Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1531001 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9729: Sep 11, 2016 05:04:05 am
      Nailed it today.

Did Mahrez even play?
      I don't think so. Pretty much the same thing happened when they last visited Anfield in December.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #9730: Sep 11, 2016 06:55:22 am
      People underestimate what a monumental, conniving arsehole Hodgson was. Any tw*t who comes into Anfield on his first day in the job and challenges journalists questions regarding the Anfield atmosphere by saying 'Old Trafford matches it on its day' deserve to be strapped, feathered and tarred to the flagpole outside the stadium. The silly moron then failed to defend one of his own players amidst a stream of vitriol from Ferguson on the grounds that auld Fergie was a mate of his. And that's not even scraping the surface of his monumental acts of twattery he conducted during his short pathetic stay here. With greater perspective of his reign as the years go by, I really get an even greater sense of what a cluster F**k of a manager he was.

Wot a c**t.

Brilliantly put, FMS.

I absolutely am so embarrassed that pr**k ever stained our brilliant club. I was in a perma-cringe for his entire tenure.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9731: Sep 11, 2016 08:35:53 am
      There was a period in yesterday's game from the 24th minute or so right up to our second goal that we were playing exactly as Jürgen wants us to imo.

It was attack after attack, moving the ball quickly, Leicester would clear it but our centre backs were so high up the pitch we would collect it and start another attack whilst they were still all over the shop and just building more and more pressure. Even when it was cleared to one of their men we were on them in seconds and forced the error and another attack came at them eventually culminating in the second goal.

Heavy metal football at its best!
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #9732: Sep 11, 2016 09:42:42 am
      7 points against last seasons Top 4, some of the neg heads on our forum will never be happy!
      I think better than that, bagging 4 goals against last season's top two.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #9733: Sep 11, 2016 11:09:03 am
      Hm...why? Does "top dog" mean something overly positive? I just wanted to refer to both Manchester teams are the best of the PL now, which they are right now.

and he does it again. Do you support Liverpool or do you just use this forum.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9734: Sep 11, 2016 12:27:09 pm
      There was a period in yesterday's game from the 24th minute or so right up to our second goal that we were playing exactly as Jürgen wants us to imo.

It was attack after attack, moving the ball quickly, Leicester would clear it but our centre backs were so high up the pitch we would collect it and start another attack whilst they were still all over the shop and just building more and more pressure. Even when it was cleared to one of their men we were on them in seconds and forced the error and another attack came at them eventually culminating in the second goal.

Heavy metal football at its best!

Heavy metal football indeed, but we also showed a lot of patience at times, and moved the ball around nicely.

A good win, but we have to find consistency, which will no doubt come in time. (Hopefully)
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Klopp Topic
      Reply #9735: Sep 11, 2016 08:07:51 pm
      and he does it again. Do you support Liverpool or do you just use this forum.

I am a Liverpool fan from Germany, actually since 1985, but I begin to dislike its fans since I cruise through the forums. I am also a fan of other sports teams, but NOWHERE NEAR did I meet more fans with delusional hate and bias than here. Just an example is a quote here where Hodgson said that Anfield Road atmosphere is only matched with Old Trafford and got bashed for it by the fans, I guess. But it's just true from what I watched. Do you want him to lie to you, so that you feel better? Why can't you accept that ManU and ManC are more talented and better right now. There is not a single expert in the world that would challenge such a view, but you make a big deal out of it as if someone is not a fan of LFC that thinks so. Do the other fans of PL teams have the same hostility against everything not-their-team?

Well, anyway, LFC is my club besides Dynamo Dresden and I won't change that because some or a lot of fans have a different point of view than mine. In fact, if not hostile, it can be interesting and fruitful.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Re: Klopp Topic
      Reply #9736: Sep 11, 2016 08:24:38 pm
      Just keep the wining formula/selection Jürgen
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9737: Sep 11, 2016 09:10:34 pm
      Glasses still falling off too :) Not sure what make they are, and fair enough you'd expect them to go flying under a ruck of players at Norwich, but now they're coming off during normal goal celebrations with nobody near him. Not sure any glasses could be completely Klopp-goal-celebration proof, but maybe they need to be tightened a bit more round the ears? ps. I'm not a glasses-ologist.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9738: Sep 11, 2016 09:16:36 pm
      Glasses still falling off too :) Not sure what make they are, and fair enough you'd expect them to go flying under a ruck of players at Norwich, but now they're coming off during normal goal celebrations with nobody near him. Not sure any glasses could be completely Klopp-goal-celebration proof, but maybe they need to be tightened a bit more round the ears? ps. I'm not a glasses-ologist.

Quick look Jürgen, think you've got persol's .. here's some advice, free of charge... don't scald yerself

https://www.amazon.com/review/RBOH6U8QC024N
      Boil some water in a pan wide enough so your glasses will enter open. Once boiled, wait for 5 mins then holding the stems lower the glasses until they are submerged just to the hinges (all the glass area and the surrounding frames but NOT the arms nor the area right where the hinge is (keep this out of the water). Hold them in there for 15 seconds then take them out and make the adjustment (flattening or curving more depending on your face). Make small changes as there's no rush as you can dip them again and again until perfection is achieved. In my case i ALSO needed the stems to hook in further at he bottom under my ears. To do this, simply dip the stem ends ino the water and adjust. Voila! Perfect fit persol 2720. It sounds dangerous or complicated but, its a piece of cake and "exactly" what the optician does. They use an oven or hot air. Only difference.

Ignore Joseph's reply :)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9739: Sep 11, 2016 10:02:42 pm
      I am a Liverpool fan from Germany, actually since 1985, but I begin to dislike its fans since I cruise through the forums. I am also a fan of other sports teams, but NOWHERE NEAR did I meet more fans with delusional hate and bias than here. Just an example is a quote here where Hodgson said that Anfield Road atmosphere is only matched with Old Trafford and got bashed for it by the fans, I guess. But it's just true from what I watched. Do you want him to lie to you, so that you feel better? Why can't you accept that ManU and ManC are more talented and better right now. There is not a single expert in the world that would challenge such a view, but you make a big deal out of it as if someone is not a fan of LFC that thinks so. Do the other fans of PL teams have the same hostility against everything not-their-team?

Well, anyway, LFC is my club besides Dynamo Dresden and I won't change that because some or a lot of fans have a different point of view than mine. In fact, if not hostile, it can be interesting and fruitful.

That is just absolutely f**king bullshit about Old Trafford. You know as well as everyone else that Anfield on its day is insurmountable and incomparable to Old Trafford. There is a reason why their very own legend Roy Keane called that bunch the 'prawn sandwich brigade'.

In case you didn't realise, the Liverpool Champions League semi-final against Chelsea in 2005 reached record decibel levels for a football match. And that's just one amongst many great games at Anfield. This is a stadium which, at the time, had only nearly half the audience that Old Trafford can hold. Old Trafford - being the biggest club stadium - can't generate half the passion of stadiums half its size for gods sake. Pathetic if you ask me - sums up their bandwagoning supporters.

The number one trend on twitter this year in the UK isn't David Bowie's death or Brexit - it was Liverpool v Dortmund in that quarter final. Mainly due to the spectacle, but also due to the fantastic atmosphere it generated which sought the reactions of many followers who couldn't care less about football.

Now, for the sake of argument, let us be unbiased here. Which stadium 'on its day' can rival Anfield? It certainly isn't Old Trafford with its prawn sandwich munching brigade. It is Celtic Park - and this is coming from someone who really despises a large section of that club's bigoted neanderthal supporters. But, on their day, they are great supporters. But nothing like those great Anfield nights.

Hodgson didn't lie, he was just, as per usual, full of bullshit. Surely as a Liverpool fan, you'd be well versed on the Bullshit Bible of Woy?? The England job - and the refusal to take responsibility for the clusterfuck he presided over - further proved he was a manipulative, lying c*nt. Lo and behold, every tosser who blamed us fans for not giving him a chance in 2010 have now been well and truly shut up after his debacle.

The man's entire conception of football is a f**king shambles. His tactics, his opinions, his words, his knowledge of the game - utterly dire. So, no, I won't take any word from him as 'reliable'.

As a Liverpool fan, you really really should know better.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9740: Sep 12, 2016 03:54:55 am
      Just back to Jürgen for a quick second, how good is it that when we attack we have upwards of 5 or 6 players in the box when the ball goes out wide? Always movement in the final third and allows players like Lallana and Gigi to burst forward like they naturally want to.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9741: Sep 12, 2016 05:38:34 am
      Just keep the wining formula/selection Jürgen

Beaten last season's two top teams .
      Put four past each of them .
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #9742: Sep 12, 2016 07:21:58 am

Exactomundo and we have still not made progress in some people's eyes. Sheesh. Consistency takes time and this is Klopp's 1st full season. Please people - be patient and we will get there. YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9743: Sep 12, 2016 08:27:27 am
      Exactomundo and we have still not made progress in some people's eyes. Sheesh. Consistency takes time and this is Klopp's 1st full season. Please people - be patient and we will get there. YNWA

Amen to that bro ....
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9744: Sep 12, 2016 08:37:47 am

Now for Manure,City and Chelsea put 4 each past those tw*ts and we will be well and truly on our way.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #9745: Sep 12, 2016 09:27:29 am
      Now for Manure,City and Chelsea put 4 each past those tw*ts and we will be well and truly on our way.

Now, now. What comes after 4? ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9746: Sep 12, 2016 09:30:46 am

Is it 6,I was never any good at maths or sums as it used to be called many years ago.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9747: Sep 12, 2016 09:53:18 am
      "I'm responsible for bad performances, they are responsible for the good ones. It's quite an easy deal."

What a man Jürgen is that's the sort of leader I want at the helm of my club, it's that mark of a man that wins you championships.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9748: Sep 12, 2016 06:42:56 pm
      Didn't notice this but the white nets are back by request of Klopp and his coaches as it's far more noticeable in the players peripheral vision than the camouflage red nets in the hope that it will bring more goals!

Small details and all that!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9749: Sep 12, 2016 08:43:36 pm
      Didn't notice this but the white nets are back by request of Klopp and his coaches as it's far more noticeable in the players peripheral vision than the camouflage red nets in the hope that it will bring more goals!

Small details and all that!

Thanks for  that  . The question was asked .
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #9750: Sep 14, 2016 11:14:30 am
      Ironically, that's quite short sighted.

Scoring more goals isn't just a simple question of being able to see the nets more clearly.

Just thought I'd check in whilst I'm lazing on the beach :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #9751: Sep 14, 2016 01:43:12 pm
      Ironically, that's quite short sighted.

Scoring more goals isn't just a simple question of being able to see the nets more clearly.

Just thought I'd check in whilst I'm lazing on the beach :)

That's actually  not irony. And no one said that it was a simple question, just that it's a part of the entire equation. Go back to sleep.

Quick Reply