Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529696 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9706: Sep 08, 2016 06:45:17 pm
      Sorry but anyone who puts Rodgers on as low a pedestal as Hodgson is just either really really stupid or knows nothing about football.

Nobody is saying he's great, but I think it's a shame for a manager who did all he could and nearly won us the league to be thrown in with a chump who mercilessly threw us fans under the bus and licked Fergie arse constantly. You can disagree all you like about what he said on footballing matters but he never once resorted to the derogatory rhetoric of Hodgson, neither has he done so since being sacked and becoming Celtic manager.

There is absolutely no rationale behind ever putting a Liverpool manager under the same bracket as Hodgson. It's an insult to the football club and really trivialises the time just how bad a state we were in under Hodgson.

It.Was.A.Joke.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9707: Sep 08, 2016 07:10:49 pm
      People underestimate what a monumental, conniving arsehole Hodgson was. Any tw*t who comes into Anfield on his first day in the job and challenges journalists questions regarding the Anfield atmosphere by saying 'Old Trafford matches it on its day' deserve to be strapped, feathered and tarred to the flagpole outside the stadium. The silly moron then failed to defend one of his own players amidst a stream of vitriol from Ferguson on the grounds that auld Fergie was a mate of his. And that's not even scraping the surface of his monumental acts of twattery he conducted during his short pathetic stay here. With greater perspective of his reign as the years go by, I really get an even greater sense of what a cluster f**k of a manager he was.

Wot a c**t.

Couldn't agree more, as someone who was not a fan of Brendan I can, without a question of doubt, say the man is a much better league than the c**t who is Hodgson.

Horrible individual who seemed so consumed with his own 'achievements' and his own self worth that he was always repulsive to listen to.

As for his insulting stain on our history that was his period of management, that was easily the lowest point in my memory of the club in terms of what I had to watch. Brendan delivered fantastic attacking football and in that sense, when he had Luis/Studge/Sterling he was riding on the crest of a wave. So yes there is absolutely no comparison, for me it's like comparing the championship to non-league.

I did totally understand Shabs joke though to be fair.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9708: Sep 08, 2016 08:32:11 pm
      Never ceases to amaze how heads who laid into BR for months, NOT even bothering to keep it about football, tactics, selection etc. but mainly just insulted the f**k out of him at every turn, are the ones on their high horses lecturing about what it means to support the manager. F**k that for a game of marbles.
      I supported BR, and I'll support Klopp in the same way. Like when BR was here, will praise and question at different times, that's what the game is about. And commenting on players form. Do it with the mates down the pub, do it on here too. And f**k that sh*t lobbing BR in with Woy too.
      Maybe when you feel that hot flush coming and your head's exploding with self righteous indignation that someone has something *objective* to say, check you've had your hormone replacement therapy before going off on another boring f**king keyboard bender.
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2016 08:46:54 pm by bmck »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9709: Sep 08, 2016 08:39:25 pm

Glass seems half full Mick, hope your right :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #9710: Sep 08, 2016 10:30:50 pm
      Jürgen quoted as saying Sakho doesn't have to prove anything to him. What does that mean when he was up for loan just a week ago and was sent home from pre season to get fit .Does it mean he is dead to him or does it mean he will be in the team when he is fit.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9711: Sep 08, 2016 10:46:12 pm
      People underestimate what a monumental, conniving arsehole Hodgson was. Any tw*t who comes into Anfield on his first day in the job and challenges journalists questions regarding the Anfield atmosphere by saying 'Old Trafford matches it on its day' deserve to be strapped, feathered and tarred to the flagpole outside the stadium. The silly moron then failed to defend one of his own players amidst a stream of vitriol from Ferguson on the grounds that auld Fergie was a mate of his. And that's not even scraping the surface of his monumental acts of twattery he conducted during his short pathetic stay here. With greater perspective of his reign as the years go by, I really get an even greater sense of what a cluster f**k of a manager he was.

Wot a c**t.

Mind you, getting your teeth whitened is just as bad......   :lmao:

I don't doubt that Roy is complete tosser as a human being. Never thought I'd ever say that about a Liverpool manager, but he just was. His actions and words says it all.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,218 posts | 1221 
      Reply #9712: Sep 08, 2016 10:47:36 pm
      Moreno's first season, one of his first games, he scores a cracker.
      Some start banging on about how brilliant he is.
      The same people are now saying he's sh*t.

I said at the time it was far too early to judge, and it's the same with any player after only a few games.

Fact; you can't judge a player until he's had at least one full season.

So Mane has had a good start.
      Great, I'm happy for him and the team, and hope he continues the same way, but you can bet your house that as soon as he has a dip in form the usual suspects will be calling him sh*t.

One full season for all the wa**s we've got rid of down the years?

Nah. Players deserve a reasonable opportunity to prove their worth and that varies from player to player.

(Unless Rafa signed them, then they get about 5 years)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9713: Sep 08, 2016 10:53:36 pm
      Jürgen quoted as saying Sakho doesn't have to prove anything to him. What does that mean when he was up for loan just a week ago and was sent home from pre season to get fit .Does it mean he is dead to him or does it mean he will be in the team when he is fit.

Jürgen isn't going to hang his dirty linen in public - certainly not to those vultures in the press. Surely there's bound to have been words though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9714: Sep 08, 2016 11:21:39 pm
      Never ceases to amaze how heads who laid into BR for months, NOT even bothering to keep it about football, tactics, selection etc. but mainly just insulted the f**k out of him at every turn, are the ones on their high horses lecturing about what it means to support the manager. F**k that for a game of marbles.
      I supported BR, and I'll support Klopp in the same way. Like when BR was here, will praise and question at different times, that's what the game is about. And commenting on players form. Do it with the mates down the pub, do it on here too. And f**k that sh*t lobbing BR in with Woy too.
      Maybe when you feel that hot flush coming and your head's exploding with self righteous indignation that someone has something *objective* to say, check you've had your hormone replacement therapy before going off on another boring f**king keyboard bender.

Spot on 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9715: Sep 09, 2016 09:05:30 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9716: Sep 09, 2016 09:12:53 pm

I think it means if all our defenders except Sakho are injured and Milner and Lucas have the flu there's a slight chance Sakho might make the bench :)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9717: Sep 10, 2016 07:40:41 pm
      So..... the left back played pretty well today didn't he?  ;)

Okay I know, not the long term solution but we won't be panicking too much if Milner can perform like this.

Good result for the boss - got it spot on, hindered by injury to centre backs but apart from that mistake, Lucas, in fairness, played with a level head for the rest of the game.

The introduction of Stewart (unspectacular, but the lad is a very useful player who is increasingly reliable in terms of game management) in particular shut up shop and we were never unduly threatened once he came on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #9718: Sep 10, 2016 07:46:53 pm
      Results like this will keep nerves at bay, well done Kloppo.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #9719: Sep 10, 2016 07:49:13 pm
      Great work with the lads Boss...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9720: Sep 10, 2016 08:25:24 pm
      Big win, well done Boss.

There's signs of the team we could become if we can cut out the stupid mistakes that haven't actually cost us as much as they could have done.

If we can get our best team out on the pitch, add a proper left back to the ranks, and add a bit more depth to the squad in January then we could be on to something.

The more players playing in their favoured positions the better.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #9721: Sep 10, 2016 10:10:24 pm

There's signs of the team we could become if we can cut out the stupid mistakes that haven't actually cost us as much as they could have done.

Yes, yes und nochmal: ja. :) I eat my own words from a week ago and say that we have the potential to win the league, now we need consistency, esp. on defense. I hope our lads have the same feeling and start believing - not necessarily to win the title, but to be right there with the top dogs of Manchester.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #9722: Sep 10, 2016 10:14:44 pm
      Yes, yes und nochmal: ja. :) I eat my own words from a week ago and say that we have the potential to win the league, now we need consistency, esp. on defense. I hope our lads have the same feeling and start believing - not necessarily to win the title, but to be right there with the top dogs of Manchester.

no wonder you have -17 when you finish a post of with the words "top dogs of Manchester" you do realise that is really not acceptable
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #9723: Sep 10, 2016 11:50:19 pm
      Class interview from Jürgen after the game. Some character. Glad he's ours. Got it spot on today.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #9724: Sep 11, 2016 12:47:49 am
      7 points against last seasons Top 4, some of the neg heads on our forum will never be happy!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #9725: Sep 11, 2016 12:48:34 am
      no wonder you have -17 when you finish a post of with the words "top dogs of Manchester" you do realise that is really not acceptable

Hm...why? Does "top dog" mean something overly positive? I just wanted to refer to both Manchester teams are the best of the PL now, which they are right now.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #9726: Sep 11, 2016 04:56:49 am
      Too much silence here (After the win). :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9727: Sep 11, 2016 04:58:10 am
      Nailed it today.

Did Mahrez even play?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9728: Sep 11, 2016 04:59:36 am
      Well his new signings looking good and having a big impact on the game. Not seen the game but have heard Matip was very good, Wijnaldum very good with an assist to go with his performance and Mane a goal and assist. Shame a few people weren't a bit more faithful of our signings, still a lot to prove but they are giving a decent account of themselves so far!

Quick Reply