Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1531647 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16790: Mar 05, 2018 09:19:53 pm
      Then I am a Clown.... I don't really care if you or the other 99% of poster can not see what i am am saying.... How many people thought that Christopher Columbus was wrong when he said that the world was round...? 99%..??

As for the jealousy part... I'll liken it to Rafa being dumped by and old Girlfriend (Liverpool), and for a while Rafa date a few super models (Real,Inter,and Chelsea), but i is now dawning on him the the one who loved him was the old girl friend (Liverpool) and he is not with and old shagged out Geordie tart, and that Girl friend he split with has a new man (Jürgen Klopp) and everytime he sees here she is looking better, and better on his arm.... So Jealous..? YES

Saying that we won the CL in spite of Rafa and then comparing yourself to Christopher Columbus? What on earth are you saying about yourself?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16791: Mar 05, 2018 09:26:08 pm
      xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Love all the insults... You really show what your all about...
      Do anyone here really believe that if you bully and insult me enough I will tow the line of hero worship on Rafa...? You must have me mistaken with someone who gives a f**k...

For some who put together great teams (And He Did) the more the seasons went on he was further and further away from winning a domestic cup or title, do you not see the irony of that...?

If it was not the teams then it had to be the tactics of the manager...
      Hodgson could have won things with those teams  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bullying? Na, just telling it like it is. Yiu talk sh*t and to be honest, I think it's deliberately. On a wind up.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16792: Mar 05, 2018 09:53:58 pm
      Then I am a Clown.... I don't really care if you or the other 99% of poster can not see what i am am saying.... How many people thought that Christopher Columbus was wrong when he said that the world was round...? 99%..??

As for the jealousy part... I'll liken it to Rafa being dumped by and old Girlfriend (Liverpool), and for a while Rafa date a few super models (Real,Inter,and Chelsea), but i is now dawning on him the the one who loved him was the old girl friend (Liverpool) and he is not with and old shagged out Geordie tart, and that Girl friend he split with has a new man (Jürgen Klopp) and everytime he sees here she is looking better, and better on his arm.... So Jealous..? YES

I'm sure i seen your name on the side of a loaf this morning...but whrn i looked again it said...THICK CU T !!

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16793: Mar 05, 2018 10:06:51 pm

I'm sure i seen your name on the side of a loaf this morning...but whrn i looked again it said...THICK CU T !!

YNWA
      That was so funny  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16794: Mar 05, 2018 10:08:38 pm
      Bullying? Na, just telling it like it is. Yiu talk sh*t and to be honest, I think it's deliberately. On a wind up.
      On wind up... Just do not like or rate Rafa, although I'll say it again He did know how to put a team together
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16795: Mar 05, 2018 10:10:21 pm
      Saying that we won the CL in spite of Rafa and then comparing yourself to Christopher Columbus? What on earth are you saying about yourself?
      Not about me, just saying because 99% think someone is wrong, it does not follow that they are
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16796: Mar 05, 2018 10:23:15 pm
      Anyway... Klopp tomorrow night....
      Still thing that he should have rested as many as he could. can't see Porto fielding nothing but fringe players for this one given the 5-0 deficit and there place in the league... Nine games to go and five points a head, and still have to face Benfica 12/04/18
      both with easiest matches title then so could still go ether way

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/portuguese-primeira-liga/table

Just hope we do not pick up an injury to one or more of the front three
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16797: Mar 05, 2018 10:29:48 pm
      Clearly Jürgen needs to win trophies.

Rafa was right.

Jürgen will win trophies. All good.

Starting to piss about with the merits of 2005 is 100% arsebiscuits and rather devalues any other opinions someone MIGHT proffer.

The constant total distortion of a debate via hyperbole or downright attention seeking is really wearing me down.

It is possible to champion one thing without needing to denigrate an alternative or in this case a predecessor / succesor.

That is IF your argument is based in fact and supported by sound opinion and NOT just wind and pish.......

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #16798: Mar 06, 2018 12:43:40 am
      I'm surprised at how many don't have total regard for Rafa. Some even not rating him. I think he was as decent a manager wed had for some years, and a step up on Gerrard Houlier, even though it was his team inherited that won No 5 in Istanbul. At 3 .0 down, bringing Didi on at half time, wasn't a so much a brilliant tactical move, more a case of damage limitation. To hold the fort so to speak. I think it was the players on the field started to believe once Stevies header went in, and together they turned it around. After our 3 rd, we were pretty much battered till the end, and stayed in the game with heroic performances by everyone, but mostly of a defensive nature. And of course Jersey Dudek.
      Thats not managerial brilliance, thats  players with balls of steel.
      Still rated Rafa later on, but can never understand why he wanted to sell Alsonso to Arsenal.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #16799: Mar 06, 2018 12:45:03 am
      I'm surprised at how many don't have total regard for Rafa. Some even not rating him. I think he was as decent a manager wed had for some years, and a step up on Gerrard Houlier, even though it was his team inherited that won No 5 in Istanbul. At 3 .0 down, bringing Didi on at half time, wasn't a so much a brilliant tactical move, more a case of damage limitation. To hold the fort so to speak. I think it was the players on the field started to believe once Stevies header went in, and together they turned it around. After our 3 rd, we were pretty much battered till the end, and stayed in the game with heroic performances by everyone, but mostly of a defensive nature. And of course Jersey Dudek.
      Thats not managerial brilliance, thats  players with balls of steel.
      Still rated Rafa later on, but can never understand why he wanted to sell Alsonso to Arsenal.

:f_doh:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,034 posts | 3352 
      Reply #16800: Mar 06, 2018 01:04:31 am
      I love Gerard Houllier, probably more than most do on here and I think it's a F***ing embarrassment the way some people talk about his time here. He built arguably the best squad we've had in the last 25 years. But it wasn't his squad that won the European Cup in 2005. Some may have been players he'd bought, some may have been players he'd brought through the ranks but it wasn't his squad. For starters, Houllier played Carra (a vital part to our success in Europe) as a full back while Benitez moved him into the heart of the defence. For a lot of Gerard's time here, he played Riise more as a left back whereas Rafa shifted him further upfield to the left side of midfield. He played Harry Kewell as an out and out winger, Rafa switched him to what you'd call now a "number 10". That's before we get to players like Garcia and Alonso who were massively important to our success - not only on the night but getting us there in the first place.

And people trying to discredit the European Cup success is a F***ing embarrassment. I mean, what the F**k is wrong with you? We won in spite of Rafa? We won because of the manager, because of the players and because of the fans. The holy F***ing trinity. As for damage limitations, I don't know too many managers who take a full back off for a midfielder when they're trying to shut up shop. Honestly, sort yourselves out. Think before you F***ing post.

Oh and whichever tit said Rafa got further away from winning anything the longer he was here. We went as close to winning the title as we had done since 1990 under Rafa in 2008/09. Just to add some fachts to that argument.

This isn't a post from somebody who thinks Rafa is infallible either because I've had my share of arguments over the holier than thou Rafa Benitez. But I won't sit back and let people talk absolute bollocks.
      +11
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16801: Mar 06, 2018 01:16:47 am
      Rafa was 8/10 for me.
      Not 10/10 because what he did to Alonso and didn't win league, too many draws.

8 is still a good score.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #16802: Mar 06, 2018 06:41:05 am
      If he had no common sense, we would not be this far in the competition. We have never had this level of advantage at this point before, and nothing at all like it since FC Haka in the qualifiers in 2001.

We have a job to do tomorrow. It makes sense to do it in a responsible way, so we can actually do things the easy way for a change.

Job to do tomorrow? We are 5-0 up. Me and you could play centre midfield tomorrow and we are still going through.

Our big guns shouldn't be playing tomorrow. Anyone who thinks they should is an absolute moron.

Say we play a Salah or Firmino tomorrow and they have a season ending injury. What was the point?

Tomorrow is basically a friendly, a chance for our lesser players to shine and to have a taste of Champions league football. We are already in the last 8. If we lose oh well, it's not going to be by 6.

By the way we have had an easy route to be fair. Spartak, Maribor, Sevilla and Porto are Europa League level sides. I am so fascinated to see how we get on against proper UCL opposition. Will our press work against a Bayern/Real/Barca..... going to be interesting.

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #16803: Mar 06, 2018 07:36:10 am
      Talk about a thread derail!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16804: Mar 06, 2018 08:07:16 am

Honest to F**k Scott - place is riven with agenda driven fucktards just now.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #16805: Mar 06, 2018 08:36:32 am
      Quote from firminofanboy1
      Job to do tomorrow? We are 5-0 up. Me and you could play centre midfield tomorrow and we are still going through.

Our big guns shouldn't be playing tomorrow.

Say we play a Salah or Firmino tomorrow and they have a season ending injury. What was the point?

Tomorrow is basically a friendly, a chance for our lesser players to shine and to have a taste of Champions league football. We are already in the last 8. If we lose oh well, it's not going to be by 6.

By the way we have had an easy route to be fair. Spartak, Maribor, Sevilla and Porto are Europa League level sides. I am so fascinated to see how we get on against proper UCL opposition.

It's not a friendly, so it's not the time to experiment. If players get injured, they get injured. Injuries are part and parcel of football, they can happen at any time.

It's a chance to keep our recent run going into the next game, and pick up more coefficient points to help boost our seeding next season. So we have a job to do, and I'm taking the game as seriously as if we were playing anyone else you mention. While the fans who attend it, are entitled to see the best available Liverpool side play on the day. It is a European Cup second round knockout tie. And we want to get through to the next round with the minimum of fuss.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #16806: Mar 06, 2018 09:14:45 am

Every time I've clicked to come in here over the last few days I've had to double check which thread I'm in as I haven't seen much about Jürgen Klopp.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #16807: Mar 06, 2018 09:17:05 am
      Klopp has us as favourites for number 6...

Any parallels between 78 & 18...?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16808: Mar 06, 2018 09:20:41 am
      Beating a Portuguese team Home and away en route.......?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #16809: Mar 06, 2018 09:26:09 am
      Beating a Portuguese team Home and away en route.......?

Got German opponents in the semi.. Can we meet Bayern next round?..
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #16810: Mar 06, 2018 09:33:00 am
      Resting players is one argument, but surely for the paying fan, that attends the game. Surely they would like to see a full strength side at the start. With one eye on the next game, substitutions can be made. Wonder if Mo Salah would appreciate, being rested tonight, the outstanding form he is constantly showing, game after game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16811: Mar 06, 2018 09:36:12 am
      Got German opponents in the semi.. Can we meet Bayern next round?..

Dunno......man would the big fella love that..... :o
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16812: Mar 06, 2018 11:25:51 am

Our big guns shouldn't be playing tomorrow. Anyone who thinks they should is an absolute moron.

By the way we have had an easy route to be fair. Spartak, Maribor, Sevilla and Porto are Europa League level sides. I am so fascinated to see how we get on against proper UCL opposition. Will our press work against a Bayern/Real/Barca..... going to be interesting.

F**k OFF FUCKTARD !!

TALKING BOLLOCKS AGAIN !!

Anyone who thinks we should play a full strength side is a MORON, 

Jürgen is playing a full strength side dipshit so are you applying our brilliant manager is being 'Moronic'

Here's a wee bit of advise ...try engaging your wee brain cell before spouting your sh*te, MORON !!

Quick Reply