Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518553 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17480: Jun 28, 2018 06:55:57 pm
      A trophy is a trophy, never bothered us in the past
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17481: Jun 28, 2018 07:39:49 pm
      This thread is getting ridiculous.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17482: Jun 28, 2018 07:57:42 pm
      So many year plans getting mentioned, we all going back to when Houllier was managing with his "5 year plan" shout which seems to have become the standard among our supporters these days!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #17483: Jun 28, 2018 08:22:20 pm
      A trophy is a trophy, never bothered us in the past

Indeed.

We need one sooner rather than later.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17484: Jun 28, 2018 08:36:20 pm
      Agree about attacking football, but I would be over the moon if we won either the FA or League Cup.

have you seen the winners prize money for these Cups they just aren't worth it and it saddens me to say it because for me the FA Cup is still special
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17485: Jun 28, 2018 10:11:37 pm
      have you seen the winners prize money for these Cups they just aren't worth it and it saddens me to say it because for me the FA Cup is still special

That's why you're saying that about those two competitions...the prize money?

Unless they are planning on giving some of it to me, I couldn't care less about that for any of the leagues or cups we are in.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17486: Jun 29, 2018 09:00:46 am
      That's why you're saying that about those two competitions...the prize money?

Unless they are planning on giving some of it to me, I couldn't care less about that for any of the leagues or cups we are in.

we have won one cup in 12 years what importance do you think the club put on these two Cups when the chase for top four is so lucrative.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17487: Jun 29, 2018 09:21:19 am
      I would love the Boss to win any trophy under his tenure..We deserve it & most importantly the Boss himself deserves one after turning this club around within the space of 3 or more years & at a far less cost than our rivals..

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17488: Jun 29, 2018 10:59:40 am
      Trophy does not mean profits. Finishing in the top four is the best way to maintain a good profit. That is why Wenger was at Arsenal so long, the board loved him for consistently finishing fourth without spending. As soon as Wenger spent money and couldn't get fourth he's gone. Klopp has 2 options here, win something or be another Wenger, 2nd isn't a trophy. If Klopp did the business in the transfer window he would have had 2 good Keepers. Karius may have got a head injury in the CL final, we should have had a keeper ready to go on in Karius place. It is no good saying a month later he had a concussion, this should be dealt with within the 90 minutes. We known a long time Mignolet is rubbish, but instead of evaluating Mignolet he handed in a 5 year high paid contract. In my opinion Klopp lost so many finals it is no longer bad luck, it is because he goes through transfer windows looking like he is working for Ebenezer Scrooge, just to overpay people who are already here. I am glad we didn't buckle on Emre Can though, maybe he learnt after Mignolet. If we get to another final and lose, fans won't be saying at least we got to another final.. they'll be saying "I've had enough of this sh*t". A trophy is paramount now. Any trophy, even the league cup will do. Team, board and management have all got to improve. They have collectively got to do better. Replacing Coutinho and singing another keeper is key in this window, Klopp still has time to make this window a success.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17489: Jun 29, 2018 01:53:45 pm
      Rib is just one wierd dude with the rants he goes on about.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17490: Jun 29, 2018 03:15:05 pm
      we have won one cup in 12 years what importance do you think the club put on these two Cups when the chase for top four is so lucrative.

We've not won the league in 28 years. Pretty sure it's not for wanting to. Since Jürgen was here we've been in a League Cup final and a semifinal. We played strong teams in both FA Cup matches this past season. If he didn't care about it he hid it well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17491: Jun 29, 2018 07:46:25 pm
      We've not won the league in 28 years. Pretty sure it's not for wanting to. Since Jürgen was here we've been in a League Cup final and a semifinal. We played strong teams in both FA Cup matches this past season. If he didn't care about it he hid it well.

Didn’t we go out of the FA Cup last season in the 3rd round to West Brom? Wouldn’t call them strong opposition.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #17492: Jun 29, 2018 10:46:49 pm
      Trophy does not mean profits. Finishing in the top four is the best way to maintain a good profit. That is why Wenger was at Arsenal so long, the board loved him for consistently finishing fourth without spending. As soon as Wenger spent money and couldn't get fourth he's gone. Klopp has 2 options here, win something or be another Wenger, 2nd isn't a trophy. If Klopp did the business in the transfer window he would have had 2 good Keepers. Karius may have got a head injury in the CL final, we should have had a keeper ready to go on in Karius place. It is no good saying a month later he had a concussion, this should be dealt with within the 90 minutes. We known a long time Mignolet is rubbish, but instead of evaluating Mignolet he handed in a 5 year high paid contract. In my opinion Klopp lost so many finals it is no longer bad luck, it is because he goes through transfer windows looking like he is working for Ebenezer Scrooge, just to overpay people who are already here. I am glad we didn't buckle on Emre Can though, maybe he learnt after Mignolet. If we get to another final and lose, fans won't be saying at least we got to another final.. they'll be saying "I've had enough of this sh*t". A trophy is paramount now. Any trophy, even the league cup will do. Team, board and management have all got to improve. They have collectively got to do better. Replacing Coutinho and singing another keeper is key in this window, Klopp still has time to make this window a success.

What the F**k are you talking about son?!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17493: Jun 29, 2018 11:34:50 pm
      As soon as Wenger spent money and couldn't get fourth he's gone.

Not entirely true, signed a new 2 year contract in the year they first missed out, he only left this summer because he resigned, otherwise I have no doubts he'd still be there next season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17494: Jun 30, 2018 02:21:25 am
      Didn’t we go out of the FA Cup last season in the 3rd round to West Brom? Wouldn’t call them strong opposition.

sorry, i meant we fielded strong lineups vs. Everton (3rd round) and West Brom (4th).

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #17495: Jun 30, 2018 12:32:33 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru
      Trophy does not mean profits. Finishing in the top four is the best way to maintain a good profit. That is why Wenger was at Arsenal so long, the board loved him for consistently finishing fourth without spending. As soon as Wenger spent money and couldn't get fourth he's gone. Klopp has 2 options here, win something or be another Wenger, 2nd isn't a trophy. A trophy is paramount now. Any trophy, even the league cup will do.

Klopp has 2 full seasons, Wenger had 20+. Comparing their league records isn't valid.
      Mrgvnfay
      Reply #17496: Jun 30, 2018 06:38:05 pm
      jurgens building something special ..................... & were nearly there.   :aaliverpoolwz0:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17497: Jul 01, 2018 07:41:27 pm
      41 more sleeps!

Quick Reply