Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529218 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #575: Oct 09, 2015 10:02:38 pm
      The charisma oozes out his pores Steve , If that doesn't rub off the team then nothing will . I have a great feeling about him something i didn't have for a long time .

I think you're in a long queue of like minded people on here tonight mate, the next 8 days are going drag like hell waiting for his managerial debut for us !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #576: Oct 09, 2015 10:04:16 pm
      Is calling Roy Hodgson an Owl faced senile old C**t disrespectful ?

No I'd call that correct
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #577: Oct 09, 2015 10:21:00 pm
      This is the best day since Kenny was reappointed manager in 2011. I don't know what it is, but this man has got me buzzing.

He oozes charisma, yet he carries with him a great humility.

Emotional Full Throttle Football.

An extension of his personality.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This man is boss!

So F***ing happy today!

Welcome to the Kop.

Jürgen Klopp.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #578: Oct 09, 2015 10:24:17 pm
      I haven't met anyone yet who isn't buzzing over this!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #579: Oct 09, 2015 10:24:44 pm
      I for one think we should have stuck with Roy Hodgson, he would have got us there eventually I'm sure of that , WTF am I dreaming, get in there Jürgen and return us to glory.

Really feeling positive about this for the first time in years, lets get back on the perch where we belong right at the top.

Lets make Anfield a place where teams sh*t themselves when they come to play us, and think if they score they have done well. Ok will calm down now, and be sensible, its going to take time, but we have at last got some kind of a future and I for one am feeling a tad optimistic.

Get in there fellow Reds, lets get going with the Klopp machine !!!!!!!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #580: Oct 09, 2015 10:31:22 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #581: Oct 09, 2015 10:35:54 pm
      Liverpool chairman confirms club had long admired new manager Jürgen Klopp
      Liverpool’s capture of Jürgen Klopp ended a four-year Anfield pursuit of the German coach, with chairman Tom Werner confirming the club’s long-term admiration for his talents.

Klopp has been seen as Fenway Sports Group’s prototype coach for a while, and every utterance during his Anfield unveiling confirmed the perfect philosophical match.

He was first touted for the Liverpool job when Roy Hodgson left in 2011, and again when Brendan Rodgers was appointed in 2012. On both occasions he immediately committed his future to Dortmund, but admitted on Thursday he always dreamed of coaching Liverpool.

“We have thought about him for a long time and everyone who knows football knows he is an outstanding manager,” said Werner.

“Obviously he motivates players and when we spoke to him we saw there was a great connection between his vision and what we want to do moving forward. It is very attractive, attacking football and he has said today that he doesn’t want to put too much expectation on the near future but we all expect the players are going to respond to him.”

In Rodgers, Liverpool opted for a strategy of an up-and-coming coach. In Klopp they have a proven, world class manager.

“I don’t want to talk too much about the past. I thought Brendan’s comments at the end were very classy and we have a lot of respect for Brendan,” said Werner.

“When we appointed Brendan we thought he was going to be the right manager for Liverpool.

“We gave Brendan an opportunity to see if we could improve this season. There was some very good football last season and some not so good football. There were some challenges that dealt with injuries and we brought in some new players that Brendan recommended that we thought would take us forward. We are where we are. Brendan is an outstanding manager and we decided to move in a different direction and I am very optimistic.

“Obviously we have a challenge this season and Jürgen said it right. None of the supporters are satisfied with our position right now and we believe that Jürgen is the right manager to take us forward. As you all know we came into this situation with great ambition and I would rather focus on the future.”

Fenway Sports Group mark their fifth anniversary owning Liverpool this month. It has been a mixed period, but with Klopp on board and the new Main Stand taking shape, an infrastructure is in place for success.

“We have obviously had some great moments in the five years and came very close to winning the league two years ago,” said Werner. “Nobody is satisfied today with our position and as owners we are not gong to put undue pressure on Jürgen. He knows that there are great expectations and when we look at the time line I think we have made some improvements. We all know the challenge that we saw when we came into the club five years ago and I think we are proud when we walked into the stadium today and we showed Jürgen the new main stand that is being constructed. Until we win more trophies we won't be satisfied.

“Our track record is to encourage stability. There have been more managers than we hoped but I hope Jürgen will be here for a very long time.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11923088/Liverpool-chairman-confirms-club-had-long-admired-new-manager-Jürgen-Klopp.html

Good things come to those who wait?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #582: Oct 09, 2015 10:37:27 pm
      I have just downloaded the full press conference on the Sly Planner. Now i normally download in SD as it is quicker but i would feel it disrespectful to download Klopp in anything but HD.

This is going to be one hell of a ride, he is going to rip the from book to shreds!!!

Any player who won't be inspired by this man shouldn't be kicking a ball.

My house is F***ing bouncing tonight!!!!

KLOPPITES!!!!!   :kop5cf8koxp6:   :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :oranje: :oranje: :oranje: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #583: Oct 09, 2015 10:47:24 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #584: Oct 09, 2015 10:48:01 pm
      Liverpool chairman confirms club had long admired new manager Jürgen Klopp
      Liverpool’s capture of Jürgen Klopp ended a four-year Anfield pursuit of the German coach, with chairman Tom Werner confirming the club’s long-term admiration for his talents.

Klopp has been seen as Fenway Sports Group’s prototype coach for a while, and every utterance during his Anfield unveiling confirmed the perfect philosophical match.

He was first touted for the Liverpool job when Roy Hodgson left in 2011, and again when Brendan Rodgers was appointed in 2012. On both occasions he immediately committed his future to Dortmund, but admitted on Thursday he always dreamed of coaching Liverpool.

“We have thought about him for a long time and everyone who knows football knows he is an outstanding manager,” said Werner.

“Obviously he motivates players and when we spoke to him we saw there was a great connection between his vision and what we want to do moving forward. It is very attractive, attacking football and he has said today that he doesn’t want to put too much expectation on the near future but we all expect the players are going to respond to him.”

In Rodgers, Liverpool opted for a strategy of an up-and-coming coach. In Klopp they have a proven, world class manager.

“I don’t want to talk too much about the past. I thought Brendan’s comments at the end were very classy and we have a lot of respect for Brendan,” said Werner.

“When we appointed Brendan we thought he was going to be the right manager for Liverpool.

“We gave Brendan an opportunity to see if we could improve this season. There was some very good football last season and some not so good football. There were some challenges that dealt with injuries and we brought in some new players that Brendan recommended that we thought would take us forward. We are where we are. Brendan is an outstanding manager and we decided to move in a different direction and I am very optimistic.

“Obviously we have a challenge this season and Jürgen said it right. None of the supporters are satisfied with our position right now and we believe that Jürgen is the right manager to take us forward. As you all know we came into this situation with great ambition and I would rather focus on the future.”

Fenway Sports Group mark their fifth anniversary owning Liverpool this month. It has been a mixed period, but with Klopp on board and the new Main Stand taking shape, an infrastructure is in place for success.

“We have obviously had some great moments in the five years and came very close to winning the league two years ago,” said Werner. “Nobody is satisfied today with our position and as owners we are not gong to put undue pressure on Jürgen. He knows that there are great expectations and when we look at the time line I think we have made some improvements. We all know the challenge that we saw when we came into the club five years ago and I think we are proud when we walked into the stadium today and we showed Jürgen the new main stand that is being constructed. Until we win more trophies we won't be satisfied.

“Our track record is to encourage stability. There have been more managers than we hoped but I hope Jürgen will be here for a very long time.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11923088/Liverpool-chairman-confirms-club-had-long-admired-new-manager-Jürgen-Klopp.html

Good things come to those who wait?

Ha ha must look above before posting shitty little tweets.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #585: Oct 09, 2015 10:48:52 pm
      Ha ha must look above before posting shitty little tweets.

Hah I was afraid somebody had already posted the story myself! :laugh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #586: Oct 09, 2015 10:51:32 pm
      I haven't met anyone yet who isn't buzzing over this!

Theres some chap down in Marbella ...
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #587: Oct 09, 2015 11:08:53 pm
      What a shame that we are in an international break. I just want match day under Klopp to come quicker.

John Lennon said that the Beatles were bigger than God or something similar    I think Klopp might just be bigger than the Beatles !!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      Reply #588: Oct 09, 2015 11:13:23 pm

John Lennon said that the Beatles were bigger than God or something similar    I think Klopp might just be bigger than the Beatles !!!

Steady on
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2015 11:54:45 pm by JD »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #589: Oct 09, 2015 11:28:58 pm
      LFCTS ‏@LFCTS  30m30 minutes ago
      Barrett - Klopp watched Benteke at Dortmund but did not pursue his interest because the forward appearing unsuited to pressing and harassing

Interesting, that makes more sense to me and fits much better with the stories of Brendan wanting Benteke and the TC wanting Firmino. Benteke was the one that just didn't seem to add up to me when Klopp was mentioned in terms of possibly signing him. Firmino bought at the behest of Jürgen then and Benteke at Brendan, certainly seems some logic behind that.

So intrigued with how he starts, could be some bruised egos to begin with, I actually think Benteke seems the type to take it on the chin. Certainly come across like a nice guy so far, Milner I'm less convinced. Seems more the type that would say fine to your face and then F**k that guy when walking away, could be wrong but the impression I get.

Sturridge is the one I am most intrigued about, Klopp could be the absolute making of him if he decides to listen. He could turn him from 2nd best striker in the league to world beater (injury permitting). Lucas is interesting because I think Klopp will love him on so many levels but the stamina just may prove to be a stumbling block too far for our lovable DM. Who knows though, Lucas has surprised us on so many occasions and as Jürgen said when you're a friend of his then he's extremely loyal, Lucas is exactly the type to give 100%.

Love the excitement and intrigue this has created, the mystery instead of the predictable, the second guessing because he just might do absolutely anything, so much fun!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #590: Oct 09, 2015 11:43:42 pm
      LFCTS ‏@LFCTS  30m30 minutes ago
      Barrett - Klopp watched Benteke at Dortmund but did not pursue his interest because the forward appearing unsuited to pressing and harassing

Interesting, that makes more sense to me and fits much better with the stories of Brendan wanting Benteke and the TC wanting Firmino. Benteke was the one that just didn't seem to add up to me when Klopp was mentioned in terms of possibly signing him. Firmino bought at the behest of Jürgen then and Benteke at Brendan, certainly seems some logic behind that.

So intrigued with how he starts, could be some bruised egos to begin with, I actually think Benteke seems the type to take it on the chin. Certainly come across like a nice guy so far, Milner I'm less convinced. Seems more the type that would say fine to your face and then F**k that guy when walking away, could be wrong but the impression I get.

Sturridge is the one I am most intrigued about, Klopp could be the absolute making of him if he decides to listen. He could turn him from 2nd best striker in the league to world beater (injury permitting). Lucas is interesting because I think Klopp will love him on so many levels but the stamina just may prove to be a stumbling block too far for our lovable DM. Who knows though, Lucas has surprised us on so many occasions and as Jürgen said when you're a friend of his then he's extremely loyal, Lucas is exactly the type to give 100%.

Love the excitement and intrigue this has created, the mystery instead of the predictable, the second guessing because he just might do absolutely anything, so much fun!

Agree on Lucas mate. He has many attributes that I think Klopp will admire but I really think his legs won't keep up with Klopp's style if it is how he played at Dortmund.

For me I think it's a Can/Hendo in midfield for Klopp.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #591: Oct 09, 2015 11:58:05 pm
      Klopp would have loved Suárez. He's going to hate half our current side.

Henderson Moreno Ings should be allright.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #592: Oct 09, 2015 11:58:38 pm
      Agree on Lucas mate. He has many attributes that I think Klopp will admire but I really think his legs won't keep up with Klopp's style if it is how he played at Dortmund.

For me I think it's a Can/Hendo in midfield for Klopp.

Do you think Can is right though? Long term I can't see him making that position his own, one further forward then sure but deepest with Hendo I think the defensive stability they offer isn't strong enough.

That's what makes me think Lucas may just get this season to prove himself and as we know, with games, Lucas' stamina levels do increase (not Hendo levels of course).

Very interesting and exciting times.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #593: Oct 10, 2015 12:00:39 am
      Someone rip Barretts article off The Times. He gave a second interview apparently.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #594: Oct 10, 2015 12:01:14 am
      Do you think Can is right though? Long term I can't see him making that position his own, one further forward then sure but deepest with Hendo I think the defensive stability they offer isn't strong enough.

That's what makes me think Lucas may just get this season to prove himself and as we know, with games, Lucas' stamina levels do increase (not Hendo levels of course).

Very interesting and exciting times.

I think he'll try and mould Can into one of his '2' in midfield Luke. I don't see Emre in the '3' behind the striker at all if we look at a 'traditional' Klopp 4-2-3-1.

I've posted a bit about it in the tactics thread.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #595: Oct 10, 2015 12:01:47 am
      I think the defensive stability they offer isn't strong enough.

I'm assuming the stability comes through quickly closing down.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      Reply #596: Oct 10, 2015 12:02:06 am
      Sorry lads but my intrigue will be in who he pairs as his centre halfs. After that barring injury who goes up top benteke or Sturridge

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #597: Oct 10, 2015 12:03:23 am
      I think he'll try and mould Can into one of his '2' in midfield Luke. I don't see Emre in the '3' behind the striker at all if we look at a 'traditional' Klopp 4-2-3-1.

I've posted a bit about it in the tactics thread.

Fair enough mate, I know Jürgen has played many variations of the 4231 / 433 / 5321 so there's definitely the option for it. He's much more likely to mould his formation around the squad than Brendan was in my opinion.

Can for me is one that I just struggle giving too much defensive responsibility.

I'm assuming the stability comes through quickly closing down.

That's true mate, but in such systems I always feel that the DM are actually the most crucial. When the first wave goes on the high press the people most exposed and with the most difficult decisions tend to be those left in the middle and in the 4231 that we seem to be expecting that would of course be Hendo and Can. Are they up to the task, I think Hendo is and Can is a big question mark.

Quick Reply