Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1531322 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #6417: Apr 12, 2016 10:04:10 am
      Bang on mate, I'm frustrated being frustrated for so f**king long.

Have you tried sex?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6418: Apr 12, 2016 10:40:36 am

Ian reckons sex is difficult since he broke both wrists punching the wall when he heard about Ferguson losing 8,000 quid backing the man who came second in the golf.To make things worse the lad Willet who won the golf is a good Liverpool RED supporter.
       Back to Jürgen,so glad he is our manager.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6419: Apr 12, 2016 04:12:56 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6420: Apr 12, 2016 06:41:07 pm

Be interesting to see what we would be over the past 2 months when everybody got healthy

Since Feb 14th League only

W-W-W-L-D-W  18 goals scored/6 goals conceded. 13/18 total points.

Since Feb 14th League & Europe

W-D-W-W-W-W-D-L-D-D-W  23 goals scored/8 goals conceded.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6421: Apr 12, 2016 06:46:33 pm
      Be interesting to see what we would be over the past 2 months when everybody got healthy
      Indeed... or even if 'everybody' had have been healthy - from the start of the season .  :o

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6422: Apr 12, 2016 06:48:31 pm

Since Feb 14th League only

W-W-W-L-D-W  18 goals scored/6 goals conceded. 13/18 total points.

Since Feb 14th League & Europe

W-D-W-W-W-W-D-L-D-D-W  23 goals scored/8 goals conceded.

Interesting that you say "when everybody got healthy" when picking your dates. Skrtel has been out , Lucas has been out ,Benteke and  Henderson are still out.

Maybe just saying "dates since our form improved" might be more accurate/honest ? 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6423: Apr 12, 2016 06:49:22 pm
      Interesting that you say "when everybody got healthy" when picking your dates. Skrtel has been out , Lucas has been out ,Benteke and  Henderson are still out.

Maybe just saying "dates since our form improved" might be more accurate/honest ? 

Yep that's fair, we definitely missed Lucas  >:D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6424: Apr 12, 2016 06:53:29 pm

Sturridge, Coutinho, Sahko, Firmino, Origi.

All had been out somewhat and had seldom been able to be on the pitch together (if at all)...February all of them started playing together and things have changed.

Henderson played all those matches (though injured) Skrtel is a fringe player, Lucas has not been missed and Benteke has been a been a non-entity since Xmas.

None of those players are better than the ones that came back....no in my mind our form has improved since we got 4/5 best players being able to be on the pitch at the same time.

As much as I love Lucas..I think JD posted something a month or so back and we tend to lose matches when he starts...so I would not call him, Skrtel or Benteke starting XI players.

We had a period of time from December through January where we had the most injuries of any team in the league and had played the most amount of minutes of any team in Europe....Its really not a surprise we are playing better as February brought Coutinho, Firmino, and Sturridge together on the pitch all together for the first time.

We got our best players back, we have been building momentum and looked a totally different team since the start of February.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6425: Apr 12, 2016 07:06:50 pm
      Those five were very rarely, if ever, on the pitch together, at the start of the season either A-Zed (and only Coutinho was injury free). So maybe you've hit on something; maybe it would have been totally different if they had have been available. Then again... maybe not; eh?  :laugh:

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6426: Apr 12, 2016 07:12:25 pm

All had been out somewhat and had seldom been able to be on the pitch together (if at all)...February all of them started playing together and things have changed.

Henderson played all those matches (though injured) Skrtel is a fringe player, Lucas has not been missed and Benteke has been a been a non-entity since Xmas.

None of those players are better than the ones that came back....no in my mind our form has improved since we got 4/5 best players being able to be on the pitch at the same time.

As much as I love Lucas..I think JD posted something a month or so back and we tend to lose matches when he starts...so I would not call him, Skrtel or Benteke starting XI players.

We had a period of time from December through January where we had the most injuries of any team in the league and had played the most amount of minutes of any team in Europe....Its really not a surprise we are playing better as February brought Coutinho, Firmino, and Sturridge together on the pitch all together for the first time.

We got our best players back, we have been building momentum and looked a totally different team since the start of February.

I don't disagree that we have been playing better lately,  but I disagree that it is simply the return of players, as Firmino, Coutinho, Sakho and Origi have all been out injured during the period you mention. Possibly even Sturridge, but ironically he may have been the only player you mention who hasn't been injured! :)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6427: Apr 12, 2016 07:13:32 pm
      Those five were very rarely, if ever, on the pitch together, at the start of the season either A-Zed (and only Coutinho was injury free). So maybe you've hit on something; maybe it would have been totally different if they had have been available. Then again... maybe not; eh?  :laugh: 

Just think that Jürgen has been through the teams in the league now and he know what he wants to do. The squad to me looks totally different in the way they are approaching things; just watching them it seems defensively they have really taken hold in this selective "hunting in packs" idea when needed. The energy levels look completely different, guys like Lovren/Lallana/Allen look like completely different players and Origi has really come on the past month or so.

Look there are always going to be bumps in the road but 23 goals and 8 conceded in the past 11 tells me our avg goal/game has gone up and we are thightning on defense.

To me that is progress.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6428: Apr 12, 2016 07:16:26 pm
      Possibly even Sturridge, but ironically he may have been the only player you mention who hasn't been injured!

He played on December 6th...the next game he played was February 6th.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6429: Apr 12, 2016 07:18:56 pm
      Just think that Jürgen has been through the teams in the league now and he know what he wants to do.
      Fair enough but..... going back to your original point about fit players playing together, (if you don't mind).

From October 25, 2015...

To that end, rather than having been stifled; 'we' have been unlucky - particularly with injuries. When was the last time any manager has been able to field even three of those four, at full fitness, in a game? 

As for 'bringing it out' again... an injury-free, fully fit, run of games will see the players (and therefore team) benefit. So, I suppose, Jürgen, just like the rest of us, will be hoping for a bit of 'luck'.

I guess we all knew all along that, with our four flair players all fit and all playing then, naturally enough, results would improve and show signs of "progress"...  :-\
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6430: Apr 12, 2016 07:21:28 pm
      He played on December 6th...the next game he played was February 6th.

If you remember your date was Feb 14th so my argument still stands. And as anyone with a memory will recall my many predictions that once Sturridge returned our results and season would improve.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6431: Apr 12, 2016 07:24:08 pm
      Look there are always going to be bumps in the road but 23 goals and 8 conceded in the past 11 tells me...
      Yip... I too have been very impressed by that.  8)

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #6432: Apr 12, 2016 07:32:11 pm
      Quote from s@int

Last year we were top of the table form  guide from January 1 until the win at Swansea. 2 games later and the coach's head was demanded, and delivered 6 months later.

Since January, we've won 2 home league games, lost a cup final after a very poor performance, on penalties, gone out of the FA Cup after getting a home draw in the tie, and are 8th in the table. That's why I'm not a big fan of these second half of the season form guides. The season starts in August, not afterwards.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6433: Apr 12, 2016 07:36:30 pm
      Last year we were top of the table form  guide from January 1 until the win at Swansea. 2 games later and the coach's head was demanded, and delivered 6 months later.

Since January, we've won 2 home league games, lost a cup final after a very poor performance, on penalties, gone out of the FA Cup after getting a home draw in the tie, and are 8th in the table. That's why I'm not a big fan of these second half of the season form guides. The season starts in August, not afterwards.

I partly agree, but it is a way of showing progress. A bad start to a season can blind you to the progress made later if all you look at is the league table. And as AZ has pointed out our progress lately shouldn't simply be ignored or be hidden by prior results. 

After 19 games we had 30 points after 31 games we have 48 points ... progress ?
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2016 07:58:50 pm by s@int »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6434: Apr 12, 2016 09:10:49 pm
      lost a cup final after a very poor performance

At least we got to the final. You are bang on about the performance but none the less, it's something we hadn't managed since Kenny.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6435: Apr 13, 2016 06:54:30 am

Plenty of times and booze and drugs. To no avail.

What do you do to relieve frustratation? Mrs Palmer?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6436: Apr 13, 2016 09:00:11 am
      What do you do to relieve frustratation? Mrs Palmer?
      And her five lovely daughters.  ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6437: Apr 13, 2016 01:54:46 pm
      Whichever way you look at it, the league has been a poor effort this season. I say "whichever" way, but of course I'm aware that some posters judge how well we're doing by mysterious means which don't seemingly take points gained into account. Those posters probably have an algorithm of some kind which shows we are ten points clear at the top or something similar, but until the fuddy duddies who run football change from the "how many points have you got?" method of making up the league table, we're kind of stuck with it.

There are though encouraging signs. If you disregard the periods in which we didn't get many points and only include the periods when we did, things start to look much better.it's nothing new to say it though, but there is the danger that we'll improve next season only to see the teams around us improve even more.

It's worth remembering that even though Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd etc have major faults this season, we STILL have ground to make up on all three. We should have done better this season, but it's all water under the bridge now. Next season I hope we can start from day one playing the same football we've been turning out for the last month or so.   
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #6438: Apr 13, 2016 04:41:04 pm
      Whichever way you look at it, the league has been a poor effort this season. I say "whichever" way, but of course I'm aware that some posters judge how well we're doing by mysterious means which don't seemingly take points gained into account. Those posters probably have an algorithm of some kind which shows we are ten points clear at the top or something similar, but until the fuddy duddies who run football change from the "how many points have you got?" method of making up the league table, we're kind of stuck with it.

There are though encouraging signs. If you disregard the periods in which we didn't get many points and only include the periods when we did, things start to look much better.it's nothing new to say it though, but there is the danger that we'll improve next season only to see the teams around us improve even more.

It's worth remembering that even though Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd etc have major faults this season, we STILL have ground to make up on all three. We should have done better this season, but it's all water under the bridge now. Next season I hope we can start from day one playing the same football we've been turning out for the last month or so.   

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #6439: Apr 13, 2016 05:43:42 pm
      Was it in Rafa's first season we lost the league cup final to Chelsea?.

Klopp lost his first league final.

Rafa's first season saw us struggle in the league but win the European cup scalping top European teams along the way.

Klopps first season has seen us struggle in the league but on course to win the Europa cup...

Am I right on this?..

Quick Reply