Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529786 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7383: May 11, 2016 09:57:19 am
      Jürgen Klopp substance and character.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7384: May 11, 2016 10:11:08 am
      Selection headache, nice for Jürgen.

Not so much for the forum, the shrieks will be bloody deafening.

It's amazing how quickly the lads are recovering from their recent injuries with a European Final looming  :f_whistle:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7385: May 11, 2016 10:36:25 am

Who, Moi?    :couch:  :f_run:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7386: May 11, 2016 10:39:33 am
      It's amazing how quickly the lads are recovering from their recent injuries with a European Final looming  :f_whistle:

Tut tut Debs! Such a cynic :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7387: May 11, 2016 10:47:18 am

Cynical I may be but it's actually great to see mate. 

Wasn't it Carra who said he daren't get injured because he was so worried he might not get back in the team.  They should all be worried and be working harder than ever to keep their place, to not give Jürgen an opportunity or reason to pick someone else. 

Competition for places has been badly missing for too long and it's a reason why I hate the idea of building teams around one or two individuals.  It takes the team to win stuff and everyone in the team needs and should be putting in 9 out of 10 level performances, week in week out. 

When we reach that level, we'll win the Title again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7388: May 11, 2016 12:09:21 pm

maybe that the players know there is no hiding place with Jürgen and only players who are up for the fight will be selected. Its about time.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7389: May 11, 2016 12:11:03 pm
      maybe that the players know there is no hiding place with Jürgen and only players who are up for the fight will be selected. Its about time.

It certainly is Walt.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #7390: May 11, 2016 12:43:21 pm
      I feel pretty confident that Klopp will land us the 19th next season...

I can see Arsenal,Scum,Citeh,Tottenham!Chavski all struggling with inconsistency next season..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7391: May 11, 2016 01:01:18 pm
      Cynical I may be but it's actually great to see mate. 

Wasn't it Carra who said he daren't get injured because he was so worried he might not get back in the team.  They should all be worried and be working harder than ever to keep their place, to not give Jürgen an opportunity or reason to pick someone else. 

Competition for places has been badly missing for too long and it's a reason why I hate the idea of building teams around one or two individuals.  It takes the team to win stuff and everyone in the team needs and should be putting in 9 out of 10 level performances, week in week out. 

When we reach that level, we'll win the Title again.

The Oracle has spoken, I bow to you Ma'am as I walk backwards, we mere mortals are in awe of your wisdom xx.   :angel:

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7392: May 11, 2016 01:35:49 pm

The Oracle has spoken, I bow to you Ma'am as I walk backwards, we mere mortals are in awe of your wisdom xx.   :angel:

YNWA

Behave Billy  :blush:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #7393: May 11, 2016 04:29:15 pm

I wouldn't put you down as to getting embarrassed easily Debs,however you are most definitely worthy of the praise you deserve, your posts are always sensible, to the point, educational and you very rarely put others down,they are in fact a joy to read, I always look to see if you have posted more than most.

Keep them coming please, the younger Reds will be alot wiser from reading your posts imo.

YNWA
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #7394: May 11, 2016 04:29:59 pm
      I feel pretty confident that Klopp will land us the 19th next season...

I can see Arsenal,Scum,Citeh,Tottenham!Chavski all struggling with inconsistency next season..

bold statement that. Leicester to retain the title then :P
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7395: May 11, 2016 07:09:24 pm

I wouldn't put you down as to getting embarrassed easily Debs,however you are most definitely worthy of the praise you deserve, your posts are always sensible, to the point, educational and you very rarely put others down,they are in fact a joy to read, I always look to see if you have posted more than most.

Keep them coming please, the younger Reds will be alot wiser from reading your posts imo.

YNWA

Thanks mate much appreciated  :gt-happyup:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7396: May 12, 2016 12:09:27 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #7397: May 12, 2016 12:18:50 pm
      Seen Jürgen's comments on the pitch when got home last night - didn't sound too happy with the way we played.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7398: May 12, 2016 12:32:01 pm
      Seen Jürgen's comments on the pitch when got home last night - didn't sound too happy with the way we played.

he didn't look too happy on the touchline he does pull some very good angry faces
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7399: May 12, 2016 05:31:38 pm
      Billy mate .
      Whats happened?

Have you and Debs got a thing going?

The way to her heart is via her wellies .
       ;D

Ffs Skip don't mention wellies to Billy  :roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7400: May 12, 2016 06:48:57 pm
      Liverpool play much better football since Jürgen Klopp replaced Brendan Rodgers as head coach mid-way through the first half of the season according to Emre Can.

Can stated that the Reds are much improved in the final third and dangerous in from of goal.

“I think we had some ups and downs, but in the last few months you can see we play much better football, and we win more games and score more goals,” said Can, speaking to liverpoolfc.com.

The Germany international of Turkish origin does not have the most prolific record himself but does have two goals and three assists in all competitions this season.

The Reds have already scored more goals than last seasons total of 52 goals have found the back of the net 62 times. Liverpool do however, have a worse defensive record having conceded just 49 times compared to 48 last season and still have another game to play.

Can also has another reason to be happy as Klopp moved him from defence to central midfield. Rodgers played the 22-year-old as a defensive player during his time in charge but Klopp moved him into his preferred midfield role immediately after taking over.
      http://www.turkish-football.com/liverpool-play-much-better-football-under-klopp-says-emre-can/?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #7401: May 12, 2016 06:52:17 pm

I not sure whether it was anger or just reiterating that the job is only just beginning.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7402: May 12, 2016 07:47:55 pm
      Liverpool play much better football since Jürgen Klopp replaced Brendan Rodgers as head coach mid-way through the first half of the season according to Emre Can.

Can stated that the Reds are much improved in the final third and dangerous in from of goal.

“I think we had some ups and downs, but in the last few months you can see we play much better football, and we win more games and score more goals,” said Can, speaking to liverpoolfc.com.

The Germany international of Turkish origin does not have the most prolific record himself but does have two goals and three assists in all competitions this season.

The Reds have already scored more goals than last seasons total of 52 goals have found the back of the net 62 times. Liverpool do however, have a worse defensive record having conceded just 49 times compared to 48 last season and still have another game to play.

Can also has another reason to be happy as Klopp moved him from defence to central midfield. Rodgers played the 22-year-old as a defensive player during his time in charge but Klopp moved him into his preferred midfield role immediately after taking over.
      http://www.turkish-football.com/liverpool-play-much-better-football-under-klopp-says-emre-can/?

Emre is on Football Focus this Saturday lunchtime.
      Details in his player thread
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7403: May 12, 2016 11:27:58 pm
      Saw Kolo answering a question and responds for sure for sure....;D Jürgen is rubbing off.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #7404: May 13, 2016 07:22:39 am
      Ffs Skip don't mention wellies to Billy  :roll:

Glad you said wellies and not willies Debs Skip would have had a coronary   >:D

YNWA
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #7405: May 13, 2016 07:24:56 am
      Some stats:

15 Home league games in charge with Klopp, 6 wins, 40% win rate. 8 home games were won in total from 19, showing that we have a fair way to go before Anfield is a fortress again.

Currently, excluding penalties, we have scored 96 goals this season in all competitions, 85 under Klopp. Benteke scored on his home debut, and (probably) his swansong too.

We still have two games to get 100 goals for the season. However, we have never beaten a Pulis bunch of hackers in an away league game to date, and won just one European game away from Anfield this season. Now is as good a time as any to better that record in the remaining games.

Quick Reply