Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529007 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14375: Oct 14, 2017 06:56:21 pm
      Well we didn’t lose, I guess that’s something.

Unfortunately that's not something if your opponent just plays not to lose.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #14376: Oct 15, 2017 12:45:11 pm
      Just feel yesterday could have maybe gone for the Kill especially second half and released one of three as Herrara was garbage and Matic never going to hurt us going forward.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #14377: Oct 15, 2017 12:48:48 pm
      So Jürgen thinks Liverpool fans wouldn't tolerate Man U's style?
      I know where he's coming from but I'd personally welcome a more pragmatic and flexible approach from Liverpool sides. You know how we are lining up and what we're trying to do all the time no matter the personnel

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,211 posts | 8569 
      Reply #14378: Oct 15, 2017 01:37:51 pm

Someone needs to tell Jürgen, we're actually not arsed as long as we're winning trophies!!

Houllier had us playing a similar way to the way the mancs played yesterday and we won a treble.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14379: Oct 15, 2017 02:39:20 pm
      Someone needs to tell Jürgen, we're actually not arsed as long as we're winning trophies!!

Houllier had us playing a similar way to the way the mancs played yesterday and we won a treble.

Yeah I don't remember any complaints when we parked the bus against Juve in 2005 either...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14380: Oct 15, 2017 02:45:32 pm
      Yeah I don't remember any complaints when we parked the bus against Juve in 2005 either...

We hadn't spent millions more than that juventus team though
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14381: Oct 15, 2017 02:47:28 pm
      I know where he's coming from but I'd personally welcome a more pragmatic and flexible approach from Liverpool sides. You know how we are lining up and what we're trying to do all the time no matter the personnel

Feeling it was aimed more at the press etc who laud mourinho as a tactical genius but would criticise most other managers for setting up avteam like that
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14382: Oct 15, 2017 02:48:24 pm
      We hadn't spent millions more than that juventus team though

And the point remains - we haven't spent millions more than Man Utd either, so saying it wouldn't be acceptable to play like that at LFC feels... strange.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14383: Oct 15, 2017 02:54:01 pm
      And the point remains - we haven't spent millions more than Man Utd either, so saying it wouldn't be acceptable to play like that at LFC feels... strange.

I think people are missing the point here, look at the reaction to the game vs the mancs last year, and also this game. People saying that mourinho tactics were spot.on etc, if we did that wouldn't   get the same level of praise, remember us under houllier playing at Barcelona and getting a 0-0 and getting slaughtered for it, mourinho does it and he is a f**king genius.the game against juventus if people remember was pretty torrid as we struggled to pass the ball to each other, we set up to keep it tight, 2 legged football is a different beast. Houllier certainly did not set out many teams like mourino, a lot of it was based on counter attacking
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017 02:59:17 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14384: Oct 15, 2017 03:00:18 pm
      I think people are missing the point here, look at the reaction to the game vs the mancs last year, and also this game. People saying that mourinho tactics were spot.on etc, if we did that wouldn't   get the same level of praise, remember us under houllier playing at Barcelona and getting a 0-0 and getting slaughtered for it, mourinho does it and he is a f**king genius.

I honestly haven't seen anyone call Mourinho a genius for it?

He's called a genius for winning league titles in Portugal, England, Spain and Italy, plus two European Cups, I think. Then whatever he does tend to be seen in a different light than if Roy Hodgson did it, which is fairly natural I think.

Still I haven't seen much praise for it at all, just the realisation that Mourinho is a pragmatic who's not really interested in pretty football and will do anything if he thinks it will help him win something
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14385: Oct 15, 2017 03:05:27 pm
      I honestly haven't seen anyone call Mourinho a genius for it?

He's called a genius for winning league titles in Portugal, England, Spain and Italy, plus two European Cups, I think. Then whatever he does tend to be seen in a different light than if Roy Hodgson did it, which is fairly natural I think.

Still I haven't seen much praise for it at all, just the realisation that Mourinho is a pragmatic who's not really interested in pretty football and will do anything if he thinks it will help him win something

You clearly don't read the english press then. Do you think if moyes or van gaal set out a Manchester united team like that the response would be the same ?
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017 03:13:36 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14386: Oct 15, 2017 03:06:12 pm
      You clearly don't read the english press then

Provide examples then? Where has he been called a genius for that match?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14387: Oct 15, 2017 03:16:56 pm
      You clearly don't read the english press then. Do you think if moyes or van gaal set out a Manchester united team like that the response would be the same ?

What response?
      Wasn't Klopp speaking after the match? Did he have time to gauge the reaction from the English press before he said that?
      And there's a reason why Mourinho receives more praise for what he does than Moyes. A fairly obvious one. The fact he's 2 points off the top and not languishing in 8th or somewhere near also provides a clue
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14388: Oct 15, 2017 03:18:23 pm
      Provide examples then? Where has he been called a genius for that match?

Jame ducker in the telegraph on friday wrote a piece about mourinho which cited the 0-0 last season as a tactical triumph, it's about petception i suppose bit if a manager of a club i supported spent over half a billion in the last couple of years then i would expect a better style of play than mourinho's team serve up
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14389: Oct 15, 2017 03:21:52 pm
      Jürgen was saying it to take a swipe at Mourinho, typical manager banter.

Interesting that people use examples of European footy to defend domestic tactics. Would I be happy going to Old Trafford and playing like that, would I bollocks and Jürgen is spot on with that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14390: Oct 15, 2017 03:26:40 pm
      What response?
      Wasn't Klopp speaking after the match? Did he have time to gauge the reaction from the English press before he said that?
      And there's a reason why Mourinho receives more praise for what he does than Moyes. A fairly obvious one. The fact he's 2 points off the top and not languishing in 8th or somewhere near also provides a clue

The fact that people ate saying he was pragmatic , set his stall out and got what he wanted. Moyes and van gaal would have been criticised by the press and united fans for setting the team out like that. The fact people on here are saying mourinho is a pragmatist who lnows how to win trophies says it all. If you judge it on this game mourinho gets an easier ride because of his record. For the record i wouldnt want mourinho anywhere near a club of mine. Spending millions upon millions and a win at all costs style. This is the same man who has crticised other teams for doing exactly the same
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017 03:32:05 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #14391: Oct 15, 2017 03:32:02 pm
      The fact that people ate saying he was pragmatic , set his stall out and got what he wanted. Moyes and van gaal would have been criticised by the press and united fans for setting the team out like that. The fact people on here are saying mourinho is a pragmatist who lnows how to win trophies says it all. If you judge it on this game mourinho gets an easier ride because of his record. For the record i wouldnt want mourinho anywhere near a club of mine. Spending millions upon millions and a win at all costs style

I hear what your saying buddy but.. I'd rather us adding to our trophy cabinet than not.

Wenger over the years has provided this league with some breathtaking & scintillating football but won F**k all, Id rather us win ugly with some silver to show for it at the end..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14392: Oct 15, 2017 03:34:22 pm
      I hear what your saying buddy but.. I'd rather us adding to our trophy cabinet than not.

Wenger over the years has provided this league with some breathtaking & scintillating football but won f**k all, Id rather us win ugly with some silver to show for it at the end..

Wenger did win a few trophies but mainly because of the great defence he inheritef. If wemger had spent the money mourinho has i would bet then he would would have won as much
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14393: Oct 15, 2017 03:39:41 pm
      The fact people on here are saying mourinho is a pragmatist who lnows how to win trophies says it all.

Because he is?! I'm not a huge fan of Mourinho either, but that's exactly what he is - so I don't see the issue.

I don't have a problem with Klopp having a go at Mourinho, because that's just what it was really.

In the end, the only people saying Mourinho has been lauded a genius for that match are bitter Liverpool fans.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14394: Oct 15, 2017 03:50:43 pm
      Because he is?! I'm not a huge fan of Mourinho either, but that's exactly what he is - so I don't see the issue.

I don't have a problem with Klopp having a go at Mourinho, because that's just what it was really.

In the end, the only people saying Mourinho has been lauded a genius for that match are bitter Liverpool fans.

The issue is Mourinho does get am easier ride than other managers, if that makes me bitter than fine.it's not an opinion it's a facht !
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14395: Oct 15, 2017 04:26:14 pm
      2018-2019 and three players short of having a very good first XI

........................ ...(?)

Clyne.....Matip.....(Dijk).....Robertson

............Can.................Keita

....Firmino.....Coutinho.......Mane

........................ ...(?)

Karius, Lovren, Moreno, Gomez, Lallana, Sturridge
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14396: Oct 15, 2017 04:30:39 pm
      Posted By KopiteLuke

Quote from Brian78 on Yesterday at 04:29:20 pm
      1) how good is Klopp tactically

Fantastic, judging by the fact we've got the best record against the best managers I thought that would be obvious. Also we create almost the most amount of chances, concede one of the least amounts of shots on target in the entire league. All pointing to his tactical prowess. A manager cannot coach out individual mistakes, he cannot make a striker clinical once a chance presents itself. He could buy better players, that's for sure but in terms of tactics his are usually spot on.

2) how good is Klopp at coaching

Brilliant, by far the best in the world in my opinion. More players will improve under him than any other coach around, it's what he believes in more than most of the other top coaches.

3) does he see his teams weakness

Considering his top two targets in the summer were Keita and VvD that should answer itself and when we get VvD and Keita you'll see a much more balanced and cohesive unit.

4) does he see his opponets weakness

Again, we create the most chances, or thereabout, so the answer to this should be obvious. Also we have one of the highest possession stats, seems to me to point towards a good understanding of where they can be exploited and where we can gain advantage.

5) what was is finest moment at Liverpool

Taking us to the Europa League final by producing a breathtaking performance against Borussia Dortmund so far. Or dumping the Mancs out of Europe, both fantastic.

6) was the answer tio 5 down to him?

Without question, the first was the feeling in the crowd, the emotion and belief which he brought with him and which powered us through that first season in the cups. The second, well when you consider our record against any of the top 6 prior to him arriving then dumping the Mancs out of Europe has to be down to him.

Posted By Rush

Some genuine questions so genuine answers please.

1) how good is Klopp tactically
      Seems a bit average so far. We seem to play one way whether we are 5-0 up, chasing a game, or looking to see a game out. Scratch that, we have never tried to see a game out under Klopp. He has struggled with bus parkers for the most part since he's been here, so that also tells me his tactics aren't working too well.

2) how good is Klopp at coaching
      We are terrible in defence and set pieces, and have been since his first day here. That said, I don't know as I'm not at Melwood but going by the performances on the pitch, I'd say it's fair to say the coaching isn't reaping the rewards we'd hoped for. Or I'd hoped for.

3) does he see his teams weakness
      I think so. I hope so. He wanted VvD and Keita so yes I think he's clued up on it. I think his loyalty to players and probably more so, his determination to do it his way leaves him tripping himself up.

4) does he see his opponets weakness
      Hard to say. Against the top 5 teams, yes? Against the other 14, no.

5) what was is finest moment at Liverpool
      Silverware aside, it has to be the 4-3 Dortmund semi-final game. But to be honest, for me he hasn't had one. Two cup final defeats don't count. LFC is about winning trophies.

6) was the answer tio 5 down to him?
      Not sure. Against Sevilla, I think the players let him down. They bottled it. Against City, it was a penalty shootout and anything can happen then. That said, any manager who has ever picked 11 players has to take some share of the blame.

THIS is what I Love about this forum... One set of question asked and two different points of view posed....Neither of them right and neither of them wrong. Just different opinions and points of views...

Thank you Brian 78 for posing the questions and thank you Luke and Rush for your answers
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017 04:36:58 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #14397: Oct 15, 2017 04:57:33 pm
      If you watch Mourhino's press conference afterwards you will see exactly why Jürgen didn't take a midfielder off for another striker. Put in simple terms he was waiting to see if Jürgen did exactly that so the back door would open slightly but he didn't, why? We were already dominating from the midfield so absolutely pointless giving the opposition a chance on the counter and possibly losing a goal and the match. I would urge anyone (I don't like Maureen but it was a sensible post pressie) to watch what he says. Two top managers knowing their formations.

Sensible presser when he suggested klopp was scared and talked about leaving the big 3 on, gini big ? F**k me if that is sense

Quick Reply