victory also thinks Istanbul was 'just another night'.

Pig ignorance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #16771: Mar 05, 2018 01:52:00 pm

1) Some people want to seem edgy and this is the perfect way for them to gain the attention they crave.
      2) People responding to those tools only add fuel to their fire,
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1387 
      Reply #16772: Mar 05, 2018 01:53:06 pm
      I agree and I don't dislike Rafa and know he did okay here, I just think he's a bit outspoken and I don't agree with what he says at times. The Klopp comment was a bit cheeky really and I do think Rafa envies Klopp a bit.

Think Rafa is envious of the job not necessarily the manager. Nothing wrong in that. Every manager we've had in living memory leaves with a heavy heart and many would jump at the chance to come back. Rafa more than the others I would say.

It was fair comment for Rafa to say Klopp has to win trophies. He wasn't having a pop at Klopp. Obviously Klopp knows that but given many moan about FSG being fully committed to actually winning things, then I would've thought his comments are a timely reminder to the owners.

And I made this point in my post that started this line in this thread. Well said Rafa.
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1387 
      Reply #16773: Mar 05, 2018 02:00:54 pm
      1) Some people want to seem edgy and this is the perfect way for them to gain the attention they crave.
      2) People responding to those tools only add fuel to their fire,

The discord is because this line in the thread was opened up into a Rafa V Klopp squabble. The real issue Rafa raised was that Liverpool FC are and always should be a trophy winning club. Suppose it was inevitable that plenty would turn on Rafa and have a pop at him. And plenty coming to defend his record here.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #16774: Mar 05, 2018 02:40:07 pm
      One trophy in just over a decade isn't good enough for this club. But football has changed over the past decade and the mentality of most football clubs, managers, owners, players and fans has changed with it. Trophies are not as important as they once were in the eyes of some. People scoff at the domestic cups and would rather brag about coming fourth.

Of course when Klopp delivers us League Titles, European trophies and domestic cups then nobody will give a F**k because we'll all be too busy celebrating.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,930 posts | 4991 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16775: Mar 05, 2018 05:54:18 pm
      Yes he has to win trophies, no one can dispute that, But why as a former manager of Liverpool, managing a team you could not stop being relegated two seasons ago, and are once again in a relegation dog fight would you (Rafa) bring up the fact that Klopp as not won a trophy unless you are...

(a) Jealous that he is at a club were you had some fleeting success

(b) done it on less money than you had to spend

(c) Believes that he hold the affectation of the Fans that once you, yourself held

(d) are deluded enough to believe that the majority of fans would have you back in a heart beat (He may have a point on that one)

(e) you are trying to signal to FSG that you are willing to come back to the club should Klopp fail to win trophies

Klopp will win Trophies because he is not afraid to set his teams up to go for it unlike Rafa...

Looked at the way he set up Newcastle. 4-4 1-1...4-5-1, hoping to hang in there and frustrate and maybe nick one at the end. While teams like Huddersfield,Brighton, even Bournemouth will go for the win...

When Newcastle go do the only people I will feel for is the Fans.
      They deserve a better manager than Rafa

"EDIT" When Newcastle go down the only people I will feel for is the Fans.

F**k me !! I've seen some total sh*te written on these boards and this right up there in the CL spots,

A Total disrespect to some of our most successful former managers...

....f***in Disgraceful for a LFC fan if I'm honest  !!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16776: Mar 05, 2018 06:07:57 pm
      Quote from firminofanboy1
      Benitez > Klopp

Without a doubt. One wins things, the other plays attractive and sexy football. Rafa took us to 2 UCL finals. He's one of the best managers in Liverpool history.

Some would go for the latter I guess  (ones that go to the matches ?) but trophies and winning beats entertainment so yeah peak Rafa over peak Klopp anyway.

Klopp has come out and said we are playing a full team v Porto. This is why I sometimes against him. He has no common sense. It is his downfall as a coach. We should be resting players for those Manc bas**rds on Saturday.

If he had no common sense, we would not be this far in the competition. We have never had this level of advantage at this point before, and nothing at all like it since FC Haka in the qualifiers in 2001.

We have a job to do tomorrow. It makes sense to do it in a responsible way, so we can actually do things the easy way for a change.

Quote from lfc across the water
      as Jürgen said about someone else battling the drop 2 years ago, I'm happy he has enough time on his hands to worry about Liverpool's problems. 

remember, next week we'll be one of the best 8 in Europe, and he'll be wondering how the hell will he beat the drop.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16777: Mar 05, 2018 06:26:25 pm
      Thanks Klopp for making our team enjoyable to watch and looking forward from a match to match.

Keep on improving the team Jürgen.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16778: Mar 05, 2018 06:57:02 pm
      It is sh*te. Houllier got nowhere near winning the Champions League. That’s a fact. Without Rafa that wouldn’t have happened.
      We (LFC) won thee CL final not because of Rafa, but in spite of Rafa,,, His ultra defensive brand of football was the cause of us going three il down in the first place, and at 3-3 when AC were on the ropes reeling and everyone on their team looked crest fallen and ready for the taking, what did the "Great Tactician" do...?? when defensive once again and let AC's confidence build and put us under sustained pressure for the rest of the last 45 mins plus extra time... Had it not been for Carragher putting his body on the line and along with some great goal keeping by Dudek

But it’s no surprise to see two of the biggest clowns on the forum dripping on about absolute rubbish. I honestly think you’ve got two mjat have a combined age of about 17, because no adult could be so simplistic in their thinking.

If you want to call me a clown for speaking the truth, Then I am proud for you to call me one  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16779: Mar 05, 2018 07:04:20 pm
      We (LFC) won thee CL final not because of Rafa, but in spite of Rafa,,, His ultra defensive brand of football was the cause of us going three il down in the first place, and at 3-3 when AC were on the ropes reeling and everyone on their team looked crest fallen and ready for the taking, what did the "Great Tactician" do...?? when defensive once again and let AC's confidence build and put us under sustained pressure for the rest of the last 45 mins plus extra time... Had it not been for Carragher putting his body on the line and along with some great goal keeping by Dudek

Seriously? We have not been the same team since Rafa left, we regressed & thankfully Klopp has stopped the slide into mediocracy ....

I'm under no doubt had Rafa not been sacked & backed the way FSG have Klopp we would have added more silverware ...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16780: Mar 05, 2018 07:12:47 pm
      Haha the whole "he won the Champions League with Houllier's squad" is the greatest bullshit ever.

GK   1   Poland Jerzy Dudek
      RB   3   Republic of Ireland Steve Finnan      Substituted off 46'
      CB   23   England Jamie Carragher   YC 75'
      CB   4   Finland Sami Hyypiä
      LB   21   Mali Djimi Traoré
      DM   14   Spain Xabi Alonso
      RM   10   Spain Luis García
      CM   8   England Steven Gerrard (c)
      LM   6   Norway John Arne Riise
      SS   7   Australia Harry Kewell      Substituted off 23'
      CF   5   Czech Republic Milan Baroš   YC 81'   Substituted off 85'
      Substitutes:
      GK   20   England Scott Carson
      DF   17   Spain Josemi
      MF   16   Germany Dietmar Hamann      Substituted in 46'
      MF   18   Spain Antonio Núñez
      MF   25   Croatia Igor Bišćan
      FW   9   France Djibril Cissé      Substituted in 85'
      FW   11   Czech Republic Vladimír Šmicer      Substituted in 23'

I have made it easy for you by Highlighting Rafa's signing for the CL 2005
      Lets see; three of which never made it off the bench.... Two players which were signed by Rafa and the rest were Houllier's team...

Here is another thing... The more the team became Rafa's (His signings) the further we won less and nothing else after the FA Cup

"EDIT" Anyway enough about Rafa, this is a Klopp forum and I said my piece
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16781: Mar 05, 2018 07:19:02 pm
      Benitez > Klopp

Without a doubt. One wins things, the other plays attractive and sexy football. Rafa took us to 2 UCL finals. He's one of the best managers in Liverpool history.

Some would go for the latter I guess  (ones that go to the matches ?) but trophies and winning beats entertainment so yeah peak Rafa over peak Klopp anyway.

I'm hoping Jürgen will win something next year with the players we are lining up but Pep at City is going to be tough to derail. They are quite a bit ahead of the rest of the Premier league sides (already 1.5 to win next seasons title, madness).

Klopp has come out and said we are playing a full team v Porto. This is why I sometimes against him. He has no common sense. It is his downfall as a coach. We should be resting players for those Manc Bas**rds on Saturday.

If Klopp had the Rafa teams we would have 6 little star above our crest and at least another title to our name
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2018 08:13:19 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16782: Mar 05, 2018 07:22:01 pm
      I wouldn't swap Jürgen for any other manager in the world right now. In not saying he's the best (he's right up there though), but he is the perfect fit for Liverpool.

We were never going to win the League with Houllier but he made us a force in Europe and put our name back on the European map again. Rafa was really starting to put something together before he was shafted by H&G. Rafa did have some good players in the team when he signed. Hyypia, Riise, Dudek, Finnan, and Hamman were all signed by Houllier and played a huge part in the CL win, so to say Rafa inherited a sh*t team is BS! Rafa took what he had and added the players that were needed  to win the CL.

Rafa is getting heat for the position Newcastle are in, I can tell you now Mourinho, Conte, Pep wouldn't even have took on that challenge, so fair play to Rafa for trying, but he's fighting a losing battle with Mike Ashley in charge.

Plenty I can say that Rafa did wrong, but I have always given him credit for know how to put a team together
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16783: Mar 05, 2018 07:31:12 pm
      F**k me !! I've seen some total sh*te written on these boards and this right up there in the CL spots,

A Total disrespect to some of our most successful former managers...

....F**kin Disgraceful for a LFC fan if I'm honest  !!

I only pointed out things about Rafa disrespected no one else, so i don't know were you got the "A Total disrespect to some of our most successful former managers..." from but hey, you seemed genuinely shock so i can for give that
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #16784: Mar 05, 2018 07:37:09 pm

If you want to call me a clown for speaking the truth, Then I am proud for you to call me one  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Believe me. You’re a clown and  know F**k all about football or Liverpool.

You need to give your head a wobble.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16785: Mar 05, 2018 08:27:57 pm
      Believe me. You’re a clown and  know f**k all about football or Liverpool.

You need to give your head a wobble.
      ;D The "Old" know f**k all about football or Liverpool, the last vestige of someone who knows that they have lost the argument

I see things with open eyes not Red Tinted ones...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,930 posts | 4991 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16786: Mar 05, 2018 08:33:47 pm
      I only pointed out things about Rafa disrespected no one else, so i don't know were you got the "A Total disrespect to some of our most successful former managers..." from but hey, you seemed genuinely shock so i can for give that

As has been pointed out, you are indeed a 'Clown' the very fact you cannot recognise what 99% of other posters are saying speaks volumes,
      Rafa was not being detrimental to Jürgen its not his style, and  why the F**k would be jealous ?
      In relative terms he's got the T shirt seen it all done it all , but your blind to all of this but still feel its ok to stick the knife in,
      Get a f***in grip ffs !!

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16787: Mar 05, 2018 08:57:36 pm
      ;D The "Old" know f**k all about football or Liverpool, the last vestige of someone who knows that they have lost the argument

I see things with open eyes not Red Tinted ones...

Seriously, nobody takes you seriously. You're a thick F**k who has took this forum up as a hobby. Somewhere that you thought you could blag that you had footballing nouse and intelligence.

Not happening, soz.

When I attempt to read your posts, at every other sentence, I just see words like BLURT, WEIRDO, HELMET, ODDBALL, n*b HEAD, flying out at me similar to the way POW and CRASH used to be used in those old Batman and Robin programmes donkeys of years ago.

You're embarrassing yourself. Blow the pubes off your IPad or whatever it is your using, put it in the drawer and have a spliff and a little think about things.

There are forums for people like you where you would fit in nice talking the nonsense that you do but I'm not sure you're young enough.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16788: Mar 05, 2018 08:57:52 pm
      As has been pointed out, you are indeed a 'Clown' the very fact you cannot recognise what 99% of other posters are saying speaks volumes,
      Rafa was not being detrimental to Jürgen its not his style, and  why the f**k would be jealous ?
      In relative terms he's got the T shirt seen it all done it all , but your blind to all of this but still feel its ok to stick the knife in,
      Get a f***in grip ffs !!

YNWA

Then I am a Clown.... I don't really care if you or the other 99% of poster can not see what i am am saying.... How many people thought that Christopher Columbus was wrong when he said that the world was round...? 99%..??

As for the jealousy part... I'll liken it to Rafa being dumped by and old Girlfriend (Liverpool), and for a while Rafa date a few super models (Real,Inter,and Chelsea), but i is now dawning on him the the one who loved him was the old girl friend (Liverpool) and he is not with and old shagged out Geordie tart, and that Girl friend he split with has a new man (Jürgen Klopp) and everytime he sees here she is looking better, and better on his arm.... So Jealous..? YES
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16789: Mar 05, 2018 08:59:33 pm
      Seriously, nobody takes you seriously. You're a thick f**k who has took this forum up as a hobby. Somewhere that you thought you could blag that you had footballing nouse and intelligence.

Not happening, soz.

When I attempt to read your posts, at every other sentence, I just see words like BLURT, WEIRDO, HELMET, ODDBALL, n*b HEAD, flying out at me similar to the way POW and CRASH used to be used in those old Batman and Robin programmes donkeys of years ago.

You're embarrassing yourself. Blow the pubes off your IPad or whatever it is your using, put it in the drawer and have a spliff and a little think about things.

There are forums for people like you where you would fit in nice talking the nonsense that you do but I'm not sure you're young enough.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Love all the insults... You really show what your all about...
      Do anyone here really believe that if you bully and insult me enough I will tow the line of hero worship on Rafa...? You must have me mistaken with someone who gives a F**k...

For some who put together great teams (And He Did) the more the seasons went on he was further and further away from winning a domestic cup or title, do you not see the irony of that...?

If it was not the teams then it had to be the tactics of the manager...
      Hodgson could have won things with those teams  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2018 09:14:05 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »

Quick Reply