Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529894 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14628: Oct 24, 2017 01:27:30 pm
      Brenden Rogers pick same sh*t he got sack if klopp keep pick Brenden Rogers players he won't last  here not fan owners but look man city got rid of dead wood l know spent up 200 million but we got rid of 6 or 7 players last summer brought in 4 or 5 top players give few younger players chance would be best way go now we make top 4 or don't lf klopp pick mig loven couple more he not manager taught he was
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #14629: Oct 24, 2017 01:34:24 pm
      The main points I have picked out of the car crash weekend performance is this:

1) Under Pochetino at Southampton, partnered by Toby Alderweireld - Lovren looks decent.

Rodgers the self confessed tactial genius brought him and coached him to be the player he is today - clueless.

Jürgen picked up the bones of this and stubbornly refused to admit he couldnt improve the player, he hasn't - he is mentally weak, mainly because he is being bossed about by a kid next to him.

2) and finally for the past 3-4 seasons we concede 50+ premiership goals and the whole story is about how great we are going forward - its embarrassing. Defending is an art, ask Carra.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14630: Oct 24, 2017 01:38:47 pm
      Not blame loven or mig or couple more players why are still here lf klopp does not get ruthless sell these clowns then next manger be left with rebuilt job Christ mig is one worse premier league goal keeper see in my lifetime
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #14631: Oct 24, 2017 02:26:04 pm
      Just reading around some of the topics. Theres a fair few posts saying several players should never play for the club again and I agree. What I find bizzare though is nobody calling for the head of the man who continually picks and sticks by the players we want hung drawn and quartered.

Funny old game.

I think you have a point Brian.

There does seem a reluctance to criticise the manager and the only reason I can think of is simply because it is Jürgen Klopp.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14632: Oct 24, 2017 02:30:46 pm

Maybe at Dortmund players left to go to the Bayern's etc and he always had to rebuild.  Maybe he's never had to completely bin players off before?

It can be the only explanation for his reluctance to shift some of the deadwood. 

You have a valid explanation there and I do agree. Klopp has to drop the Bundeslique mentality and continue the re-building exercise here. The faster he dismantles the failing defence and midfield the better it is for him. But does he has the guts to do just that. I would think if he starts to sell two players comes January, then the message to the other players is very clear. Either perform or out you go.

I have always been critical of the owners all these years and I'm not going to start being a hypocrite by saying otherwise. But of late I have started observing Klopp very closely and he has this loving attitude towards the players that he will probably not sell while the owners could be right in expecting Klopp to sell the dross before he gets the chance to get better quality players. Otherwise, Klopp will have a catalog of non-performers that will become even longer as he continues not to sell the average/underperformed players while FSG has to continue to pay the wages.

I sincerely hope that Klopp does well here and I want to see him successful here. But Klopp is simply not doing himself justice by not wielding the hatchet on the non-performers. 2 years is enough for the players to perform to expectations, otherwise, they are simply not good enough for LFC. Time for Klopp to wield the hatchet on the players, if he continues to procrastinate the hatchet will bury him instead.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #14633: Oct 24, 2017 02:34:41 pm
      Back 5 needs stripping & starting afresh.. Midfield needs a Mascherano type smasher..

I F***ing hope it's addressed January & we don't pussyfoot around till summer..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14634: Oct 24, 2017 02:43:28 pm
      Back 5 needs stripping & starting afresh.. Midfield needs a Mascherano type smasher..

I F***ing hope it's addressed January & we don't pussyfoot around till summer..

I think Keita will probably address a lot of issues in midfield.
      Losing Coutinho will create more.
      Our entire back 5 should be open for discussion/replacement.

Hopefully the penny has dropped with Klopp and he will stop trying to "fix" them.
      Will be difficult because FSG recruitment policy of finding appreciative talent won't work for back 5.
      The team need players for the now at the back. That's against everything we've seen from FSG.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14635: Oct 24, 2017 02:45:50 pm

I f**king hope it's addressed January & we don't pussyfoot around till summer..

Hahaha. How is that going to happen with Edwards and FSG? Edwards can't organise a piss-up in brewery.

No chance. We may buy one or two (although I doubt it) players in January.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14636: Oct 24, 2017 02:53:00 pm
      Doesn't somebody here have something on Klopp that we can use to get him to remove Missalot, Lovren, Side/back-pass Henderson and get others from the team and move some under 23 into the 1st team? They can't so worse than lose a match which our 1st eleven are already.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14637: Oct 24, 2017 03:03:06 pm

There does seem a reluctance to criticise the manager and the only reason I can think of is simply because it is Jürgen Klopp.

My main point mate. Not calling for his merely pointing about hes the one who regularly picks mignolet Can Lovern Henderson who people want gone yet the one who pickz them is safe as houses some dare not say a bad word about him.

I dont mind giving my honest opinion on any man. I think hes getting off lightly and needs to up his game big time.

People want to folliw Klopp fine but if you follow LFC open your eyes and see Klopps part in our failings. Bigger then anyones in my view
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14638: Oct 24, 2017 03:04:58 pm
      I think we'll sign one or two decent players in January, our fortunes will improve, we'll see those tweets "Liverpool are 2nd best team since January 14th" or any other silly arbitrary time frame to make us look great like only twitter can do, we'll start talking about how "with a couple top additions in the summer, we'll be GREAT", but then Coutinho will leave, one of our key players will get injured, and we'll once again be exposed as far weaker than we thought we were. Yeah, Liverpool FC have turned me into a cynic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14639: Oct 24, 2017 03:09:15 pm

I f**king hope it's addressed January & we don't pussyfoot around till summer..

This more than anything. Yet during his time here, Klopp has shown not a hint that he will chase after, let alone swoop for a player of that calibre, instead thinking Henderson is a natural in that department. Do I have hopes he will realise that along with ditching his bizarre obsession with Mignolet? I doubt it. And the sad thing is - by continuing down that road he's only digging his own grave.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2017 05:13:16 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14640: Oct 24, 2017 03:09:39 pm

Like there was, from many, a reluctance to criticise Kenny Dalglish because he was Kenny Dalglish.

In both instances, some people seem to assume that if you do criticise them, then you must want the manager gone.

As for myself, as much as I did criticise KD for some of his decisions (like Henderson on the right wing for a whole season), I did not want him gone and I do not want Klopp to go now either. I think sacking the manager then accomplished very little, as it would now.

I believe in Jürgen Klopp's quality. I'm not sure if I believe in the current Liverpool FC. I want to believe things are going to change though, and soon - starting with keeping our best players (as we did in the summer), and investing in the team to win some silverware.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #14641: Oct 24, 2017 03:21:42 pm
      The main points I have picked out of the car crash weekend performance is this:

1) Under Pochetino at Southampton, partnered by Toby Alderweireld - Lovren looks decent.

Rodgers the self confessed tactial genius brought him and coached him to be the player he is today - clueless.

Jürgen picked up the bones of this and stubbornly refused to admit he couldnt improve the player, he hasn't - he is mentally weak, mainly because he is being bossed about by a kid next to him.

2) and finally for the past 3-4 seasons we concede 50+ premiership goals and the whole story is about how great we are going forward - its embarrassing. Defending is an art, ask Carra.

Toby Alderweireld didn't partner Lovren at Southampton, he went on loan there as a replacement for Lovren.  Not denying that Lovren looked decent for them though.

Don't think you can blame Brendan Rodgers for the player he is today either.  Klopp has had two years to coach him and the rest of this defence, and IMO this is the worst Liverpool defence in my lifetime.  We've had some inept defenders over the years but I've never seen anything as clueless as this one.

I'm hopeful that the Spurs game was a huge wake up call for all, guess we'll see on Jürgen's next teamsheet.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14642: Oct 24, 2017 04:44:50 pm
      Wow you trust Edwards to bring in a couple of decent CB's or even a striker?
      So because you have no trust in Edwards we should keep the Status Quo ...?? No I trust Klopp and the Fans to let Edwards know that this is not good enough...

This is where I am ..... We Keep Klopp... Mane,Salah,Firmino Gini,Can,Matip,Robinson,TAA,Woodburn,Ryan... The rest we replace over the next three/four windows
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14643: Oct 24, 2017 04:47:25 pm
      Why the need to sell Cou to invest in other positions?

Didn't we supposedly have £200 million to sign players for those positions over the Summer?
      He does not want to be here.... Did we not miss out on Lemar because our bid was to low...?? and I believe that before Coutinho came back we look a much better team going forward without him
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #14644: Oct 24, 2017 04:57:14 pm
      Just reading around some of the topics. Theres a fair few posts saying several players should never play for the club again and I agree. What I find bizzare though is nobody calling for the head of the man who continually picks and sticks by the players we want hung drawn and quartered.

Funny old game.

It's part recognition that it takes time - real time - for managers to have a meaningful impact. It's also part recognition that we would never in a million years replace him with someone better. Losing Klopp would lead to Roy Part 2 (Allardyce etc).

Not funny at all - perfectly sensible.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #14645: Oct 24, 2017 05:00:44 pm

There's been an endless stream of posts criticising the manager. Questions about players he's bought (AOC), players he's sold (Sakho), his tactics, the coaching setup at LFC, how ruthless he is (or isn't). To say that there's a reluctance to criticise him is nonsense ... what we're not doing is - as Brian puts it - calling for his head.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #14646: Oct 24, 2017 05:08:14 pm
      Maybe at Dortmund players left to go to the Bayern's etc and he always had to rebuild.  Maybe he's never had to completely bin players off before?

One big difference between the German League and the English League is the Winter break. So in Germany Klopp could get away with the high intensity, high pressing game over the whole season.

In England that won't work - players will tire and pick up more injuries, particularly over Christmas where there are so many games.

I don't think Klopp fully appreciated that difference until this season and there has been a noticeable shift away from the high pressing game that he had us doing previously.

However, I am not sure that Klopp has got a fully developed Plan B just yet ... I look at the players and cannot see what it is they are trying to do. Last season when the opposition had the ball we'd be at them working in twos and threes to try and win it off them high up the pitch. This season, it looks a lot less clearly defined and I do wonder if Klopp himself is struggling trying to work out what tactics will work best for us.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #14647: Oct 24, 2017 05:18:10 pm
      There's been an endless stream of posts criticising the manager. Questions about players he's bought (AOC), players he's sold (Sakho), his tactics, the coaching setup at LFC, how ruthless he is (or isn't). To say that there's a reluctance to criticise him is nonsense ... what we're not doing is - as Brian puts it - calling for his head.

Pretty sure i've read some get rid nonsense,really can't be arsed to troll back thru and find out might of been that ireland chap!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14648: Oct 24, 2017 05:35:48 pm
      It's part recognition that it takes time - real time - for managers to have a meaningful impact. It's also part recognition that we would never in a million years replace him with someone better. Losing Klopp would lead to Roy Part 2 (Allardyce etc).

Not funny at all - perfectly sensible.

What did losing Brendan lead to then? I remember people at the time wringing their hands and thinking who could we possibly attract to manage us and then along comes one of the biggest names in world football. If Klopp gets the sack and I think the possibility is growing week by week then we will get another top manager, personally I'd love to get Ancelotti, a manager who knows how to set up a team including defence.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #14649: Oct 24, 2017 05:52:54 pm
      What did losing Brendan lead to then? I remember people at the time wringing their hands and thinking who could we possibly attract to manage us and then along comes one of the biggest names in world football. If Klopp gets the sack and I think the possibility is growing week by week then we will get another top manager, personally I'd love to get Ancelotti, a manager who knows how to set up a team including defence.

Carlo's fate will be similar to Koeman's with the current set up..& I think he would swerve us anyway..

Once the custodians claws are removed from the remains of the cash cow we may see our fortune change.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #14650: Oct 24, 2017 06:03:42 pm

I'm not sure Klopp is one of the biggest names in world football ... and I definitely don't see how you can be so sure we would get another top manager. We are not the club we used to be so it is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Quick Reply