Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518780 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14697: Oct 30, 2017 11:10:45 am
      You mean priorities like not getting humiliated by rivals?

Sometimes you have to loose a battle to win a war, your going on likes it was under Hodgson.

Clyne,Lallana,Mane would make a huge difference to this team, take out any key players from the tops teams and you will see them wobble..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14698: Oct 30, 2017 12:04:23 pm
      Both manager and supporters need to up their game

Simple
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #14699: Oct 30, 2017 12:14:03 pm
      Sometimes you have to loose a battle to win a war, your going on likes it was under Hodgson.

Clyne,Lallana,Mane would make a huge difference to this team, take out any key players from the tops teams and you will see them wobble..

Someone on the anfield wrap said that for the past 20 years we've always been 1 or 2 players short, those players being ones on the treatment table...
      Mane and Lallana do little to stop us being sliced apart last weekend, not even sure Clyne does.
      Klopp is not addressing the major failings of this team and we'll keep seeing the same not until we sign one or two defenders but until Klopp starts protecting them and not doing the same thing time after time
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14700: Oct 30, 2017 12:54:33 pm

Someone on the anfield wrap said that for the past 20 years we've always been 1 or 2 players short, those players being ones on the treatment table...
      Mane and Lallana do little to stop us being sliced apart last weekend, not even sure Clyne does.
      Klopp is not addressing the major failings of this team and we'll keep seeing the same not until we sign one or two defenders but until Klopp starts protecting them and not doing the same thing time after time

Not sure what you saw last weekend against Spurs but it wasn't us  "sliced" apart. It was 4 mistakes made by various individuals that saw us on the end of the heavy score line, the only other opportunity they had was when Son hit the bar. Now that goes without saying that some of the responsible for the mistakes should be binned in my view (Lovren, Mignolet, Can) as they have just made too many.

Jürgen's failing is not down to not dealing with it post match it's that he didn't deal with it in the summer is the issue here and reading some of his comments I don't think he will make the same mistake in the next window.

He is bang on about the fans this F***ing self entitlement from us Liverpool fan's is ridiculous and the butt of many jokes from many a neutral supporter down at the pub. Further magnified by others in this very thread justifying the booing on the basis of poor performances, I would recommend they pick up the nearest dictionary and look up the word supporter. Our 2 away CL trips this year have highlighted just how sh*t our atmosphere is in comparison.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14701: Oct 30, 2017 01:13:27 pm
      Not sure what you saw last weekend against Spurs but it wasn't us  "sliced" apart. It was 4 mistakes made by various individuals that saw us on the end of the heavy score line, the only other opportunity they had was when Son hit the bar. Now that goes without saying that some of the responsible for the mistakes should be binned in my view (Lovren, Mignolet, Can) as they have just made too many.

Jürgen's failing is not down to not dealing with it post match it's that he didn't deal with it in the summer is the issue here and reading some of his comments I don't think he will make the same mistake in the next window.

He is bang on about the fans this f**king self entitlement from us Liverpool fan's is ridiculous and the butt of many jokes from many a neutral supporter down at the pub. Further magnified by others in this very thread justifying the booing on the basis of poor performances, I would recommend they pick up the nearest dictionary and look up the word supporter. Our 2 away CL trips this year have highlighted just how sh*t our atmosphere is in comparison.

Its not just one summer Klopp hasn't dealt with it though is it? Its 2 Januaries and 2 summers, so he clearly does not see our defence as an issue which you have to admit is a bit of a worry.

I agree though that Liverpool fans are horribly entitled, how dare they wish for a team that actually knows how to defend or a team that is showing improvement!!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14702: Oct 30, 2017 01:20:07 pm
      Its not just one summer Klopp hasn't dealt with it though is it? Its 2 Januaries and 2 summers, so he clearly does not see our defence as an issue which you have to admit is a bit of a worry.

I agree though that Liverpool fans are horribly entitled, how dare they wish for a team that actually knows how to defend or a team that is showing improvement!!
      I have seen enough from Klopp to recognize the improvement for all the defensive frailties 2 finals (one European) and second CL campaign in a decade with a squad that largely isn't his is encouraging enough for me and testament that the man is here for the long haul with a long term plan.

Yes I will stand by the entitlement comment the place has been a morgue for years exception been the 2-3 home games during the Brendan nearly season and 15 minutes of the Dortmund game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #14703: Oct 30, 2017 01:23:52 pm
      I have seen enough from Klopp to recognize the improvement for all the defensive frailties 2 finals (one European) and second CL campaign in a decade with a squad that largely isn't his is encouraging enough for me and testament that the man is here for the long haul with a long term plan.

Yes I will stand by the entitlement comment the place has been a morgue for years exception been the 2-3 home games during the Brendan nearly season and 15 minutes of the Dortmund game.

A clear desire to sign the most coveted defender in Europe (VVD) and actually persuading him to join isn’t exactly ignoring it either............

The issue is that he didn’t sign someone ELSE and / or a goalie. Suggesting he’s ignoring the defence is misleading.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14704: Oct 30, 2017 01:30:38 pm

& last season we sliced teams apart... Fickle us lot, we are experiencing a blip & it will be sorted pretty soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14705: Oct 30, 2017 03:12:55 pm
      & last season we sliced teams apart... Fickle us lot, we are experiencing a blip & it will be sorted pretty soon.

OR teams have figured out how to negate our "slicing". If this is a blip then its been a blip every game so far this season, because not one game have we looked the same as we did at the beginning of last season when I agree that we were a very rampant team. ok ok I'll give you Maribor but that is more down to them being utterly sh*t and not having got the memo about defending deep against us.
      I'm really worried that we are going backwards as a team this year because we seem to be easy to play against and we have no plan B, on top of the fact that we have a useful tw@t of a goalie who plays every game regardless, and a fairly inept defence.

I really want to be positive but at the moment I just don't see us achieving anything but perhaps with Lallana, Mane and Clyne coming back it will transform the team and we'll not need a competent central defence or goalie.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14706: Oct 30, 2017 03:15:33 pm
      A clear desire to sign the most coveted defender in Europe (VVD) and actually persuading him to join isn’t exactly ignoring it either............

The issue is that he didn’t sign someone ELSE and / or a goalie. Suggesting he’s ignoring the defence is misleading.

Looking at 1 player in the entire planet was hardly prioritising either
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #14707: Oct 30, 2017 03:21:17 pm
      Looking at 1 player in the entire planet was hardly prioritising either

I don’t believe that’s what happened mate.

In my opinion that was his pick - and he’d done his bit to “entice”.

He just didn’t fancy the alternatives the committee came up with.......

All speculation though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14708: Oct 30, 2017 03:24:58 pm
      I don’t believe that’s what happened mate.

In my opinion that was his pick - and he’d done his bit to “entice”.

He just didn’t fancy the alternatives the committee came up with.......

All speculation though.

Above what he already hd had, his words. Nobody out there other than VVD whod improve on Matip Lovern and Klavan. His words. And he never even looked at another keeper.  Our biggest problems ignored and biting us badly in the arse now
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #14709: Oct 30, 2017 03:28:03 pm
      Above what he already hd had, his words. Nobody out there other than VVD whod improve on Matip Lovern and Klavan. His words. And he never even looked at another keeper.  Our biggest problems ignored and biting us badly in the arse now

End of the day mate I’m not gonna argue about stuff neither of us know.

I think he got clearance for two big signings - Keita and VVD. He didn’t fancy the alternatives put forward simple as. I’ve said several times I, personally, would have “twisted” where he stuck and bought a CB and keeper.

Ultimately tou don’t think he’s taking us forward anymore and I do. Pays your money.......

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #14710: Oct 30, 2017 04:13:25 pm

Last weekend was about much more than 4 mistakes. Lovern misses a header on the half way line from our corner and Kane and Son are both in on goal? They had umpteen chances in that first half could have easily scored 4 or 5.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14711: Oct 30, 2017 04:17:26 pm
      Last weekend was about much more than 4 mistakes. Lovern misses a header on the half way line from our corner and Kane and Son are both in on goal? They had umpteen chances in that first half could have easily scored 4 or 5.

Not really, the only other chance they had was when Son hit the post and the 4 goals we conceded were all school boy errors.

Something about Lovren in big games he looks so nervous and jittery from the start, I wonder if he suffers from anxiety because there is no way a professional athlete should sh*t his pants in the way he does.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #14712: Oct 30, 2017 05:29:18 pm
      Not really, the only other chance they had was when Son hit the post and the 4 goals we conceded were all school boy errors.

Yes really, were we watching a different game?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14713: Oct 30, 2017 07:18:11 pm
      Yes really, were we watching a different game?

No really it was all they created.

Lovren missing a header put them clear on goal it was down to poor judgment and error and not intricate build up play that sliced our back line.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14714: Oct 30, 2017 07:35:41 pm

He is bang on about the fans this f**king self entitlement from us Liverpool fan's is ridiculous and the butt of many jokes from many a neutral supporter down at the pub. Further magnified by others in this very thread justifying the booing on the basis of poor performances, I would recommend they pick up the nearest dictionary and look up the word supporter. Our 2 away CL trips this year have highlighted just how sh*t our atmosphere is in comparison.

As long as they pay for the ticket they can feel entitled to whatever the f*ck they want to feel entitled to.. they pay part of his 7mil/season and Lovren's 100k/week salaries and the least they should expect is to beat Watford and Burnley at Anfield or a mid table side from Russia and if the weight of these mighty expectations are weighing these overpaid prima donnas down maybe they should move on and play for West Brom or Everton where there aren't any expectations or 'self entitled' fans.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14715: Oct 30, 2017 11:49:07 pm
      As long as they pay for the ticket they can feel entitled to whatever the f*ck they want to feel entitled to.. they pay part of his 7mil/season and Lovren's 100k/week salaries and the least they should expect is to beat Watford and Burnley at Anfield or a mid table side from Russia and if the weight of these mighty expectations are weighing these overpaid prima donnas down maybe they should move on and play for West Brom or Everton where there aren't any expectations or 'self entitled' fans.

Rubbish.

There's plenty lining and queuing up who would chomp at the bit to get a season ticket.

Watch football outside of the Premier League you wouldn't need to look far to observe and hear a better atmosphere in some places of the world where people have a lot less disposable income to blow on football matches.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14716: Nov 02, 2017 10:50:14 am
      Anyone who is good at stats,parallels see a pattern with our champions league win in 05 and poor league form to our current season?..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14717: Nov 02, 2017 05:01:02 pm
      Anyone who is good at stats,parallels see a pattern with our champions league win in 05 and poor league form to our current season?..

Where are you going with that Shabs .......  ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #14718: Nov 02, 2017 08:08:13 pm

Get your passports out!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14719: Nov 03, 2017 01:06:04 am

Kiev...

Quick Reply