Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526638 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13041: Aug 07, 2017 04:05:12 pm
      It could be a lot worse folks, not so long ago this was our starting 11.  ;D

I loved wee Jay but he actually looks like one of those "comedians" who sticks a jersey on and photobombs an official lineup there......he is dying to pish himself laughing!

Mind he has more right to be near a red jersey than a few of those f#ckers  :f_steam: :mad:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13042: Aug 07, 2017 04:10:48 pm
      I loved wee Jay but he actually looks like one of those "comedians" who sticks a jersey on and photobombs an official lineup there......he is dying to pish himself laughing!

Mind he has more right to be near a red jersey than a few of those f#ckers  :f_steam: :mad:

What's worse is the hidden presence in that photo. You know who's standing on the touchline behind the photographer...lurking, ready to weave disaster and catastrophe.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13043: Aug 07, 2017 05:01:51 pm
      You almost have to think Klopp has something up  his sleeve, because why would he make such confusing statements? We all know he's been chasing hard after VVD and Keita...why all of the sudden  try and play it off like it's no big deal? Hell, I'd rather here him admit defeat and show some frustration as opposed to an "Oh well, we tried,  but we really didn't need them anyway".

For me, it is only PR. We fu**ed ourselves with VVD so the Liverpool staff can't cry because it is their fault.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13044: Aug 07, 2017 05:29:52 pm
      For me, it is only PR. We fu**ed ourselves with VVD so the Liverpool staff can't cry because it is their fault.

Maybe Klopp did have something up his sleeve.....
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #13045: Aug 07, 2017 05:43:38 pm

With the exception of N'Gog and Johnson it looks Like a Neo Nazi meeting photo 😂
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #13046: Aug 07, 2017 06:51:05 pm
      Aye some of Klopp's recent comments are a worry for sure. First it was new signing Alberto Moreno, then it was James Milner is like having a new signing in midfield and now he is happy with the 4 centre-halves on the books and doesn't need to get another one in. Of course it could just be words but it does feel like he is setting everybody up for the prospect of no more (or very few) players coming in this window. I just hope that isn't the case.
      I quite like his, Mignolet is perfect for Liverpool comment the most. Still quality manager though
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13047: Aug 07, 2017 08:43:41 pm

Most probably the baldest liverpool team ever
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #13048: Aug 07, 2017 08:50:17 pm
      Wasn't sure where to put this, but I'll put it here as it is mainly about the squad, Klopp's vision, the players, squad depth, the lack of incoming transfers etc. I'll only put the link as the article is very long, but a pretty good read in my opinion. He's spot on about pretty much everything and doesn't shy away from giving criticism where it is justified.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2017/08/paul-tomkins-big-201718-liverpool-fc-preview/

I wonder how the doomsayers will react to the article. Cue the 'he's like a new transfer'-jokes.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13049: Aug 07, 2017 09:01:06 pm
      Wasn't sure where to put this, but I'll put it here as it is mainly about the squad, Klopp's vision, the players, squad depth, the lack of incoming transfers etc. I'll only put the link as the article is very long, but a pretty good read in my opinion. He's spot on about pretty much everything and doesn't shy away from giving criticism where it is justified.

I wonder how the doomsayers will react to the article. Cue the 'he's like a new transfer'-jokes.

Tomkin's talk's straight talk...it's a good piece that is well worth the read.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #13050: Aug 07, 2017 09:16:06 pm

God above that's F***ing frightening 😳
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13051: Aug 07, 2017 09:27:52 pm
      God above that's F***ing frightening 😳

Like a cut scene from the hills have eyes.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #13052: Aug 07, 2017 09:31:32 pm
      Like a cut scene from the hills have eyes.

Excellent 👍
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13053: Aug 07, 2017 09:39:07 pm

Excellent article that Danzel cheers, reinforces a lot of what the so called 'Jürgen experts' said before he arrived and to be honest I agree with plenty of what he says.

I've seen huge improvement throughout our team, players who I thought could be replaced are at a stage where I think they're difficult to improve upon. As for the youth talent we have coming through, I thought when we had Sterling/Ibe/Suso that we had a real trio that could make a difference. Well it's fair to say that Suso is plotting a damn fine career for himself, Sterling too, already having earned us £50m and just Ibe being a total flop, which is more down to his own attitude than anything else if we're to believe the stories. Right now though, with Woodburn, Ejaria, Kent, Ojo, Solanke, Gomez and apparently Grabara, we've got a group of young lads that actually could make it to the very top and it's exciting to see them start to press for first team minutes. I have to say though I've rarely been as impressed with a young player as I have by TAA, you don't want to put labels on players, such as the next Bale, the next Gerrard etc etc but he, to me, looks like his potential has an incredibly high ceiling. All 3 of him, Solanke and Woodburn look like the they can comfortably make it as first team players, just how much further will be very interesting to watch.

Enjoyed that, cheers again.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #13054: Aug 07, 2017 10:03:34 pm
      So, let's get them chins off the f**king floor eh? ;)

Well said.  Thank you
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #13055: Aug 07, 2017 11:57:23 pm
      We were supposed to have everything ready to go once we finished last season, and Jürgen was appointed so we could sign a better class of player than Rodgers.

We all know what he thinks of transfer fees in England, and while he is right, that won't be any defence when players start dropping like flies. Indeed in two cases, it's already started. We may not need the 12 players the neighbours signed, but they are signing them as they have a huge amount of games on the way. We have a similar amount, but if anything the squad is getting reduced rather than strengthened.

Just be grateful that most of our rivals are not bringing in players every couple of days either.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13056: Aug 08, 2017 12:15:26 am
      With the exception of N'Gog and Johnson it looks Like a Neo Nazi meeting photo 😂

N'Gog looks utterly pitiful in that photo. His face perfectly captures the way he played!

Thanks Danzel. Much much needed read that.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #13057: Aug 08, 2017 01:46:17 pm
      Maybe Klopp did have something up his sleeve.....

If we do not get VVD now, never will.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13058: Aug 08, 2017 01:50:13 pm
      If we do not get VVD now, never will.

Oh absolutely.....I agree 100% which is why I'm not sure why we are once again dicking around. Virgil has done his part. Why don't we just go and bid and get this thing going.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #13059: Aug 08, 2017 02:00:45 pm
      Oh absolutely.....I agree 100% which is why I'm not sure why we are once again dicking around. Virgil has done his part. Why don't we just go and bid and get this thing going.

Because our balls are left in the fridge. We need to show intent so to keep our best players around.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13060: Aug 08, 2017 02:07:40 pm
      Because our balls are left in the fridge. We need to show intent so to keep our best players around.

Like I said in another post...we are walking around talking about how we are a big club, while acting like we are a small one. It's frustrating.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #13061: Aug 08, 2017 03:51:09 pm
      Like I said in another post...we are walking around talking about how we are a big club, while acting like we are a small one. It's frustrating.

Exactly.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13062: Aug 08, 2017 08:17:03 pm
      ESPN reporting Coutinho deal done for 81 miillon rising to 108 million with add ons. If, and it quite possibily is, true where does that leave the boss?

Seriously.

He said that no meant no there was no interpretations. So if the deal is done has he lied to fans? Has the club undermined him? Was he omitted from the final decison? Any answer leaves him in an awkward spot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13063: Aug 08, 2017 08:32:20 pm
      ESPN reporting Coutinho deal done for 81 miillon rising to 108 million with add ons. If, and it quite possibily is, true where does that leave the boss?

Seriously.

He said that no meant no there was no interpretations. So if the deal is done has he lied to fans? Has the club undermined him? Was he omitted from the final decison? Any answer leaves him in an awkward spot.

I don't think the deal is actually done Brian. I think that's Barca's people using the media to try and put pressure on the club. It's not been reported by any remotely reliable Liverpool sources.

Quick Reply