Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1527905 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #11983: Feb 21, 2017 12:18:58 am
      What saying Jürgen Klopp wouldn't be considered to be Barca coach is a wind up? To me it's a wind up to say he would be

You're just being silly now. I know you aren't that thick.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #11984: Feb 21, 2017 12:24:40 am
      You're just being silly now. I know you aren't that thick.

Felix Magath won a Bundesliga with Wolfsburg maybe they should consider him
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #11985: Feb 21, 2017 12:25:11 am
      Quote from bigmick
      I must confess given we've not got any European football to worry about I have found the scratch team in cup matches a bit frustrating. We would have been playing Chelsea at Anfield had we got past Wolves at home, and given I had a pair of tickets for the Carling Cup final I was naturally absolutely gutted we couldn't get past f****** Southampton over two legs. Equally, I think the mass rotation and playing of youngsters leading to poor results has impacted on our first team too.

The current table has everyone on 25 league games. With the Burnley home game going ahead as scheduled, all our main rivals will have games in hand on us by the international break, (some more than one) so they will know exactly what they need to take advantage of any dropped points we have over the coming weeks. That means us going to City and winning, as well as the other games. Any draws will be even more expensive than they've been so far. So while the schedule is light, the pressure to win is greater.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #11986: Feb 21, 2017 12:57:16 am
      Is there any direct qoute from Barcelona at all that said they cant him from Liverpool if they wanted?

Hahahahaha ffs like you're going to get a direct quote from another club regarding a manager already in employment.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11987: Feb 21, 2017 01:06:26 am
      Is there any direct qoute from Barcelona at all that said they cant him from Liverpool if they wanted?

Felix Magath won a Bundesliga with Wolfsburg maybe they should consider him

F***ing hell - Beavis and Butthead are in the house.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #11988: Feb 21, 2017 01:56:04 am
      Ripabu you don't deserve to support a team that is managed by Klopp.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #11989: Feb 21, 2017 02:01:21 am
      Ripabu you don't deserve to support a team that is managed by Klopp.

F**k knows why he's a Liverpool supporter.

Stupid wet plank he is.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #11990: Feb 21, 2017 02:44:16 am
      Too right mate.  I agree with the poster about bringing back the - on posts.  Because them post deserve -50.  Not just about Klopp.  Best team in the world my arse, they can't do what they want.  They got Suarez that doesn't mean they can play at Anfield and tell us to play some where else.  Corrupt c--ts can't dictate to us.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #11991: Feb 21, 2017 10:10:48 am
      You guys are like sheep and have to follow the a popular idea even if it is deluded. Barcelona have not flinched, there is no mention of this from Barcelona at all... just papers with nothing to print now transfer window is shut. You lot clearly have no idea the players Dortmund had when Klopp won Bundesliga to say he won the league without much funds. Lewandowski and Gotze are just two of them. You can have a netspend of 200m and have a **** team or a netspend of -50m and have good team. It is the same reason just because Rodgers is doing well at Celtic doesn't mean he is any better than an average manager. A lot of managers could manage Celtic and win the league, the same as at Dortmund... with Gotze and Lewandowski it is not an impossible task, like when Suarez was at Liverpool Rodgers almost won the league.

Lets have a look at January results and decide when Barcelona started getting there recent imaginary interest.

Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool 
      Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle 
      Southampton 1-0 Liverpool 
      Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool
      Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool
      Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City
      Liverpool 0-1 Southampton
      Liverpool 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers
      Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

My point is Barcelona won't be interested in Klopp right now, any talk it is because they can't get is garbage. Barcelona never said they wanted him. The fact that so many are offended because I said Barcelona won't be interested in him unless he does better at Liverpool is mind boggling.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2017 10:25:47 am by Ribapuru »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #11992: Feb 21, 2017 10:25:56 am
      What saying Jürgen Klopp wouldn't be considered to be Barca coach is a wind up? To me it's a wind up to say he would be

Have you considered it's a smoke screen about Klopp & maybe Coutinho could be be discussed?

Just putting it out there...Barcelona's midfield ain't functioning as it's supposed to with the overall reliance of the MSN..

As for Klopp to Barcelona? We got more chance of winning the FA cup this season...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #11993: Feb 21, 2017 10:35:43 am
      Have you considered it's a smoke screen about Klopp & maybe Coutinho could be be discussed?

Just putting it out there...Barcelona's midfield ain't functioning as it's supposed to with the overall reliance of the MSN..

As for Klopp to Barcelona? We got more chance of winning the FA cup this season...
      Player transfers always get leaked by agents. That would have been leaked. I agree about Klopp though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11994: Feb 21, 2017 11:29:36 am
      I genuinely don't think it has anything to do with our manager, players, their players etc. If they've invited JWH in person then it'll be more to do with something club related like the stadium. The owners love Klopp because he's a world class manager and their philosophy's match up. As if they'd go all the way to Barcelona to discuss something they wouldn't possibly be interested in.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11995: Feb 21, 2017 01:22:05 pm
      To be fair Klopp and Barca seem like chalk and cheese.

Imagine the president of Barcelonas face when Klopp goes in and tries to persuade him buying the best players isn't the way forward.

Not having a go or anything but it just wouldn't work out with the Barcelona fans. Can't imagine them being happy buying hard working, smaller named players.

A contrast of styles and philosophy if ever there was one.

I think this boils down to Barca being after ideas on expanding a stadium on the cheap and John will be after being seen with the great and good of soccerball.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #11996: Feb 21, 2017 02:46:33 pm
      Way too many conspiracy theories of why JWH was at Camp Nou.

Chief executives regularly get freebie invites to give talks on increasing efficiency, maximising profits out of consumers, sorry meant fans, merchandising blah blah.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11997: Feb 21, 2017 03:38:53 pm
      You guys are like sheep and have to follow the a popular idea even if it is deluded. Barcelona have not flinched, there is no mention of this from Barcelona at all... just papers with nothing to print now transfer window is shut. You lot clearly have no idea the players Dortmund had when Klopp won Bundesliga to say he won the league without much funds. Lewandowski and Gotze are just two of them. You can have a netspend of 200m and have a **** team or a netspend of -50m and have good team. It is the same reason just because Rodgers is doing well at Celtic doesn't mean he is any better than an average manager. A lot of managers could manage Celtic and win the league, the same as at Dortmund... with Gotze and Lewandowski it is not an impossible task, like when Suarez was at Liverpool Rodgers almost won the league.

Lets have a look at January results and decide when Barcelona started getting there recent imaginary interest.

Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool 
      Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle 
      Southampton 1-0 Liverpool 
      Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool
      Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool
      Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City
      Liverpool 0-1 Southampton
      Liverpool 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers
      Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

My point is Barcelona won't be interested in Klopp right now, any talk it is because they can't get is garbage. Barcelona never said they wanted him. The fact that so many are offended because I said Barcelona won't be interested in him unless he does better at Liverpool is mind boggling.

You gave Roy Hodgson less grief when he was in charge of your beloved Engerland.

Tells us all we need to know about you.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #11998: Feb 21, 2017 04:12:07 pm
      Pretty much a must listen too imo, puts a lot of insight into what the manager is trying to accomplish; pretty long  but well well worth it.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/02/free-podcast-Jürgen-klopps-thinking-games/

One of the best podcasts I have heard.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #11999: Feb 24, 2017 01:02:53 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12000: Feb 24, 2017 05:27:58 pm
      Pretty much a must listen too imo, puts a lot of insight into what the manager is trying to accomplish; pretty long  but well well worth it.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/02/free-podcast-Jürgen-klopps-thinking-games/

One of the best podcasts I have heard.

I think the author of this piece: https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/02/liverpool-Jürgen-klopp-is-building-a-winning-culture-at-anfield-just-like-the-greats-before-him/

Paul Cope - was one of the gents in the podcast. I also heartily recommend the article. Here are his concluding paragraphs:

"So, no drum beating or fist clenching this week, just a calm reminder that great things tend to take time to build. There are exceptions, and we should always strive to be one, but building solid foundations that will last for years is arguably the most important thing Klopp and his team will do for us as a football club.

After all, if we’re going to build the club up and up to being a bastion of invincibility, we’ll need to make sure that the foundations are strong enough to hold."
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #12001: Feb 24, 2017 08:52:02 pm
      I think the author of this piece: https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/02/liverpool-Jürgen-klopp-is-building-a-winning-culture-at-anfield-just-like-the-greats-before-him/

Paul Cope - was one of the gents in the podcast. I also heartily recommend the article. Here are his concluding paragraphs:

"So, no drum beating or fist clenching this week, just a calm reminder that great things tend to take time to build. There are exceptions, and we should always strive to be one, but building solid foundations that will last for years is arguably the most important thing Klopp and his team will do for us as a football club.

After all, if we’re going to build the club up and up to being a bastion of invincibility, we’ll need to make sure that the foundations are strong enough to hold."

As much as i love the sentiment about this piece , it is hopelessly naive and tethered in a bygone age of thinking.  Football simply doesn't work like this anymore.

Your rivals will outspend your principles and romanticism . Nice to dream now and again though.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #12002: Feb 27, 2017 09:48:37 pm
      Poor from the manager, but I can only blame him so much - the fact is, this squad would be bare thin and lacking depth with or without Klopp. Any manager would struggle with stupid fat c*nts like Emre Can in the squad. The very fact that two midfielders are playing in defence is a severe indictment on FSG's terrible recruitment strategy. Just one example that sums them up, Moreno was supposed to be the left back, but he's proven himself to be an absolute clown.

And it's a squad full of absolute spineless wimpish clowns. FSG have played this Moneyball strategy hoping to buy out of the bargain bins and look what they've done, they've wasted sh*t loads of money on a terrible squad of players. As was said by another poster, a camel is a horse designed by committee. Well Liverpool play like camels because we were designed by committee. I can't even put my support behind them - these players don't have any songs because we don't have any character. It's tough to get behind a team full of imposters who couldn't care less about Liverpool FC.

If I were Jürgen, I'd probably be regretting working under these incompetent c*nts like Michael Edwards, Dave Fallows, Barry Hunter, Mike Gordon and Ian Ayre who have presided over the last 6 years in providing us with an absolute sh*t shower of a football team.

We can keep blaming the managers but its high time they took the brunt.

FSG - its time to sell up.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #12003: Feb 27, 2017 09:56:10 pm
      Everyone blaming FSG needs to shut up. Klopp didn't get the basics right. Lucas on vardy idiotic. No amount of money could solve that thinking. Take of your rose tinted glasses when it comes to klopp. He is still our best hope and we won't get a better manager but he is F***ing up big time this year
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #12004: Feb 27, 2017 09:56:53 pm
      Poor transfers aside. Jürgen it was as clear as day what you put out was not working, so why wait till were 3-0 down to change things.

Firmino should not have stayed on ahead of Mane, made no F***ing sense.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #12005: Feb 27, 2017 09:59:54 pm
      Klopp may be our best hope, but how is going get any top players if we end up 6 in league more sh*t work with l won't be surprise lf he walk away we use be big club now we just mid table team

Quick Reply