Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1549456 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #414: Oct 09, 2015 02:32:13 pm
      Tell you one moment that really made me laugh, he was discussing the owners and said something close to:

"Yeah they're really cool guys, John, Tom and Mike all amazing guys, oh and Ian (Ayre) was there"

How uncomfortable did he look around Jürgen, that personality just shines. Telling the press to back off, saying he's only heard bad things about them and laying down a challenge to them to prove it wrong. Everything, everything was spot on.

Getting the seal of approval from Kenny is just the cherry on the cake, as I said I am now going to ask for odds on us winning the title within 5 years, I suspect after Jürgen saying he'd like to think we'll win one in 4 or he's off to Switzerland they might be lower than I'd hoped.

Buckle up, this is going to be one hell of a ride.

Never mind within 5 years. There's only 6 points to the top of the league. With 30 games left. It is not inconceivable that we COULD win the league this season. However, as optimistic as I now am, I don't see that happening. I am sure we will make a CL place plus a trophy. Not too bad at all. Next season though we're lifting #19. I'd put money on it, and I'm not a betting man.

The Fletcher Memorial
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Reality is hard to find
      Reply #415: Oct 09, 2015 02:34:30 pm
      pfft! 50/1 to win the league this year - free money la!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #416: Oct 09, 2015 02:36:06 pm
      pfft! 50/1 to win the league this year - free money la!

Don't get too ahead of yourself, we'll do well to finish top 4 at the moment.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #417: Oct 09, 2015 02:43:20 pm
      Never mind within 5 years. There's only 6 points to the top of the league. With 30 games left. It is not inconceivable that we COULD win the league this season. However, as optimistic as I now am, I don't see that happening. I am sure we will make a CL place plus a trophy. Not too bad at all. Next season though we're lifting #19. I'd put money on it, and I'm not a betting man.

Listen to what the man said, don't do that.

Enjoy the moment, enjoy the football and believe that things are from this day improving.

Exactly, wanting success right now just piles the pressure on.

I actually believe we can finish in the top 4 this season but if we don't my belief will not wane a single percent. He needs his players, players willing to put their heart and soul into making the fans forget their troubles for that 90 minutes. If winning the league comes with that then all the better but the most important thing is to enjoy the journey.

See a small change against Spurs, recognise and appreciate, don't expect us to suddenly transform that would be the foolish approach.
      The Fletcher Memorial
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Reality is hard to find
      Reply #418: Oct 09, 2015 02:45:21 pm

F**k the "woosh" and give me a "peeowwwn"  :D
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #419: Oct 09, 2015 02:48:18 pm
      Can't wipe this grin of my face. Absolutely over the moon with this move.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #420: Oct 09, 2015 02:48:38 pm
      Good press conference - wears his heart on his sleeve.

Don't know if anyone has posted this but this vid is his top ten celebrations - look forward to seeing the "jump"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KyjMx4uV8
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #421: Oct 09, 2015 02:49:31 pm
      I actually believe we can finish in the top 4 this season but if we don't my belief will not wane a single percent. He needs his players, players willing to put their heart and soul into making the fans forget their troubles for that 90 minutes. If winning the league comes with that then all the better but the most important thing is to enjoy the journey.

This, all day long. I believe, and in Klopp I trust!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #422: Oct 09, 2015 02:59:56 pm
      I just get a massive Buzz from logging on and seeing 'Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager'.

Can't wait until we get back after the international break and start playing some football.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #423: Oct 09, 2015 03:03:33 pm
      When do his assistants role into town? Are they here already?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #424: Oct 09, 2015 03:07:56 pm
      Welcome Jürgen :) YNWA
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #425: Oct 09, 2015 03:13:14 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #426: Oct 09, 2015 03:21:14 pm
      Exactly, wanting success right now just piles the pressure on.

Isn't that why we all wanted Brendan gone though Luke?

He was fired because he wasn't successful and Klopp had been hired to deliver.

I think a certain amount of pressure should be there from day one.
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2015 03:35:25 pm by srslfc »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #427: Oct 09, 2015 03:21:19 pm
      Not sure is anyone has posted this, this sums it up, guy even looks like me

Special mention for this forum there on the google results!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #428: Oct 09, 2015 03:22:59 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #429: Oct 09, 2015 03:23:53 pm
      "The first thing, always, maybe in life, you need to have a stable defence".

Hallelujah.............. Footballs a simple game really.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #430: Oct 09, 2015 03:27:06 pm
      "The first thing, always, maybe in life, you need to have a stable defence".

Hallelujah.............. Footballs a simple game really.

That stood out to me in his interview as well. That's a good sign, but he might be in for a rude awakening when he gets a hold of our defenders! :laugh:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #431: Oct 09, 2015 03:28:05 pm
      Isn't that why we all wanted Brendan gone though Luke?

He as fired because he want successful and Klopp had been hired to deliver.

I think a certain amount of pressure should be there from day one.

Pressure to succeed with someone else's players would be unfair Si.

Pressure to succeed once he has his players and his style established, definitely. I don't see any reason or benefit to our future to expect a miraculous change in performance by so many players. He hasn't had a pre-season, he hasn't bought a single player he feels can make a difference so no right now I wouldn't put any pressure on at all.

I've said my expectation and belief is that we will win the title within 5 years, once we win 1 we will be right up there from then on, that's good enough for me personally. I'm not saying it will be that long, it could be this year, it could be next, but I know I'll see improvement, whether steady or dramatic but Im not going to say that I expect or demand instant success, I think that would be foolish.

We sacked Brendan because he'd taken us as far as he could, success wasn't on the horizon it was disappearing off into the sunset without any sign of it ever returning. For me it is now sprinting back as fast as it possibly can, why would I ask it to go faster than that?
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #432: Oct 09, 2015 03:43:53 pm
      Great that he is our new manager,after so many false dawns,i really hope he can get us back to where we belong,but if any manager is going to land us no.19 he is the man to do it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #433: Oct 09, 2015 03:43:56 pm

i can't help but feel bad for brendan when I see this image. These 2 seem like back stabbers ;D.

I also am worried we are changing our managers too often.

If Klopp doesn't last more than 3 years this will become the Job that nobody wants.

We have to start being realistic as fans.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #434: Oct 09, 2015 03:46:51 pm
      Listening to the presser, and although he's really comfortable and capable talking to the press, what comes across repeatedly is that where he wants to be is out on the training pitch, working with the players. He didn't want to talk about specifics of play/tactics, certainly not before getting all the players together and talking with them first - which is great. Think he made it clear (to them) that it's a clean slate, but have to think anyone not up to the challenge of 'full-throttle football' is gonna be in trouble (can't imagine he panders to ego). Thought he came across as modest, affable and straight, you could imagine him down the pub laughing and chatting as one of the lads - but he has a charisma and authority too (he's won stuff, it's not idle chat).

Like that he sees a title in the next 4 years. I could handle that :) Buzzing really, can wait for the games to start ...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #435: Oct 09, 2015 03:49:28 pm

i can't help but feel bad for brendan when I see this image. These 2 seem like back stabbers ;D.

If Klopp doesn't last more than 3 years this will become the Job that nobody wants.

One of the most coveted managers in world football came here after the incumbant, who happened to be the second longest serving manager in the PL was not up to it.

Football is a winning business no room for sentimentality and thats what the Liverpool Way used to be, about time we we got back to that way of thinking.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #436: Oct 09, 2015 03:51:49 pm

Brendan Rodgers failed, that's why he was sacked, Klopp won't, because I'm confident and optimistic for the first time that he would succeed with us

Quick Reply