Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526247 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16859: Mar 07, 2018 02:31:10 pm
      How do you know it was a dig? Explain clearly mate...

Having a dig is when the plane flew over Anfiled calling for Rodgers head and Rodgers at a press conference commented that Rafa may have been the pilot...that's a cheap dig..not stating the obvious that Klopp needs to win trophies..

100%.......and I’m pretty sure Jürgen clearly stated he needs to win things.

Ultimately Rafa - love him as much as I do (and I really do, not like one of those duplicitous wankers kicking about) didn’t win ENOUGH to make himself unsackable over the longer term.

No one could have with those two f***in’ snakes in charge. I truly believe NO manager at the top level at that time could’ve done a better job.

That’s how most managers go sadly.

Most likely how Jürgen will go eventually........but again I don’t believe there’s a better manager we could have to guide us in the present climate.
      Kopite78
      Reply #16860: Mar 07, 2018 02:31:59 pm
      I can't change the way you see it, which is fine... I see it a different way....

"Ignoring questions from journalists just lead to further questions".. People do it all the time, MP's Prime Minister's President's Football managers...

No you just don't like the man do are looking for any twisted weird knob head way of sticking a knife in

:-\
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16861: Mar 07, 2018 02:38:18 pm
      How do you know it was a dig? Explain clearly mate...

Having a dig is when the plane flew over Anfiled calling for Rodgers head and Rodgers at a press conference commented that Rafa may have been the pilot...that's a cheap dig..not stating the obvious that Klopp needs to win trophies..

OK... The way I see it see that Klopp is enjoying success with Liverpool (on his way up)... Rafa is about to be relegated with Newcastle(well in a relegation fight) He Comes back to Anfield  and here some of the supporters signing his name. He also hear and see the way they react to Klopp week in and week out and wishes he was still manager of Liverpool...

He his asked about Klopp and success and choose to answer that Klopp needs to win Trophies. (Implying that he was a success because he had won trophies at LFC) Now some will say that he was asked a question and had to answer it... No he could have chosen not to, or have answered in a different way... "If Liverpool keeps showing the improvement they have under Jürgen Klopp I am sure that in time this will happen" or something all those lines... Instead he chose to point out that Klopp has not won anything yet...

Why would you do that..? unless you are Jealous that Klopp has the job you think that you deserve

Answered all I am going to on the matter But I am sticking by Every word I have said
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16862: Mar 07, 2018 02:38:24 pm
      Look RED,
      Sorry about the "GiF"... It was uncalled for, and normally I would not have added one. I try not to go out of my way and insult other LFC supporters even if they chose to insult me (Not saying you did, or ever have) I thought it would be funny, and I struggled to add it as I have never really added on before (Added a picture but discovered how to do that by accident. Still learn how to do various things on this site...) Just looked back on it and thought it could be a bit insensitive...

Not just saying this but I do respect you and your post, although I do not always agree with them. That is the nature of opinion base forums...

So once again I am Sorry

I don't get offended mate. Believe me I've had worse thrown at me on here.
      You have your opinion on Rafa, fair enough. I'll be honest I remember thinking back at the time that it was best for Rafa to move on, I.was major wrong then.
      I was fed up with his stubbornness, but Jürgen has shown me that what I call stubbornnes, to a manager is just patience and can be a good thing.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16863: Mar 07, 2018 02:44:55 pm
      OK... The way I see it see that Klopp is enjoying success with Liverpool (on his way up)... Rafa is about to be relegated with Newcastle(well in a relegation fight) He Comes back to Anfield  and here some of the supporters signing his name. He also hear and see the way they react to Klopp week in and week out and wishes he was still manager of Liverpool...

He his asked about Klopp and success and choose to answer that Klopp needs to win Trophies. (Implying that he was a success because he had won trophies at LFC) Now some will say that he was asked a question and had to answer it... No he could have chosen not to, or have answered in a different way... "If Liverpool keeps showing the improvement they have under Jürgen Klopp I am sure that in time this will happen" or something all those lines... Instead he chose to point out that Klopp has not won anything yet...

Why would you do that..? unless you are Jealous that Klopp has the job you think that you deserve

Who wouldn't want to mange Liverpool FC? Jeez...we turned down Jose and that c**t still bitter towards us ...

Was Brendan a success at LFC? Played pretty football that's all I remember & the couple of humiliating defeats... That's his legacy..

Rafa won trophies...that's his legacy..

Klopp is working towards his legacy with us..hasn't won a trophy but re built the club..from supporters to team, that's a success without silverware, winning a Trophy will just cement his legendary status...

Any road....

Jose cracking up...Klopp's catching up...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16864: Mar 07, 2018 02:57:06 pm
      Who wouldn't want to mange Liverpool FC? Jeez...we turned down Jose and that c**t still bitter towards us ...

Was Brendan a success at LFC? Played pretty football that's all I remember & the couple of humiliating defeats... That's his legacy..

Rafa won trophies...that's his legacy..

Klopp is working towards his legacy with us..hasn't won a trophy but re built the club..from supporters to team, that's a success without silverware, winning a Trophy will just cement his legendary status...

Any road....

Jose cracking up...Klopp's catching up...
      More than happy with Klopp, (but can't recall saying that was unhappy with him as the manager in regards to this conversation)
       I stated in the past that I was not please with some of his choices and that he needs to start learning from his mistakes.. Still feels he makes a few, like not playing more fringe players against Porto, and the thing during the game where he goes to a back five aside from that well happy with Klopp
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16865: Mar 07, 2018 04:59:31 pm
      Ultimately, Klopp said he thinks we will win the league within 4 years didn’t he? When he took over. Don’t think Rafa was having a dig by saying Klopp needs to win trophies. We’ve come on massively since Klopp took over. We’ve gone from humiliating defeats on a regular basis to 2 cup finals in his first half season, having not made anything more than 1 poxy semi final under Rodgers, that we fu**ed up against Villa. His first full season we got back into the Champions League and this season we are now in the last 8 of Europe, having set a few records along the way, whilst having the most clean sheets and goals scored, looking in a good position for 2nd place, lost just 3 league games and the only team to have beaten this years Premier League winners, who have run away with the league by a country mile.
      That’s really good steady improvements when you consider where we were when he took over. We’ve gone from signing average players to top players. In fact, apart from Caulker, I’m not really sure any of Klopp’s signings so far fall into the Borini type category.

Steady improvement that if it is to continue, it will have to lead to trophies. If it doesn’t then Klopp wouldn’t have been a failure because he’s dragged this club back up from its knees, from the players to fans. But, Klopp made a bold statement when taking over so he has to deliver. This club should be winning trophies.
      Rafa loves the club and will only want the best for it, I have no doubt he’s jealous of Klopp having the job because Rafa has his time cut short and severely hampered by H&G. But, we still won trophies and made finals and arguably had the strongest starting 11 in the league and one of the best in Europe in 08. But Rafa has unfulfilled potential with us by failing to deliver the league, and no matter how much we are improving, if Klopp doesn’t deliver what he can if we get it right, then he will have unfulfilled potential too.
      Something him and Rafa have is the ability to make a club succeed, something that had been lacking here for far too long.
      I have every confidence in Klopp to deliver trophies and he has had one hell of a job on his hands because we were in a complete mess when he took over.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16866: Mar 10, 2018 11:07:02 am
      Viel gluck today boss !!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16867: Mar 10, 2018 02:57:22 pm
      They pretty much destroyed our right side first half, didn't they? Was questioning why we didn't play more defensively in the first half, but Danzel and Scotia pointed out that Lovren dominated Lukaku many times, so I could understand the reason for not focusing on that too much, but TAA vs Rashford? We all know how poor TAA is defensively too.

Another baffling decision was to take off Robertson for Solanke and then not switching Salah and Mane around which would effectively have them play more of a natural winger role than inverted to get crosses into the box.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #16868: Mar 10, 2018 03:12:05 pm
      They pretty much destroyed our right side first half, didn't they? Was questioning why we didn't play more defensively in the first half, but Danzel and Scotia pointed out that Lovren dominated Lukaku many times, so I could understand the reason for not focusing on that too much, but TAA vs Rashford? We all know how poor TAA is defensively too.

Another baffling decision was to take off Robertson for Solanke and then not switching Salah and Mane around which would effectively have them play more of a natural winger role than inverted to get crosses into the box.

To be fair, his line-up today was pretty much our strongest side this season. We haven't had that many options at right back. Gomez was worse defensively this season and his lack of concentration had already cost us a few goals.
      Both Salah and Mane have been playing like that the whole season so not sure if switching them around could have helped. Our goal came from Mane's cross down the left wing after all.
      We didn't really have many options off the bench either. All the three players who came on were ineffective to put it lightly.
      It all comes down to squad depth at the end of the day. We're still a few key positions away from being a title challenging side. Hope we'll do our business well this summer.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16869: Mar 10, 2018 03:14:42 pm
      To be fair, his line-up today was pretty much our strongest side this season. We haven't had that many options at right back. Gomez was worse defensively this season and his lack of concentration had already cost us a few goals.
      Both Salah and Mane have been playing like that the whole season so not sure if switching them around could have helped. Our goal came from Mane's cross down the left wing after all.
      We didn't really have many options off the bench either. All the three players who came on were ineffective to put it lightly.
      It all comes down to squad depth at the end of the day. We're still a few key positions away from being a title challenging side. Hope we'll do our business well this summer.

Yeah, it was a strong line up, and I would have perhaps chosen the same ish team with 1 change (Hendo in for Milner). But I would have thought with Mourinho at home and Sanchez in the team, Klopp would have played it more cautious than usual for the first 20-30 mins ish.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #16870: Mar 10, 2018 05:02:24 pm
      I would’ve preferred Hendo for Can - despite what many think he moves the ball more aggressively (as well as side to side).

That said the selection didn’t cost us - the performance of the right hand side of the defence (both CBs and fullback) cost us in the first 30.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #16871: Mar 10, 2018 05:32:07 pm
      I would've gone for Hendo to give a more solid base. Don't know what to make of Ox. Didn't like what I saw at Arsenal and he blows hot and cold here...well lukewarm and cold. Tries long shots and plays the odd decent ball but that's it. Has to offer more to get a place. Seems to lose heart and confidence to easily, then he tries very little.

I'm only giving Klopp a 5 today. Attack had no structure, bit of a mish mash. Trying to go thru traffic in the second half. Have to have a bit of game intelligence and could've targeted Young a bit more. We had plenty of possession in the 2nd half but didn't really create a chance. Due mainly to trying to trick our way past a blocked center defense.

Lost count of the tricky one/two's that went wrong..but no clear instruction to try something different.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16872: Mar 10, 2018 09:36:16 pm
      Out thought today by Jose... It will happen from time to time
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #16873: Mar 11, 2018 01:31:46 am
      Fielded the best 11 he could have given form and injuries. Let down by 2 lapses in concentration from the back 4. Sky will tell you Mourinho is a genius for nullifying the press but that's not it all it was yard dog football consisting of hoof ball and a cowardly park the bus job in the second half. In my opinion the rub of the green wasn't there e.g. at least one penalty, Virgil converting from 3 yards, TAA not deflecting Rashfords shot over Karius.

It's a game of margins and in the context of the season nothing gained and nothing lost.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16874: Mar 11, 2018 08:33:36 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #16875: Mar 12, 2018 04:15:05 am

Not at all. They took their chances, we didn’t.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16876: Mar 12, 2018 05:05:41 pm
      Not at all. They took their chances, we didn’t.
      So you do not think that

(a) Young marking Salah out of the Game had no bearing on the result...?

(b) Or the way Utd nullified the high press by choosing to play the long ball had no bearing on the result...?

(c) Lukaku playing off Lovren's shoulder had no bearing on the result...

(e) and Rashford playing out wide against TAA had no bearing on the result...?

It was a well thought out orchestrated tactic by Jose Mourinho which worked very well for Utd
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #16877: Mar 12, 2018 11:44:09 pm
      Simply said, Klopp is being too naive. How many games already they parked the bus? And they still did the same thing and Klopp still playing to their tune. No plan B. When they parked the bus, the long ball is their answer and they did just that.

I'm more concern of before the game, how are we gonna dismantle the bus. It cannot be the conventional way of  patient passing and hope for the opening. It has failed us time and again.  It has to be something very different and our consolation goal showed just that.

When a team set out to play defensively, it is difficult to break them down. We have to do something very different. Something out of the box that surprises them. Yes, i saw Mane running along outside their box for 90 minutes, for a while i thought he was our midfield general or helping out their defence and it is truly embarassing.

Plenty of possession but not many shots taken from outside the box. Try this Klopp the next time :

1. Get someone speedy to go behind their left and right back
      2. Get a towering forward ala Tosack to create havoc at their defence
      3. Shooting from outside the box. Intensive training 6 defenders against 3 forwards.

Maureen doesn't like surprises, l'm led to believe Sevilla is capable of giving surprises more than us.

By playing TAA in such an important game klopp has simply destroyed his confidence. Weed out the non performers quick Klopp, Lovren should gave been gone long ago.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16878: Mar 13, 2018 12:23:53 am

Thought that only in the first half. Jose's game plan was straight out of Sam Alardyces long ball tactics but Sam uses that as his best weapon whereas Jose used it to stop our pressing game and it worked. Now watch every other Team try that same tactic for the rest of the Season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #16879: Mar 13, 2018 04:20:35 am
      So you do not think that

(a) Young marking Salah out of the Game had no bearing on the result...?

(b) Or the way Utd nullified the high press by choosing to play the long ball had no bearing on the result...?

(c) Lukaku playing off Lovren's shoulder had no bearing on the result...

(e) and Rashford playing out wide against TAA had no bearing on the result...?

It was a well thought out orchestrated tactic by Jose Mourinho which worked very well for Utd

Who missed from about 3 yards, us or them? Who had a blatant penalty not given, us or them? Who had more than double the amount of shots and most possession, us or them? We had the chances to score despite the things you’ve listed but we didn’t take the chances/get the luck, they did. Nothing more to it and that was far from a master class from Jose.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #16880: Mar 13, 2018 04:23:20 am
      By playing TAA in such an important game klopp has simply destroyed his confidence.

Hmm, yet TAA done more than a good enough job against them at Anfield earlier in the season, he had a rough 10 to start with vs Martial but then settled into the game nicely. Seems people are forgetting that when saying he wasn’t ready for this game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #16881: Mar 13, 2018 07:02:17 am
      Simply said, Klopp is being too naive. How many games already they parked the bus? And they still did the same thing and Klopp still playing to their tune. No plan B. When they parked the bus, the long ball is their answer and they did just that.

I'm more concern of before the game, how are we gonna dismantle the bus. It cannot be the conventional way of  patient passing and hope for the opening. It has failed us time and again.  It has to be something very different and our consolation goal showed just that.

When a team set out to play defensively, it is difficult to break them down. We have to do something very different. Something out of the box that surprises them. Yes, i saw Mane running along outside their box for 90 minutes, for a while i thought he was our midfield general or helping out their defence and it is truly embarassing.

Plenty of possession but not many shots taken from outside the box. Try this Klopp the next time :

1. Get someone speedy to go behind their left and right back
      2. Get a towering forward ala Tosack to create havoc at their defence
      3. Shooting from outside the box. Intensive training 6 defenders against 3 forwards.

Maureen doesn't like surprises, l'm led to believe Sevilla is capable of giving surprises more than us.

By playing TAA in such an important game klopp has simply destroyed his confidence. Weed out the non performers quick Klopp, Lovren should gave been gone long ago.

Utter nonsense.

Quick Reply