Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518284 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14720: Nov 03, 2017 01:19:23 am
      Just to throw it out there after ten games in 04/05, we were in sixth positon on 17 points. This year, we're in sixth place on 16 points.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14721: Nov 03, 2017 08:38:14 pm
      Just to throw it out there after ten games in 04/05, we were in sixth positon on 17 points. This year, we're in sixth place on 16 points.

The times they are a changin?  Bob Dylan is full of sh*t.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #14722: Nov 04, 2017 10:52:26 am
      If only he'll play 4-2-3-1 against the hammers away. He has proven he's more of a stubborn motivator than a flexible tactician.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #14723: Nov 04, 2017 11:28:56 am
      He adjusted the intensity of our game so we may last the whole season.

Challenges ahead:

Sort our defense.
      Buy a Central defender or two.
      Have a back-up list of players, if we fail with our transfers.
      Sort the contract of Can or sell him in January.
      Be more clinical in front of goal.
      Decide who is his no. 1 keeper.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #14724: Nov 04, 2017 08:21:45 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14725: Nov 04, 2017 08:23:14 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #14726: Nov 04, 2017 09:22:09 pm
      He has us very fluid and changing today. It was good to change somethings up although he’s having a laugh making Mignolet El Capitan.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #14727: Nov 04, 2017 09:45:23 pm
      He has us very fluid and changing today. It was good to change somethings up although he’s having a laugh making Mignolet El Capitan.

Think it’s because he was our longest serving player on the pitch.
      Also, it’s a good way to put some added trust, faith and responsibility upon simon’s shoulders.
      Hard to see who else he could have chosen to be honest.
      pug
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #14728: Nov 09, 2017 09:27:37 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      pug
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #14729: Nov 09, 2017 09:35:21 pm
      I wonder what the response will be within our fanbase if we don't sign any defensive players of consequence in January ?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14730: Nov 10, 2017 11:12:23 am
      I wonder what the response will be within our fanbase if we don't sign any defensive players of consequence in January ?

Welcome and when, not if. The only way a club is going to let go a defender in Jan is if that player is surplus to requirements because there aren't many available at the best of times, and if he's surplus to their requirements, you can sure as hell bet he won't meet ours.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #14731: Nov 10, 2017 11:19:41 am
      Welcome and when, not if. The only way a club is going to let go a defender in Jan is if that player is surplus to requirements because there aren't many available at the best of times, and if he's surplus to their requirements, you can sure as hell bet he won't meet ours.

Waste of time replying to him - he’s been banned (again).

Notorious blert trying to stir the pot under another guise.......
      JackSparrow
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #14732: Nov 11, 2017 03:00:36 pm
      It's a shame Klopp didn't go in for Salvatore Sirigu. He's doing very well in  goal for Torino and he went there on a free last window.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #14733: Nov 15, 2017 12:46:14 pm
      I hold FSG responsible for a lot of our downfalls but Klopp makes some baffling decisions at times.

After Mignolet putting in a typical Mignolet performance at Spurs, he rewards him by making him captain against West Ham. What was that all about? If you asked all Liverpool supporters whether they want to proceed with Mignolet as our number 1 going forward then I'll be gobsmacked if more than 20% said yes.  What sort of message does it send out to Karius too? You know, the goalie Jürgen actually wanted and signed himself?

I appreciate Klopps man management skills but sometimes he just needs to be ruthless. Mignolet shouldn't be in our current starting 11 and he certainly shouldn't be any part of our future. Each season he costs us 3, 4 maybe 5 games whereas the likes of de gea probably wins United that same amount.

Likewise with Lovren. After his performance against Spurs that should have been it for him. He shouldn't play for us again but klopp had him pencilled in to start against Huddersfield the following game? Luckily for us, he was injured in the warm up.

The point being, how many more chances is Klopp going to give both Mignolet and Lovren? They aren't the only two by the way, there are a couple more too, but they are our biggest culprits when it comes to giving points away and costing us games.

I love Klopps methods and I love his style of football but if he persists with those two clowns then he will be nailing his own coffin shut. They will, yet again, cost us games at some point this season and that will be solely down to Klopp.  I'm worried it'll be in the champions league where there is little or no time to make amends. One mistake and you're out the competition.

We saw how ruthless he can be with Sakho, who, in my opinion, is head and shoulders above Lovren in every sense.  Now it's time to be ruthless with others too.  Only half of our starting 11 currently is title winning standard. A few of them can play a role within the squad. A few of them just need F***ing off ASAP.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14734: Nov 15, 2017 02:16:27 pm
      I hold FSG responsible for a lot of our downfalls but Klopp makes some baffling decisions at times.

After Mignolet putting in a typical Mignolet performance at Spurs, he rewards him by making him captain against West Ham. What was that all about? If you asked all Liverpool supporters whether they want to proceed with Mignolet as our number 1 going forward then I'll be gobsmacked if more than 20% said yes.  What sort of message does it send out to Karius too? You know, the goalie Jürgen actually wanted and signed himself?

I appreciate Klopps man management skills but sometimes he just needs to be ruthless. Mignolet shouldn't be in our current starting 11 and he certainly shouldn't be any part of our future. Each season he costs us 3, 4 maybe 5 games whereas the likes of de gea probably wins United that same amount.

Likewise with Lovren. After his performance against Spurs that should have been it for him. He shouldn't play for us again but klopp had him pencilled in to start against Huddersfield the following game? Luckily for us, he was injured in the warm up.

The point being, how many more chances is Klopp going to give both Mignolet and Lovren? They aren't the only two by the way, there are a couple more too, but they are our biggest culprits when it comes to giving points away and costing us games.

I love Klopps methods and I love his style of football but if he persists with those two clowns then he will be nailing his own coffin shut. They will, yet again, cost us games at some point this season and that will be solely down to Klopp.  I'm worried it'll be in the champions league where there is little or no time to make amends. One mistake and you're out the competition.

We saw how ruthless he can be with Sakho, who, in my opinion, is head and shoulders above Lovren in every sense.  Now it's time to be ruthless with others too.  Only half of our starting 11 currently is title winning standard. A few of them can play a role within the squad. A few of them just need f**king off ASAP.

I agree, Klopp seems to completely ignore poor performances from players, it is baffling and a major failing of his. He strikes me as the kind of guy who really has his favourites which is kind of crap for a top flight manager.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14735: Nov 15, 2017 03:09:22 pm
       Jürgen Klopp to miss Wednesday’s training session

15th November 2017

Jürgen Klopp has attended a hospital appointment today as a precautionary measure, after feeling ill.

He is being assessed by doctors and will be absent from training on Wednesday as a result. There are currently no plans for Jürgen to remain in hospital beyond his appointment and he will therefore return home this evening; however, he may require further check-ups in the coming days.

The club urges that the privacy of Jürgen, his family and other patients is respected while attending hospital visits.

Offal

Get well soon,  boss.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14736: Nov 15, 2017 03:46:11 pm

15th November 2017

Jürgen Klopp has attended a hospital appointment today as a precautionary measure, after feeling ill.

He is being assessed by doctors and will be absent from training on Wednesday as a result. There are currently no plans for Jürgen to remain in hospital beyond his appointment and he will therefore return home this evening; however, he may require further check-ups in the coming days.

The club urges that the privacy of Jürgen, his family and other patients is respected while attending hospital visits.

Offal

Get well soon,  boss.

Any idea what's going on with the Boss ?

Hope all is well and not deja vu regarding Houllier's heart trouble,

Whatever it is  Get Well soon Jürgen!!

YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14737: Nov 15, 2017 03:48:39 pm
      I'm wondering if it's something to do with his heart. He does get very emotional on the sidelines
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14738: Nov 15, 2017 03:52:13 pm
      Get well soon you mad f**ker.

YNWA.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14739: Nov 15, 2017 03:59:18 pm

15th November 2017

Offal

Get well soon,  boss.

Damn. Get well soon Jürgen.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14740: Nov 15, 2017 04:02:11 pm
      Get well soon, boss.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14741: Nov 15, 2017 04:07:24 pm

15th November 2017

Offal

Get well soon,  boss.

The ambiguous nature of that makes it sound so much worse than it hopefully is.

Get well soon Jürgen!

YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14742: Nov 15, 2017 05:10:44 pm
      Hope to see you on Saturday Jürgen....I'll give you a Klopp hug  :hug: Get well soon Boss.

Quick Reply