Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1530053 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14605: Oct 23, 2017 08:01:07 pm
      I wish people would stop saying certain players are not good enough for Liverpool. You can only live on your history for so long, we have problems massive problems. Really do not know the answer to the problems there are so many, Crap owners who talked the talk but can't walk the walk and if we are honest don't really give a sh*t.
      I have supported this magnificent club since 1965, so yeh and old boy but I have seen both the good and bad times and it hurts to watch what I watched yesterday. Clueless and beyond redemption apart from a few, some don't and in my eyes never will be worthy of putting that top on with the Liverbird on, some of our past players must wince and cringe at what they are seeing.

The old boot room up in sky must wonder what the fcuk is going on, I  could go on and on...................... .................but what really is the point.
      Lets hope Jürgen can turn it around, but I'm not holding my breath at the moment. YNWA.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14606: Oct 23, 2017 08:34:40 pm
      Only 2 players out of the 11 yesterday were klopps. Unbelievable.

Yep, it's pretty hard to get the head round.
      And can't see how that is all FSG's fault.
      No Jan window signings.
      4 players signed in the summer just gone, only 1 playing regularly!
      It's not good enough.
      Jürgen imho has to take a large chunk of responsibility for that.

I want Jürgen to do well, and he lifted the club when it was down, but a lot of the problems that were there when he came in are still there 2 years later.
      We haven't strengthened were we should have, and buying AOC for 40mill was another really strange one.
      Plus the whole 'there's no CB out there to strengthen us' comment now looks like one of the craziest things any manager we've had has ever said.

Don't want him to go, I want him to stay and succeed.
      But he's under pressure, no doubt. Part of that must have got him to call out Lovren yesterday in the presser the way he did, personally don't like to see a manager hang out a player to dry (unless he's done with him) like that, don't think it's going to make the player or team play any better, or motivate them to up their game. Bawl them out in the dressing room, keep it in house, that's fine.

He's signed Mane and Salah, decent players deffo, but we just haven't made enough good signings in the right areas ... yet, and our best player is angling to leave. Maybe yest was a turning point, though why it would have taken this long to acknowledge we have real problems back there - and not just with Lovren - I don't know.

Would be a pity for people to looking for his head, still a LONG way to go in the season. Questions should be asked, but he deserves more time to try and sort things out. With so few quality players signed, hard to see what he can really do. But maybe he can make some tactical changes, possibly strengthen in Jan, some players come back from injury - and if guys stop handing the opposition goals, we CAN win plenty of games (easier said than done tho).
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14607: Oct 23, 2017 08:44:22 pm
      But can't be that hard sell mig loven couple more why are still here not fsg fault l know if l was manger get rid these players l sure lot better players out their won't cost as much
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14608: Oct 23, 2017 08:44:50 pm
      Is klopp try get sack keep these players
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14609: Oct 23, 2017 08:46:00 pm
      Most of the starters are Rodger's players.. are we surprised that we are getting the same type of performances ? The same good going forward and shipping 50-60 goals/season story:

Mingelot/Gomez/donkey Lovren/Moreno/Can/Henderson/Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana all bought by Rodgers with only 3 players Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum as Klopp's buys;

I find it amazing that after more than 2 years Klopp has only 3 starters as his buys and can't seem to find an explanation.. does he think he can make them world class? Is he restricted by FSG in the transfer market ? wtf is going on >:(

Exactly. +1
      Why persists with the dross when Klopp had the chance to get rid of it in the last 3 years. If he had sold 3 per season, he would already have gotten rid of the deadwoods while I will only keep Coutinho and Gomez. So, the question I'm asking is, has Klopp been ruthless in the last 3 years? The answer is definitely a big NO. If he wants to be a world class manager and successful with Liverpool he has to start being ruthless. Being overly kind to the players only mean one thing, the whole lot will drag him though the mud and eventually causes his own downfall. That's what we're seeing today. many here asked, will the lot here get into the man City and Chelsea team, again the answer is a big NO, except Cou. So, the suporters have already dropped a big hint to Klopp.

I have read somewhere and I'm not sure whether it is true that it says whether a player stays or goes depends on how he performs in the close season friendly games, good grief. If that is true indeed then Klopp got it all wrong. To me the scorecard is over 38 games not friendlies. If a player performs below a certain benchmark at the end of the season, he will be shipped out and no question asked. This should be made known to every player before the very first game. This is what Klopp should do if he wants to be successful here. His fatherly figure is doing him more harm then good. If Klopp thinks that he could use the same approach here as he did in Germany then he's totally wrong. It's a 2 horse race in Germany while over here it is a 6 horse race.

He has so much dross in hand I'm not sure what Klopp can do about it. He has simply overstretched the supporters' patience and there's backlash everywhere all over the internet, saying almost the same thing about Klopp - why so much dross in the squad and he did nothing over the last 3 years?

I still hope to see Klopp successful over here, I think he genuinely wants to be successful here but he has to start doing the right things and I hope last Saturday's game is a big eye opener for him and also the turning point for him that he needs to do things very differently from now on. History only remembers how many trophies won not how kind he treated the players.

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 08:58:13 pm by redkop63 »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14610: Oct 23, 2017 08:50:26 pm
      I wish people would stop blaming the owners for a rainy day. Heads need to roll, the first and foremost of which is Michael Edwards who presided over another failed transfer window. This 'crisis' we're in has shades of 15/16 where on the back of a successful campaign, we failed in the Summer to secure our primary targets and had a lack of viable alternatives. Who was the Head of Scouting in that season? Michael Edwards. Unbelievably, rather than being given the boot, he's promoted to Sporting Director, aledgedly with the blessing of Klopp. Again, on the back of a relatively successful campaign, we fail to land our primary targets in the Summer and low and behold, we have a lack of viable alternatives.

Before anyone even thinks of changing ownership or getting rid of Lovren, this guy needs to go. If as a club, we're incapable of even getting successive transfer windows right and repeatedly making the same mistakes in them, no amount of oil money (because there's loads of Sheikhs lining up to buy us isn't there?) is going to help.

Once he's gone and an experienced, recognised Sporting Director is brought in to replace him, there needs to be a clear out in the team. Lovren, Mignolet, Karius, amongst others need to be replaced. Players like Henderson need to be dropped to squad player status and upgrades found. This team needs an entirely new spine if its to compete.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14611: Oct 23, 2017 09:28:19 pm
      There are many arguments over the matter whether is it the owner's fault or is it Klopp's fault that we did not get the players that we wanted. I am not behind the scene and I can only speculate but going by what happened in the last 2 windows, both had a part in it. I think the owners do support the players Klopp required if it is of real quality and not overpriced. But it is also widely known that on the other hand they do not condone to having a very big squad that they need to continue paying for the wages and they perhaps wanted Klopp to sell first before he buys any new players.  While Klopp, I think, he could be playing safe by thinking I better keep the hendos or the klavans, even though they are average players, if I sell them and I don't get the players I needed, knowing how capable is our CEO then I'll be in deep sh*t.

So, the objectives for both is divergent. If it had been convergent say, owners bought players Klopp needed and only after that Klopp got rid of players that he doesn't need then we could probably be sitting at the top of the league by now. I think the owners being shrewd businessmen are sharp in their observation of Klopp's behavior and asked a question, what if I got all the players that Kopp needed and Klopp being a fatherly figure which he has shown time and again on the pitch that he is one, still keeps the dross, then I will be having a very big headache with the wages.

As what I have said in my earlier posts, Klopp has to start to be ruthless, he needs to drop the fatherly figure and start selling those dross and no sentiments attached to any of the players, otherwise, things will go full cycle time and again. Last game against Spurs could be a big eye opener to Klopp that he needs to change his approach drastically with regards to players in and out. Players that continue to non-perform and average players will be shipped out.

To say that if we got a Shiekh as a new owner would we succeed? My guess would be yes we would, as Klopp would start to use the new players and average players dropped to the ebnch and eventually they will leave but it is not the case here. So, the owners wanted Klopp to do the dirty job by selling first before buying while Klopp wanted the owners to buy first and let the dirty job takes it's natural cause. That's how I sees it. Of course as what  I have mentioned earlier it is all based on speculation and things that I saw and heard.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #14612: Oct 23, 2017 10:28:13 pm
      Klopp has made just as many mistakes as our outfield players imho
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #14613: Oct 23, 2017 10:48:50 pm
      Klopp has made just as many mistakes as our outfield players imho

His biggest mistake was not listening to the supporters !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14614: Oct 23, 2017 11:54:38 pm
      Did I say that? Have I ever said that? Quit telling lies and above all, quit being a f**king dick. 😄

They're initial investment has grown massively (without any further investment risk). They saw a cash cow and bought it for beans. How the f**k do you not understand that?

They don't care about the f**king FOOTBALL team. They don't care if we win lose or draw; as long as we tick over. They do care about making money. They have watched their £250m investment grow to over £1bn WITHOUT the need to produce a winning team [and the cost that would entail]. It's really very simple.

Now kindly f**k off back up JW's hole and quit pretending LFC matters to you. 😂😂😂

More vulgarity and unpleasantness just because I caught you out on a lie about the owners but instead of being told off for being abusive you get plusses. Why don't you go and stick your head up Herr Klopp's arse and stop pretending that you know how the real world of football works pal. To call the owners a disgrace just because their asset, after substantial investment, has appreciated in value is such complete nonsense that I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14615: Oct 24, 2017 12:02:53 am
      The last resort buddy, when the frauds have been discovered the only resort is make up sh*t about their critics.

The poster you reply to has been on ignore for almost as long as I have been on this forum.
      A certain poster I also have on ignore made exactly the same fairy tale up in a reply to another poster some time ago, fully expecting me to respond.
      Tool that he is.

You cannot defend the indefensible with the only option being to obfuscate and make unfounded statements to undermine an adversary.

Hello stalker, why don't you reply directly to me?
      You always say you have me on ignore then comment on my posts anyway, it's quite amusing really
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14616: Oct 24, 2017 12:29:25 am
      Wish he stop playing firmno up front not working it never will it seem me klopp keep pick same team everyweek he need change things start get ruthless team unbalanced it unreal
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14617: Oct 24, 2017 12:36:57 am
      As what I have said in my earlier posts, Klopp has to start to be ruthless, he needs to drop the fatherly figure and start selling those dross and no sentiments attached to any of the players,

You've picked up on possibly my main area of concern.  Does he have the capacity to be ruthless.  Let's face it - this 'Champions League keeper' lark is all because he doesn't think Mignolet is either mentally or physically capable of doing both competitions.  But he hasn't knocked him on the head.

Maybe at Dortmund players left to go to the Bayern's etc and he always had to rebuild.  Maybe he's never had to completely bin players off before?

It can be the only explanation for his reluctance to shift some of the deadwood.  It seems that players, like Sakho, have to cross his path for him to have an excuse.

Anyway, all eyes on January in that department when we will find out for sure!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14618: Oct 24, 2017 12:39:50 am
      Some one please answer me why he pick same team ever week even if not working like loven mig can and Henderson and firmno up front
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #14619: Oct 24, 2017 01:30:45 am
      You've picked up on possibly my main area of concern.  Does he have the capacity to be ruthless.  Let's face it - this 'Champions League keeper' lark is all because he doesn't think Mignolet is either mentally or physically capable of doing both competitions.  But he hasn't knocked him on the head.

Maybe at Dortmund players left to go to the Bayern's etc and he always had to rebuild.  Maybe he's never had to completely bin players off before?

It can be the only explanation for his reluctance to shift some of the deadwood.  It seems that players, like Sakho, have to cross his path for him to have an excuse.

Anyway, all eyes on January in that department when we will find out for sure!

Wasn't he ruthless with Sakho?  He was arguably our best defender, and he fu**ed him off without bothering to replace him....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6727 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14620: Oct 24, 2017 02:52:04 am
      I've been hugely impressed with Grujic in friendlies, it's just whenever he gets to play in competitive games I've found him lacking quite badly.

If he could turn up in friendly mode rather than what we've seen, albeit briefly, in competitive games then he could indeed be a good player.

The question will be though is Jürgen prepared to gamble on him when so much pressure and the glare of the spotlight will be on him, especially if he does begin to ring the changes.

Not so sure mate, I will say that after watching that post match any team selection is possible. Complete change in formation, playing Sturridge in goal to help him with his lack of pace, anything is absolutely possible because Jürgen is beyond tipping point with many of them, especially our defensive unit.

Mate I'd swap Grujic for Can any day. Can is really starting to give me the shits.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14621: Oct 24, 2017 09:57:46 am
      Some one please answer me why he pick same team ever week even if not working like loven mig can and Henderson and firmno up front

^ This.

Klopp is to blame for this as well as FSG. Klopp for picking the same team and expecting different results - sign of madness.

If something is not working (same bunch of players) and are losing matches then why not try someone different? They can't do worse - surely? His 'usual' team is losing so might as well try with other players and if they lose the match - so what?

The only way current 11 can learn is to bin them for few weeks and see what happens. I just don't see us getting out of this malaise without bringing in fresh players from under 23. They would be hungry to show Klopp what they can do. Also, trophy's and title are gone for this season already. Top 4 - perhaps possible but I don't see it. I predicted 6/7 this season based on the transfer window. We might do worse.

For all those advocating Klopp to go, I don't see anyone better than him to improve this bunch of prima donnas. FSG are at fault to keep Edwards & Co (perhaps they were acting on behalf of FSG during the transfer window) but I just *DON'T* believe FSG would sanction £60/70m for VVD. I think this was deliberately sabotaged. They probably had a nosebleed and hospital stay after paying £48m for Keita.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2017 10:07:47 am by RobieSlick »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #14622: Oct 24, 2017 10:23:23 am
      After that horror show at the weekend hopefully Jürgen has eventually come to his senses and starts acting like he managing one of the richest clubs in the world and not some none league outfit.

This means bringing in players who are specialists in the're position and stop believing he is some sort of magician.
      He needs to realise 2 years of coaching has not improved the likes of Lovren, Mignolet or Can.

Bringing in a defensive DM who can also pass a ball and hopefully this might spare Henderson's career because at this rate the poor guy will be hounded out of the club looking at the abuse he us getting on social media.
      Henderson is an attacking midfielder, just need to look at his most productive seasons it was when he played much further forward and was scoring and assisting more than Coutinho.
      If Jürgen thinks he is not good enough to play further forward then don't play him.

Jimmy at the weekend showed he is ok against the likes of Maribor but against quick players of the EPL he is out of his depth, his only role in midfield should be for early rounds of Cup games or to see games out.

Can walking around all season like he can't be bothered to put in the effort I have no idea what Jürgen is thinking by continually picking him.

Hopefully the Huddersfield game will be the ideal opportunity to try something different.

Ward or Karius in goal a CB combo of Matip and Gomez, it will be risky playing both TAA and Gomez but we have nothing to lose as the clubs stupidity have left us in this position.

I would consider Grujic as the deepest midfielder and I don't want to see Coutinho in midfield as his propensity to lose the ball at the wrong time is shocking considering the way we are set up to go all out attack it just leaves us so open to the counter.

Solanke surely needs a chance as Bobby I'm afraid just isn't doing it in the league.

Up to you Klopp time to be ruthless and ditch what is not working.

trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #14623: Oct 24, 2017 10:30:48 am
      Mate I'd swap Grujic for Can any day. Can is really starting to give me the shits.

I agree I think grujic is a better passer of the ball, he can get forward quicker than can but Klopp has said that he thinks grujic needs work in his defensive area of the game because he has a tendency to go in to tackles a bit rash. Well if that's the case then he must be blind when he looks at can because he's doing the same.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14624: Oct 24, 2017 10:53:56 am
      After that horror show at the weekend hopefully Jürgen has eventually come to his senses and starts acting like he managing one of the richest clubs in the world and not some none league outfit.

This means bringing in players who are specialists in the're position and stop believing he is some sort of magician.
      He needs to realise 2 years of coaching has not improved the likes of Lovren, Mignolet or Can.

Bringing in a defensive DM who can also pass a ball and hopefully this might spare Henderson's career because at this rate the poor guy will be hounded out of the club looking at the abuse he us getting on social media.
      Henderson is an attacking midfielder, just need to look at his most productive seasons it was when he played much further forward and was scoring and assisting more than Coutinho.
      If Jürgen thinks he is not good enough to play further forward then don't play him.

Jimmy at the weekend showed he is ok against the likes of Maribor but against quick players of the EPL he is out of his depth, his only role in midfield should be for early rounds of Cup games or to see games out.

Can walking around all season like he can't be bothered to put in the effort I have no idea what Jürgen is thinking by continually picking him.

Hopefully the Huddersfield game will be the ideal opportunity to try something different.

Ward or Karius in goal a CB combo of Matip and Gomez, it will be risky playing both TAA and Gomez but we have nothing to lose as the clubs stupidity have left us in this position.

I would consider Grujic as the deepest midfielder and I don't want to see Coutinho in midfield as his propensity to lose the ball at the wrong time is shocking considering the way we are set up to go all out attack it just leaves us so open to the counter.

Solanke surely needs a chance as Bobby I'm afraid just isn't doing it in the league.

Up to you Klopp time to be ruthless and ditch what is not working.

So say you HSscRed1. I bet it will be the same team bar perhaps Lovren, Milner and Missalot (although I am not sure about him either).
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14625: Oct 24, 2017 01:21:03 pm
      Just reading around some of the topics. Theres a fair few posts saying several players should never play for the club again and I agree. What I find bizzare though is nobody calling for the head of the man who continually picks and sticks by the players we want hung drawn and quartered.

Funny old game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #14626: Oct 24, 2017 01:22:24 pm
      Just reading around some of the topics. Theres a fair few posts saying several players should never play for the club again and I agree. What I find bizzare though is nobody calling for the head of the man who continually picks and sticks by the players we want hung drawn and quartered.

Funny old game.

Thank god they are all not nutters like you then.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14627: Oct 24, 2017 01:22:51 pm
      Thank god they are all not nutters like you then.

And how am I?

Quick Reply