Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528969 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #529: Oct 09, 2015 07:30:39 pm
      Changing managers over and over again, (without the mega rich owners to back it up) has never brought any club success.

Alex Ferguson and Man United say your argument is invalid.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #530: Oct 09, 2015 07:31:43 pm
      Was just thinking this was the committee thread until I posted on the actual Committee Thread. ;D

Should think about starting a 'would you like to take this outside' thread for online dick swinging 
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #531: Oct 09, 2015 07:32:22 pm
      Got a renewed feeling we could beat any team.. Been a long time.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 528 
      Reply #532: Oct 09, 2015 07:33:16 pm
      If I understand the argument on this thread correctly, Swab is saying that Jürgen has accepted the same basic arrangement as Brendan - ie a transfer commitee, but with the manager ( theoretically) having the final say.
      Luke is saying that that is not how it worked in practice for Brendan.

In which case ... you're both right.

In which case the question would be - is it going to work with Klopp the way its supposed to in theory, with him having the last word, or is it going to go down the same road as it seems to have with Brendan?
      By accepting the continued existence of the committe, Jürgen is betting on the former. Not only do we not know if it will for certain, he doesnt either.

I'm glad he's decided we are worth the risk though.

( I do think that he will take less sh*t than Brendan if the committee gets uppity on him.)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #533: Oct 09, 2015 07:35:49 pm
      You might get off on calling our ex managers liars, personally I find it disrespectful

What, even when they are full of sh*t ?

If Rodgers told me it was raining, I would go out and check before I put my coat on.

Don't care if he was our manager, he was full of sh*t for the vast majority of time he was here, constantly talking out of his arse and telling porkies and that's a fact.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #534: Oct 09, 2015 07:38:14 pm
      Told you all a long time ago.Got slagged off to bits, but, he's here.yesssssssssssssssss ssssssss.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #535: Oct 09, 2015 07:43:26 pm
      If I understand the argument on this thread correctly, Swab is saying that Jürgen has accepted the same basic arrangement as Brendan - ie a transfer commitee, but with the manager ( theoretically) having the final say.
      Luke is saying that that is not how it worked in practice for Brendan.

In which case ... you're both right.

In which case the question would be - is it going to work with Klopp the way its supposed to in theory, with him having the last word, or is it going to go down the same road as it seems to have with Brendan?
      By accepting the continued existence of the committe, Jürgen is betting on the former. Not only do we not know if it will for certain, he doesnt either.

I'm glad he's decided we are worth the risk though.

( I do think that he will take less sh*t than Brendan if the committee gets uppity on him.)

Not quite mate.
      BR stated very clearly that he had the first and last word on any transfer.
      Klopp has come along and said exactly the same, and that's he's happy with it. It took him 10 seconds to think about it apparently.

Whether Klopp makes it work is the issue here for me, and I think he will.
      He appears to be keen to work with other people, he's bringing a couple of his own people in, and although these relationships have to be founded in mutual trust, he strikes me as the kind of bloke who will build relationships very quickly.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #536: Oct 09, 2015 07:44:03 pm
      I've a hunch we were prepared to pull the trigger on Brendan in the Summer if Klopp was actually available, but at the time he wasn't. IMHO a deal was probably agreed in principle back then that if the job did become available next Summer, it was Klopps if he wanted it. Then when Jürgen made it clear he was getting itchy feet and was ready to work again, it forced the owners hand a bit as they feared (100% correctly) that somebody else would come in and get their man. I'm convinced that had Jürgen stuck to his original plan to take the WHOLE season off, the owners would have waited on pulling the trigger on BR.

I agree with both of you on this theory. Who knows, Firmino could have been a klopp signing ;D...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #537: Oct 09, 2015 07:45:10 pm
      What, even when they are full of sh*t ?

If Rodgers told me it was raining, I would go out and check before I put my coat on.

Don't care if he was our manager, he was full of sh*t for the vast majority of time he was here, constantly talking out of his arse and telling porkies and that's a fact.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #538: Oct 09, 2015 07:45:45 pm
      Told you all a long time ago.Got slagged off to bits, but, he's here.yesssssssssssssssss ssssssss.

You told us all what exactly?
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #539: Oct 09, 2015 07:48:35 pm
      Every one of my fellow red mates are over the moon we've got Klopp, in fact I can almost see the smiles in the whatsapp messages all day. This fella is absolutely made for us, and he expects us to play a part, no more of this sitting in the centenary stand with a bloody Ovaltine we're going to have to bring the old ground back to life and sing our lungs out.

I can't usually stand Adrian Durham, but he said something that was perfectly true, every other fan in the Premiership will be feeling envious.

Full throttle Football I had a man crush going and goosebumps listening to him. The real deal, no bullshit.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #540: Oct 09, 2015 07:50:24 pm
      I am a Klopp believer! If his interviews have the same effect on the players as they have on me the confidence must be flooding back. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #541: Oct 09, 2015 07:52:08 pm
      I am a Klopp believer! If his interviews have the same effect on the players as they have on me the confidence must be flooding back. 

Agree.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 528 
      Reply #542: Oct 09, 2015 07:52:14 pm
      Not quite mate.
      BR stated very clearly that he had the first and last word on any transfer.
      Klopp has come along and said exactly the same, and that's he's happy with it. It took him 10 seconds to think about it apparently.

I'm agreeing with that. Klopp is accepting essentially the same arrangement as BR.
      ( Although it might be that he has 1 or 2 of his people coming in to go on the committee, which would help him. Dont know if this is the case or not though?)

Like I say Jürgen is accepting the owners promise that he will have the final say. But he doesnt know for sure that that will be kept.

The truth in these situations is that a lot will depend on how strong his hand is going in to each transfer window. If the team is doing well, he can threaten to walk and probably bulldoze the committee if needs be. If its not, he probably cant. (I doubt that Brendan did much bulldozing this summer.)

Fortunately we are going to be top of the league going into the next few windows.  ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #543: Oct 09, 2015 07:53:12 pm

You might get off on calling our ex managers liars, personally I find it disrespectful.

Don't think there's any need to sling mud after him either, given the day that's in it.

We're back in the managerial honeymoon stage ... hopefully this marriage is made in heaven :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #544: Oct 09, 2015 07:55:15 pm
      Is calling Roy Hodgson an Owl faced senile old c**t disrespectful ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #545: Oct 09, 2015 07:56:04 pm

The aspect that strikes me the most about him and what I'm very pleased to see in the man in charge of our club is his humility.
      He doesn't seem to compromise his passion or ability in being so humble.

Humility.

Something I recently mentioned more than once on here.

All of the great Liverpool managers in my lifetime have had it.

(Kenny's words today noted )

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #546: Oct 09, 2015 07:56:39 pm
      Is calling Roy Hodgson an Owl faced senile old c**t disrespectful ?

The Correct answer is 'Only to Owls and Senile Old cu*ts....'
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #547: Oct 09, 2015 07:59:54 pm
      Apologies if someone has already posted this, but this song, 'I wanna be like Jürgen Klopp' hilarious and mental all at once.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRJEFHzHjL4
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #548: Oct 09, 2015 08:02:11 pm
      (I doubt that Brendan did much bulldozing this summer.)

Good post mate I especially liked this bit :D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #549: Oct 09, 2015 08:03:56 pm
      As I said, and which was stated very clearly in the article, in his own words, BR had the first and last say on players coming in.
      Klopp now has the same, in his own words, and it took him 10 seconds to decide.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34484308

You might get off on calling our ex managers liars, personally I find it disrespectful.

Direct quotes as well, that support what I say, not half arsed bullshit theories that you make up to push your agenda.

It's all there, in black and white. Actual quotes said by the people involved.
      This is called "evidence".

Now if you want to further argue your point, provide counter evidence that BR did not, in fact, have the first and last word, and by evidence I don't mean your "beliefs" or "theories".

The core problem, as far as I can see it from what I've read so far, is the people you're discussing with don't like these truths affecting their beliefs. It's like we've got our own mini-Westboro Baptist Church to deal with.  ;)
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #550: Oct 09, 2015 08:06:45 pm
      Humility.

Something I recently mentioned more than once on here.

All of the great Liverpool managers in my lifetime have had it.

(Kenny's words today noted )
      He is at ease with himself and his ability, hence why we won't hear bullshit, nor the need to prove he belongs.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #551: Oct 09, 2015 08:08:26 pm

Quick Reply