Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1557506 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #11937: Feb 14, 2017 05:34:12 pm
      Right, but we sold Bellamy to get Torres and we sold Torres to get Suarez - if we had stopped selling our best players we would be stuck with Bellamy.

We are not a top-level club any more and we dont have massive financial resources so the only way we canb succeed is to trade up until we are - buy low sell high.

Incorrect. Suarez was bought in to partner Torres, but Torres wanted out leaving us late in the day to get big Andy...

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11938: Feb 14, 2017 06:08:34 pm
      Sure you can say that the Dutch, Croatian, French or Austrian leagues aren't the best when drawing conclusions on their experience and proven quality but they're still winners and I doubt very much that any of them would be happy to know that the honours they've won aren't worth anything.

Of course they're worth something - but having won the Croatian league hardly means they are "proven" for the Premier League, which is the more important point.

Sturridge, Can, Grujic, Markovic, Coutinho and Moreno who between them have 5 Titles, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 Europa League and 8 Domestic Cup medals.

And again that's stretching things by quite a bit, isn't it? So those players have won 2 Champions Leagues? Only to the same extent that Josemi is a Champions League winner. I have serious doubts if Emre Can even got to the pitch for Bayern in the season they won the competition. I guess one of those league titles are Sturridge's? Again something he won by barely getting to the pitch, and was quite unimportant in their UCL win as well.

So our inexperienced, not won anything squad has 17 Domestic Titles, 3 European Titles and 20 Domestic Cup WINNERS medals between them.  Oh plus the 2 Domestic Cup winners medals that Hendo and Lucas have won whilst with us.

Most smaller leagues which hardly mean they're experienced or winners at the level we expect Liverpool players to be. The actual big trophies in that list were mostly won by players who were either relatively unimportant to their team or maybe haven't even actually played in them. Even the trophies those players have actually won for us is the smallest they possibly could have won.

I'm sorry Debs but you can try to play up the Serbian league or the fact Can won a UCL despite playing 0 minutes all day long, the point that we hardly actually sign proven and experienced players remains IMO.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11939: Feb 14, 2017 06:24:51 pm
      Of course they're worth something - but having won the Croatian league hardly means they are "proven" for the Premier League, which is the more important point.

And again that's stretching things by quite a bit, isn't it? So those players have won 2 Champions Leagues? Only to the same extent that Josemi is a Champions League winner. I have serious doubts if Emre Can even got to the pitch for Bayern in the season they won the competition. I guess one of those league titles are Sturridge's? Again something he won by barely getting to the pitch, and was quite unimportant in their UCL win as well.

Most smaller leagues which hardly mean they're experienced or winners at the level we expect Liverpool players to be. The actual big trophies in that list were mostly won by players who were either relatively unimportant to their team or maybe haven't even actually played in them. Even the trophies those players have actually won for us is the smallest they possibly could have won.

I'm sorry Debs but you can try to play up the Serbian league or the fact Can won a UCL despite playing 0 minutes all day long, the point that we hardly actually sign proven and experienced players remains IMO.

I get it mate, you and others think the only players worthy and the only players we should be signing are those still in their prime with PL or CL winners medals.  So players from the scum, the chavs, shitty, Bayern, Barca or Madrid.

It ain't going to happen mate because we've NEVER bought those types of players, even in our glory days, yet there's still winners out there who are better than and would improve what we already have.

It's pointless even talking about the squad, the manager, the club, they're all F***ing losers and we'll never win anything ever again. 

All of them F***ing useless, all of them F***ing losers, all of them with bad attitudes, F***ing losers the lot of them.  It would be more humane to everyone if the club was disbanded and Anfield demolished.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11940: Feb 14, 2017 06:37:06 pm
      I get it mate, you and others think the only players worthy and the only players we should be signing are those still in their prime with PL or CL winners medals.  So players from the scum, the chavs, shitty, Bayern, Barca or Madrid.

It ain't going to happen mate because we've NEVER bought those types of players, even in our glory days, yet there's still winners out there who are better than and would improve what we already have.

It's pointless even talking about the squad, the manager, the club, they're all f**king losers and we'll never win anything ever again. 

All of them f**king useless, all of them f**king losers, all of them with bad attitudes, f**king losers the lot of them.  It would be more humane to everyone if the club was disbanded and Anfield demolished.

I'm sorry Debs, I get you're frustrated with a lot of people and some of the sh*t in this forum but I never suggested anything even close to all that. I personally hate the mood around here when people feel like they need to be radical about everything: you either hate the owners or you love them; or you need to choose between which managers you like (Rafa, Kenny, Rodgers, Klopp) and that means you immediately have an "agenda" against the others if you dare to compare them; you either think everything is fine or that the end of the world is near and we'll never win anything again in a million years. As it turns out, I actually quite like our owners, with some reservations; I love to some extent every single one of the managers I mentioned; and I'm very often a deluded optimistic that spends money I don't actually have to fly over all the way to Basel in the hope we'll actually win something again, but I also see some serious faults in our team.

Anyway... at the end of the day, if we sign winners or not is immaterial as long as they win something for our football club. The problem is they haven't done much of that trophy lifting exercise of late, and I guess it's perfectly fair to suggest that this might be partially due to a lack of experience - both in terms of age but also of playing important matches and winning them. Our glory days were over 30 years ago now and the fact is the world has changed. We can hardly expect our next goalscorer to come from Chester City, or Schuntorpe United. Saying we need more experience surely doesn't equal to suggesting we should only sign players from Barcelona or whatever. I just think that all that is fairly straightforward and there's no need to pretend that Emre Can is an "experienced winner" because he won a Champions League medal by being registered in the squad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #11941: Feb 14, 2017 07:12:56 pm
      We may not have bought elite players in our hey day but we were certainly not afraid to spend money.

Whereas now it seems like the club are still scarred from the Carroll signing.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #11942: Feb 14, 2017 07:16:54 pm
      Well yes - you prove my point - we can buy a Mané but not a Pogba.

If we can only afford one or two top players we will never win the league - maybe a cup or two.

Sorry, don't think I'm being clear. What I'm getting at is that I don't think it's beyond our limit to go out and sign a player for 50mill, so long as it isn't every single time we want a player. I think we are close to having a very good team and having that one or two extra players of real quality will drag every one else up  and thereby increase their value in any case, e.g Coutinho, he's just crying out for a player on his wavelength in order for him to make the step up but we aren't bringing in that level of quality.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #11943: Feb 14, 2017 09:47:00 pm
      Why haven't more of us being asking why in a season when we're not in Europe were the cups treated as a distraction? I genuinely think with those teams fielded in the FA cup he couldn't get out of the competition fast enough and for what? To now have 2 possibly 3 weeks without a game? So we can have a 'mini pre-season' for them to go sun themselves? I'm not interested in a mini pre-season, especially in a season void of European football. The club has completely lost its mentality for winning trophies, we'd rather be doing sprints round melwood than competing for silverware. Jürgen Klopp experienced this last year why did a tight fixture schedule for 4-5 weeks break our season? What's the plans next year when we're back in Europe? Has Jürgen heard of the principle of managed rotation?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11944: Feb 14, 2017 09:51:11 pm
      Why haven't more of us being asking why in a season when we're not in Europe were the cups treated as a distraction? I genuinely think with those teams fielded in the FA cup he couldn't get out of the competition fast enough and for what? To now have 2 possibly 3 weeks without a game? So we can have a 'mini pre-season' for them to go sun themselves? I'm not interested in a mini pre-season, especially in a season void of European football. The club has completely lost its mentality for winning trophies, we'd rather be doing sprints round melwood than competing for silverware. Jürgen Klopp experienced this last year why did a tight fixture schedule for 4-5 weeks break our season? What's the plans next year when we're back in Europe? Has Jürgen heard of the principle of managed rotation?

He's been sitting by the phone all F***ing WEEK waiting for you to call him and tell him about it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #11945: Feb 14, 2017 09:52:30 pm

You crawled back out from your cave?

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #11946: Feb 14, 2017 09:54:38 pm

F**k off you c**t, before the Spurs game all you can do is slate the team and the manager and tell us how we are going to be put on a plate by Spurs and then when we paste them all you can muster in the thread is 'I'm happy we won'. 4 F***ing words and now you're back in here again on your usual wind up.

And now you're going to come back with some shitty comment and continue with your usual sh*t for the rest of the season and beyond.  You're a bad bell you are.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #11947: Feb 14, 2017 09:58:46 pm
      F**k off you c**t, before the Spurs game all you can do is slate the team and the manager and tell us how we are going to be put on a plate by Spurs and then when we paste them all you can muster in the thread is 'I'm happy we won'. 4 f**king words and now you're back in here again on your usual wind up.

And now you're going to come back with some shitty comment and continue with your usual sh*t for the rest of the season and beyond.  You're a bad bell you are.

Are you sexually frustrated?
      You 3 are like the hall way monitors I have no faith in this manger and I'll sing it from the roof tops if you don't like it there's a little 'ignore tab' I'm convinced you will be able to figure how to make use of. At least there used to be I don't use it as I quite like reading opinions different to my own
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #11948: Feb 14, 2017 10:16:08 pm

Sure you're not lad!!

All the bitching you're doing at the moment and after a good win at the weekend and you're still F***ing moaning, sounds like you ain't getting any, if we're all honest here.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11949: Feb 14, 2017 10:21:02 pm
      You 3 are like the hall way monitors I have no faith in this manger and I'll sing it from the roof tops if you don't like it there's a little 'ignore tab' I'm convinced you will be able to figure how to make use of. At least there used to be I don't use it as I quite like reading opinions different to my own

Don't ever remember Mary being that fussy in the nativity.

Anyway what is it with you tonight? If your not talking about f**king bread in the Henderson thread your offering sex counselling in this one.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #11950: Feb 14, 2017 10:22:36 pm
      Sure you're not lad!!

All the bitching at the moment and after a good win at the weekend and you're still f**king moaning, sounds like you ain't getting any, if we're all honest here.

Im not happy to admit it :-)
      I'm pissed off we're out of 3 comps in the blink of an eye so shoot me down and rain your tirades of ill will upon thee.
      The weekend was brilliant no one more delighted than me but it's one game where was that performance against teams not half as good as Tottenhamm? In a league that was billed as the strongest top 6 possibly ever in the PL we could go unbeaten in those games (we are so far in eight) and yet finish 6th having exited the cups to Southampton and Wolves. How the f**k is that possible?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #11951: Feb 14, 2017 10:25:48 pm
      I am happy to admit it :-)
      I'm pissed off we're out of 3 comps in the blink of an eye so shoot me down and rain your tirades of ill will upon thee.
      The weekend was brilliant no one more delighted than me but it's one game where was that performance against teams not half as good as Tottenhamm? In a league that was billed as the strongest top 6 possibly ever in the PL we could go unbeaten in those games (we are so far in eight) and yet finish 6th having exited the cups to Southampton and Wolves. How the f**k is that possible?

Wrong,  I was more delighted than you and had the bruises from twatting my shins against the seat in front on me on the kop celebrating both Mane goals to prove it 8)

Tirades of ill will hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha - ya divvy!!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #11952: Feb 14, 2017 10:29:06 pm
      Wrong,  I was more delighted than you and had the bruises from twatting my shins against the seat in front on me on the kop celebrating both Mane goals to prove it 8)

Tirades of ill will hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha - ya divvy!!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #11953: Feb 15, 2017 12:09:24 am

Who would you have faith in....I can't wait to hear the answer to this one. If Jürgen effing Klopp isn't good enough to instill faith  in you, then what do you have for us fella? 
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11954: Feb 15, 2017 07:29:20 am

That's quite extreme Alfie - losing faith in him already/ or prior to him coming here?

I think we have to be more patient.

However, the lack of answers he had during that 5 week blip was a concern to me, no doubt. I can't sugarcoat that.

'Hopefully' we're on the up now although I'm still short of holding my breath on that count, until we come up against our Achilles Heel - the National Express coaching company.

After reading Lallana's comments too, about how the players all pulled together for that win over Tottenham with their meeting, there is, for me anyway, still concerns about the effect Klopp has to be proactive in the midst of a blip.

Hopefully though, it's done now and we're over that and the next time we encounter such a disastrous run, Klopp can pull the team out of it much quicker. For me, that was his first real test in the face of adversity and it was just so prolonged that hand on heart he didn't really come out of that smelling of roses. Doesn't mean I've lost faith, it just means now that I have some concerns about this going forward.

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2017 09:05:48 am by Beerbelly »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11955: Feb 18, 2017 11:24:45 pm
      Barcelona eyeing Jürgen Klopp as Liverpool boss emerges as contender to replace Luis Enrique

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-eyeing-Jürgen-klopp-liverpool-9846695
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11956: Feb 18, 2017 11:43:45 pm
      Barcelona eyeing Jürgen Klopp as Liverpool boss emerges as contender to replace Luis Enrique

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-eyeing-Jürgen-klopp-liverpool-9846695

Wow it really is a slow few days for them isn't it. First Klopp will bring Gotze to the club in the summer and now Klopp is off to Barca.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11957: Feb 18, 2017 11:45:49 pm
      Wow it really is a slow few days for them isn't it. First Klopp will bring Gotze to the club in the summer and now Klopp is off to Barca.

Well, let's be fair, they didn't actually say Klopp was off to Barca did they, more that they are 'apparently' interested in his services.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11958: Feb 19, 2017 12:08:46 am
      Well, let's be fair, they didn't actually say Klopp was off to Barca did they, more that they are 'apparently' interested in his services.

No but you get the jist of what I was saying.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11959: Feb 19, 2017 10:55:51 am
      If Jürgen did go to Barca, do you think he'd still try and buy players for the future, develop his own, unknowns and all that? Or do you think he'd buy the odd "ready made" top player?

Quick Reply