Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1531990 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,040 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16445: Feb 06, 2018 09:37:21 am
      I've got a cousin & a friend who obviously aren't Jewish & give it the 'Yid' chants when we play them, I have Jewish friends who find the term
      Offensive..

Information purposes only. I've worked with the Jewish community for over 30 years and can categorically state they find it offensive when a outsider call them the word your referring to. However, I've also heard when they talk among themselves call each other this... The mind boggles.....  ???
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16446: Feb 06, 2018 09:47:45 am
      I've got a cousin & a friend who obviously aren't Jewish & give it the 'Yid' chants when we play them, I have Jewish friends who find the term
      Offensive..

I know. It beggars belief.

Personally - I wouldn’t use it in general life so football doesn’t make it right.....but each to their own.

I say lots of other stuff that is less circumspect about lots of topics ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16447: Feb 06, 2018 10:59:01 am
      Conte's Chelsea losing again just puts things into perspective that Klopp is doing okay.
      The Chelsea teams are notorious for stabbing their managers in the back and not playing for them when they are upset with team choice etc just as Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli, Claudio Ranieri, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Andre Villas-Boas, Roberto Di Matteo, Jose Mourinho (The last time) and it would not surprise me if that is the case again here...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #16448: Feb 06, 2018 10:59:40 am
      Information purposes only. I've worked with the Jewish community for over 30 years and can categorically state they find it offensive when a outsider call them the word your referring to. However, I've also heard when they talk among themselves call each other this... The mind boggles.....  ???

I remember David Baddiel discussing this & how the club Spurs need to clamp down on their very own supporters using it.. Something to do with Anti Semitic chants from the Chavs..

Any road...Klopp, I hope he can get us over the line in the league in the remaining games as we are starting to look lethargic in the 2nd half of games.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16449: Feb 06, 2018 11:30:10 am

That would have been me with my 'Yiddites' remark,
      Why not just say it, why hide behind pretend neutrality, your political correctness?
      for your information and perhaps education, it was football banter, same as other fans calling us 'bin dippers' something you fail to understand, for the record im not anti-Semitic nor am i a racist,
      And I'll tell you something else I'm not, a lily livered soft touch f***in do-gooder, a yogurt knitter who likes the smell of their own sh*te, I'm sure your familiar with those cardigan wearing brown shoe types who wear their sisters knickers from time to time, you know, the ones that hate to see the reality incase they get offended,

I'm not going to apologise for something that may have offended you,

Let me start by saying the I live in Tottenham and the Spurs fans refer to themselves as the "Yid Army" so proving that is what you are doing here that is fine, only the way you say (write it) gives the impression there is sometime more sinister behind it.
      Why do i say this...?
      It goes back to how you refereed to Rib' a couple of days ago and as for the "as far as I'm aware no one else other than ' the real forgot his name' fella, gave a flying f**k what i said. And more importantly nor did the mods."
      So go report that Fuckstick!!" I believe most people again thing at the time here did , but were either to embarrassed or to shocked to say at the time, they simple could not believe what they were reading...

Now i can understand  that people can be deep in debt, and things get heated, and so you might say something to hurt the other person (Hence why I said that I did not want to see you banded) But I don't know if it is the embarrassment of what you said before driving the things that you are saying now or if you truly have something against Rib' because for who you  perceive him to be...

The Liverpool Supporter (Those from the city) that I know have always felt that they have been look down on because who they were by southerns a some of their neighbors (The Mancs) as lower than them so have never really tolerated racist, they have witness the abuse former players like John Barnes have been through hence they do not tolerate it. The first port of call for West Indians coming to Briton in the fifties and sixties by ship was Liverpool and most of them loved the Liverpudlians so much they settled there...

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that (i) You do not coming from Liverpool (ii) You are a racist (iii) (The one I am) hoping for) Is that you are too embarrassed about you previous outburst and that you are trying to style it with the old " I don't care if people think" BS...

Grow up... The Liverpool FC and Supporters I know do not tolerate Racist   
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16450: Feb 06, 2018 11:44:04 am
      Conte's Chelsea losing again just puts things into perspective that Klopp is doing okay.

or that Chelsea are in crisis.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16451: Feb 06, 2018 11:49:11 am
      Why don't you just F**k OFF you irritating kunt, your full of sh*t, and the biggest f***in WUM on these boards.

Oh dear did you lose the argument and have to resort to name calling, tut tut.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16452: Feb 06, 2018 11:52:31 am

Kind of like blacks with the N word then, "we own that word, its our word, you're NOT allowed to use it" ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,040 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16453: Feb 06, 2018 11:54:49 am
      Kind of like blacks with the N word then, "we own that word, its our word, you're NOT allowed to use it" ;-)

That's 100% correct.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,040 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16454: Feb 06, 2018 11:56:02 am
      Time to get back on topic me finks. JK great manager.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16455: Feb 06, 2018 11:57:43 am

Conte not so great at the moment, do you think he is deliberately trying to F**k up Chelsea with all these scatter gun signings lately. I mean Ross Barkley, Drinkwater wtf?? Even Giroud is a bit weird to be honest.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,040 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16456: Feb 06, 2018 11:59:58 am
      Conte not so great at the moment, do you think he is deliberately trying to f**k up Chelsea with all these scatter gun signings lately. I mean Ross Barkley, Drinkwater wtf?? Even Giroud is a bit weird to be honest.

Put question on Chav thread.  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #16457: Feb 06, 2018 01:03:56 pm
      Something about Klopp....just makes me think he's waiting for Shell suits to make a comeback...or is that Lallana..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #16458: Feb 06, 2018 01:05:23 pm
      Something about Klopp....just makes me think he's waiting for Shell suits to make a comeback...or is that Lallana..

Nope, you’ve lost me  :confused-smiley-013:
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #16459: Feb 06, 2018 01:47:03 pm
      Just as well Conteh has lost the plot. Clearly he didn't really know how they won the League last season. Rumour has it that he was thinking of signing Andy Carroll and even Peter Crouch.

7-1 against in the last 2 games...B'Mouth & Watford...they play West Brom next, at home, on the Monday night..another beating there and he could be out..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #16460: Feb 06, 2018 02:47:07 pm
      The Chelsea teams are notorious for stabbing their managers in the back and not playing for them when they are upset with team choice etcjust as Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli, Claudio Ranieri, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Andre Villas-Boas, Roberto Di Matteo, Jose Mourinho (The last time) and it would not surprise me if that is the case again here...

Haha and long may it continue; everyone expects them to act like the complete arseholes they are at every level, from the toilet cleaner, supporters, players etc right up to management.
       Confirmed arseholes every one of them.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #16461: Feb 06, 2018 03:16:06 pm

Yes, remember Evra's complaint about Suarez allegedly using the N word when he actually said "negrito". And then a video appeared of Evra calling Jimmy Hasselbaink the n word?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs_DSCGeuL8
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16462: Feb 06, 2018 06:30:36 pm
      Haha and long may it continue; everyone expects them to act like the complete arseholes they are at every level, from the toilet cleaner, supporters, players etc right up to management.
       Confirmed arseholes every one of them.
      Let's all hope so  ;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #16463: Feb 06, 2018 10:18:58 pm
      F**k me, let's get this thread back on track.

Very disappointing result over the weekend and i bet Jürgen is still fuming with the shambolic officiating that took place at Anfield. Interesting how many supporters are changing their viewpoint on Jürgen and his ability to take us to the top. I fully believe he will take us there, the only obstacle in the way of that rise is FSG. As has been correctly pointed out, our net spend since their takeover has been that of a relegation team and while we have acquired some great talent it has always been a case of one for one as opposed to one for two etc. The Summer window will be the final opportunity for FSG to show their true intent or lack of it.

Back to the game and while i was frustrated at the midfield selection and also the inclusion of Lovren i am also aware of the restrictions being placed upon Jürgen and the Squad. I'm not a supporter of rotation as i think that certain areas of the team should be the same week in week out i.e. goalkeeper and centre backs, central midfield and striker. Klopp's system relies on rotation and i have no issue with that as long as we have the squad depth to accommodate it. With Coutinho gone i think Jürgen was looking at Lallana as the potential temporary replacement until the Summer. Again though, one injury and it highlights how shallow this Squad depth actually is. I am a firm believer in that we should have two strong options for every position in the Squad, we don't have that.

We all know the issues with the goalkeeper spot, Mignolet and Karius are both displaying lapses of concentration on a regular basis and for some strange reason, Ward, who has excelled during both his loan periods at Aberdeen and Huddersfield still cannot get a look in. Nobody has been able to nail down the right back spot since the Clyne injury, Alexander Arnold not quite ready yet and Gomez being predominantly a centre back. Robertson has nailed down the left back berth for me but Moreno has got to go, the other option is Milner but i think this will be his last Season here.

At centre back the arrival of van Dijk has highlighted how sh*te our other centre backs are, Klavan is slow and steady and i thought Matip was quite good for a while but the arrival of van Dijk confirmed my worst fears. Lovren, nothing to say really, not good enough. If i was Klopp i'd get Gomez in with van Dijk, he is young and still learning and van Dijk would bring him on no end.

In the midfield i would say Jurgens first choice three would consist of Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum. Can is probably leaving, Wijnaldum just seems to deteriorate with every game he plays and Henderson is still recovering from his injury lay off. We then have Oxlade (still settling in) and Lallana can't seem to stay injury free. Milner is an option if we are struggling.

Up top we have Mane (outstanding), Firmino (world class) and Salah (world class), the only real replacements for the wide forwards are Lallana (mostly injured) and Oxlade (still settling in). I fear for Firmino as i feel he is being run into the ground, so vital to the system that Klopp employs he barely rests him. Replacement options for Bobby are Solanke (nowhere near ready) and Ings (not even in the same league as Bobby).

So there you have it, this is what Klopp has to deal with, this is his hand. He is doing an excellent job and i can't see how anyone can argue otherwise. Klopp does employ a high intensity game plan and i do not wish him to change that or sacrifice his principles or beliefs. Rotation is crucial to the success of the 'gegenpress' style he utilises, it is not his fault he doesn't have the Squad depth to realise that success.

Bear in mind also that we have lost Coutinho, Sturridge and Markovic with no replacements brought in.

It is down to FSG to back their manager in the Summer or he will not stay here for much longer. The Madrid's, PSG's and Bayern's of the world will come calling with the budgets he requires and he will be gone.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16464: Feb 06, 2018 10:27:17 pm
      It is down to FSG to back their manager in the Summer or he will not stay here for much longer. The Madrid's, PSG's and Bayern's of the world will come calling with the budgets he requires and he will be gone.

He could have walked into Bayern years ago..said he wasn't interested.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #16465: Feb 06, 2018 10:59:43 pm
      He could have walked into Bayern years ago..said he wasn't interested.

As you said, years ago. Times change and unless FSG back their man they are playing a very dangerous game. Come the Summer and we show no intent again then Salah and Mane will be the next to go, mark my words.

World class players want to win trophies, why do you think Coutinho and Suarez left? Klopp has said he wants to make Liverpool Football Club a destination, not a stepping stone. He wants players to want to stay here, to do that you have to be competing at the very top, year in year out.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16466: Feb 06, 2018 11:06:19 pm

You see, now I disagree with that. Hear me out before you attack me for an opinion. I'm not saying for one moment that he's a bad manager, but he's not won a thing with us yet. Our trophy cabinet remains barren and we've only so far finished in the Champions League once out of two attempts. His accomplishments at Dortmund are also considerably overplayed by a section of the supporters, so I would say that whilst he's the best manager we could get in our current stage of development, the jury is still out on whether he's a great manager in say the same way Rafa or Houlier, or the true greats of yesteryear, because if we're going to say the mark of a great manager is to run up and down the touch line like a lunatic, crack a couple of jokes in press conferences and finish fourth, then standards have truly plummeted. The man needs to start winning things before he can truly be considered great.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #16467: Feb 06, 2018 11:49:14 pm
      You see, now I disagree with that. Hear me out before you attack me for an opinion. I'm not saying for one moment that he's a bad manager, but he's not won a thing with us yet. Our trophy cabinet remains barren and we've only so far finished in the Champions League once out of two attempts. His accomplishments at Dortmund are also considerably overplayed by a section of the supporters, so I would say that whilst he's the best manager we could get in our current stage of development, the jury is still out on whether he's a great manager in say the same way Rafa or Houlier, or the true greats of yesteryear, because if we're going to say the mark of a great manager is to run up and down the touch line like a lunatic, crack a couple of jokes in press conferences and finish fourth, then standards have truly plummeted. The man needs to start winning things before he can truly be considered great.

Fair enough. And it's true Klopp still has plenty to prove here and a top 4 this season is surely the minimum acceptable. I'm a little bit disappointed with the window just gone. Could it be that he didn't prepare for the loss of Coutinho in this window. Did he think Coutinho would take us thru to the end of the season.

Then letting Sturridge go. Injuries will happen, Ings and Solanke are untested. I'm sure the vast majority of LFC fans know the score, we back managers here, give them support, but nobody is kidding themselves. Klopp still has it all to do.

Quick Reply