Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528850 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13294: Aug 15, 2017 10:06:56 am
      That would be step in the right direction but...

Don't let the distractions distract you

Where's the money, where's the transfer deals, wheres VVD?

Don't let up
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,636 posts | 3918 
      Reply #13295: Aug 15, 2017 10:07:55 am
      Hope there is a major shift with the TC as I can see Klopp walking away end of season.

They're F***ing sh*t. Time to change it.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #13296: Aug 15, 2017 10:10:43 am

They won't fire him. They love the guy - he saves them dosh every transfer window. If he is fired (to keep the Kopites happy), FSG will only replace him with someone of the same ilk.

In my eye, FSG should walk away from Liverpool FC and sold to some extremely rich Arab who loves to win things. At least, that way I may be able to see LFC win PL before I leave this earth.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13297: Aug 15, 2017 10:25:25 am

That would be as good if not better than keeping hold of Coutinho! Rank F***ing rotten individual with absolutely NO credentials.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      Reply #13298: Aug 15, 2017 10:27:03 am
      Don't see why the can't appoint Dalglish as CEO or someone with strong ties to LFC, like me.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13299: Aug 15, 2017 10:41:58 am
      Don't see why the can't appoint Dalglish as CEO or someone with strong ties to LFC, like me.

Yep Kenny would be a good shout as would Zork, or a one out of left field, a very intelligent articulate former player who's won just about everything in recent memory and some one who current and up and coming players hold in high regard because oh boy he could play...

Xabi Alonso.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13300: Aug 15, 2017 10:56:26 am

I'd love it to happen because I think Edwards is the root cause of many of the problems but the CEO "distancing himself from transfers" is a ridiculous comment given that the CEO's distancing from transfers was in the job's remit before the new CEO was even hired. Going back to the transfers though, clearly there's money there to spend but again, a lack of contingency planning has ended up with us doing poor business.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      Reply #13301: Aug 15, 2017 11:01:10 am
      I'm finding it really hard to accept we don't do transfer deals because we're too slow and/or inept. Come on, 2 months and not one main target, not one? Salah aside, who was the right signing but not THE signing (like Andy Robertson), we score a big fat zero. I think it might have a lot to do with FSG's finance model, sell to buy, whatever you call it.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #13302: Aug 15, 2017 12:09:17 pm

Klopps harshness on Sakho regarding disciplinary issues is an entirely different matter than a player who under-preforms. Sakho has had these issues at every club he has been at and repeatedly done it again.

I have no issue with the manager position on this particular case.

Fair statement, but you may agree that Sakho would have put in a better effort than many on the pitch in last Saturday's game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13303: Aug 15, 2017 12:36:28 pm
      Yep Kenny would be a good shout as would Zork, or a one out of left field, a very intelligent articulate former player who's won just about everything in recent memory and some one who current and up and coming players hold in high regard because oh boy he could play...

Xabi Alonso.

Superb shout. He is a future manager. Smart and articulate on and off the field with some big references from the likes of Ancelotti who has said in the past about his potential. Would absolutely love to see him back in the LFC family. With Gerrard's attitude and Alonso's smartness it could yield great results whatever capacity they could and can hold.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,424 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13304: Aug 15, 2017 12:37:03 pm
      Fair statement, but you may agree that Sakho would have put in a better effort than many on the pitch in last Saturday's game.

When are people going to accept that sakho will never play for us again and move on
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      Reply #13305: Aug 15, 2017 12:39:31 pm
      Superb shout. He is a future manager. Smart and articulate on and off the field with some big references from the likes of Ancelotti who has said in the past about his potential. Would absolutely love to see him back in the LFC family. With Gerrard's attitude and Alonso's smartness it could yield great results whatever capacity they could and can hold.
      I used to think this too, not necessarily with Alonso, but any successful player/manager. Simeone, Ancelotti, Gerrard, Klopp, etc. However, it seems you could put anyone at the helm, but if your owners don't back you (for whatever reason), it doesn't really matter.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13306: Aug 15, 2017 12:39:47 pm
      They won't fire him. They love the guy - he saves them dosh every transfer window. If he is fired (to keep the Kopites happy), FSG will only replace him with someone of the same ilk.

In my eye, FSG should walk away from Liverpool FC and sold to some extremely rich Arab who loves to win things. At least, that way I may be able to see LFC win PL before I leave this earth.

What's it like to be so cyncical that you really think we have owners who want the worst for the club??  i have explained until I'm blue in the face that it makes ZERO sense for the owners to not bring in players, the cash sitting in th ebak account sis of no use to anyone. I guarantee you that they are every bit as pissed off that we have not strengthened as we are, probably far more so.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      Reply #13307: Aug 15, 2017 12:39:57 pm
      When are people going to accept that sakho will never play for us again and move on
      When he's sold. That's the problem, as long as he's with us, there's always going to be this uncertainty.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      Reply #13308: Aug 15, 2017 12:42:21 pm
      What's it like to be so cyncical that you really think we have owners who want the worst for the club??  i have explained until I'm blue in the face that it makes ZERO sense for the owners to not bring in players, the cash sitting in th ebak account sis of no use to anyone. I guarantee you that they are every bit as pissed off that we have not strengthened as we are, probably far more so.
      They don't have to want the worst for the club to make us supporters feel like they want the worst for the club. They can simply continue with their terrible recruitment policy and making mistake after mistake - and it just feels like they want the worst for the club.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13309: Aug 15, 2017 12:44:34 pm
      I'm finding it really hard to accept we don't do transfer deals because we're too slow and/or inept. Come on, 2 months and not one main target, not one? Salah aside, who was the right signing but not THE signing (like Andy Robertson), we score a big fat zero. I think it might have a lot to do with FSG's finance model, sell to buy, whatever you call it.

You think £70 million is not enough for one player? yeah you're probably right we need the PSG model £200 million and not a penny less then we all get to pay double ticket prices, Yay!!!!

Some of you guys are fixated on it all being about the owners, wake the F**k up and smell the coffee, VVD was fu**ed up by Klopp and Klopp alone, Keita was never for sale and why the F**k are there no other targets?? Well may i direct you towards herr Klopp once again and his lack of plan B or C.
      In summary its got F**k all to do with the owners this time, and much more to do with TC, Edwards and Klopp.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,424 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13310: Aug 15, 2017 12:44:54 pm
      When he's sold. That's the problem, as long as he's with us, there's always going to be this uncertainty.

There isn't any uncertainty,  klopp talked about having 4 cb"s and said klavan, matip, gomez and lovren,couldn't be any clearer. Agreed he needs to go for the sake of everyone concerned
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13311: Aug 15, 2017 12:47:15 pm
      They don't have to want the worst for the club to make us supporters feel like they want the worst for the club. They can simply continue with their terrible recruitment policy and making mistake after mistake - and it just feels like they want the worst for the club.

Question for you, do you view Edwards and Klopp as partly responsible for transfer F**k ups or is it ALL the owner's fault because they hired them?
      In other words do all the clubs problems lead to the owners with no one else copping any flak?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      Reply #13312: Aug 15, 2017 12:57:24 pm
      You think £70 million is not enough for one player? yeah you're probably right we need the PSG model £200 million and not a penny less then we all get to pay double ticket prices, Yay!!!!
      No need for the sarcasm. I'm not saying £70m isn't enough. I personally think £7m for a human being capable of kicking a football around a field is scandalous. But that's another discussion.

That said, how easy is it to keep bidding £70m for players when you end up paying nothing because another deal has fallen through for whatever reason? FSG bid £70m but how much did they actually spend? FSG bid £50m (VvD) but how much did they actually spend?

Some of you guys are fixated on it all being about the owners, wake the F**k up and smell the coffee, VVD was fu**ed up by Klopp and Klopp alone, Keita was never for sale and why the F**k are there no other targets?? Well may i direct you towards herr Klopp once again and his lack of plan B or C.
      And what about under Brendan Rodgers, who is to blame for that? Come on, it's too easy to finger the owners and too easy to finger the manager too. For my money, Klopp is an experienced manager and knows about tapping up so I don't think the VvD had anything to do with the manager and everything to do with incompetency from the top down. Klopp isn't stupid and isn't new to this football thing.

In summary its got F**k all to do with the owners this time, and much more to do with TC, Edwards and Klopp.
      And what about January, and last summer transfer window where Klopp made FSG £7m, and what about the January before that, and the poor transfer dealings under Rodgers?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      Reply #13313: Aug 15, 2017 01:01:02 pm
      Question for you, do you view Edwards and Klopp as partly responsible for transfer F**k ups or is it ALL the owner's fault because they hired them?
      I don't blame Klopp for the VvD debacle. I'm not sure what happened but rumours are that Edwards is close to the boot. Perhaps look there. Not saying Klopp is perfect, just saying he knows football transfers and what's legal and illegal.

In other words do all the clubs problems lead to the owners with no one else copping any flak?
      Not entirely, not completely, but for about 90% of it, sure. Why? Because they are in charge, it's their money(ball), their rules, their hands on the purse strings, their recruitment structure.

Klopp has first and final say on transfer dealings? Ok. I want Keita and VvD he says.

Oh well. Having first and final say on who you want, and who you actually get, are two different things.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #13314: Aug 15, 2017 01:51:27 pm

Just smoke and mirrors to make us think they're pissed off about the summer.

This is probably John Henry and Tom Werners latest meeting transcript.

Tom: Sh*t the fans are onto us John we need to make some bullshit up quick because they're finally all starting to realise everything we have said is bollocks

John: Let's pretend Edwards is sh*t and blame him for the summer, blast a bit of PR about sacking him till the window closes then keep him on promising a shake up for next season.

Tom: Nice idea John, then we can use the same excuse next summer and tell them he didn't listen to what we said. But we can possibly drag it out another season after that and say he said he will buck his ideas up this time.

John: Done, just sent a few stooges to start the PR machine. Fans will be on our side again in no time.
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2017 01:59:27 pm by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13315: Aug 15, 2017 01:54:40 pm
      Just smoke and mirrors to make us think they're pissed off about the summer.

This is probably John Henry and Tom Werners latest meeting transcript.

Tom: sh*t the fans are onto us John we need to make some bullshit up quick because they're finally all starting to realise everything we have said is bollocks

John: Let's pretend Edwards is sh*t and blame him for the summer, blast a bit of PR about sacking him till the window closes then keep him on promising a shake up for next season.

Tom: Nice idea John, then we can use the same excuse next summer and tell them he didn't listen to what we said. But we can possibly drag it out another season after that and say he said he will buck his ideas up this time.

John: Done, just sent a few stooges to start the process machine. Fans will be on our side again in no time.

Problem is, it's Mike Gordon who makes the decisions regarding LFC.
      Henry has very little to do with us anymore.
      It's Gordon, then Werner.

Nice conspiracy theory though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #13316: Aug 15, 2017 02:05:11 pm
      Problem is, it's Mike Gordon who makes the decisions regarding LFC.
      Henry has very little to do with us anymore.
      It's Gordon, then Werner.

Nice conspiracy theory though.

Doesn't matter what the names are does it? Fact is, the buck stops with FSG when the club don't progress as they should (commercially or on the pitch). So put whoever's names you want in when people refer to "FSG", the fact is, the footballing success has been underwhelming (and that's a nice way to put it) and they have final say on EVERYTHING.

Quick Reply