Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1530551 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #12903: Jun 30, 2017 12:36:21 pm
      I don't see why the F**k anyone feels compeled to lie and re-write history here. :lmao:

The truth is...

Jürgen only finished 8th with the  £200m + starting XI, [built on the back of a sh*te transfer policy], he actually inherited. Although some saw it as heresy, when his inability to polish a turd had been suggested, a few of us sort of already knew that this was the best we could expect so it was no big deal. 😉

Jürgen was savvy enough to know he couldn't do much more, without new signings. With those £75m worth of new additions; as expected, he secured a top four finish. A nice end to a thrilling season.

The honourable man that he is; Jürgen was honest enough to admit that he needs to "buy quality" if we want "to compete at a higher level" and that the PL is a different kettle of fish to Germany, in every way.

I have every faith that Jürgen [armed with that knowledge] will demand FSG keep spending those tens and tens and tens of millions on experienced/quality players.

He knows [like most of us now it seems 😉] that, in a league where top managers and players are the norm and all top teams strenghten, we can not sustain a serious winning effort otherwise.

And as that [being given the ammo to win] is all a few of us have consistently asked for... what's not to like? 😎
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017 01:45:10 pm by bad boy bubby »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12904: Jun 30, 2017 01:44:20 pm
      ...   and Piers Morgan still cries like a baby every night that the Gooners didn't get him.

;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #12905: Jun 30, 2017 02:01:17 pm
      ...   and Piers Morgan still cries like a baby every night

Fixed it for you ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12906: Jun 30, 2017 05:36:29 pm

.......and Piers Morgan is a Kunt and cries every night!

Fixed it better 😁

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12907: Jun 30, 2017 06:19:49 pm
      ...   and Piers Morgan still cries like a baby every night that the Gooners didn't get him.

;D
      Piers Morgan just chats constant bias **** that would make Wenger proud.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017 06:28:19 pm by Ribapuru »
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #12908: Jul 01, 2017 12:26:07 pm
      I don't see why the f**k anyone feels compeled to lie and re-write history here. :lmao:

The truth is...

Jürgen only finished 8th with the  £200m + starting XI, [built on the back of a sh*te transfer policy], he actually inherited. Although some saw it as heresy, when his inability to polish a turd had been suggested, a few of us sort of already knew that this was the best we could expect so it was no big deal. 😉

The truth also is...he got to two cup finals inside his first 9 months, something his predecessor couldn't do in over 3 years. He also "only" finished 4th in his first full season, despite having a negative net spend on the squad he inherited in October 15.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12909: Jul 02, 2017 01:27:51 pm
      The truth also is...he got to two cup finals inside his first 9 months, something his predecessor couldn't do in over 3 years. 

Oops .

My bad .

Couldn't  resist it .

;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #12910: Jul 02, 2017 02:27:46 pm
      I love Jürgen Klopp as much as anyone else, but can we stop acting like making it to a cup final (without winning) is some sort of accomplishment?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #12911: Jul 02, 2017 02:36:33 pm
      I love Jürgen Klopp as much as anyone else, but can we stop acting like making it to a cup final (without winning) is some sort of accomplishment?

What else would you call it?

It is a achievement reaching any final, you got to be in it to win it, don't you?

Disappointing when you don't obviously, but its still a achievement none the less!

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12912: Jul 02, 2017 04:15:23 pm

It is a achievement reaching any final, you got to be in it to win it, don't you?

Disappointing when you don't obviously, but its still a achievement none the less!

YNWA

Especially with that other person's team and players .

Ouch .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #12913: Jul 02, 2017 05:08:12 pm

YNWA

I've never walked around feeling accomplished at being runner up. I guess maybe other people are different. Can't imagine Bob or Shanks bigging up making it to a cup final but not winning.

Celebrating cup finals feels a bit mid table to me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #12914: Jul 03, 2017 02:44:27 am
      I've never walked around feeling accomplished at being runner up. I guess maybe other people are different. Can't imagine Bob or Shanks bigging up making it to a cup final but not winning.

Tend to agree and I get the feeling Jürgen would see it the same way.

He's a winner and he'll be a winner with us I have no doubt about that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #12915: Jul 03, 2017 01:03:06 pm
      The Boss has done his bit in persuading all his targets to come to LFC.
      Can FSG Deliver?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12916: Jul 03, 2017 03:54:46 pm

They're still negotiating with myhermes..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12917: Jul 03, 2017 05:33:30 pm
      They're still negotiating with myhermes..

Jürgen uses   D.P.D.

On time German efficiency .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12918: Jul 03, 2017 06:00:40 pm
      The Boss has done his bit in persuading all his targets to come to LFC.
      Can FSG Deliver?

Only within a 3 mile radius
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #12919: Jul 03, 2017 06:35:14 pm

I don't go around bigging it up either mate and of course you're right regarding Bill & Bob, or Joe for that matter, all I'm saying is its a achievement reaching a final, doesn't mean we pop the champagne corks to celebrate tho,

I'd rather we get to finals rather being knocked out in earlier rounds, at least then we can say we gave it our all, and if we just happen to lose then sometimes you just have to acknowledge we were second best on that particular day.

YNWA
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12920: Jul 03, 2017 08:08:28 pm
      I don't go around bigging it up either mate and of course you're right regarding Bill & Bob, or Joe for that matter, all I'm saying is its a achievement reaching a final, doesn't mean we pop the champagne corks to celebrate tho,

I'd rather we get to finals rather being knocked out in earlier rounds, at least then we can say we gave it our all, and if we just happen to lose then sometimes you just have to acknowledge we were second best on that particular day.

YNWA

It's also a sign of the quality of the manager and the progression the club is making.....13/14 was a great season but there was zero follow-thru and the bottom fell out....Have a feeling Jürgen is creating a much more stable and resilient platform on which to grow and progress.

We made it to top four the hard way...we now need to tighten our grip at the expense of Spurs and Arsenal and hold it. Consistently being in the Champions league and finishing top four (while itself is not a grand accomplishment) is a step towards recruiting and holding on to better players and being in the conversation for the best players.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12921: Jul 04, 2017 01:08:06 am

Consistently being in the Champions league and finishing top four (while itself is not a grand accomplishment) is a step towards recruiting and holding on to better players and being in the conversation for the best players.

Exactamundo . Thats the plan .

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #12922: Jul 04, 2017 10:15:57 am
      It's also a sign of the quality of the manager and the progression the club is making.....13/14 was a great season but there was zero follow-thru and the bottom fell out....Have a feeling Jürgen is creating a much more stable and resilient platform on which to grow and progress.

We made it to top four the hard way...we now need to tighten our grip at the expense of Spurs and Arsenal and hold it. Consistently being in the Champions league and finishing top four (while itself is not a grand accomplishment) is a step towards recruiting and holding on to better players and being in the conversation for the best players.

Nail, hit & head mate,  exactly what we've been wanting for Fookin yrs,  It's getting closer and with Jürgen at the helm for me its inevitable.

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #12923: Jul 04, 2017 11:23:00 am
      Ermmm..

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/882178206052253696

Jürgen Klopp WILL win Premier League - then join Bayern Munich says Ottmar Hitzfeld
      Legendary German coach says Klopp is building something at Anfield

Jürgen Klopp will lead Liverpool to Premier League title glory, according to legendary Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld.

The 68-year-old German is convinced that Klopp will end the Reds' long wait for a 19 top-flight crown and then he wants him to return to his homeland and take over at Bayern.

“He will be an English champion sooner or later, of that I am firmly convinced. He is building something with Liverpool.

“He is a motivator and is a fantastic advertisement for German coaches. To get appointed in England is not easy – he did it.”

Klopp is under contract at Anfield until 2022 and has previously suggested that Liverpool could be his last managerial role.

However, Hitzfeld, who led Bayern to five Bundesliga titles and the Champions League during his time in charge, believes he will be in charge at the Allianz Arena later in his career.

“Jürgen Klopp always belongs among the candidates at Bayern,” he added.

“He knows the Bundesliga, he became German champion and won the trophy. I think and I expect him to be the coach of Bayern.”

« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2017 11:27:53 am by Shabs »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12924: Jul 04, 2017 03:31:39 pm
      First point  ...... Yes .

Second Point ...... Nein.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #12925: Jul 04, 2017 09:53:44 pm
      I hope Jürgen wants to build a dynasty with Liverpool, staying at least 5 years here, winning us at least one PL-title, one FA-Cup and one CL-trophy. As long as Rafa is around I am not too concerned. I don't know how much Jürgen loves our team (I hope he doesn't see us as a step to "further glory" with Real, Barca or München), but I know Rafa did and still does. He had a connection with the club beyond money and career. If Jürgen leaves, Rafa is more than welcome back.

Quick Reply