Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1531022 times
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15939: Jan 24, 2018 08:17:27 pm
      You mean those minge owners who splashed £134 million in the Summer and a further £75 million this January? Yeah, dead tight those lot.  :roll:

C’mon don’t bring rational thoughts into an internet battle
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15940: Jan 24, 2018 08:25:37 pm
      You mean those minge owners who splashed £134 million in the Summer and a further £75 million this January? Yeah, dead tight those lot.  :roll:

Same minges that pocketed £140 million
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15941: Jan 24, 2018 08:27:49 pm
      You mean those minge owners who splashed £134 million in the Summer and a further £75 million this January?
       :roll:

;D

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      Reply #15942: Jan 24, 2018 08:28:18 pm
      Look at the ongoing and outgoing payments since they took over, most Americans are here for investment no for the joy of the game
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15943: Jan 24, 2018 08:29:13 pm
      We lost because of Klopp refusing to buy a decent goalkeeper.

I've took a lot of stick for my opinions, but now the chickens are coming out to roost.

You are the only person (bar none) I've heard saying we lost that match cause of the goalkeeper.
      Literally nobody else has come up with that.
      And you wonder why you might be getting stick for your opinion...

Btw, almost everyone agrees we need to sign a new keeper. Nothing new there.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #15944: Jan 24, 2018 08:45:22 pm

They didn't splashed sh*t.. til this moment we've made a profit of around 20mil in the last two transfer windows so I don't understand how could you defend them.. look at City or United and see what splashing money looks like.. not this sell your best player so you can break even year after year that FSG has fed us :roll:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      Reply #15945: Jan 24, 2018 08:49:37 pm
      They didn't splashed sh*t.. til this moment we've made a profit of around 20mil in the last two transfer windows so I don't understand how could you defend them.. look at City or United and see what splashing money looks like.. not this sell your best player so you can break even year after year that FSG has fed us :roll:

Well said bunch of cu*ts who own us, and we won't win the league under them
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15946: Jan 24, 2018 08:51:07 pm
      With £140M we could maybe have a try though?

Hopefully try to get someone who helps the team even more than he did.

If we can and it means waiting 6 months - it'd be worth it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15947: Jan 24, 2018 09:10:33 pm
      Klopp needs more backing transfer wise, if he's happy with goalkeeping situation then he needs to have a learning step in life. I don't think he's the finished article, but what I'm worried about is that he's too stubborn to even think that is a thing. He's done amazing since coming in but I'm looking for him to grow in maturity.
      We were on the best run since a long time so I can't really criticize him too much tbh.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,293 posts | 1403 
      Reply #15948: Jan 24, 2018 11:17:17 pm
      Bit narked if we don't bring in more goal threat in this window. To date Everton have out spent FSG so any waffle about them laying out £75m for VVD as proof of their ambitions. They could of bought VVD for less in the summer but held off till they knew Phil was going. Even then they tries to rack the price up for Phil to £160m.

Klopp, in my opinion, needs to do "a Rafa" and start moaning over lack of funds. As it stands now we are relying on Salah and if he's off blob, as he was V Swansea, we are looking a bit light.

Mahrez would be my choice. United now have Sanchez, Spurs are strong. If they wait till the end of the season, on the grounds that the revenue streams next season will be clearer. The money should be spent now to make sure we finish top 4.

Can't do top 4 on the cheap anymore.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15949: Jan 24, 2018 11:26:37 pm
      They could of bought VVD for less in the summer but held off till they knew Phil was going.

You have some inside information on this do ya?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15950: Jan 24, 2018 11:28:57 pm

When they came in they were conned into paying out a couple a hundred million on complete sh*te.
      They eventually learnt a hard lesson.
      Once bitten twice shy.

They are entitled to keep a net spend.

At least with Jürgen the players  that have been bought are quality.  E.g.  Salah  VVD ...
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #15951: Jan 24, 2018 11:43:42 pm
      When they came in they were conned into paying out a couple a hundred million on complete sh*te.
      They eventually learnt a hard lesson.
      Once bitten twice shy.

They are entitled to keep a net spend.

At least with Jürgen the players  that have been bought are quality.  E.g.  Salah  VVD ...

Oh come on they knew what they were getting themselves into.. buy low sell high the mantra of any investment.
      The only reason they got the club for only a few hundred millions it was because it was complete sh*te otherwise they would not own the club today.

Over the years they've proved that they're here only for the money and as long as the club's value keeps growing they couldn't give a flying F**k about winning trophies.. their actions speak louder than the supporters that praise them for 1 trophy won in 8years.. you don't win trophies by selling your best player year after year.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15952: Jan 25, 2018 09:50:56 am

Same minges that pocketed £140 million

Sorry but can you expand on that, are you saying that they have taken that money out of the club, if so what evidence do you have?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15953: Jan 25, 2018 09:55:43 am
      Oh come on they knew what they were getting themselves into.. buy low sell high the mantra of any investment.
      The only reason they got the club for only a few hundred millions it was because it was complete sh*te otherwise they would not own the club today.

Over the years they've proved that they're here only for the money and as long as the club's value keeps growing they couldn't give a flying f**k about winning trophies.. their actions speak louder than the supporters that praise them for 1 trophy won in 8years.. you don't win trophies by selling your best player year after year.

They can only spend what the club generates in profit, that was always the deal, what part of that are you struggling with?
      You must be crossing all your fingers that some Arab or Russian oligarch buys the club, am I right?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #15954: Jan 27, 2018 01:51:02 pm
      Before the Swansea game started Carvalhal's objective would have been to get the draw. Bottom of the League, playing the best team in the league.

Selling Coutinho has nothing to do with this defeat.

Swansea produced a magnificent display of anti-football and it worked. It's horrible to watch but i myself and most of us would not have expected anything else would we?

They are struggling for goals and we are a far superior side than they are.

My only criticism of Klopp is that when teams set up so deep that we don't push our entire defensive unit forward to counter the imbalance of their ten players defending against our six attackers. The issue there is then being susceptible to the counter attack ourselves so i do understand a possible reluctance to do this.

The display by Swansea was horrible on the eye, but that coupled with our defensive frailties (yet again) was to be our undoing.

West Brom next and let's start another unbeaten run.
      Harrisimo

• 8,293 posts | 1403 
      Reply #15955: Jan 27, 2018 03:50:32 pm
      Coutinho easily in the top 5 most influential players in the past 10 years and it looks like no effort will be made to replace him. Surprised....yes and no.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #15956: Jan 27, 2018 04:09:09 pm
      Coutinho easily in the top 5 most influential players in the past 10 years and it looks like no effort will be made to replace him. Surprised....yes and no.

I think we will replace Coutinho, not now but in the Summer. It is notoriously difficult to get good players in January so i think once the Champions League has panned out and players become disillusioned with their current clubs then we will be in a much better position to acquire the players that Klopp needs.

The reason i don't think that Coutinho was missed is because the Swansea unit was so defensively compact. The usual fifteen metre gaps became five metre gaps, very difficult to break down unless you over commit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15957: Jan 27, 2018 04:15:07 pm

Top 5 is immensely generous when you consider that we've had Gerrard, Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Carra, Reina in that time.

Coutinho was not on their level
      of influence, maturity or leadership despure his immense talents.
      Harrisimo

• 8,293 posts | 1403 
      Reply #15958: Jan 27, 2018 04:18:21 pm
      Top 5 is immensely generous when you consider that we've had Gerrard, Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Carra, Reina.

of influence, maturity or leadership as fine a player as he was for us.

Only two of then saw out their career here, if Coutinho had stayed he would've been a legend no doubt, but still I'd have him in front of Reina. Level at least with Alonso.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #15959: Jan 27, 2018 04:38:16 pm
      Top 5 is immensely generous when you consider that we've had Gerrard, Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Carra, Reina in that time.

of influence, maturity or leadership despure his immense talents.

I would put Coutinho in Hamann level.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15960: Jan 27, 2018 04:53:01 pm
      I would put Coutinho in Hamann level.

Didn't know you rated Coutinho that much? And I agree, he was just as influential as Hamann, as Alonso or Suarez when on the field (playing wise).

Was he our best player? One of, but I think he was the most important cog, and Salah, Mane and Firmino are lesser players without him, like how how Coutinho is lesser player without Mane and Salah.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #15961: Jan 27, 2018 05:33:34 pm

No effort...wow. Not sure you've surmised that exactly or what your standard of "effort" is but that's a bold statement. I also think it's bullcrap.

Quick Reply