Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528773 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #4692: Feb 14, 2016 02:05:18 am
      TBH , i think we are doing sh*te.  I think its fair to say that i was one of the first on this Forum screaming for Klopp,  after following his career and teams for a long time.
      But we are in a bad way right now. A F***ing awful bad way. I honestly thought that we would see a marginal improvement in the team , but , we are as bad as we have ever been. Jürgen has already made a few mistakes since being in charge of the team .Formation and team selection have been questionable . The players he is having to work with are truly some of the worst i have seen in our famous red jersey. Yet basic mistakes should be rectified.

I'm just fed up .
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4693: Feb 14, 2016 03:10:57 am
      Has anyone considered the possibility that someone can be completely onboard with Klopp's rebuilding project and yet still think we should be playing better?

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I don't think that poster really understands what she's talking about mate.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4694: Feb 14, 2016 03:12:49 am
      I'm not sure what that really means, maybe you can explain it or are you just on a wind up?

Or by frothing at the mouth maybe you are talking about your posts about your buddy Lallana?

She's on a wind-up mate, leave her alone.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4695: Feb 14, 2016 03:15:42 am
      Klopp:
      "I know nobody wants to hear this, but it's a long way (for us to go). Sorry. But I'm really prepared for this way."

"For development, I am the right man. I don't care about people who are not patient enough. I can't. I have no time for that."

Jürgen has no time for impatient fuckers.

Just as well then, most "fuckers" on here aren't impatient.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2016 04:05:25 am by Beerbelly »
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #4696: Feb 14, 2016 06:25:52 am
      TBH , i think we are doing sh*te.  I think its fair to say that i was one of the first on this Forum screaming for Klopp,  after following his career and teams for a long time.
      But we are in a bad way right now. A f**king awful bad way. I honestly thought that we would see a marginal improvement in the team , but , we are as bad as we have ever been. Jürgen has already made a few mistakes since being in charge of the team .Formation and team selection have been questionable . The players he is having to work with are truly some of the worst i have seen in our famous red jersey. Yet basic mistakes should be rectified.

I'm just fed up .

He's a great coach who trusted the players he's got despite their average tag but had not been largely helped by the same players. I'd like to see a ruthless (Rafa) side of him that trust players because they deliver and not trust them so that they can deliver; This method however has a disadvantage of hampering talent development. But then again, the game is about winning and we should be doing that consistently.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4697: Feb 14, 2016 09:17:56 am
      I just don't understand why there is so much animosity between the two sides.

We all want Liverpool to do better ... unless you are happy with us being mid table ?
      We all believe that Klopp will make us better.
      We all think the squad is poor.

The only thing we really disagree on is whether we should be doing any better than we are with the players that we have.

I think the return of Sturridge will solve a lot of our immediate problems (sadly I have been saying that all season :) ), it's amazing how much better players can look when the team starts scoring goals rather than missing chances.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #4698: Feb 14, 2016 09:33:04 am
      I just don't understand why there is so much animosity between the two sides.

We all want Liverpool to do better ... unless you are happy with us being mid table ?
      We all believe that Klopp will make us better.
      We all think the squad is poor.

The only thing we really disagree on is whether we should be doing any better than we are with the players that we have.

I think the return of Sturridge will solve a lot of our immediate problems (sadly I have been saying that all season :) ), it's amazing how much better players can look when the team starts scoring goals rather than missing chances.

Agree Saint.

It probably sounds weird but for me there is no doubt we should be doing better but I'm still not overly worried if that makes sense.

I've always been of the opinion, and still am, that broadly speaking we have a very good squad of players and I did expect Jürgen to be doing a bit more with them up to know.

Why hasn't he?

I think a combination of settling in, injuries to key players including two of our best in Studge and Phil and his defence being decimated. Add that the sheer amount of games we have played means he hasn't been able to work as much in training and get over his message totally and we are left with a very up and down period of results.

Me ultimate expectation form what Jürgen can achieve hasn't changed by I have had to reassess this season and am now hoping that the indifferent form will lead to the manager knowing clearly what he needs going into next season and f we can add a bit of silverware it will give him a good base for the future.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #4699: Feb 14, 2016 09:38:14 am
      Klopp:
      "I know nobody wants to hear this, but it's a long way (for us to go). Sorry. But I'm really prepared for this way."

"For development, I am the right man. I don't care about people who are not patient enough. I can't. I have no time for that."

Jürgen has no time for impatient fuckers.
      Awkward statement and a needless amunition for idiotic journalists when the chips are down in the future. We all know you are top dog Jürgen. Just prove us right on the pitch/training ground, not at a press conference. Brendan was full of such talks and we hated him for it in the end.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1495 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #4700: Feb 14, 2016 09:54:46 am
      It's an odd season for more than one reason

Klopp took the job 8 games in, with no players of his own choosing, and a terrible injury list. So we can't say much at all. If I think about it I can't say he is over achieving and I can't really say he should be doing better (even though I have).

This season is one long pre season for Klopp, and at the very least, next season he should know exactly what he wants to do.

So the sooner next season starts, the better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #4701: Feb 14, 2016 10:00:36 am
      Awkward statement and a needless amunition for idiotic journalists when the chips are down in the future. We all know you are top dog Jürgen. Just prove us right on the pitch/training ground, not at a press conference. Brendan was full of such talks and we hated him for it in the end.

Don't see anything ''awkward'' about the comment at all. Given the language barrier Jürgen's positivity and forward thinking stand out, if some charity is given for him not grasping the queen's English overnight.
      The obvious media shitehawks might try to distort and mock as is their way but when do LFC take any notice of the Murdoch mafia?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4702: Feb 14, 2016 10:05:12 am
      It's an odd season for more than one reason

So the sooner next season starts, the better.
      I sort of feel that way too but a little bit of me thinks something special might be about to happen.......but then I think that before every game. Its hard to understand how this season is working out but we still have opportunities to win silverware so whilst that chance is still available to us all is not lost.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1495 
      Reply #4703: Feb 14, 2016 10:08:14 am
      I sort of feel that way too but a little bit of me thinks something special might be about to happen.......but then I think that before every game. Its hard to understand how this season is working out but we still have opportunities to win silverware so whilst that chance is still available to us all is not lost.

For sure, I don't mean to imply this season is a non starter, but in the longer term, I don't think we can say too much about which direction we are headed. Until next season and even then, not until about a dozen games have gone by.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4704: Feb 14, 2016 10:18:36 am
      This isn't a thread about Lallana pal.

But to stay on topic, what about the posts criticizing our form since Jürgen took over has been incorrect?

Criticising our form is absolutely correct as we have been poor but it's the thinly veiled attempts to suggest we would have been better off keeping Rodgers that I find ludicrous.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4705: Feb 14, 2016 10:20:42 am
      For sure, I don't mean to imply this season is a non starter, but in the longer term, I don't think we can say too much about which direction we are headed. Until next season and even then, not until about a dozen games have gone by.

anyone who thinks this season so far is crap surely has a point it would be difficult to put up a decent defence for what has happened so far.
      IMHO there is far more wrong with the people who run the club day to day and this is hindering what happens on the field and in the summer if our first signing is a £7million kid with potential that we loan back to the club I might just explode.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1495 
      Reply #4706: Feb 14, 2016 10:31:31 am
      anyone who thinks this season so far is crap surely has a point it would be difficult to put up a decent defence for what has happened so far.
      IMHO there is far more wrong with the people who run the club day to day and this is hindering what happens on the field and in the summer if our first signing is a £7million kid with potential that we loan back to the club I might just explode.

Not sure what to expect, but weird as it sounds, about the only thing I am pretty upbeat about, is that I think Klopp, Buvac and Krawietz, seem to know a good player when they see one. I know the Dortmund director (Zorc I think his surname is) had a lot to do with player acquisition, but I think those 3 know what's what too.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4707: Feb 14, 2016 10:58:26 am
      Klopp: Lack of Champions League football won't affect Liverpool FC summer plans
      22:28, 13 FEB 2016
      BY IAN DOYLE
      Reds boss confident he can attract the players he wants to Anfield this summer

Jürgen Klopp is unconcerned a lack of Champions League football could compromise his summer business – and is convinced he can attract the right players to Liverpool.

The Reds boss is already drawing up a list of targets as he aims to bolster a squad currently floundering in the middle reaches of the Premier League.

With a top-four finish unlikely, Champions League qualification is likely to rest on winning the Europa League as Liverpool prepare to resume in the competition against German side Augsburg on Thursday.

And when asked if a failure to earn a place among Europe's elite could affect his plans in the next transfer window, Klopp said: “If a player only wants to come to us to play in the Champions League, short-term ideas are always silly.

“I don't like this. I don't like it when players say 'ah, but you're not in the Champions League'. We want to GET you because we want to play in the Champions League.

“If you don't want to help us, and want to jump on a running train, then go somewhere else.

“You need the right mentality and quality. That's how it is. If there's a player who won't join Liverpool because we don't play in the Champions League or will only join because we're in the Champions League, that's not for us.

Liverpool missed out on Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Alex Teixeira last month
      “Liverpool is a big name in European football and for sure there will be a few players who will say 'I want to play there'... well, until they get another offer from another club with a similar history and more money!

“'But it's 40 miles away from Liverpool so I can live in Manchester and play there and if I want to go to Liverpool I can go there instead'.

“There are a lot of players out there. We have to make the decision. If we can't convince the player then we can't. That's because of other offers or different things.

“I don't care. We will find players.”

Liverpool were priced out of a move for Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Alex Teixeira, with the Ukrainians selling the Brazilian to Chinese side Juangsu Suning for £38million.

Injuries have instead forced Klopp to utilise his current resources, with the likes of youngsters Brad Smith, Kevin Stewart and Cameron Brannagan proving themselves in the first team.

“We've already found players in our own squad,” said the Reds boss.

Liverpool FC striker Daniel Sturridge cannot let his past shadow his future, says Jürgen Klopp

“We have developments in the squad with the young boys, we've seen them play and why shouldn't we give them the minimum of a pre-season?

“And I don't mean a pre-season with the 16 or 17-year-olds with players who haven't shaven in their lives!

“It's nice to have that, but unless he's Michael Owen or Mario Gotze and those kind of players who have played in the Premier League or Bundesliga at 17 or 18, it's difficult.

“Now we have players who are 18, 19, 21 whatever, we want them to take a part in pre-season, look to take their chance. So we've found a few new players in our squad, and while that's really cool that's not for the moment right now. It's for the future.

“I don't want to put too much pressure on their shoulders. We need to find a situation where they feel free enough to show what they can do. Then it's a big joy to follow that path.”
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-lack-champions-league-football-10886235

Mmmm.... not too sure about this from Jürgen
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #4708: Feb 14, 2016 11:26:30 am
      They care about it now alright yeah. Before it, our season was finished, and the players took the day off. That scoreline would have never happened if there was something to play for, guaranteed.

Plenty of sides have gone to Stoke since and lost. Some have been really humiliated and only lost 2-0.

No our season wasn't finished because we still had a game to play. And there was plenty to F***ing play for, they were representing Liverpool Football Club which in itself is something to play for. There were thousands of travelling Liverpool fans there, who deserved the players to put in the F***ing effort. Not every Liverpool fan is a glory hunting c**t like you, where they only care if they think there's something meaningfully on the line. Most Liverpool fans actually care about every game because any game for their beloved Reds is meaningful enough for them to care.

If the players couldn't give a sh*t, then they shouldn't be a Liverpool player.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4709: Feb 14, 2016 11:34:43 am
      Klopp: Lack of Champions League football won't affect Liverpool FC summer plans
      22:28, 13 FEB 2016
      BY IAN DOYLE
      Reds boss confident he can attract the players he wants to Anfield this summer

Jürgen Klopp is unconcerned a lack of Champions League football could compromise his summer business – and is convinced he can attract the right players to Liverpool.

The Reds boss is already drawing up a list of targets as he aims to bolster a squad currently floundering in the middle reaches of the Premier League.

With a top-four finish unlikely, Champions League qualification is likely to rest on winning the Europa League as Liverpool prepare to resume in the competition against German side Augsburg on Thursday.

And when asked if a failure to earn a place among Europe's elite could affect his plans in the next transfer window, Klopp said: “If a player only wants to come to us to play in the Champions League, short-term ideas are always silly.

“I don't like this. I don't like it when players say 'ah, but you're not in the Champions League'. We want to GET you because we want to play in the Champions League.

“If you don't want to help us, and want to jump on a running train, then go somewhere else.

“You need the right mentality and quality. That's how it is. If there's a player who won't join Liverpool because we don't play in the Champions League or will only join because we're in the Champions League, that's not for us.

Liverpool missed out on Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Alex Teixeira last month
      “Liverpool is a big name in European football and for sure there will be a few players who will say 'I want to play there'... well, until they get another offer from another club with a similar history and more money!

“'But it's 40 miles away from Liverpool so I can live in Manchester and play there and if I want to go to Liverpool I can go there instead'.

“There are a lot of players out there. We have to make the decision. If we can't convince the player then we can't. That's because of other offers or different things.

“I don't care. We will find players.”

Liverpool were priced out of a move for Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Alex Teixeira, with the Ukrainians selling the Brazilian to Chinese side Juangsu Suning for £38million.

Injuries have instead forced Klopp to utilise his current resources, with the likes of youngsters Brad Smith, Kevin Stewart and Cameron Brannagan proving themselves in the first team.

“We've already found players in our own squad,” said the Reds boss.

Liverpool FC striker Daniel Sturridge cannot let his past shadow his future, says Jürgen Klopp

“We have developments in the squad with the young boys, we've seen them play and why shouldn't we give them the minimum of a pre-season?

“And I don't mean a pre-season with the 16 or 17-year-olds with players who haven't shaven in their lives!

“It's nice to have that, but unless he's Michael Owen or Mario Gotze and those kind of players who have played in the Premier League or Bundesliga at 17 or 18, it's difficult.

“Now we have players who are 18, 19, 21 whatever, we want them to take a part in pre-season, look to take their chance. So we've found a few new players in our squad, and while that's really cool that's not for the moment right now. It's for the future.

“I don't want to put too much pressure on their shoulders. We need to find a situation where they feel free enough to show what they can do. Then it's a big joy to follow that path.”
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-lack-champions-league-football-10886235

Mmmm.... not too sure about this from Jürgen

What are you unsure about Saint?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4710: Feb 14, 2016 11:51:29 am
      What are you unsure about Saint?

He is basically saying the same things that we have heard before, that we won't fight for players.

I believe one of the main reasons agents use Liverpool as a lever to publicise their clients availability so often is because they know our name and policy won't frighten big clubs off... they all F***ing know we will run a mile if it comes to a bidding war.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #4711: Feb 14, 2016 12:12:50 pm
      He is basically saying the same things that we have heard before, that we won't fight for players.

I believe one of the main reasons agents use Liverpool as a lever to publicise their clients availability so often is because they know our name and policy won't frighten big clubs off... they all F***ing know we will run a mile if it comes to a bidding war.

But isn't that why we hires Jürgen mate?

Hire one of the beat coaches in Europe to try and use that as an advantage.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4712: Feb 14, 2016 12:16:14 pm

As far as I am concerned we hired Jürgen to win things with us, nothing else.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4713: Feb 14, 2016 12:44:20 pm

As far as I am concerned we hired Jürgen to win things with us, nothing else.

Don't the two go hand in hand though? 

I certainly don't see them as being mutually exclusive of each other because even the best of players need coaching and developing to become what we need them to be.  Those who desire to learn will learn something from every coach they work with, they are never really the finished article, even after they peak. 

Look at Stevie in the 13/14 season, yes his legs had gone but he still had to learn the role, he could have just pissed about at training not listening and not interested in something new, thinking why the F**k should I at my stage of career. 

I think Jürgen likes learners, no matter their experience, age etc.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4714: Feb 14, 2016 01:02:24 pm
      the way I see it now is thanks to Leicester we know this game is not all about money its about players and attitude. Its about not just a players ability to kick a ball its about the right type of person one who is willing to work harder than anyone else to win.
      Add some winners to this team with Jürgen at the helm and things will change for the better. 

Quick Reply