Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526622 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13892: Sep 23, 2017 12:40:16 pm
      The way I'm squaring the circle is that it's just going to take Jürgen a lot longer to 'get there' than everybody thought [or promised]. If we are to move on, folk actually need to acknowledge that and admit they were wrong.

Jürgen needs, and should be given, time to rectify the obvious mistakes but he also needs to understand that he is swimming with sharks. No more pandering to a failed [football] transfer model which, (just coincidently, mind you 😉) targeted the same VfM players as Rodgers, supposedly,  did... go figure; eh?

Why should he not, unashamedly, use his drawing power [that which we were also promised] to plunder the best in German football instead of bit parts?

Show your teeth big fella, snarl at the sharks and demand more - we will have your back. 😎

Well said... I am by no means calling for Klopp's head... I just want him to make the right calls, acknowledge his mistakes and try and fix them and no more BS about how good the defense is... Do the job that we hired you to do...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13893: Sep 23, 2017 01:49:42 pm
      Embarrassing how this thread is filled with so many ultimatums about how Jürgen needs to do this, that or the other.

Let's just imagine for a moment we let Klopp go , who do you think we go after and who else could prove even spending as little as he has that it's possible to compete with the best around. Need I remind anyone the current record against the best teams in this league. So rather than all this what he needs to do bollocks maybe understand that he is already attracting the top stars which all of city, united, even barca and Bayern want. Understand that by doing just that he is giving us a fighting chance, something we were told before he arrivrd couldn't be done.

He will deliver the title, he will deliver much more and those of you losing faith and losing belief should recognise what is happening rather than bleating like petulant children , it's not only pathetic but demonstrates just how little vision and interpretation of anything beyond the obvious some of you possess.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #13894: Sep 23, 2017 03:38:57 pm
      What did he see in OX. He never looked top drawer at Arsenal. Even on the few times I watched him play on highlights etc he never looked the part. Not many fans had him in their sights. So how did Klopp see him in our squad.

Even hardened Gunners thought he was never a first choice. Wenger is the best at camouflaging a dud player. He never reveals his hand. The Chelsea bid didn't help. Made him look worth going for. Lot of money to pay as well.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13895: Sep 23, 2017 04:24:12 pm
      Embarrassing how this thread is filled with so many ultimatums about how Jürgen needs to do this, that or the other.

Let's just imagine for a moment we let Klopp go , who do you think we go after and who else could prove even spending as little as he has that it's possible to compete with the best around. Need I remind anyone the current record against the best teams in this league. So rather than all this what he needs to do bollocks maybe understand that he is already attracting the top stars which all of city, united, even barca and Bayern want. Understand that by doing just that he is giving us a fighting chance, something we were told before he arrivrd couldn't be done.

He will deliver the title, he will deliver much more and those of you losing faith and losing belief should recognise what is happening rather than bleating like petulant children , it's not only pathetic but demonstrates just how little vision and interpretation of anything beyond the obvious some of you possess.

So Klopp continues to make mistakes, fails to sort out the defenders issue and every transfer window fails to land his targets, and has no back ups targets in place, are you advocating keeping Klopp just because the next manager my not be a good one...?? Come on Luke, really...?

Klopp is a great manger... Has he made mistakes...Yes... Do i want rid of him...No ... But should he fail to address the issues we have I will be calling for his head...

I not a fan of Rafa for many reasons. And I would not want him back, but there is one thing I have always said about him... He knew how to put a team together, and always try to address team issues asp....Klopp fails in the last department...

I want Klopp here, but I want the issues sorted... If fails to start to rectify this in the January window and continues to rectify in the next window then what is the point of him being here...?? 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #13896: Sep 23, 2017 08:04:22 pm
      Had a good game with the subs he made today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13897: Sep 23, 2017 08:35:48 pm
      Had a good game with the subs he made today.

Absolutely. Timed to perfection and AOO sub made sense as well. Gave a free kick away at the end there but had the power and strength required to stave off Leicester which Coutinho would not have been able to do.

And to be honest, I actually thought we defended quite well for large portions of that game. Disciplined line which caught them off side a few times. But it only takes a couple of moments of stupidity from certain individuals to skew that completely.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #13898: Sep 23, 2017 09:23:02 pm
      Looked shattered at the end of the game
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13899: Sep 23, 2017 09:34:48 pm

He'd kicked every ball today  :nod:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13900: Sep 23, 2017 09:38:08 pm
      Good managers get the job done when they need it most, and boy did we need that today. Well in boss.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13901: Sep 23, 2017 10:00:41 pm

You think, I thought he looked exhilarated as he walked off. A real f**k you to all his critics today, they were baying for things to continue to falter and despite all the cards being played by the officials to continue that trend we still rose above it.

He'll feel amazing after that, winning through adversity is what builds that famous word "character" and inspires belief. Might only be a small win away at Leicester but to me this had something about it, a real moment Jürgen can use to convince the lads that they didn't cave and accept the rub of the green, but they rose above it.

I reckon he'll reference this match plenty in the weeks to come, especially to the likes of Hendo, if he can get him performing like that consistently and being as vocal as that both to the ref and his teammates then this victory will, quite honestly, mean much more than 'just the 3 points'.

Here you can see it:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/09/video-Jürgen-klopps-post-match-press-conference-leicester-city-2-3-liverpool/
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13902: Sep 23, 2017 10:21:38 pm
      Just looked at the table, much needed win that today for the manager.
      Not convincing, but a win none the same and that will do them all good.
      Same frailties and mistakes in our final 3rd, just managed to outscore them on this occasion, quality from Cou shading it.
      When it comes to preventing cheap goals though, plenty still for Jürgen to think about...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13903: Sep 23, 2017 11:28:32 pm
      Jürgen reenacting Streets of Rage here.
      https://twitter.com/EnglishCruyff/status/911657493566300160
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13904: Sep 23, 2017 11:38:26 pm
      Boom,boom,boom hooray Boss

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :ernaehrung004:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #13905: Sep 24, 2017 12:03:18 am
      Compared to the games last season against the same opposition we are 1 pt ahead so far this season, so all the nutters can have a night off.........!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13906: Sep 24, 2017 12:31:55 am
      Tired of people making veiled ultimatums about Klopp’s shelf life. He may need to make some improvements but good grief there aren’t any other managers I’d rather have right now. And as much as I may get frustrated with him at times, it’s only because I expect so much out of him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13907: Sep 24, 2017 01:15:46 am
      Any one got a gif of his 5 fist pumps after one of our goals, think it might have been the 3rd but F**k I was so stoned, can't remember!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13908: Sep 24, 2017 01:39:47 am
      Any one got a gif of his 5 fist pumps after one of our goals, think it might have been the 3rd but f**k I was so stoned, can't remember!

FMS posted this just above mate.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13909: Sep 24, 2017 02:01:49 am
      Just looked at the table, much needed win that today for the manager.
      Not convincing, but a win none the same and that will do them all good.
      Same frailties and mistakes in our final 3rd, just managed to outscore them on this occasion, quality from Cou shading it.
      When it comes to preventing cheap goals though, plenty still for Jürgen to think about...

Agree.

It was a much needed win. By hook or by crook we dragged those 3 pts over the line. We desperately needed to do that as you could see the pressure would have just compounded.

It wasn't convincing by any stretch but I'll take that, it's the kind of result that can turn fortunes around in that respect, and is a much needed confidence booster. Hopefully we'll put a run together from this.

Like you say, there was plenty from that in which Klopp needs to think about - no doubt that will get twisted as giving him an ultimatum. I'm looking for our team to improve in the face of adversity and much of the criticism the boss has come under has been fair enough IMHO.  You cannot lose, draw and drop silly points and expect everything to be a bed of roses. People will rightly say what they think is wrong with the team and manager if things get a bit slumpy - they're looking for answers. It seems, others have used this slump to show off their holier than thou superfannery which is rather ironic in some quarters given their previous form on this. And would rather ring fence the manager from fair criticism than address and discuss things that haven't been working with the team. 

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2017 05:27:09 am by Beerbelly »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13910: Sep 24, 2017 09:30:49 am
      Is he feeling the pressure now? Is he showing cracks? Saying were not the Harlem globetrotters were not just out to play beautiful football were here to grind out results he said.

Does he realise we could have given up 4 goals yesterday? Does he realise how short lived our 2-1 lead was? All because we are so poor defensively so poor at setting up to hold what we have and so weak mentally. All jobs that are his to fix.

Im thinking hes getting an easy ride because of the smiles the high fives the fist pumps the player hugs etc. A loveable character with evident issues he seems to either be unaware of or doesnt know how to solve.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13911: Sep 24, 2017 09:37:21 am
      Is he feeling the pressure now? Is he showing cracks? Saying were not the Harlem globetrotters were not just out to play beautiful football were here to grind out results he said.

Does he realise we could have given up 4 goals yesterday? Does he realise how short lived our 2-1 lead was? All because we are so poor defensively so poor at setting up to hold what we have and so weak mentally. All jobs that are his to fix.

Im thinking hes getting an easy ride because of the smiles the high fives the fist pumps the player hugs etc. A loveable character with evident issues he seems to either be unaware of or doesnt know how to solve.

I wouldn't say he's getting an easy ride by most.

Some are trying to prevent criticism where they'll happily throw players under the bus.

But I would say he's come under scrutiny a bit and IMHO it's been just - only a loon who's more interested in ring fencing Klopp from any fair criticism would disagree with it being fair criticism.

If we can all say how sh*t Mignolet is ad nauseam,

If we can all moan about our leaderless captain ad nauseasm,

If we can all whinge about Can being hit and miss every week ad nauseam,

If we can all berate Gini for being a homey ad nauseam,

If we can all kick up a stink about Moreno ad nauseam,

If we can all pitchfork Lovren every week even when he's not even playing ad nauseam,

If we can criticise our players until our hearts are content ad nauseam,

then we can sure as hell question the bloke who picks them, and set's them up to play the way they have. No question.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2017 09:48:14 am by Beerbelly »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13912: Sep 24, 2017 12:13:59 pm
      Like you say, there was plenty from that in which Klopp needs to think about - no doubt that will get twisted as giving him an ultimatum.

More of an observation than an ultimatum I hope ;)
      Surely can't be many who don't think we need to improve defensively.
      I'm not for 'reverse knee-jerking' were everything is dandy after we win (or the opposite were all the players are sh*te after a loss).

Great to get the 3 points yesterday, no doubt, there's plenty of positives to take from it, but am sure Jürgen won't be getting carried away.  Heads down, and onto Tuesday...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #13913: Sep 24, 2017 12:22:05 pm
      I wouldn't say he's getting an easy ride by most.

Some are trying to prevent criticism where they'll happily throw players under the bus.

But I would say he's come under scrutiny a bit and IMHO it's been just - only a loon who's more interested in ring fencing Klopp from any fair criticism would disagree with it being fair criticism.

If we can all say how sh*t Mignolet is ad nauseam,

If we can all moan about our leaderless captain ad nauseasm,

If we can all whinge about Can being hit and miss every week ad nauseam,

If we can all berate Gini for being a homey ad nauseam,

If we can all kick up a stink about Moreno ad nauseam,

If we can all pitchfork Lovren every week even when he's not even playing ad nauseam,

If we can criticise our players until our hearts are content ad nauseam,

then we can sure as hell question the bloke who picks them, and set's them up to play the way they have. No question.

Broadly agree - though there has been more than a soupçon of reactionary fucktardery as well spouted the last couple weeks.

He's made mistakes and he has blindspots for sure.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13914: Sep 24, 2017 12:49:01 pm
      More of an observation than an ultimatum I hope ;)
      Surely can't be many who don't think we need to improve defensively.
      I'm not for 'reverse knee-jerking' were everything is dandy after we win (or the opposite were all the players are sh*te after a loss).

Great to get the 3 points yesterday, no doubt, there's plenty of positives to take from it, but am sure Jürgen won't be getting carried away.  Heads down, and onto Tuesday...

I like that, reverse knee jerking.

Quick Reply