Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518802 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14996: Dec 06, 2017 10:41:46 pm
      Congratulations to the manager for getting the club back in to the serious end of Europe's biggest competition for the first time in 9 years.

Without a shadow of a doubt our best manager since Benitez and hopefully he can go on to be our best manager since prime Dalglish.

I can't think of anybody who could be a better fit for us right now.

Dilly dilly!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14997: Dec 07, 2017 05:20:54 am
      Congratulations to the manager for getting the club back in to the serious end of Europe's biggest competition for the first time in 9 years.

Without a shadow of a doubt our best manager since Benitez and hopefully he can go on to be our best manager since prime Dalglish.

Spot on.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14998: Dec 07, 2017 05:36:12 am

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :oranje: :oranje: :oranje: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14999: Dec 07, 2017 11:43:29 am

Came in to say the same thing.
      Well mostly.
      Great to be back in the Business end of The Champions League.
      Been a long time. Great to beat United's Goals Scored The Groups Record.
      We'd have it outright except PSG ran riot in their Group.

I do think you're right about the fit. None out there I'd rather have as manager right now.
      Hopefully he keeps that 4-2-3-1 (or 4-2-4 or 4-2-2-2 or whatever you're having yourself)
      for the season. As a club that seems to have always suited. Especially when that front 4 is phenomenal.

Keep making the magic happen, and maybe address some of the defence in January.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15000: Dec 07, 2017 01:37:09 pm
      If we actually addressed the defense in January, they might  have to outlaw us from playing in any competitions :)
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #15001: Dec 07, 2017 04:22:40 pm
      If we actually addressed the defense in January, they might  have to outlaw us from playing in any competitions :)

I know it probably won't happen but imagine we got VVD in and managed to get Keita early.

I think we'd actually be un-stoppable. Looking at Keita's stats he seems like a one man midfield.

I genuinely think he will push us up a level attack wise and even shore us up a bit defensively.

Add Virgil in and it looks a whole lot better.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15002: Dec 07, 2017 05:13:28 pm
      I know it probably won't happen but imagine we got VVD in and managed to get Keita early.

I think we'd actually be un-stoppable. Looking at Keita's stats he seems like a one man midfield.

I genuinely think he will push us up a level attack wise and even shore us up a bit defensively.

Add Virgil in and it looks a whole lot better.

Yep i agree although Naby would be cup tied, but would be ok for the league, in fact it would be ideal to have him in early so he could acclimitise with the Epl, he could then hit the ground running in our title winning season of 2018-19, which when you look at it, it has a certain ring to it  18 -19, 😎,

Get VVD in first then add a DM of quality instead of mediocre Henderson and we will be pulling up trees for sure !!

YNWA
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15003: Dec 07, 2017 05:29:06 pm

Yep i agree although Naby would be cup tied, but would be ok for the league, in fact it would be ideal to have him in early so he could acclimitise with the Epl, he could then hit the ground running in our title winning season of 2018-19, which when you look at it, it has a certain ring to it  18 -19, 😎,

Get VVD in first then add a DM of quality instead of mediocre Henderson and we will be pulling up trees for sure !!

YNWA

Don't know, they are pushing for another CL spot next season...not so sure they will let him go and I am not sure we would go in and offer them a sweetener good enough for them to risk next years CL.

We made a deal with them after a contentious battle to get him in this season...it was smart for us to lock him up and it worked for both parties. Unfortunately imo we have a bit of a bad rep right now in transfer dealings...reneging on a deal and going back in for him again might do more harm than good in the future when other teams deal with us.

Now if Naby or his reps want to push it then I'm all for it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      Reply #15004: Dec 07, 2017 07:46:51 pm
      Don't know, they are pushing for another CL spot next season...not so sure they will let him go and I am not sure we would go in and offer them a sweetener good enough for them to risk next years CL.

We made a deal with them after a contentious battle to get him in this season...it was smart for us to lock him up and it worked for both parties. Unfortunately imo we have a bit of a bad rep right now in transfer dealings...reneging on a deal and going back in for him again might do more harm than good in the future when other teams deal with us.

Now if Naby or his reps want to push it then I'm all for it.

My understanding was that if Leipzig made it into the last 16 then obviously Keita would stay for sure, but they haven't, that doesn't mean to say he's going to request he comes here earlier but its possible Leipzig could be persuaded to release him if a sweetener was added , maybe a extra £5m, i doubt it tho but stranger things blah blah, maybe if we chucked on Henderson eh ! 😁😁😁😁😁

YNWA
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15005: Dec 07, 2017 08:28:19 pm

My understanding was that if Leipzig made it into the last 16 then obviously Keita would stay for sure, but they haven't, that doesn't mean to say he's going to request he comes here earlier but its possible Leipzig could be persuaded to release him if a sweetener was added , maybe a extra £5m, i doubt it tho but stranger things blah blah, maybe if we chucked on Henderson eh ! 😁😁😁😁😁

YNWA

Why would £5 million move them when they are 2nd in the league where only 5 points separate them from 9th?...would we move Coutinho now for an extra sweetener?

Surely qualifying next season for CL is more important to them then an extra cash payment when they supposedly turned down 20 million more than we are paying them 6 months from now.

I'm all for bringing him in but lets get real.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      Reply #15006: Dec 07, 2017 09:07:11 pm
      Why would £5 million move them when they are 2nd in the league where only 5 points separate them from 9th?...would we move Coutinho now for an extra sweetener?

Surely qualifying next season for CL is more important to them then an extra cash payment when they supposedly turned down 20 million more than we are paying them 6 months from now.

I'm all for bringing him in but lets get real.

I was surmising mate probably way off the mark , i doubt Liepzig will give him up early but you never know, be nice tho IF it happened,
      We live in hope i guess !

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15007: Dec 08, 2017 12:08:14 am
      I'm bowled over that we're back in the Champions League knockout rounds, amongst the elite in Europe once more after all this time. This is what going home feels like!

And all thanks to this man. We needed a big personality and a great manager to haul ourselves back in there and he is that man. Of course - he and us will not stop there.

That's why he is perfect for this club.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15008: Dec 08, 2017 01:49:29 am

Amen. And with so much room to improve!

Exciting times for us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #15009: Dec 08, 2017 12:33:43 pm
      Well done Mr Klopp, thank you ever so much for getting us back into the CL knockout stages again.

Although i question your tactical awareness (specifically game management and defensive signings or a lack off) I always have stated among-st my peers and friends if anyone is going to get us far in the CL it will be you.

We are playing frightfully good football right now and if anyone can keep this attacking momentum going it is the admirer of heavy metal football, but please please please please try to address the defensive issues in one way or another come Jan.

Thanks.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15010: Dec 08, 2017 05:01:48 pm
      Attacking wise we are playing some lovely lovely stuff now. Now just get a new goalie, CB and DM and we will be a real force to reckon with. We are getting there, slowly but surely and without having to burn through wads of petro dollars.

RedWilly

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #15011: Dec 09, 2017 08:28:22 am
      The attack he has developed is phenomenal and as said, taking us into the Champions League knockouts for the first time in a decade shows we are on the right track.

Now get that defence sorted and we would be unstoppable.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15012: Dec 10, 2017 04:08:06 pm
      Answers on a F***ing postcard.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #15013: Dec 10, 2017 04:13:01 pm
      Sorry Jürgen I’ll give you credit when the rotation works like at Stoke and Brighton but really didn’t today. For all our possession Salah works a goal from nothing and Pickford hardly has a save to make. 2 maybe 3 changes too many
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15014: Dec 10, 2017 04:14:14 pm
      For the record I don't care about team selection.

But those subs. What the F**k?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #15015: Dec 10, 2017 04:18:46 pm
      I AM FUMING WITH YOU!

1. Why the F**k would you take off your best player, probably the most in form player in the world right now, in a derby in which a win takes us third. You could tell we were desperate for a second goal and then you go and do that.

2. Why rest two of our best players, for what reason? I have an inkling it was to take away the hype from the fantastic four label and to show our squad can do it too, news flash they can't!

When will he learn.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15016: Dec 10, 2017 04:34:29 pm
      You fu**ed up again Klopp
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #15017: Dec 10, 2017 04:36:43 pm
      Why take off the only striker who looked like scoring, and leave on Solanke who done nothing and Mane who had a stinker, no doubt Klopp will be defending Lovren again
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #15018: Dec 10, 2017 04:37:54 pm
      Another chance to progress fu**ed up....AGAIN

Quick Reply