Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544288 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7038: May 02, 2016 01:39:23 pm
      Next up :- Cricket vs Baseball

:)

Nah S@int, baseball is akin to rounders not cricket.  Cricket is far too complicated and highbrow for our American cousins  :f_tongueincheek:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7039: May 02, 2016 02:01:23 pm
      and TPM fu**ed both the former games up in one week didnt he ?

Yes.

I hope Jürgen and the lads can overcome Villarreal.

As the resemblance with TPM is quite uncanny.

And we wouldn't want the same vitriol aimed at our Jürgen would we?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7040: May 02, 2016 02:06:02 pm
      Quite right. All the "real" supporters will just blame Migs. :)

:lmao:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7041: May 02, 2016 02:08:35 pm
      If Klopp doesn't start Sturridge on Thursday ( he will of course) , and we were to go out, the backlash would be awful.

Fair enough too.

Fingers crossed both those instances don't play out.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7042: May 02, 2016 02:15:16 pm
      Let's be serious, it would be crazy not to start your best finisher in either leg of a European semi-final. He will start people, calm down :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7043: May 02, 2016 02:24:26 pm
      Totally off topic but you know what Skip, we can all look back nostalgically to most things in our life.  As a child I can remember our cold, damp and draughty house that was so damp I had to pin the wallpaper to my bedroom wall 'cos it kept peeling off and the carpets rising and falling when the wind blew.  Hot water only once a week, on a Sunday, when everyone shared a bath and we were pretty well off compared to most but I wouldn't change it for the world  ;D 

Life was tougher but a damn sight easier in so many ways yet none of us would choose to go back to it after experiencing all the modern comforts of life nowadays (apart from my sister who likes the Victorian era).

Football in the upper echelons has changed, though it's not much different to those old days in the lower leagues, apart from the balls, the footware and the cars.

We have all contributed to the money footballers earn, from tickets, merchandice, tv packages etc even the internet we pay for to watch live games on streams.  It's no different to the way we contribute to moviestars, musicians and other sports people earning what they do, it's what happens when society has disposable income and wants to enjoy the good things in life.

I'm sure most of us on here drive better cars than our parents did, have better holidays to wonderfully exotic places that we didn't even know existed in our childhood. 

Are we also wrong for having that much money we can afford to do those things?  Or have we worked hard to become the best we can at our jobs to improve our standard of living and that of our children?

Back on topic - Jürgen Klopp, he's our Manager, who'da thought eh!!

Who da thought eh Debs  ...... but we all had hope  x
      Jürgen ?  Boss tha     ;D

PS  Blame our Billy.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7044: May 02, 2016 02:25:44 pm
      Let's be serious, it would be crazy not to start your best finisher in either leg of a European semi-final. He will start people, calm down :D

Nah mate, I don't think Benteke will start the game.

grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #7045: May 02, 2016 02:27:49 pm
      Nah S@int, baseball is akin to rounders not cricket.  Cricket is far too complicated and highbrow for our American cousins  :f_tongueincheek:

Well in Canada we play both, they couldn't be any different. In cricket bowlers are treated like disposables mules where as in baseball pitchers are a protected species. They are both pretty fun, although we suck at cricket and are pretty good at baseball ! Lets Go Blue Jays !

The only time I ever wear Blue, I promise !

This is really not the right thread for this.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #7046: May 02, 2016 02:29:20 pm
      Nah mate, I don't think Benteke will start the game.

I think they both will play a part. I just don't see us keeping a clean sheet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #7047: May 02, 2016 02:35:18 pm

Is right, and don't even ask me to try and figure out Rugby, I've watched and watched and still can't figure out what's going on. At least soccer is a simple game to follow ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7048: May 02, 2016 03:02:49 pm
      Is right, and don't even ask me to try and figure out Rugby, I've watched and watched and still can't figure out what's going on. At least soccer is a simple game to follow ;)

Cricket explained :-

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
      When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Offside rule explained to women (sorry Debs)

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.
      The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.
      It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.
      The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.
      Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.
      She prepares to throw her purse to you.
      If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!
      At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!
      BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Football explained to Jürgen:-

You play your best players in big games.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7049: May 02, 2016 03:23:19 pm
      Klopp, who disappeared behind a wall to enjoy a cigarette, is known to be a smoker after his friend and former room-mate, David Wagner, spoke about his habit earlier this year.

Let him relax with a smoke and to think hard about next Thursday.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #7050: May 02, 2016 03:29:36 pm
      Klopp, who disappeared behind a wall to enjoy a cigarette, is known to be a smoker after his friend and former room-mate, David Wagner, spoke about his habit earlier this year.

Let him relax with a smoke and to think hard about next Thursday.

Got me craving for one now  :cool-smiley-027:
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #7051: May 02, 2016 06:26:43 pm
      That particular time we were sandwiched between playing Chelsea and Madrid.

This time, we're sandwiched playing between Swansea and Villarreal.

Spot the difference.

That's true but a Champion's League qualification was still possible from the league - should we really be giving up on it?

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7052: May 02, 2016 07:27:01 pm
      Some strange post here today, but just to clarify for some of you that don't know, Cricket is F***ing sh*t, it actually offends my eyes! Baseball's is only slightly less sh*t.
      You want a proper ball and bat game watch Hurling lads, real mans game!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7053: May 02, 2016 07:58:21 pm
      Some strange post here today, but just to clarify for some of you that don't know, Cricket is f**king sh*t, it actually offends my eyes! Baseball's is only slightly less sh*t.

That game is F***ing nuts.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #7054: May 02, 2016 08:03:09 pm

Its a bit like Gaelic football why bother with the ball just kick lumps out of each other last man standing wins
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7055: May 02, 2016 08:04:22 pm

Definitely, but the skill level is fantastic, and it's high scoring and very physical. Cricket is a bore fest, way too slow!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #7056: May 02, 2016 08:25:01 pm
      Is there anyone still playing that ?

I thought they'd all battered each other to death  :f_whistle:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7057: May 02, 2016 08:32:15 pm
      Is there anyone still playing that ?

I thought they'd all battered each other to death  :f_whistle:

Fek.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #7058: May 02, 2016 08:51:35 pm
      That's true but a Champion's League qualification was still possible from the league - should we really be giving up on it?

Come one that ship sailed a long time ago although I would have liked to have seen us finish top 6 and a spot in UEFA next season as a minimum but it's looking like 7th or 8th for us this season.
      evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #7059: May 02, 2016 09:01:04 pm
      Come one that ship sailed a long time ago although I would have liked to have seen us finish top 6 and a spot in UEFA next season as a minimum but it's looking like 7th or 8th for us this season.

I don't know that it sailed a long time ago, but it was a long shot.  If we had not dropped 5 points in last two games, we'd be at 60 - even with MU.  City plays arsenal next, could possibly stay at 64 going into final game.  We could be at 63 after Watford with 2 more games left.  Would have been a lot more interesting going into final few games.  But since it is a long shot and quite a winning-streak, I think Europa should be our focus.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #7060: May 02, 2016 10:08:06 pm

It is now but teams are ddopping points eveywhere this season - whilst it was still mathematically possible we should have been trying. Thats what a big club is supposed to do isnt it?

Quick Reply