Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529902 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #8533: Jul 18, 2016 08:43:23 am
      Seems there are a few well respected contributers on here who are lacking faith with Jürgen and his charges,
      Prior to October last year we as a club were going nowhere, Brendan had lost the dressing room along with his senses, lets for a second or two remind ourselves just how we were all feeling at the time and ask yourselves this, considering Brendan's round holes in square pegs bollocks, would you think that we would have reached two major finals and took on and beaten most of our rivals, or at the very least competed on a level keel, me thinks not, not when we had a group of players no longer believing the manager, or his ideas,

Some of you go on and on about how we haven't as yet signed a major player or that we are simply not good enough to compete because the big boys are spending big, well again, just let's remind ourselves that a team of players who were almost relegated the previous season won the f***in league, ah but, I hear you say that was a one off and the only reason the won was because the main protagonists were basically sh*te,

Well, they still had to f***in win it didn't they? ' you can only beat who's put in front of you' well yes you can and Leicester city only lost 3 matches the whole season, all with the same group of players they were almost sunk the season before,

So then are you saying that despite we having a pretty decent season apart from finishing 8th, that we are not good enough this season to be competitive enough for us to be right up there, yes with the big boys and their big signings, with your Leicester city's , with your West Ham and their shiny new stadium, with your re-hashed chavs, and your Maureen & the Munts circus, not forgetting the seasonal  underachievers from the Emirates , the white hart lane bottlers, and last but not least Pep and his camel jockey sponsored Abu Dhabi Utd,

F**kin may as well pack it all in then eh?

It's quite incredible that less than 3 months after our destroying of a very good BvB, a decent Villarreal side, and then capitulating against a double Europa league champion side, that the belief we had in our team has suddenly went to sh*t, because we haven't been as competitive in the transfer market, to-date,

Yet we have strengthened in the areas where we were weakest, and we will have had a full pre-season with Jürgen and his team, he has brought in highly respected fitness experts and nutritionist form Bayern Munich, to help condition the players, so as they will when full fit be at their optimum, we have less games this season which will be to a distinct advantage over those who will be in and among us,

Yet some of you don't think we will be better than a 6th place finish, Behave !

We are much better than that, much better,  are we going to win it, ? Yes we f***in are , and why the f**k not, if your Leicester f***in city can do it  well so can we.

' From Doubters to Believers, I wonder, who did say that ??

YNWA

Good post mate, let's just say I disagree and leave it at that.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #8534: Jul 18, 2016 10:33:50 am
      Good post mate, let's just say I disagree and leave it at that.

As much as i'd like to agree with it I can't, in fact tbh I simply don't know or have any inclination re. how we'll fare so it would be silly to say either way.

What I do find amusing though, is, those who are happy with the signings now (or trying to dress things up for others who aren't quite as convinced) are the same people who weren't happy with the type of players TPM brought in, or the fact he wasn't able to draw big signings in because of his name/pull. Now, we're allowed to carry on buying from Southampton without so much of a blink of an eye, buy young unknowns from E. Europe and the narrative has done a hypocritical 180 degrees with the rallying of the Reds.

It is amusing as said.  8)

But like I said, I can only give my opinion on this side/team/squad once I've seen them start the new campaign proper and thus will reserve critique or one-eyed optimism until then.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #8535: Jul 18, 2016 11:30:19 am
      A great read from the excellent Tomkins

https://twitter.com/paul_tomkins/status/754728438188171269
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8536: Jul 18, 2016 12:08:02 pm
      Each to their own and all that but Tompkins does my nut in. If we got relegated he'd do a four page article trying to convince everyone it was part of a grand plan.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8537: Jul 18, 2016 12:29:51 pm
      As much as i'd like to agree with it I can't, in fact tbh I simply don't know or have any inclination re. how we'll fare so it would be silly to say either way.

What I do find amusing though, is, those who are happy with the signings now (or trying to dress things up for others who aren't quite as convinced) are the same people who weren't happy with the type of players TPM brought in, or the fact he wasn't able to draw big signings in because of his name/pull. Now, we're allowed to carry on buying from Southampton without so much of a blink of an eye, buy young unknowns from E. Europe and the narrative has done a hypocritical 180 degrees with the rallying of the Reds.

But like I said, I can only give my opinion on this side/team/squad once I've seen them start the new campaign proper and thus will reserve critique or one-eyed optimism until then.

I assume then that you belong in the doubters camp then mate, and you don't think that Jürgen Klopp has gotten more out of the TPM players than TPM did himself,
      or that he,Jürgen instilled a belief in those players that they were capable of competing with those who are deemed much better than what we are, much better equipped than what we are, and finished much higher in the league than what we did,
      You don't believe that this mad German can take our club forward by adding his own kind of players to a already efficient and effective group of players who had reached two major cup finals within 7 months of taking over,

He himself has said that we do not need your big money signings to achieve success, he Prefers to build his successful sides by using what is already there and adding pieces of the jigsaw as he goes,

This is his tried and tested method of building winning teams,  if you or anyone else doesn't believe that then that's fine,

So what he buys players from Southampton, so what he buys E European unknowns, do you think he just waggles his finger over a map blindfolded and chooses a player from where his finger lands on?

He obviously knows something about the unknowns something that you or I don't, he has a wealth of knowledge of players from all over the place,
      Your trouble is that you want instant success and expect marquee signings everytime a transfer window opens,
      You don't believe a club such as ours can find success without Spunking f***in billions hand over fist in the hope we might just compete with those who have the resources to do so,

We'll we f***in can't, so get over it, we have to find other ways to compete and thats to gel a squad of players singing from the same songsheet, having the same beliefs, being together as a unit, hunting down the same goal,

Leicester City did it, Wales did it, and so did Portugal,

So give me a bona fide reason why our club cannot do the same,  you can't because you don't believe we can and you doubt anything that our manager is capable of,
      This is the attitude that has given us mediocrity and will continue to do so, unless of course we change things, change the way we have being doing things,  change the way the club spunks money season after season and not moving forward,
      We are changing, and changing for the better, it's early days but it's happening,
      Get used to it and start believing!!

YNWA

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #8538: Jul 18, 2016 12:36:31 pm
      Each to their own and all that but Tompkins does my nut in. If we got relegated he'd do a four page article trying to convince everyone it was part of a grand plan.

Yeah I find that with people I don't agree with.  :D

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #8539: Jul 18, 2016 12:54:25 pm

I assume then that you belong in the doubters camp then mate, and you don't think that Jürgen Klopp has gotten more out of the TPM players than TPM did himself,
      or that he,Jürgen instilled a belief in those players that they were capable of competing with those who are deemed much better than what we are, much better equipped than what we are, and finished much higher in the league than what we did,
      You don't believe that this mad German can take our club forward by adding his own kind of players to a already efficient and effective group of players who had reached two major cup finals within 7 months of taking over,

He himself has said that we do not need your big money signings to achieve success, he Prefers to build his successful sides by using what is already there and adding pieces of the jigsaw as he goes,

This is his tried and tested method of building winning teams,  if you or anyone else doesn't believe that then that's fine,

So what he buys players from Southampton, so what he buys E European unknowns, do you think he just waggles his finger over a map blindfolded and chooses a player from where his finger lands on?

He obviously knows something about the unknowns something that you or I don't, he has a wealth of knowledge of players from all over the place,
      Your trouble is that you want instant success and expect marquee signings everytime a transfer window opens,
      You don't believe a club such as ours can find success without Spunking f***in billions hand over fist in the hope we might just compete with those who have the resources to do so,

We'll we f***in can't, so get over it, we have to find other ways to compete and thats to gel a squad of players singing from the same songsheet, having the same beliefs, being together as a unit, hunting down the same goal,

Leicester City did it, Wales did it, and so did Portugal,

So give me a bona fide reason why our club cannot do the same,  you can't because you don't believe we can and you doubt anything that our manager is capable of,
      This is the attitude that has given us mediocrity and will continue to do so, unless of course we change things, change the way we have being doing things,  change the way the club spunks money season after season and not moving forward,
      We are changing, and changing for the better, it's early days but it's happening,
      Get used to it and start believing!!

YNWA

Look mate, it's a nice long post and all that but I really didn't say any of what you said I said.

You've clearly missed the point I was 'trying' to make but never mind.

Yes, it is early days and anything can happen that's why I remain open to any possible scenario's playing out which was one of the points I did make previously.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8540: Jul 18, 2016 01:53:22 pm
      Echo article quotes from a Klopp interview in a German magazine just published. It includes the following Jürgen quote I now want to use as my sig:

"Yes, they (rivals) are not known to go shopping at Aldi. As is already a little (clear from) what will happen in the market.  Nevertheless, it is my understanding of football that anyone can be beaten. Therefore, we will see our chance."
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8541: Jul 18, 2016 02:34:15 pm
      Echo article quotes from a Klopp interview in a German magazine just published. It includes the following Jürgen quote I now want to use as my sig:

"Yes, they (rivals) are not known to go shopping at Aldi. As is already a little (clear from) what will happen in the market.  Nevertheless, it is my understanding of football that anyone can be beaten. Therefore, we will see our chance."

There's some great quotes in that article.

"Anyone who has played four good games here, may live long eat free here. The city is completely insane in dealing with their former players.”

Asked if his new contract meant his relationship with Liverpool was “true love”, he was unequivocal: “Obviously”

In terms of the club ownership, Klopp said there was no problem that Fenway Sports Group were based in Boston rather than close to hand like the situations he had in Dortmund and Mainz, joking: “It extends my working day, if only because of the time difference. If Mike Gordon, president of FSG, is awake, I am with my work normally (laughs) already through.”

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #8542: Jul 18, 2016 03:31:45 pm
      Going go Make history with this club...so gets us.

https://twitter.com/viktorfagerlfc/status/755043204072898561
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8543: Jul 18, 2016 04:13:51 pm
      :D

Let's get Balotelli involved and give it a ball bag.

;D. I must be extra-thick today. I read this a couple of times and kept thinking about a player taking a bag of balls after training to work on free kicks or something. THEN I realized what you were saying.  :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8544: Jul 18, 2016 04:35:33 pm
      A couple of other things after reading through the rest of the thread:

1. We should all remember that everyone on here, everyone - wants LFC to do well. That we have differing ideas on the right formula or ingredients to make that happen shouldn't be surprising. It's human nature and, frankly, the site would be kind of boring if every post after every opening post said "Yeah!" or "Me too!" Call me touchy-feely but I feel badly when I see Reds getting cross with each other. If I want that I can just go home....(who said that?) :roll:

2. This may be for another thread, but so much of this debate about how to build a winner touches on the issue of agents and their out-of-proportion influence on the personnel decisions in the game today. The cycle of big-money transfers with clubs cross-pollenating one another and filling agents' pockets can be so contrary to the spirit of true competition, where the best athletes, football players and decision-makers combine to succeed. I think Klopp (and I suppose FSG) are trying to beat that system as a means of getting us to the very top. Plausible?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8545: Jul 18, 2016 05:32:05 pm
      Look mate, it's a nice long post and all that but I really didn't say any of what you said I said.

You've clearly missed the point I was 'trying' to make but never mind.

Yes, it is early days and anything can happen that's why I remain open to any possible scenario's playing out which was one of the points I did make previously.

So what is the point your trying to make,cos from my view its not one of believing in Jürgen's grand plan, you don't come across as someone getting behind the manager and what he's starting to do,
      If anything it's negative bullshit,
      So you believe in what you believe in fella, and we'll just leave it right there ok?

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8546: Jul 18, 2016 06:10:40 pm

For me when blind faith is the only best argument for us having a great season I prefer to just move on mate. I don't believe in religion or religious fervor.

I still hope we will bring in the players we need but I'm not going to pretend that I think we have done enough so far to improve us by the 20 to 30 points we need.

I am still in optimistic mode, but my optimism is based on us bringing in the quality players that will make a difference rather than shutting my eyes and hoping Klopp's magic wand will make the difference.

There is a reason we finished 8th last season and in my opinion there will be a reason if we challenge for the title this season and for me it is more to do with the quality of the players on the pitch.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8547: Jul 18, 2016 06:43:20 pm
      My point was this is his choice which he's clearly happy with or he wouldn't be here.  It's the fans who have the problem with it.

Indeed Deborah and we got to hope against hope that (Lord forbid, should things go tits up) the same treacherous fans who turned on TPM, in a F***ing heartbeat, don't do the same with Jürgen... But you just know they will; don't you?

It's an indictment of human nature that we can so readily ditch previously hard held opinions so readily.

I have high hopes for Jürgen... high, high, hopes.

How could I not after reading so many posts from 'experts' who obviously know him and his methods so well?  :lmao:

Joking aside tho' - the fact that these Jürgen 'experts' have been so F***ing wide of the mark, regarding 'ready-made', has encouraged me no end.  8)

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8548: Jul 18, 2016 07:08:01 pm
      Indeed Deborah and we got to hope against hope that (Lord forbid, should things go tits up) the same treacherous fans who turned on TPM, in a f**king heartbeat, don't do the same with Jürgen... But you just know they will; don't you?

It's an indictment of human nature that we can so readily ditch previously hard held opinions so readily.

How could I not after reading so many posts from 'experts' who obviously know him and his methods so well?  :lmao:

Joking aside tho' - the fact that these Jürgen 'experts' have been so f**king wide of the mark, regarding 'ready-made', has encouraged me no end.  8)

One big difference .
      The TPM was an out of his depth, naive , egotistical,  fraudulent imposter.

JK is the real thing and has proved it.

------------------------------------

Is it Sunday ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8549: Jul 18, 2016 07:20:09 pm
      The TPM was an out of his depth, naive , egotistical,  fraudulent imposter.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, good to see it's already happened for you with Brendan.

:)

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8550: Jul 18, 2016 07:24:15 pm
      Absence makes the heart grow fonder, good to see it's already happened for you with Brendan.

:)

My second team have become the Gibraltar Imps ,  Saint.
       ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #8551: Jul 18, 2016 07:32:14 pm
      My second team have become the Gibraltar Imps ,  Saint.
       ;D

:lmao:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8552: Jul 18, 2016 07:38:04 pm
      Indeed Deborah and we got to hope against hope that (Lord forbid, should things go tits up) the same treacherous fans who turned on TPM, in a F***ing heartbeat, don't do the same with Jürgen... But you just know they will; don't you?

Joking aside tho' - the fact that these Jürgen 'experts' have been so F***ing wide of the mark, regarding 'ready-made', has encouraged me no end.  8)

What is it with my full name all of a sudden, I ditched that in primary school  :mad:

Where's that bloody Skip fella - you have a lot to answer for opening pandoras box like that, even if I am a married woman  >:D

Nice to know you're being educated anyway mate  :gt-happyup:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #8553: Jul 18, 2016 09:01:01 pm
      Seems there are a few well respected contributers on here who are lacking faith with Jürgen and his charges,
      Prior to October last year we as a club were going nowhere, Brendan had lost the dressing room along with his senses, lets for a second or two remind ourselves just how we were all feeling at the time and ask yourselves this, considering Brendan's round holes in square pegs bollocks, would you think that we would have reached two major finals and took on and beaten most of our rivals, or at the very least competed on a level keel, me thinks not, not when we had a group of players no longer believing the manager, or his ideas,

Some of you go on and on about how we haven't as yet signed a major player or that we are simply not good enough to compete because the big boys are spending big, well again, just let's remind ourselves that a team of players who were almost relegated the previous season won the f***in league, ah but, I hear you say that was a one off and the only reason the won was because the main protagonists were basically sh*te,

Well, they still had to f***in win it didn't they? ' you can only beat who's put in front of you' well yes you can and Leicester city only lost 3 matches the whole season, all with the same group of players they were almost sunk the season before,

So then are you saying that despite we having a pretty decent season apart from finishing 8th, that we are not good enough this season to be competitive enough for us to be right up there, yes with the big boys and their big signings, with your Leicester city's , with your West Ham and their shiny new stadium, with your re-hashed chavs, and your Maureen & the Munts circus, not forgetting the seasonal  underachievers from the Emirates , the white hart lane bottlers, and last but not least Pep and his camel jockey sponsored Abu Dhabi Utd,

F**kin may as well pack it all in then eh?

It's quite incredible that less than 3 months after our destroying of a very good BvB, a decent Villarreal side, and then capitulating against a double Europa league champion side, that the belief we had in our team has suddenly went to sh*t, because we haven't been as competitive in the transfer market, to-date,

Yet we have strengthened in the areas where we were weakest, and we will have had a full pre-season with Jürgen and his team, he has brought in highly respected fitness experts and nutritionist form Bayern Munich, to help condition the players, so as they will when full fit be at their optimum, we have less games this season which will be to a distinct advantage over those who will be in and among us,

Yet some of you don't think we will be better than a 6th place finish, Behave !

We are much better than that, much better,  are we going to win it, ? Yes we f***in are , and why the f**k not, if your Leicester f***in city can do it  well so can we.

' From Doubters to Believers, I wonder, who did say that ??

YNWA

It's a really good post Billy, bullish, optimistic and some REAL fighting talk plus a lot of points well made. Certainly for myself, it isn't about doubting the manager, I think he is fantastic and his record speaks for itself BUT I think the doubts people are having are based largely around the following:

- The three clubs with the biggest resources are licking their wounds and will be much improved next season. Mourinho and Guardiola and Conte will maybe take a little time to bed in but all three are being backed to the hilt in the market and will be right up there. The mancs being so poor since Rab C quit has created a bit of a vacuum up at the top but I am certain they will be back challenging for the title this season.

- Leicester's achievement last year was incredible (I still can't quite believe they did it) and I can understand the 'if they can anyone can' attitude but the realist in me says this is a once in 20 years occurrence like Greece winning the Euros.

- Reaching the two cup finals last year was a terrific achievement with this squad and you're right, we did have a good record against the big boys in the league. But against the sides who park the bus or fight dirty or were quite happy to beat the pressing game with longer balls we didn't have the necessary quality (in terms of our defending creating and scoring goals) in the side to get it done.

- The one thing I do struggle with in this debate is the idea that a 'marquee player' is some sort of a dirty word. I mean what is a marquee player? Someone who was shi..t hot last season or for a few seasons? players who are coveted by other clubs and therefore the price is higher and we might have to go head to head to win their signature? Yes please i'd love a couple of those, who wouldn't? The lack of faith you are referring to isn't necessarily a lack of faith in Jürgen it's a lack of faith in FSG. 
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2016 10:03:53 pm by Scottbot »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8554: Jul 18, 2016 09:28:51 pm
      What is it with my full name all of a sudden, I ditched that in primary school  :mad:

Where's that bloody Skip fella - you have a lot to answer for opening pandoras box like that, even if I am a married woman  >:D

Nice to know you're being educated anyway mate  :gt-happyup:

I asked if it was a Sunday  ....   ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8555: Jul 18, 2016 09:31:34 pm
      I asked if it was a Sunday  ....   ;D

:P

Quick Reply