Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528907 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14007: Sep 28, 2017 04:01:25 pm
      NewKit trolls out in force.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #14008: Sep 28, 2017 04:08:11 pm
      I don't think for a minute he'll go.

That said - in truth - I would be absolutely gutted if he did. I truly believe we're making progress and will win something significant under Jürgen.

He's not perfect - some of his decisions baffle me - but same applies to every manager we've had (except Kenny - hands up I struggle to be anything resembling objective where the King is concerned. Even Jimmy Carter - you get my point ;)).

What I believe is that he is trying to work his way through the conundrum that is delivering the football we want with the results we need under the FSG model.

Right now he'd still be number one on my wish-list if he wasn't our manager and the high points of his time and direction of travel here sustain that with no problem at all for me.

Doesn't mean I don't chuck stuff at the telly sometimes like my 14yr old, Sam. I don't mean I actually chuck Sam - just to be crystal.

I wish we'd signed a CB - I really do - but I wish we'd signed Van Dijk even more.

I don't know why Robertson -  for my money a far superior footballer to Bertie - isn't getting a big start.

Nor do I know why we haven't signed an out and out striker.....

But despite all of that - I'd still be gutted if we lost him and I still believe we'll win something in spite of the constraints he's working under and the last month's events.

I do believe we've got the best man we can.

Still needs to stop f**king about with the defence like ;)
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017 04:12:22 pm by Scotia »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14009: Sep 28, 2017 04:14:15 pm
      I hope we don't lose him but I think we MIGHT. Apparently that means I'm a troll.

The thought police are certainly out in force today. Not only are you not allowed to post anything they don't agree with, you're not even allowed to THINK it. Wow.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14010: Sep 28, 2017 04:16:41 pm
      Doesn't mean I don't chuck stuff at the telly sometimes like my 14yr old, Sam. I don't mean I actually chuck Sam - just to be crystal.

:lmao:

Glad you clarified or I'd have been asking.... what kind of TV do you  use that keeps working after a 14 y/o son hits it?!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14011: Sep 28, 2017 04:17:11 pm
      I don't think for a minute he'll go.

That said - in truth - I would be absolutely gutted if he did. I truly believe we're making progress and will win something significant under Jürgen.

He's not perfect - some of his decisions baffle me - but same applies to every manager we've had (except Kenny - hands up I struggle to be anything resembling objective where the King is concerned. Even Jimmy Carter - you get my point ;)).

What I believe is that he is trying to work his way through the conundrum that is delivering the football we want with the results we need under the FSG model.

Right now he'd still be number one on my wish-list if he wasn't our manager and the high points of his time and direction of travel here sustain that with no problem at all for me.

I wish we'd signed a CB - I really do - but I wish we'd signed Van Dijk even more.

I don't know why Robertson -  for my money a far superior footballer to Bertie - isn't getting a big start.

Nor do I know why we haven't signed an out and out striker.....

But despite all of that - I'd still be gutted if we lost him and I still believe we'll win something in spite of the constraints he's working under and the last month's events.

I do believe we've got the best man we can.

Still needs to stop f**king about with the defence like ;)

Ditto re: VvD

As for Robertson, my guess is that Klopp is integrating him into the system slowly.

Like you, I firmly believe he's the best man for the job, and I also see real progress.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14012: Sep 28, 2017 04:18:41 pm
      I hope we don't lose him but I think we MIGHT. Apparently that means I'm a troll.

The thought police are certainly out in force today. Not only are you not allowed to post anything they don't agree with, you're not even allowed to THINK it. Wow.

Proper lying f**ker aren't you fella.

Every post designed only to get a reaction from someone, which is pretty much the definition of trolling.
      But hey, congrats on the plus from your fellow NewKit Trolls.
      No wonder your little gang got banned from there.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #14013: Sep 28, 2017 04:19:06 pm

Hoping our posts crossed Mick - I certainly wasn't commenting on anybody else's views.

Last few days been odd round here.......but not that odd really  :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14014: Sep 28, 2017 04:19:21 pm

Glad you clarified or I'd have been asking.... what kind of TV do you  use that keeps working after a 14 y/o son hits it?!

One surrounded by chicken wire, like the band in Roadhouse.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14015: Sep 28, 2017 04:22:53 pm
      One surrounded by chicken wire, like the band in Roadhouse.

My most vivid memory of that film was Swayze banging some proper fit bird in the back room of the bar.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #14016: Sep 28, 2017 04:25:33 pm

Christ I barely lift him now - he's a big unit. They don't make TVs Sammy-proof!

Roadhouse don't cover it - he's a mental li'l f#cker. Proper comedian like ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14017: Sep 28, 2017 04:26:22 pm
      My most vivid memory of that film was Swayze banging some proper fit bird in the back room of the bar.

My most vivid memory was Swayze trying to nod his head to the music, and proving he had absolutely no rhythm  :laugh:
      Watch it, you'll see what I mean  :laugh:

Throwing things at the TV though?
      I only really get pissed off with bad ref decisions, and the Mrs makes me go in the man cave for footy, so I don't usually disturb anyone or break much  :laugh:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14018: Sep 28, 2017 04:35:14 pm
      Hoping our posts crossed Mick - I certainly wasn't commenting on anybody else's views.

Last few days been odd round here.......but not that odd really  :roll:

Nah mate no crossed wires where you're concerned. Twas the Swabster getting his nickers in a twist, apparently I'm a "lying f*****" too now as well as being a "Newkit troll" :lmao:.

I never have gone for all that internet angst, really can't see the point in getting all aggressive and abusive. Might be time for me and the angry man to put each other on ignore for a bit if we're going to go down that route, I can't be bothered with it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14019: Sep 28, 2017 04:42:44 pm
      Nah mate no crossed wires where you're concerned. Twas the Swabster getting his nickers in a twist, apparently I'm a "lying f*****" too now as well as being a "Newkit troll" :lmao:.

I never have gone for all that internet angst, really can't see the point in getting all aggressive and abusive. Might be time for me and the angry man to put each other on ignore for a bit if we're going to go down that route, I can't be bothered with it.

Crack on fella.
      You know you were lying, I know you were lying.
      No angst involved, just can't be arsed with trolls making sh*t up to try and get a rise.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14020: Sep 28, 2017 04:49:44 pm
      Crack on fella.
      You know you were lying, I know you were lying.
      No angst involved, just can't be arsed with trolls making sh*t up to try and get a rise.

S'OK Swabster, I've no idea what you think I'm lying about but whatever it is, it's cool.

Anyway, Jürgen. I hope he stays with us I really do. BUT, if he were to decide to leave us for Bayern (I think it's the only job along with the German national job where he'd even consider it), I wouldn't hold it against him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14021: Sep 28, 2017 04:57:08 pm
      S'OK Swabster, I've no idea what you think I'm lying about but whatever it is, it's cool.

Anyway, Jürgen. I hope he stays with us I really do. BUT, if he were to decide to leave us for Bayern (I think it's the only job along with the German national job where he'd even consider it), I wouldn't hold it against him.

Oh, you know full well, but for some reason you think your denials will wind me up.
      Nope.

So, has Klopp told you his preferences?
      I'm interested to know why you think those are the only jobs he'd leave us for.
      Is there an interview where he discussed it?

The only thing I remember him saying about the future is that this will probably be his last job because he intends to retire early, something I highly recommend btw
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14022: Sep 28, 2017 05:00:58 pm
      Oh, you know full well, but for some reason you think your denials will wind me up.
      Nope.

The only thing I remember him saying about the future is that this will probably be his last job because he intends to retire early, something I highly recommend btw

Yeah he did say that and I believe he doesn't particularly like Bayern either, makes sense the way they always robbed his best talent.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14023: Sep 28, 2017 05:14:47 pm
      Nope.

:lmao:, I don't "know full well", and although I do suspect my denials will wind you up (you seem a little angsty today) there is little I can do about that.

Has Klopp told me his preferences?  :roll: Of course he hasn't, I've never met the man and have never claimed to. Mine is merely a guess, based upon watching football and people who have been involved in it over many a year. I have no recollection of any interviews regarding Jürgen and Bayern Munich and/or the national team job, but given he is German and they are one of the most successful teams in Europe (both), I have a feeling he might be at least tempted.

Quite why you feel this is such an outrageous point of view to have I'm not sure. I've already said I hope he doesn't go, but that I simply think he might, is that so terrible?

As for retiring early I'm glad you are enjoying it. I can't highly recommend retiring early as I've never tried it, but not getting angry every time someones opinion doesn't 100% match your own is IMHO. A good idea. Life's too short.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2017 02:12:27 am by bigmick »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14024: Sep 28, 2017 05:58:05 pm
      :lmao:, I don't "know full well", and although I do suspect my denials will wind you up (you seem a little angsty today) there is little I can do about that.

Has Klopp told me his preferences?  :roll: Of course he hasn't, I've never met the man and have never claimed to. Mine is merely a guess, based upon watching football and people who have been involved in it over many a year. I have no recollection of any interviews regarding Jürgen and Bayern Munich and/or the national team job, but given he is German and they are one of the most successful teams in Europe (both), I have a feeling he might be at least tempted.

Quite why you feel this is such an outrageous point of view to have I'm not sure. I've already said I hope he doesn't go, but that I simply think he might, is that so terrible?

As for retiring early I'm glad you are enjoying it. I can highly recommend not retiring early as I've never tried it, but not getting angry every time someones opinion doesn't 100% match your own. Life's too short.

Outrageous point of view?
      You really are a very strange chap, and you're going to need to up your troll game, and do better than that.

So, once again, you ignore what Klopp has actually said in favour of the voices in your head, and what they tell you.
      Fair enough.
      It's hardly unusual.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14025: Sep 28, 2017 05:59:37 pm
      Yeah he did say that and I believe he doesn't particularly like Bayern either, makes sense the way they always robbed his best talent.

I seem to remember him saying something along the lines of Bayern always buying the league, and that wasn't really football, but commerce, and he didn't like it.

It was a long time ago though, so I'm not really sure.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #14026: Sep 28, 2017 06:12:49 pm
      I seem to remember him saying something along the lines of Bayern always buying the league, and that wasn't really football, but commerce, and he didn't like it.

It was a long time ago though, so I'm not really sure.

Old article..

The much respected Ottmar Hitzfield reckons one day Klopp will return home to manage the German Champions...

Former Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld expects Jürgen Klopp to return to Germany and take the reins at the Allianz Arena after winning Liverpool's first Premier League title.

Klopp took charge of Liverpool in 2015 and has since gone on to guide them to a League Cup and Europa League final, in which they lost both, as well as into next season's Champions League.

And with Klopp's third season in England soon to get under way, Hitzfeld told T-Online that the former Borussia Dortmund boss is on the right path to bringing a first league title to Liverpool since 1990.

"Jürgen Klopp is one of the top coaches, but compared to others he has yet to win a big international trophy," Hitzfeld, who won the Champions League with Bayern and Dortmund, said. "He will be Premier League champion sooner or later, I am fully convinced.

"He's building something there, is a motivator, recognised and overall fantastic advertisement for German coaches. It's not easy to prevail in England, but he did it."

However, Hitzfeld says that Klopp, who is under contract at Anfield until 2022, will not stay there forever, and will return to Germany one day to manage Bayern.

"Jürgen Klopp will always be a candidate for the Bayern job. He knows the Bundesliga, he won the league and also the German Cup [with Dortmund]," he said. "I think and expect him to be the FC Bayern coach one day."

Earlier this year, Klopp said that it is "very unlikely I will become a club-hopper," dropping hints he could retire after his tenure at Liverpool comes to an end.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/bayern-munich/story/3152910/liverpools-Jürgen-klopp-will-manage-bayern-munich-in-future-ottmar-hitzfeld

Also in the same article Klopp puts it straight..

I ain't no club hopper ;D

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14027: Sep 28, 2017 06:16:45 pm
      Old article..

The much respected Ottmar Hitzfield reckons one day Klopp will return home to manage the German Champions...

Former Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld expects Jürgen Klopp to return to Germany and take the reins at the Allianz Arena after winning Liverpool's first Premier League title.

Klopp took charge of Liverpool in 2015 and has since gone on to guide them to a League Cup and Europa League final, in which they lost both, as well as into next season's Champions League.

And with Klopp's third season in England soon to get under way, Hitzfeld told T-Online that the former Borussia Dortmund boss is on the right path to bringing a first league title to Liverpool since 1990.

"Jürgen Klopp is one of the top coaches, but compared to others he has yet to win a big international trophy," Hitzfeld, who won the Champions League with Bayern and Dortmund, said. "He will be Premier League champion sooner or later, I am fully convinced.

"He's building something there, is a motivator, recognised and overall fantastic advertisement for German coaches. It's not easy to prevail in England, but he did it."

However, Hitzfeld says that Klopp, who is under contract at Anfield until 2022, will not stay there forever, and will return to Germany one day to manage Bayern.

"Jürgen Klopp will always be a candidate for the Bayern job. He knows the Bundesliga, he won the league and also the German Cup [with Dortmund]," he said. "I think and expect him to be the FC Bayern coach one day."

Earlier this year, Klopp said that it is "very unlikely I will become a club-hopper," dropping hints he could retire after his tenure at Liverpool comes to an end.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/bayern-munich/story/3152910/liverpools-Jürgen-klopp-will-manage-bayern-munich-in-future-ottmar-hitzfeld

Also in the same article Klopp puts it straight..

I ain't no club hopper ;D

So much like the other chap this is all voices in his head by Hitzfeld.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14028: Sep 28, 2017 06:25:38 pm
      I remember having similar discussions to this one about Coutinho, I said I had a feeling he'd be tempted by Barca. Got called all sorts for speculating, then "what's your source" and all that nonsense (as if I claimed to have one). They were obviously all falling over themselves to apologise when it turned out he'd put a transfer request in  :roll:, but I couldn't understand the angst, and I can't understand it now.

It's just an opinion. I haven't got "voices in my head"  :lmao: I'm just having a guess, and I HOPE I'M WRONG. Why oh why does it have to turn into an argument every time?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14029: Sep 28, 2017 06:26:32 pm
      Hopefully you're right, but I don't think "integrity" is the issue. He is German and they are THE behemoth club over there, one of Europes most successful and biggest. Put it this way, I hope he doesn't take it but I for one wouldn't be accusing him of lacking "integrity" if he did.

A lot of Germans really hate Bayern. Every club's fans will sing the bit about beating the leather pants off of Bayern. Of course that's in part because they are so big and successful, but with that has come an attitude that inspires a lot of dislike, especially for how they just buy everybody great from the other German clubs.

Quick Reply