Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518791 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13087: Aug 10, 2017 10:32:46 pm
      Sincere apologies for going off topic.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #13088: Aug 10, 2017 10:49:49 pm
      For all the FSG haters

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/895763416606019585

Terrible decision in my opinion.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #13089: Aug 10, 2017 10:52:25 pm
      I agree..what the point in being an LFC supporter and being glass half-full personality.

The two for the most part are totally opposite of each other.

Haha yes! Tompkins could write 5 pages of positivity even if we got relegated I reckon!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #13090: Aug 10, 2017 11:35:11 pm
      plenty of quality players other than these.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13091: Aug 10, 2017 11:59:35 pm

Yup...so he has got full control and he is calling the shots or he is a company man through and through no second guessing a statement like that.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017 12:10:54 am by AZPatriot »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13092: Aug 11, 2017 08:02:19 am
      Haha yes! Tompkins could write 5 pages of positivity even if we got relegated I reckon!

John W Henry only follows 26 people on Twitter and Tompkins is one of them.

Just saying.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13093: Aug 11, 2017 10:32:44 am

Kind of backs up what I've "said all along" mate. Rather than tell FSG to disband the transfer committee and bin off Edwards with his computer programmes, Jürgen just renders them redundant.

I'd love to see the list of players they've given the boss as "alternatives" to VVD and Keita, and how much cheaper they would have been. That Jurgens response has been "nah, if I can't have those two I won't bother thanks" is genius. He did it last season with the left back situation (although I was too thick to spot it then) and he's doing it now. Like a game of chicken it is, Jürgen could be a politician never mind a football manager. Top man!
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017 11:26:37 am by bigmick »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #13094: Aug 11, 2017 11:22:02 am
      Jürgen Klopp: "If we bring in a player, it's because I like them. There's no Plan B, or C - it will be Plan A."

Well...I guess that's one way to do it. In my line of work, you always have a contingency plan in case "Plan A" isn't possible.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13095: Aug 11, 2017 11:26:50 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #13096: Aug 11, 2017 11:26:52 am
      Jürgen Klopp: "If we bring in a player, it's because I like them. There's no Plan B, or C - it will be Plan A."

Well...I guess that's one way to do it. In my line of work, you always have a contingency plan in case "Plan A" isn't possible.

Indeed.

Especially when recruiting.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13097: Aug 11, 2017 11:35:53 am
      John W Henry only follows 26 people on Twitter and Tompkins is one of them.

Just saying.

F**k.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13098: Aug 11, 2017 11:58:24 am
      So despite Klopp repeatedly saying money has never been an issue, that the decisions are his, that he has the final words, that it's down to him which players are brought in, it is now being interpreted that every single positive statement he has ever made regarding the owners is just a political ruse to "control" something he's always had 100% control over.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13099: Aug 11, 2017 12:19:44 pm
      "Between October 2015 and now, there have never been any doubts over our relationship.

"It is not about asking for things you cannot get. Whatever we do, we do to strengthen the club.

"They are really reasonable. They really care about the club and want to give us the best opportunities they can give.

"Maybe not the same opportunities as some other clubs but they are good enough to be successful."
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Jürgen-klopp-would-no-problem-10969057

Must be more "politics" eh?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #13100: Aug 11, 2017 01:21:43 pm
      We are totally screwed this season

What a season we had to stamp our authority, yet we prove we have a small club
      Mentality

We needed a proper fit number 9 and to upgrade or cm and cb, yet we flopped

At least the owners will enjoy healthy dividends
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13101: Aug 11, 2017 01:51:03 pm
      As much as I blame FSG for our lack of impetus in the transfer market, Klopp is also to blame IMHO.

Now he's got Coutinho wanting out on him, has done very little in two transfer windows and the squad all of a sudden is looking weaker the closer the season starts.

He and his men have fu**ed another transfer window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #13102: Aug 11, 2017 01:52:43 pm
      As much as I blame FSG for our lack of impetus in the transfer market, Klopp is also to blame IMHO.

Now he's got Coutinho wanting out on him, has done very little in two transfer windows and the squad all of a sudden is looking weaker the closer the season starts.

He and his men have fu**ed another transfer window.

Agree.

The one and only target strategy has proven to be a poor one.

sh*t load of games this season and our squad is weaker than last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #13103: Aug 11, 2017 02:05:41 pm
      So we were told that we'd be able to attract better talent with a world class manager...and yet we can't hold on to our own top talent.......
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13104: Aug 11, 2017 02:07:13 pm
      I like how he is doing his buisness..

Keep it up Boss.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13105: Aug 11, 2017 11:36:51 pm
      Jürgen Klopp on why Liverpool can't afford to sell wantaway Philippe Coutinho this summer

Reds boss believes he cannot put a price on Brazilian because it's too late to replace him

Jürgen Klopp says it’s impossible to put a price on Philippe Coutinho because it’s too late in the window to try to replace him.

The Brazil international submitted a transfer request on Friday in a bid to force through a move to Barcelona but it was instantly rejected,

Liverpool turned down a second bid of £90million from the La Liga outfit earlier this week and owners Fenway Sports Group remain adamant that Coutinho will be staying put.

Klopp lost a number of key players to rival clubs during his reign at Borussia Dortmund but he says that sanctioning deals like that for wantaway stars is all about timing.

“I had to sell a lot of players in my managerial career,” Klopp said.

“Some had clauses, some had no clauses. We had the (Robert) Lewandowski thing and that was difficult when he went to Bayern on a free transfer. A lot of different things.

“The only thing I can say about this is that in life everything is about timing – whichever club asks early enough.

“It’s like how we try to do it. If we ask early enough, we try to do it. If you ask early enough, you can either switch the plan of whatever. But you cannot come up, close to the start of the season and things like this.

“It’s like I said: the club is bigger than anybody. That is the most important thing. It’s about doing it in the right moment. It’s how we do it when we want to bring players in.

“Most of the other clubs won’t come to us and say ‘by the way, we have a good player, do you want to buy him?’

“It is about timing. That is how I understand it. And that is all I have to say. Maybe everybody has a price – in the right moment. In the wrong moment? No price.”

The owners issued a statement on Friday morning insisting that “no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes”.

Their position is unchanged in the wake of the transfer request which was sent by Coutinho via email to sporting director Michael Edwards

Coutinho and his agent Kia Joorabchian have been made aware of the owners’ resolve to retain his services throughout the summer. Liverpool are disappointed that Coutinho is agitating for a move despite the player having been told face to face by the owners that any such request wouldn’t be entertained.

The club’s expectation is that Coutinho will act professionally and won’t let either his team-mates or the supporters down.

Coutinho reported to Melwood as usual on Friday morning but didn’t travel with the squad to Watford ahead of Saturday’s game at Vicarage Road due to a back problem.

Speaking before the transfer request went in, Klopp had played down the prospect of Coutinho really pushing for a move.

“I have known him for 20 months and that’s the only thing I can say about this,” he said.

“If he would be fit and not in the squad, then maybe we could talk about it. But he is not fit.

“Everything is not like it should be but it is a normal situation apart from a few things flying around.

“The player is not in team training. I don’t go to the medical department every day and ask things like that.

“Nobody comes to me every day and says ‘Oh my God! Phil!’ We speak about the injury. That is all.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-klopp-coutinho-barcelona-transfer-13466808
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #13106: Aug 12, 2017 01:07:06 am
      Klopp is not one to blink to low life agents.
      Would be in Couts best interest to realise this asap.

Talking of agents are they not the scourge of football sucking the funds out of the game at the same time holding sway over clubs esp the smaller clubs.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #13107: Aug 12, 2017 01:24:34 pm
      Not brave enough to buy the right players needed

Still carrying on with this crap defence when the whole world can see we need a couple of defenders and midfield players

Time to go, dare to win klopp or go manage someone else

We need a manager with balls
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13108: Aug 12, 2017 01:34:41 pm
      Not brave enough to buy the right players needed

Still carrying on with this crap defence when the whole world can see we need a couple of defenders and midfield players

Time to go, dare to win klopp or go manage someone else

We need a manager with balls

Ironic post given your username.

Not like Klopp tried to get VVD and Keita or anything...

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13109: Aug 12, 2017 02:18:43 pm
      He world class manger but Still you can keep try win games we score more you l take one nil all day long

Quick Reply