Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1531342 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16284: Feb 01, 2018 08:48:08 am
      Now the window is over he can get get on with the job of managing the team and improving them.

Which he happens to be doing pretty well.....that’s a fact regardless of how emotional we get after a sh*t couple performances.

The fact that the last week stung so much shows how far we’ve come in a year.

Everything isn’t perfect but he’s doing a bloody good job in the circumstances.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16285: Feb 01, 2018 09:01:32 am
      Now the window is over he can get get on with the job of managing the team and improving them.

Which he happens to be doing pretty well.....that’s a fact regardless of how emotional we get after a sh*t couple performances.

The fact that the last week stung so much shows how far we’ve come in a year.

Everything isn’t perfect but he’s doing a bloody good job in the circumstances.
      On par with Rodgers. That's being generous because Klopps win under 50%, Rodgers over 50%. Klopp made these circumstances.. he's been here long enough to accept responsibility.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018 09:08:51 am by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #16286: Feb 01, 2018 09:13:25 am
      information came from James Pearce. I actually think we've learnt a lot about Klopp this window.

1) He's a cooperate guy, he'll sign the minimum players he needs, gambling our season to look good to his employees, a tactic that kept Wenger at Arsenal during long periods of winning nothing.
      2) He's naive, Mignolet in FA Cup? I thought we saw the back of him but maybe Klopp wanted out the FA Cup because there's no money in it and we have a reduced squad, coorperate guy reduce games instead of buying players. Before rubbishing this, ask yourself how many times we've been eliminated early to much lower teams.
      3) Over confident in guys he won't play... Notice his reaction to Danny Ings? He definitely won't be going on loan? It means he's got a major role to play in the remainder of the season, this is a guy who can't get on the pitch when we're 3 nill up against Huddersfield.
      4) Klopp still way to late in substututing players
      5) Has not really shown a real interest in signing a goalkeeper.
      6) Claims players aren't available shortly before or after rivals sign people we need.

You know what you need to do? In life I imagine as well as on here, you need to try to take a step back and look at a bigger picture, if you look through a telescope, you see things clearer and more close up but you miss the nuances of the whole picture, the context of the things around what you are focusing on
      Things in life aren't black and white, they aren't heads or tails.. there isn't one answer to human and business and emotional decisions that we all make.
      Decisions are made by decisions others make and their choices too.

So your post there is dealing with absolutes, in black and white when you can't do that because you aren't privy to either the manager's mind, to decisions he makes that are influenced by those around him, whether that be on transfers with his bosses, whether that be on a players minutes on the pitch by the medical and analysts

The way you should post on here is by saying
      In my opinion I believe the manager is making this wrong decision.. And set out why you think
      Not say he's an idiot I've lost faith because of this absolute fact here that I can see because you don't know the inner thing or decision making process

I'd find it easier to debate with you I'd you didn't deal in hyperbole and absolutes because it loses your opinion in it because you are calling someone out of facts you don't know and aren't privy to

Go back to the telescope analogy

Say you're looking though it from one island to another, you see two children playing on a  wall
      You're focusing on them and you see one turn around and grab the other and push them one side of the wall

You walk away tutting  to yourself thinking, that little sh*t, pushed his mate off that wall with no notice. If that was my kid I'd tell him off for it.

What you didn't see because you're only looking through a telescope is that a massive wave out of nowhere was coming up at them behind his mate and he pushed him to the safe side so he didn't get pulled into the sea

The context and whole picture is key in every aspect of life
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018 10:32:03 am by Kopite78 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #16287: Feb 01, 2018 09:20:49 am
      On par with Rodgers. That's being generous because Klopps win under 50%, Rodgers over 50%. Klopp made these circumstances.. he's been here long enough to accept responsibility.

Well that's wrong too

Klopp has won 70 of 135 total
      49 in 93 league
      He has had us going at 2 ppg now for 63 games in the league which we hadn't done as a club for that sustained period for over ten years
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16288: Feb 01, 2018 09:24:03 am

No because he’s managing two successive top 4 challenges and qualification from CL group. Plus two more finals than BR.

BR best season was a one off and he failed in Europe.

Not success by Liverpool standards but he’s the best man we could possibly have right now.

You keep backing yourself into corners Ribs. He isn’t going anywhere and he’s not signed a goalie. The window is shut - get behind the team instead of only ponying up on here to proclaim your increasingly outlandish views.

You never ever praise the team - every post is laced with reference back to why you’re always right (you’re not - none of us are).

You’re in danger of turning into one of those street corner soapbox evangelists whose only friends are other zealots and nutjobs. The ones you see outside M&S right next to the guys banging out dodgy perfume.........
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018 09:30:36 am by Scotia »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16289: Feb 01, 2018 09:43:55 am
      Do you love your boss and agree with the company strategy 100% Heimy?

If you do then you’re either a) running your own business b) running someone else’s business or c) in a single figure minority.........

Jesus sufferin’ f**k it’s not that hard......

I have been in jobs which I have hated either because of the job or the boss and you now what I did, I left and went somewhere else, is that really so hard to understand, its not like the Liverpool job is the only one available to Jürgen or that its the only job he could ever imagine doing!
      BTW for the record I am my own boss yes, but I still need to be professional and polite to some of the fuckwits who I do work for. If any of them are to much of a pain then I walk, its as simple as that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16290: Feb 01, 2018 09:47:36 am
      From James Pearce tonight in The Echo:

Social media has been awash with criticism of owners Fenway Sports Group. There’s a school of thought that selling Coutinho was about balancing the books after signing Van Dijk and the money simply wasn’t there to bring in further reinforcements.

The problem with that viewpoint is it flies in the face of what Klopp repeatedly said over the course of January.

“We will get all the money,” Klopp said when quizzed about the Coutinho cash.

“Always since I’m in here we can have all the monies from transfers and more if needed. Since I’ve been in nobody told me ‘no way’.

“So far we got all the players we wanted to have. If someone wanted to have other players then it’s my fault. The owners are completely on my side.”

Klopp was adamant that he had the “final decision” on selling Coutinho and he concluded there was “no chance” of using him in the second half of the season because his commitment would have dwindled.

He also made it crystal clear that he was always likely to wait until the summer to buy another attacker when there will be a wider choice and better value available. Klopp has previous for biding his time when it comes to transfer targets - just look at his pursuit of Van Dijk and Keita.

Some will argue that he’s merely covering for FSG but Klopp is nobody’s patsy. He’s passionate and he speaks from the heart. If he felt he wasn’t being given the tools to do the job to the best of his ability it wouldn’t remain a secret for long.

It’s worth remembering that on four occasions over the past seven months Liverpool have committed to deals which either equalled or exceeded the previous club transfer record fee of £35million paid for Andy Carroll which had stood since 2011. Mohamed Salah, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Van Dijk are already on board with Keita to follow in July.

The owners are also committed to realising Klopp’s vision of a new £50million training base in Kirkby. Their relationship remains strong."

So pretty much exactly what I have been saying all along then, but I guess this is just more lies and Klopp didn't say it or Klopp is in fact the biggest pussy of all time and is terrified to say one word against the evil owners because he knows he couldn't get a job in any other football club and would be left penniless despite already being a multimillionaire.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16291: Feb 01, 2018 09:51:51 am
      I have been in jobs which I have hated either because of the job or the boss and you now what I did, I left and went somewhere else, is that really so hard to understand, its not like the Liverpool job is the only one available to Jürgen or that its the only job he could ever imagine doing!
      BTW for the record I am my own boss yes, but I still need to be professional and polite to some of the fuckwits who I do work for. If any of them are to much of a pain then I walk, its as simple as that.

To my point though here and elsewhere.

He may not hate them - they might just not be the dream bosses but he loves the job.

I’m in the b camp......I haven’t always agreed with every decision/ strategy from the parent companies I’ve worked for but I if love the job, my staff and the customers......I stay.

I also have a bigger mortgage to income than Jürgen I’d wager - to be fair ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #16292: Feb 01, 2018 09:54:39 am

But you're presuming he's not happy ? Just because a j0b has restrictions doesn't mean he's unhappy

I think he's perfectly happy working within the restrictions he has.
      But that doesn't mean there aren't restrictions

As i said before mate I have 'blame for owners and manager for the weakening of the squad this month and I really hope it doesn't cost us

As I've said the manager has targets, targets I'm.sure he would to bring in this month, financially though he won't get involved.
      He will say to his bosses, get me player x this month
      They go do the deal and they can't get it done, highly likely for financial reasons
      They go back to Klopp and say, sorry Jürgen we can't get it over the line this month, is there anyone else?
      He says no, I'll wait if you can't do it now

That's restrictions, restrictions I don't understand giving our turnover and net transfer spend from the last 3 years

But is Jürgen unhappy with those restrictions? Doesn't look like it, he seems to love it here.

As he said with vvd, I'm not bothered what we pay, thats for the financial people to sort out.
      I imagine with whoever he gave them as targets this month he wouldn't have cared either. But they wouldn't pay what it takes.
      But then he's willing to wait.

So pretty much exactly what I have been saying all along then, but I guess this is just more lies and Klopp didn't say it or Klopp is in fact the biggest pussy of all time and is terrified to say one word against the evil owners because he knows he couldn't get a job in any other football club and would be left penniless despite already being a multimillionaire.

Same answer as above

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16293: Feb 01, 2018 10:59:45 am
      information came from James Pearce. I actually think we've learnt a lot about Klopp this window.

1) He's a cooperate guy, he'll sign the minimum players he needs, gambling our season to look good to his employees, a tactic that kept Wenger at Arsenal during long periods of winning nothing.
      2) He's naive, Mignolet in FA Cup? I thought we saw the back of him but maybe Klopp wanted out the FA Cup because there's no money in it and we have a reduced squad, coorperate guy reduce games instead of buying players. Before rubbishing this, ask yourself how many times we've been eliminated early to much lower teams.
      3) Over confident in guys he won't play... Notice his reaction to Danny Ings? He definitely won't be going on loan? It means he's got a major role to play in the remainder of the season, this is a guy who can't get on the pitch when we're 3 nill up against Huddersfield.
      4) Klopp still way to late in substututing players
      5) Has not really shown a real interest in signing a goalkeeper.
      6) Claims players aren't available shortly before or after rivals sign people we need.

1) No, you think he's a shill, but I've seen no proof.
      2) He gives players the chance to redeem themselves, sometimes to his detriment, sometimes not.
      3) Or Ings just fits in better, to the way Klopp wants to play, than Sturridge.
      4) Unless something is seriously wrong, rather than just requiring a tweak, I've always thought those calling for subs in the first half and at half time were nuts.
      5) Reported bid rejected for Allison.
      6) Which player, that Klopp has stated we wanted, or are you just going by the press which, on their best day, only has a 20% hit rate on transfer stories, emphasis on stories.

You're very myopic in your views. We're third, touching distance of second and a decent shout of getting 25-30 points off of our remaining fixtures. We've played so well this season that you had some fans call a good, well-earned victory against Huddersfield perfunctory and workmanlike.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018 01:02:44 pm by Roddenberry »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16294: Feb 01, 2018 12:31:46 pm
      From James Pearce tonight in The Echo:

Social media has been awash with criticism of owners Fenway Sports Group. There’s a school of thought that selling Coutinho was about balancing the books after signing Van Dijk and the money simply wasn’t there to bring in further reinforcements.

The problem with that viewpoint is it flies in the face of what Klopp repeatedly said over the course of January.

“We will get all the money,” Klopp said when quizzed about the Coutinho cash.

“Always since I’m in here we can have all the monies from transfers and more if needed. Since I’ve been in nobody told me ‘no way’.

“So far we got all the players we wanted to have. If someone wanted to have other players then it’s my fault. The owners are completely on my side.”

Klopp was adamant that he had the “final decision” on selling Coutinho and he concluded there was “no chance” of using him in the second half of the season because his commitment would have dwindled.

He also made it crystal clear that he was always likely to wait until the summer to buy another attacker when there will be a wider choice and better value available. Klopp has previous for biding his time when it comes to transfer targets - just look at his pursuit of Van Dijk and Keita.

Some will argue that he’s merely covering for FSG but Klopp is nobody’s patsy. He’s passionate and he speaks from the heart. If he felt he wasn’t being given the tools to do the job to the best of his ability it wouldn’t remain a secret for long.

It’s worth remembering that on four occasions over the past seven months Liverpool have committed to deals which either equalled or exceeded the previous club transfer record fee of £35million paid for Andy Carroll which had stood since 2011. Mohamed Salah, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Van Dijk are already on board with Keita to follow in July.

The owners are also committed to realising Klopp’s vision of a new £50million training base in Kirkby. Their relationship remains strong."

Read that earlier, didn't realize it was Pearce (although now that I read it again, of course is Pearce!). He's trying t come across balanced, but ends up scapegoating Klopp and absolving FSG of any part of it a usual. Once an FSG mouthpiece always a mouthpiece!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16295: Feb 01, 2018 12:46:52 pm
      1) No, you think he's a shill, but I've see no proof.
      2) He gives players the chance to redeem themselves, sometimes to his detriment, sometimes not.
      3) Or Ings just fits in better, to the way Klopp wants to play, than Sturridge.
      4) Unless something is seriously wrong, rather than just requiring a tweak, I've always thought those calling for subs in the first half and at half time were nuts.
      5) Reported bid rejected for Allison.
      6) Which player, that Klopp has stated we wanted, or are you just going by the press which, on their best day, only has a 20% hit rate on transfer stories, emphasis on stories.

You're very myopic in your views. We're third, touching distance of second and a decent shout of getting 25-30 points off of our remaining fixtures. We've played so well this season that you had some fans call a good, well-earned victory against Huddersfield perfunctory and workmanlike.

Your 5 and 6 contradict each other mate! A reported bid for Allison, and transfer stories being bullshit.

Can't say I agree with all of Ribs points. I don't believe Klopp cares about looking good to the owners or wanting to exit the FA cup, but he does sometimes leave subs too late and does have too much faith in some of his players.
      The fact that he has stuck with Migs and Karius has shown a little stubbornness which may look like he had no interest in a new goalie, but I believe he'll get one in the summer.
      If reports are true that paying a little over the odds would've brought or targets here, then it certainly appears that he's at least a little reluctant to spend "FSGs" money.

If Klopp was at City or Utd, I bet he wouldn't be as shy opening the cheque book.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16296: Feb 01, 2018 12:53:08 pm

Either that or Klopp is right and you're wrong.

Klopp is doing the planning and building. We aren't.

Klopp is patient. Some of us, not so much.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16297: Feb 01, 2018 01:01:59 pm
      Your 5 and 6 contradict each other mate! A reported bid for Allison, and transfer stories being bullshit.

It was reported by Alisson's club, not press gossip.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16298: Feb 01, 2018 01:49:47 pm
      It was reported by Alisson's club, not press gossip.
      It was reported by our newspapers like Metro etc.. that an Italian Newspaper called  Il Tempo (which is their equivalent of the daily mail) reported that Roma rejected an offer. That is press gossip, the club said nothing.. however his agent said he is staying in Italy according to talksport. **ALL GOSSIP**
      Liverpool directly said all window we weren't signing a keeper this window. That is not gossip, it was in the Echo.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018 01:55:31 pm by Ribapuru »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #16299: Feb 01, 2018 02:08:48 pm
      As much as it at times irks me, I admire the Boss on his persistence to hold fire until he gets the player 'he' wants rather than a short term gap fill...

He knows the weight of expectation his shoulder carry, he also knows the buck stops with him, for all the crisis some would have us believe we are in the Boss has us 3 points of 2nd spot to a team that spunked stupid money to retain its top 4 status..
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16300: Feb 01, 2018 02:12:19 pm
      It was reported by our newspapers like Metro etc.. that an Italian Newspaper called  Il Tempo (which is their equivalent of the daily mail) reported that Roma rejected an offer. That is press gossip, the club said nothing.. however his agent said he is staying in Italy according to talksport. **ALL GOSSIP**
      Liverpool directly said all window we weren't signing a keeper this window. That is not gossip, it was in the Echo.

Actually came from a press conference with the club.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #16301: Feb 01, 2018 02:28:05 pm
      As much as it at times irks me, I admire the Boss on his persistence to hold fire until he gets the player 'he' wants rather than a short term gap fill...

He knows the weight of expectation his shoulder carry, he also knows the buck stops with him, for all the crisis some would have us believe we are in the Boss has us 3 points of 2nd spot to a team that spunked stupid money to retain its top 4 status..

You know Shabs, I think we are seeing the difference between accepting Balotelli and not settling and getting no one. I’m hopeful that Jürgen will keep things floating and if he does there better be significant expenditure this summer to rectify some of these wrongs.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16302: Feb 01, 2018 02:28:51 pm
      Actually came from a press conference with the club.
      It appears not mate!

http://www.empireofthekop.com/

Sporting director Monchi insists no bids came in, despite rumours hinting the Reds had tabled £44million for the Brazilian.

Alisson has surfaced as a primary target for Jürgen Klopp, who is expected to seek a replacement for Simon Mignolet during the summer transfer window.

Monchi said: “Did any offers come in for Alisson? No. It’s too early to talk about the next transfer window, it’s not very useful talking today, February 1, about who will stay or go,” as reported by Football Italia.

“Let’s start talking about play, technique, tactics… that would be more useful for everyone.”
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16303: Feb 01, 2018 02:36:20 pm
      It appears not mate!

http://www.empireofthekop.com/

Sporting director Monchi insists no bids came in, despite rumours hinting the Reds had tabled £44million for the Brazilian.

Alisson has surfaced as a primary target for Jürgen Klopp, who is expected to seek a replacement for Simon Mignolet during the summer transfer window.

Monchi said: “Did any offers come in for Alisson? No. It’s too early to talk about the next transfer window, it’s not very useful talking today, February 1, about who will stay or go,” as reported by Football Italia.

“Let’s start talking about play, technique, tactics… that would be more useful for everyone.”

Last time I trust the European Football Podcast, mind you, the term they used was rebuffed.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #16304: Feb 01, 2018 03:55:44 pm
      Ok looks like some of us want a sign at all cost philosophy.

We should have signed both Sanchez, Lemar and Aubameyang as reinforcements for Coutinho. We should ship out Migs and acquire both Alisson and Butland.

We’re flushed with cash. The owners can afford to pump in another £100m. In total we’d have £240m to spend. 

Aubameyang £56m + Sanchez £35? + Thoms Lemar £90m + Alisson £44m = £225m. There’s £15m left for Butland. Then if we sell Migs for £30, we will definitely land Butland if we offer £45m for him. If Butland fails to make it, he gets sold in the summer.

Isn’t this very doable and will keep the sign at all costs fans happy? We should “trade actively and strengthen” in every window!!! Klopp should’ve done this. But now “we’re falling behind”!!!! Why didn’t Klopp make any moves?

Even I can execute this on FM. It’s so easy right? Just save game every step of the way and if you make a wrong move just restart at the appropriate milestone. I’ve never lost a single match and my owners always give me more and more money to spend. I’ve signed all the best players out there.

It’s so simple. Why can’t we do this? No wonder I can feel frustration on here.

Let’s make a choice. Move on or continue whining. Otherwise appoint me as the head of football. I’ll strengthen the squad in every single window. I’ve built a world class team with perfect track record in FM to show for. And guaranteed - I’ll release Migs “at all costs” straightaway.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16305: Feb 01, 2018 04:27:17 pm
      Ok looks like some of us want a sign at all cost philosophy.

We should have signed both Sanchez, Lemar and Aubameyang as reinforcements for Coutinho. We should ship out Migs and acquire both Alisson and Butland.

We’re flushed with cash. The owners can afford to pump in another £100m. In total we’d have £240m to spend. 

Aubameyang £56m + Sanchez £35? + Thoms Lemar £90m + Alisson £44m = £225m. There’s £15m left for Butland. Then if we sell Migs for £30, we will definitely land Butland if we offer £45m for him. If Butland fails to make it, he gets sold in the summer.

Isn’t this very doable and will keep the sign at all costs fans happy? We should “trade actively and strengthen” in every window!!! Klopp should’ve done this. But now “we’re falling behind”!!!! Why didn’t Klopp make any moves?

Even I can execute this on FM. It’s so easy right? Just save game every step of the way and if you make a wrong move just restart at the appropriate milestone. I’ve never lost a single match and my owners always give me more and more money to spend. I’ve signed all the best players out there.

It’s so simple. Why can’t we do this? No wonder I can feel frustration on here.

Let’s make a choice. Move on or continue whining. Otherwise appoint me as the head of football. I’ll strengthen the squad in every single window. I’ve built a world class team with perfect track record in FM to show for. And guaranteed - I’ll release Migs “at all costs” straightaway.
      don't embarrass yourself. Nobody wanted Butland or Sanchez.. probably Auba either given his age.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #16306: Feb 01, 2018 04:45:07 pm
      Read that earlier, didn't realize it was Pearce (although now that I read it again, of course is Pearce!). He's trying t come across balanced, but ends up scapegoating Klopp and absolving FSG of any part of it a usual. Once an FSG mouthpiece always a mouthpiece!

He isn't the only one saying this, many other reporters are saying the same exact thing.

Quick Reply