Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526823 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17158: Apr 25, 2018 04:57:28 pm
      Could anyone have written three years ago, when Mane was at Southampton, Bobby at Hoffenheim and Salah was touring Italy on loan trying to find a home for his talents, that we'd have the most fearsome attack in world football in 2018?

All the work of Klopp. He's absolutely transformed these players and unlocked ability no one, not even his managerial peers, thought was possible. Genius.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17159: Apr 25, 2018 05:33:19 pm
      Could anyone have written three years ago, when Mane was at Southampton, Bobby at Hoffenheim and Salah was touring Italy on loan trying to find a home for his talents, that we'd have the most fearsome attack in world football in 2018?

All the work of Klopp. He's absolutely transformed these players and unlocked ability no one, not even his managerial peers, thought was possible. Genius.

Absolutely correct.

Add to that the midfield staff of Henderson, Milner, Ox (outside back), Gini (at Newcastle!) Lallana and Can. Plus outside backs then at Kirkby and....Hull City?
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #17160: Apr 25, 2018 08:15:47 pm
      Just imagine how good we'll be next season..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17161: Apr 25, 2018 09:15:20 pm
      Please note that i stated that Guardiola is considered to be the best manager / coach in world football. That is in no way my opinion, it is the general consensus, i hope you all understand that?

I wouldn't swap Klopp for anyone.

Wasn’t saying different mate, was just giving my take on Pep and Klopp is all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #17162: Apr 25, 2018 09:28:55 pm
      Add to that the midfield staff of Henderson, Milner, Ox (outside back), Gini (at Newcastle!) Lallana and Can. Plus outside backs then at Kirkby and....Hull City?

You definitely mean full-backs there don't you?

Outside backs has me confused as F**k now :laugh:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #17163: Apr 25, 2018 09:32:10 pm
      I seriously doubt anyone was shaking their head in disgust when he was taken off at the 78th minute when we were cruising at 5-0 up. I personally was happy to see that because I wanted him to start against Stoke.

I wouldn't say dsgust, but disagreed with the decision, actually wanted him to stay on get his hat-trick and our sixth.

Greedy b***ard that I am!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17164: Apr 25, 2018 10:29:50 pm
      You definitely mean full-backs there don't you?

Outside backs has me confused as f**k now :laugh:

I do use them interchangeably, but yes, fullbacks. :-)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #17165: Apr 25, 2018 11:20:00 pm
      Explain how Mo not being on the pitch allowed Roma to score 2 goals
      Easy, the replacement wasn’t of the same or even similar calibre.
      Mo was turning them inside out, once he went off, the attacking rhythm dropped. When we became more defensive with the second unforced sub, they gained a foothold, and some confidence. Until then they were in a state of collapse and it could realistically have fonished 7 or 8 nil.
      I love Klopp and everything he stands for, as well as everything he has done at this club. I wouldn’t change him for anyone else in world football. He’s the man, of that there’s no doubt !
      That doesn’t mean he CAN’T sometimes make a mistake. I’m sure following Roma’s mini comeback, he might even agree.
      As the great Bob Paisley once said,
      If it isn’t broken, don’t mend it !

The subs weren’t forced subs, and not for the first time, the balance and flow became disjointed !
      I’m sure we can do enough in Rome to stay ahead in the tie, but it’s an unnecessary worry, and just took the gloss off what would have been an unassailable lead, and the greatest semi final result in the history of the CL.
      And I’m not a moron, or a troll, nor am I waiting to slate Jürgen at the first opportunity. I’m just stating an observation which is as clear as day, and agreed with by many, including many top professionals. It is what it is.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #17166: Apr 25, 2018 11:56:52 pm
      Jürgen explained why he took Mo off, he didn’t want to risk an injury when the game was seemingly in hand. Makes perfect sense and for me that’s the end of that. Think we should draw a line under that particular topic and move on. Taking off Salah did NOT cause us to concede.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17167: Apr 25, 2018 11:59:50 pm
      Easy, the replacement wasn’t of the same or even similar calibre.
      Mo was turning them inside out, once he went off, the attacking rhythm dropped. When we became more defensive with the second unforced sub, they gained a foothold, and some confidence. Until then they were in a state of collapse and it could realistically have fonished 7 or 8 nil.
      I love Klopp and everything he stands for, as well as everything he has done at this club. I wouldn’t change him for anyone else in world football. He’s the man, of that there’s no doubt !
      That doesn’t mean he CAN’T sometimes make a mistake. I’m sure following Roma’s mini comeback, he might even agree.
      As the great Bob Paisley once said,
      If it isn’t broken, don’t mend it !

The subs weren’t forced subs, and not for the first time, the balance and flow became disjointed !
      I’m sure we can do enough in Rome to stay ahead in the tie, but it’s an unnecessary worry, and just took the gloss off what would have been an unassailable lead, and the greatest semi final result in the history of the CL.
      And I’m not a moron, or a troll, nor am I waiting to slate Jürgen at the first opportunity. I’m just stating an observation which is as clear as day, and agreed with by many, including many top professionals. It is what it is.

Actually Mo was cheating the entire match and I do think he brought Ing's in to cover more with Trent who was starting to have issues.

I think the bigger issue was we stopped playing a high-line and started giving them space to operate...they scored one decent goal...the penalty was a BS call and we had them in our pocket the entire match.

Not afraid of this lot at all.

It's come out from various sources that Barca showed up at Roma figuring all was won already and they played like it...despite the greatness of Suarez & Messi as a whole Barca are a slow as play the ball at your feet club.

We can also play with the ball at our feet but we can also break and go long if need be with our speed.

So if they want to set-up like they did for Barca good luck to them they are going to need it against that front 3.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #17168: Apr 26, 2018 11:29:11 am
      Jürgen explained why he took Mo off, he didn’t want to risk an injury when the game was seemingly in hand. Makes perfect sense and for me that’s the end of that. Think we should draw a line under that particular topic and move on. Taking off Salah did NOT cause us to concede.

Exactly. Some people seem reluctant to admit that the reason we conceded that goal is because our centre back possesses a weaker perception of depth than David Blunkett.

We are running our players into the ground due to our lack of Squad depth and Klopp has every right to rest players whenever he can. From a personal point of view i had no issue with Klopp taking off Mo at the time. We were 5-0 up and the game was dead and buried until Mr. Bean fu**ed up.

It is no fault of Jurgens that we don't have the calibre of players we require to regularly rotate without risk.

The only issue with bringing Ings on is that he doesn't have the pace to exploit the spaces in behind the defence. That is not Jürgen's fault.

If he'd kept Salah on the field and he'd done a hamstring in then he'd be getting it in the neck for not taking him off when we were 5-0 up.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17169: Apr 26, 2018 11:43:54 am
      Exactly. Some people seem reluctant to admit that the reason we conceded that goal is because our centre back possesses a weaker perception of depth than David Blunkett.

We are running our players into the ground due to our lack of Squad depth and Klopp has every right to rest players whenever he can. From a personal point of view i had no issue with Klopp taking off Mo at the time. We were 5-0 up and the game was dead and buried until Mr. Bean fu**ed up.

It is no fault of Jurgens that we don't have the calibre of players we require to regularly rotate without risk.

The only issue with bringing Ings on is that he doesn't have the pace to exploit the spaces in behind the defence. That is not Jürgen's fault.

If he'd kept Salah on the field and he'd done a hamstring in then he'd be getting it in the neck for not taking him off when we were 5-0 up.

The only bit I’d add to that is that it’s another salutary lesson in the art of defending for Trent........he tracked back then didn’t cover round and Dzeko got a free shot off.

All education. And hee f**king haw to do with Mo.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17170: Apr 26, 2018 12:29:58 pm
      Thanks for the Unity & Strength Boss...

Thanks for restoring our 'Aura of Invincibility' .....The way you have us playing at home & abroad could see a team from Mars trying to come down & beat us ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17171: Apr 26, 2018 12:45:10 pm

Makes perfect sense to me as well.

If you can't take your best player off with 15 minutes left and 5-0 up at home then I'm not sure when you can.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #17172: Apr 26, 2018 12:51:38 pm

Truer words have never been spoken than these.

Not to mention his work with Robertson, Karius, Chamberlain and Lallana.

Just a shame it hasn't worked with Mignolet, Lovren and Moreno.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #17173: Apr 26, 2018 12:53:58 pm
      The only bit I’d add to that is that it’s another salutary lesson in the art of defending for Trent........he tracked back then didn’t cover round and Dzeko got a free shot off.

All education. And hee f**king haw to do with Mo.

Good point Scotia. Agreed. I'm sure we can both agree that Trent gets a bit of slack due to his inexperience though? He has been phenomenal this Season. That goes for both full backs.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17174: Apr 26, 2018 02:38:41 pm
      We're going to need a new hand salute the way Klopp is going

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17175: Apr 26, 2018 02:39:44 pm

Gerrard running with Charlie Adam, Andy Carroll and Martin Skrtel. Don't show him that photo or he'll think 'F**k my life'.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17176: Apr 26, 2018 02:42:01 pm
      Gerrard running with Charlie Adam, Andy Carroll and Martin Skrtel. Don't show him that photo or he'll think 'F**k my life'.

He might get the three of them to join him at Rangers ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,801 posts | 1399 
      Reply #17177: Apr 26, 2018 04:03:33 pm

Actually, that bolded part is Klopp's fault. He controls who comes and goes into the team so if you think Ings is not good enough then it's because Jürgen chose not to bring someone else.

As far as depth, i agree that is not Jürgen's fault. When the January window closed all of Can, Lallana and Ox were healthy, which would have been more than enough depth to get us through. It is not his fault they all got hurt.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17178: Apr 26, 2018 04:16:49 pm
      He might get the three of them to join him at Rangers ;D

I could actually see all three in a Rangers shirt (as a matter of fact Adam DID play for Rangers...which says it all!)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #17179: Apr 26, 2018 04:25:22 pm

We'll be needing manc inbred hands!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #17180: Apr 26, 2018 07:19:46 pm

You’re right F L, two sides to every argument. Time to draw a line. I’m seeing the other side has its merits too. Just so pissed off losing those two late goals.
      On to Stoke, and hammer Roma again next week. 😁

Quick Reply