Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1549396 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #8556: Jul 18, 2016 10:08:31 pm
      So what is the point your trying to make,cos from my view its not one of believing in Jürgen's grand plan, you don't come across as someone getting behind the manager and what he's starting to do,
      If anything it's negative bullshit,
      So you believe in what you believe in fella, and we'll just leave it right there ok?

YNWA

Again, you've got things arse about face.

If you care to read and comprehend the initial post I made, and digest that little paragraph I wrote you will see the crux of it was aimed at posters (probably including the 12 who + you), not Klopp, re. the signings we've made and trying to convince others who were not so convinced that everything is going to be a bed of roses this coming season. Largely because those unconvinced don't believe we have brought in the sufficient quality to challenge and make a difference - surely that's fair enough?

This is what I find amusing personally, those who are labelled "doubters" and all that sh*te by you and yours weren't exactly happy with the way we bought under TPM - Southampton raids, unknown kids/players and all that jazz; but all of a sudden now the transfer logic is sound! It may well prove to be, I don't know, I hope it will just as I hoped before. This is what I was getting at.

I haven't seen much pre-season myself, and haven't seen many of our new players so I think it would be idiotic of me to comment either way on our chances this season. I know you'd rather have people jump on the 'we're LFC, we're gonna win every game 'cause we have Klopp now' bandwagon without any insight as to what this team actually looks like but I have a mind of my own and am not a sheep who works like this - to appease you and yours. I'll wait and reserve my thoughts if that is okay with you, if you think it's negative and not good enough I couldn't care less.

I think we have a good manager and am excited to see Liverpool get underway this season - are we going to dominate English football again all of a sudden - probably not, I'm just going to take it one-step at a time if that's okay with you - or at least until I have seen the team proper.

Spin it though, and call it negative, you may get some more pluses for it in the meantime.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8557: Jul 18, 2016 11:11:55 pm
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #8558: Jul 19, 2016 06:24:09 am
      It's all well and good doing it on a budget, if it happens every year you'd start to think wow I wonder where all that money is going. Because  Liverpool fc's revenue, earnings - whatever, isn't Leicester level.
          I'd think oh yeah that's quite convenient how all this money "doesn't need to be spent" because Jürgen doesn't mind shopping late in the day in the supermarket when you get those reduced to clear prices or whatever.

But I'm willing to think the structure has changed in such a way as it fits in with what he wants because he wouldn't sign a contract and a new one too if it didn't.
       Sales of players is probably going to cover Mane  (34 mil), Grugic (£5.1 mil) and Karius (£4.7) mill easily if Ibe goes for 15mil, Benteke around 30 mil,  Skrtel 5.5 mil

What I don't get is what happened to the £90,506,139 mil tv money, ticket sales money, and sponsor money, oh and merchandise money!!! is that used to keep the teabags in stock?

Isn't there supposed to be a huge boost in even that massive sum clubs receive this year?

So where is the ambition in the transfer market to match the ambition of our coaches and manager? I'm still not seeing it. Window isn't closed yet n' ll that but.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #8559: Jul 19, 2016 07:01:46 am
      It's all well and good doing it on a budget, if it happens every year you'd start to think wow I wonder where all that money is going. Because  Liverpool fc's revenue, earnings - whatever, isn't Leicester level.
          I'd think oh yeah that's quite convenient how all this money "doesn't need to be spent" because Jürgen doesn't mind shopping late in the day in the supermarket when you get those reduced to clear prices or whatever.

But I'm willing to think the structure has changed in such a way as it fits in with what he wants because he wouldn't sign a contract and a new one too if it didn't.
       Sales of players is probably going to cover Mane  (34 mil), Grugic (£5.1 mil) and Karius (£4.7) mill easily if Ibe goes for 15mil, Benteke around 30 mil,  Skrtel 5.5 mil

What I don't get is what happened to the £90,506,139 mil tv money, ticket sales money, and sponsor money, oh and merchandise money!!! is that used to keep the teabags in stock?

Isn't there supposed to be a huge boost in even that massive sum clubs receive this year?

So where is the ambition in the transfer market to match the ambition of our coaches and manager? I'm still not seeing it. Window isn't closed yet n' ll that but.

It would be nice to see us step out of "Aldi" once in a while, hop on a bus and pop into to Harrods and purchase some top shelf quality.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8560: Jul 19, 2016 09:18:25 am
      Again, you've got things arse about face.

If you care to read and comprehend the initial post I made, and digest that little paragraph I wrote you will see the crux of it was aimed at posters (probably including the 12 who + you), not Klopp, re. the signings we've made and trying to convince others who were not so convinced that everything is going to be a bed of roses this coming season. Largely because those unconvinced don't believe we have brought in the sufficient quality to challenge and make a difference - surely that's fair enough?

This is what I find amusing personally, those who are labelled "doubters" and all that sh*te by you and yours weren't exactly happy with the way we bought under TPM - Southampton raids, unknown kids/players and all that jazz; but all of a sudden now the transfer logic is sound! It may well prove to be, I don't know, I hope it will just as I hoped before. This is what I was getting at.

I haven't seen much pre-season myself, and haven't seen many of our new players so I think it would be idiotic of me to comment either way on our chances this season. I know you'd rather have people jump on the 'we're LFC, we're gonna win every game 'cause we have Klopp now' bandwagon without any insight as to what this team actually looks like but I have a mind of my own and am not a sheep who works like this - to appease you and yours. I'll wait and reserve my thoughts if that is okay with you, if you think it's negative and not good enough I couldn't care less.

I think we have a good manager and am excited to see Liverpool get underway this season - are we going to dominate English football again all of a sudden - probably not, I'm just going to take it one-step at a time if that's okay with you - or at least until I have seen the team proper.

Spin it though, and call it negative, you may get some more pluses for it in the meantime.

Ok mate fairy muff, I see where your coming from, however TPM Southampton signings may not have been flavour of the month acquisitions, and it's fair to say TPM didn't get the best out of them, but I think we can agree that Jürgen has got more from them and therefore made them a better fit, no?

Lallana for example was getting pelters on a regular basis and floated in and out of the first X1,  Lovren similar he was deemed a complete waste of money and spent plenty of time on the bench also, but under Klopp he has improved immeasurably, I think that's fair to say,

Clyne has been more consistent and has been for the most part excellent,

The jury is obviously still to sit in regards to Mane, but I think he will thrive but time will tell,

I do take on board that we are still shopping at aldi rather than Harrods that's fair comment, we would all love to see top names arriving, but maybe just maybe Klopp thinks or feels we don't need to, maybe with a full pre-season and with his players at their optimum he thinks we will be good enough to go the whole nine yards with what he has with added tweaks,

If it doesn't work out he'll soon realise he needs to do more, 
      It might not be popular and it may look as though he's slightly naive but it's his way of doing things so we need trust his judgement,

Ultimately come next May we will know if he's right or wrong,  right now nobody has a f***in scooby how we will fair, but I'm trusting Jürgen to take our club forward, We may not be world beaters this coming season but he's building and learning and he will be a success here, Rome wasn't built and all that, so let's just see what happens in the months ahead.

YNWA
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #8561: Jul 19, 2016 09:27:27 am
      Ok mate fairy muff, I see where your coming from, however TPM Southampton signings may not have been flavour of the month acquisitions, and it's fair to say TPM didn't get the best out of them, but I think we can agree that Jürgen has got more from them and therefore made them a better fit, no?

Lallana for example was getting pelters on a regular basis and floated in and out of the first X1,  Lovren similar he was deemed a complete waste of money and spent plenty of time on the bench also, but under Klopp he has improved immeasurably, I think that's fair to say,

The jury is obviously still to sit in regards to Mane, but I think he will thrive but time will tell,

I do take on board that we are still shopping at aldi rather than Harrods that's fair comment, we would all love to see top names arriving, but maybe just maybe Klopp thinks or feels we don't need to, maybe with a full pre-season and with his players at their optimum he thinks we will be good enough to go the whole nine yards with what he has with added tweaks,

If it doesn't work out he'll soon realise he needs to do more, 
      It might not be popular and it may look as though he's slightly naive but it's his way of doing things so we need trust his judgement,

Ultimately come next May we will know if he's right or wrong,  right now nobody has a f***in scooby how we will fair, but I'm trusting Jürgen to take our club forward, We may not be world beaters this coming season but he's building and learning and he will be a success here, Rome wasn't built and all that, so let's just see what happens in the months ahead.

YNWA

Good post, I agree entirely mate.

And I do agree with you about our previous Southampton acquisitions especially that Klopp has gotten more out of them than Rodgers did. Especially Lovren, he looks a completely different player! And kudos to Klopp for that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      Reply #8562: Jul 19, 2016 09:39:26 am
      Good post, I agree entirely mate.

And I do agree with you about our previous Southampton acquisitions especially that Klopp has gotten more out of them than Rodgers did. Especially Lovren, he looks a completely different player! And kudos to Klopp for that.

Yep, he's a totally different player to what he was, he's a prime example of the influence Klopp has on his players, all of our players improved after a few weeks with Klopp,
      He has brought in that fitness coach and a nutritionist from Bayern, to further enhance his team,  and interestingly he's promoted Pep Ljinders from the Academy,,
      He's surrounded himself with top ppl, ppl he trusts implicitly,

Despite or lack of top signings mate, I'm proper excited, I think we will be good enough to challenge in the top 4 for sure at least.

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8563: Jul 19, 2016 10:00:22 am

Slight change of tack Billy - more of a philosophical question really.

It's hard to argue that the ex Saints players didn't improved under Jürgen and although that improvement may have been down to them settling in better (or a number of other factors); that's not what I'm asking so I'll accept the 'Jürgen effect', for the purpose of debate. I digress...

What I'm actually wondering is; does it matter when individuals improve if the team doesn't?  :confused-smiley-013:

Surely that's the crux of a lot of debate at this time of year; will the new signings improve the team? [By "improve" I mean really "improve" - trophies & titles not three hundredths of a point per game "improve".]

So... yeah... I get and fully understand that Jürgen will be able to wring that bit extra out of players (I said that way back when he was first mooted as manager) but without better players, will that "bit extra" be enough (I asked that way back too).

It's a genuine concern troops - not a F***ing wind up from some cu*ts who don't care.  :-\

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      Reply #8564: Jul 19, 2016 10:14:45 am

It's hard to argue that the ex Saints players didn't improved under Jürgen and although that improvement may have been down to them settling in better (or a number of other factors); that's not what I'm asking so I'll accept the 'Jürgen effect', for the purpose of debate. I digress...

What I'm actually wondering is; does it matter when individuals improve if the team doesn't?  :confused-smiley-013:

Surely that's the crux of a lot of debate at this time of year; will the new signings improve the team? [By "improve" I mean really "improve" - trophies & titles not three hundredths of a point per game "improve".]

So... yeah... I get and fully understand that Jürgen will be able to wring that bit extra out of players (I said that way back when he was first mooted as manager) but without better players, will that "bit extra" be enough (I asked that way back too).

It's a genuine concern troops - not a f**king wind up from some cu*ts who don't care.  :-\

I'm guessing Mouse we're just going to wait and see, it's fair comment those signed thus far are hardly well known world class players,
      Wouldn't that be just great?   Anyhoo, there not and probably won't ever be,but they only need to be good enough to 'improve' Our team,
      Nobody knows for sure, so it's all about trusting our world class manager's judgement and hope he gets it right!

YNWA

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #8565: Jul 19, 2016 10:14:54 am
      What we cant see is what Jürgen saw last season, He has his vision of how a team should look and he does have a good CV for winning.
      I would "like" some bigger name signings but in all honesty I have given up looking at the values of transfers even the names now are largely unknown to me as we trawl Europe and the World for players.
      So I am relaxed as we wait for the season to start and as we see Jürgen's vision start to develop
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8566: Jul 19, 2016 10:17:41 am
      This question of "faith" and "belief" is an interesting one. I have faith and believe that if Jürgen was managing a team on a playing field which was anywhere near even, he's at least the equal of any manager in our league (including Mourinio, Guardiola, Conte, Allardyce 8) etc). If that field was relatively flat and level, I think we'd win the league. That said though, despite him having a beard and his name starting with a "J", Jürgen isn't Jesus Christ and we aren't playing Championship manager. You can't really win the Champions League while managing Accrington Stanley, not in real life. You can't really do the quadruple after getting promoted five seasons on the bounce out of the conference, not in real life anyway. And in my view while all your rivals are buying proven top players, you can't win the league unless you compete in the transfer market. There's faith and there's being a signed up member of a brain washed cult, I have the first but have no desire to join the ranks of the latter.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #8567: Jul 19, 2016 10:29:57 am

It's a genuine concern troops - not a f**king wind up from some cu*ts who don't care.  :-\

I can understand why many would like to see more 'finished' players being bought in.

And in doing so it would eradicate the need (you describe above) for Klopp to wring every last drop out of his players. It would instantly make his workload and job so much easier.

And I think that is the issue, wringing that extra bit out of players isn't realistically going to be enough over the long haul, or improve the team significantly. Which is the concern many may have with us not buying that kind of improvement in the market.

But, it's pertinent to remember, this seem Klopp's choice. He splashed cash on Mane, then declared our rivals don't shop at Aldi. And it almost (even with Klopp in charge) seems a self-for-filling-prophecy that Liverpool FC cannot 'get' these kind of players that will improve us without the need for triple-training-sessions, snapping hamstrings and working overtime to wring out the optimal of just decent players.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #8568: Jul 19, 2016 11:06:18 am
      Again, it appears that our forum needs to be divided into those who are saying trust JK regardless of the lack of "marquee" signings and those who say we wont compete without the marquee signings.

Im in the corner of wait and see. I will wait until the end of the transfer window and then see how the team does in the next 6 months.

I believe that if we look at our squad from last season, our biggest problems were in defence (incl goalkeepers) and then in central midfield.
      So if i look at what JK did thus far in the transfer market, he has brought in a CB, GK and a new CM.
      My opinion on the signings thus far is that while they are definitely encouraging, we are still short of 2 players, a decent LB and a DLPM.

Now to the marquee signings corner, here i agree with you that if we could get a world class DM or DLPM... of which there arent many, it could make a significant impact on our play this season....however, to the trust JK corner, if he gets one of his CM players (Can, Hendo, Milner, Lucas, Allen, Grujic, Brannagan) to improve their game in that position this season, it could also have a great impact on our play.

So who wins and who is right or wrong? Lets be honest, those worrying about marquee players, werent really talking about GK or CB positions...it would be CM or LB (my opinion off course). So lets get the names out there of who are the marquee players in those 2 positions and discuss the possibility of them coming to us and then at who's expense in the team.

Personally i would like Kroos (DLPM) or Fernandino (DM)...but how realistic are they?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8569: Jul 19, 2016 11:09:34 am
      Nobody knows for sure, so it's all about trusting our world class manager's judgement and hope he gets it right!
      Fair enough Billy - I get that but to continue with the "philosophical": you do know that Jürgen (like every manager) has got it 'wrong' more often than he's got it right?  :-\

See it's all good and well trusting someone; even better to say that 'out loud' (in here) it appears but the truth is; the folk, on here, who do that, tend to be first in the queue to turn on the person they say they trust so... "trust" (in here) counts for sweet F**k all in reality.

I actually like the [experience] profile of Jürgen's new signings: for what it's worth I also believe that this indicates a slight change, in one aspect, of FSG policy so I welcome it. Whether or not we will have done enough in the market, come September, will be another thing.

One last thought: If Gotze hadn't have turned us down then he would have been here - Jürgen wanted and courted him.

Jürgen is not averse to signing "big names" - if they want to be here and he has already shown that he'll sign 'ready-made'. Two things which fly in the face of those who keep telling me not to expect either so the truth is; I'm more optimistic knowing that than listening to any self-styled Jürgen experts.  :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #8570: Jul 19, 2016 11:20:34 am

It's a genuine concern troops - not a F***ing wind up from some cu*ts who don't care.  :-\

This is a very good point Mouse.

Klopp wringing that little bit extra out of a Lacazette, for example, should give us greater success than wringing out that little bit extra from a Danny Ings.

No offence intended to Danny in the above paragraph either by the way.
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2016 12:27:13 pm by srslfc »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8571: Jul 19, 2016 11:36:41 am
      This is a very good point Mouse.

Klopp wringing that little bit extra out of a Lacazette, for example, should give us greater success than wringing out that little bit extra from a Danny Ings.

Here's the rub Si; I honestly don't believe that there is one Red (in here) who would turn their nose up at say, Lacazette or Reus... not one so why does anyone take exception when someone declares that they'd like to see Jürgen sign better quality players?

They obviously agree in 'principle' so what is it?  ;)

I've read that it's, somehow unrealistic to expect Jürgen to sign, what he described as, "big names" I'm not sure it is, by the way but if that is indeed the argument then... why is that more unrealistic than expecting Jürgen to win with just a few minor adjustments to Brendan's team?

It makes no sense.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #8572: Jul 19, 2016 11:42:14 am
      Here's the rub Si; I honestly don't believe that there is one Red (in here) who would turn their nose up at say, Lacazette or Reus... not one so why does anyone take exception when someone declares that they'd like to see Jürgen sign better quality players?

They obviously agree in 'principle' so what is it?  ;)

I've read that it's, somehow unrealistic to expect Jürgen to sign, what he described as, "big names" I'm not sure it is, by the way but if that is indeed the argument then... why is that more unrealistic than expecting Jürgen to win with just a few minor adjustments to Brendan's team?

It makes no sense.

Let's be realistic and assume we can't get a Kroos, Modric, Neymar so who are these better quality players than the ones we have signed.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      Reply #8573: Jul 19, 2016 11:44:27 am
      Fair enough Billy - I get that but to continue with the "philosophical": you do know that Jürgen (like every manager) has got it 'wrong' more often than he's got it right?  :-\

See it's all good and well trusting someone; even better to say that 'out loud' (in here) it appears but the truth is; the folk, on here, who do that, tend to be first in the queue to turn on the person they say they trust so... "trust" (in here) counts for sweet f**k all in reality.

I actually like the [experience] profile of Jürgen's new signings: for what it's worth I also believe that this indicates a slight change, in one aspect, of FSG policy so I welcome it. Whether or not we will have done enough in the market, come September, will be another thing.

One last thought: If Gotze hadn't have turned us down then he would have been here - Jürgen wanted and courted him.

Jürgen is not averse to signing "big names" - if they want to be here and he has already shown that he'll sign 'ready-made'. Two things which fly in the face of those who keep telling me not to expect either so the truth is; I'm more optimistic knowing that than listening to any self-styled Jürgen experts.  :laugh:

Could it be that Jürgen may indeed bring a couple of 'Harrods' signings before the window shuts, I doubt it but never say never eh?
      If so tho, they have to want to be here, and they have to fit in with what Jürgen requires,
      I'm thinking now that those who Klopp really wants may not arrive this summer at all,
      Is it possible that Klopp himself realises that 'who he really wants' won't come to us until we have CL footy, now I know he has said he only wants those who are prepared to work with his methods, but managers say lots of stuff and mean something else,

Is that the real reason Gotze said 'Nein'?
      Could well be, and therefore it's possible that other targets said similar,
      Ach I dunno mate, I'm guessing all will come out in the wash by September,

Trust me    ;)

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8574: Jul 19, 2016 12:00:53 pm
      Let's be realistic and assume we can't get a Kroos, Modric, Neymar so who are these better quality players than the ones we have signed.
      Oh dear.

You're not the sharpest tool in the box HSBc; never have been and English comprehension isn't your forte - we get that so it's no real surprise you missed the point of the post [i.e. it makes no sense for any Red not to wish better players on Jürgen or get wound up by anyone who does].  ;)

Listen; I can't be arsed but if you really need to play your childlike, name games then... read the post again.  :laugh:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #8575: Jul 19, 2016 12:09:46 pm
      Oh dear.

You're not the sharpest tool in the box HSBc; never have been and English comprehension isn't your forte - we get that so it's no real surprise you missed the point of the post [i.e. it makes no sense for any Red not to wish better players on Jürgen or get wound up by anyone who does].  ;)

Listen; I can't be arsed but if you really need to play your childlike, name games then... read the post again.  :laugh:

Should have realised the Stephen Hawkins of the forum would put up some insulting sh*te.

You continually put up posts about the quality of our signings, admittedly blaming FSG, so I would have thought with your expertise you would have some suggestions!

There again for someone who goes around praising Fed for the quality of his posts  :-\

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8576: Jul 19, 2016 12:11:09 pm
      Could it be that Jürgen may indeed bring a couple of 'Harrods' signings before the window shuts, I doubt it but never say never eh?
      Given what he said recently [re; attraction of CL] I think he has tried and will try again Billy.

If so tho, they have to want to be here, and they have to fit in with what Jürgen requires,
      I'm thinking now that those who Klopp really wants may not arrive this summer at all,
      Is it possible that Klopp himself realises that 'who he really wants' won't come to us until we have CL foot

See above mate.

And you've hit on a point some folk pretend they can't see - i.e.  a 'big name'/ 'ready made'/ 'marquee'/ 'star' can fit in with what Jürgen requires every bit as easy as one who's 'cheap' and/or 'young'.  ;)

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8577: Jul 19, 2016 12:13:03 pm
      Should have realised the Stephen Hawkins of the forum would put up some insulting sh*te.
      Who the F**k is Stephen Hawkins?  :laugh:

You continually put up posts about the quality of our signings, admittedly blaming FSG, so I would have thought with your expertise you would have some suggestions!

Read the post again you clown... there are two names in it... that's the second time I've told you that btw.  :laugh:

Seriously you can't be that F***ing stupid.  :-\
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #8578: Jul 19, 2016 12:15:43 pm
      Who the f**k is Stephen Hawkins?  :laugh:

Sorry Stephen I spelt your surname wrong.

Quick Reply